• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
any advice on a gay ice climbers player, so far only divide and conquor has been barely working.
make sure when you put aerials around them, that you end behind their shields and are ready to move shortly after. And if you do wind up in front of it you have to make sure you have done your lcancel and you dash away asap before theyre able to shield grab, either to dash back for an attack or to regroup. A competent IC grab is proly the worse/most devastating grab that falcon can have done do him (next to sheiks).

the faster you can get rid of nana, the better. . even if it means jumping off to bair her obv dj. . . only do that is the IC player isnt good enough to edgeguard you (not many are). . . . or if you are low enough% to withstand a few hits. . . .after you kill nana, popo is easy to dispose of with the use of DD grab->uair/s->knee, or nair spamm if you cant dashdance. . .

hope that makes sense, ask if you need more details or elaboration

thnx guys, i'll try that simpler version first if i still have trouble i'll use that elaborat version, i started this game a few months ago, i still have trouble with lcancelling and nairing, which also means i cant shffl yet either lol but im sure when i get to used to short hopping nair it'll be my best friend

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
say you get a grab with puff

wtf do you do with it

it seems she can jump out of anything after you grab and throw

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As I keep playing Falcon these days, I'm learning about how you can pretty much never make the first move.. you really have to bait an attack and then counter-attack with an aerial to air chase.. or grab to techchase.. It's hella hard. heh.. Especially Fox wtf..

`DNS`

Smash Lord
As I keep playing Falcon these days, I'm learning about how you can pretty much never make the first move.. you really have to bait an attack and then counter-attack with an aerial to air chase.. or grab to techchase.. It's hella hard. heh.. Especially Fox wtf..
hey kage

that's what she said

The Official

Smash Rookie
Isn't that how Ganon is played? I thought you mostly had to bait moves with retreating Fairs and WD'ing back and things like that. Can't you apply the same concept to Falcon?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Trading hits as Ganon > trading hits as falcon.

Also, Falcon DD's and looks for openings while Ganon does exactly what you said. It's a bit different baiting.

Can't spam fair --> jab with falcon and actually do well.

D

Deleted member

saw that combo vid afro, good stuff

got a couple questions, if anybody is willin to help me out

any advice on a gay ice climbers player, so far only divide and conquor has been barely working.

also scarjumping i can make that first walljump but when i try to get back i end up dying

thnx
You can shield pressure with knee if you do it correctly since it knocks them away just enough for their pitiful grab range to miss you

you have to do it perfectly though and you should practice since kneeing two shielding people is different in terms of timing

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kage you dont really defend yourself if youre up close with falcon

you either attack or be far away

so if you find yourself up close, either go for gold and attack/grab, or get out of there

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kage you dont really defend yourself if youre up close with falcon

you either attack or be far away

so if you find yourself up close, either go for gold and attack/grab, or get out of there
Alright well, what I mean is like.. you can do like jab to grab mix ups.. or gentleman to techchase.. things like that right? It seems rather situational and very DI dependant.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well yeah of course, but its not at all like ganons jab kind of strategies

gentleman is pretty good when you get in little jab wars with other characters, and falcon has a pretty good cc so you can work that in, but yeah youre right that its really different depending on like every situation, matchup, etc.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
well yeah of course, but its not at all like ganons jab kind of strategies

gentleman is pretty good when you get in little jab wars with other characters, and falcon has a pretty good cc so you can work that in, but yeah youre right that its really different depending on like every situation, matchup, etc.
Guess I'm just gonna have to keep drilling. =P

well guys, i wont be here for a while, im going into the military, i know any of you dont know me or probably dont care but i just wanted to let u kno, see you on the other side, take it easy

xbombr

Smash Ace
what are some uses for falcon's raptor boost( and lol falcon kick)?
Raptor boost: Continuing and starting combos when you're not facing an edge. Although it's situational and there are usually better options. Or you can kill Falcos and Foxes with it when you have no hope of recovering.

Falcon Kick: Using it for getting to the middle of the stage with your back to the edge works as a mindgame to get stage control sometimes. Spamming it gets you ***** though. Recovery purposes of course.

Both are really situational and pretty mindgame oriented.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'm trying to figure out what can Falcon do, when you are really up close to defend himself?
Shield>WD OOS>do stuff according to the situation.

Best option defending yourself.

Gentlemen/Jab>Grab>do stuff accordingly again.

Best option keeping offensive.

Take your pick. :)

You can do other things (aerial OOS is common example, or just straght up nairs etc) but those are safest for SURE. ^

Move lots. Obviously that's his greatest advantage over anyone in this game, so up close should never be too long. Unless you're hitting them.

Otherwise you'll just get hit... >_>

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
A Falcon staying offensive is bound to get *****. When you're up close trying to defend yourself you can

A) Shield-->WD OoS or nair or roll
B) Gentlemen then run away to get the stage control back
C) Empty SH mindgames(not very effective)
or D) Try to get a grab

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm definitely not playing Falcon against Sheik lol... Ever since Genesis and so on.. **** that lol.

Edit: I'll keep those things in mind, thanks guys.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Wow. Either I'm tired and forgetting options or I'm dumb.

I was literally thinking of only Tech in place, forward and back and forgot all about no tech and get up attack.

xbombr

Smash Ace
If you could predict a failed tech, then you're probably better off just kneeing them on the bounce if you have the reaction skills.

I guess it really depends though.

D

Deleted member

gentlemen trick on fox that nobody ever does:

if you gentlemen at low percents, most foxes will crouch cancel and down-tilt

but you can crouch cancel the down-tilt back (lower percents) and then grab really fast while fox is still in animation (barely)

when not to gentlemen:

in general, when you are way too close to them, though the gentlemen hits the shield hard so u might somehow get a hit

if anybody blocks the gentlemen and u are too close they can shield grab. if you think they might grab u then maybe you should rapid jab on purpose (to buffer roll or buffer jump) or just do the 1st or 2nd jab only

Rapid jabbing a little bit longer than usual will mess a good number of people up. Rapid jabbing to buffer roll is actually pretty safe (most of the time) and for some reason doesn't get u punished much.

--
the problems of gentlemaning too much :

falcos when u are way too close they cc the first two jabs and shine and if they do not suck **** they will combo u sorta hard

low percent peach if they are not caught by surprise will down-smash

etc

i used to think the gentlemen was falcon's best move but crouch cancelling makes it a little bit less effective. It's very very good at ****** noobs however

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I'm trying to stop doing the gentleman other than after airals on shields because the people i've been playing with have started to SDI behind me after the first two hits.

On a different note, how do you guys practice your tech skill with falcon? because i've been screwing mine up a lot lately and my usual routine isn't cutting it anymore.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
I'm trying to stop doing the gentleman other than after airals on shields because the people i've been playing with have started to SDI behind me after the first two hits.

On a different note, how do you guys practice your tech skill with falcon? because i've been screwing mine up a lot lately and my usual routine isn't cutting it anymore.
pick bowser or someone and put starman on
a char. with a star on is the equivalent of hitting a shield
moonwalk across fd a few times
shffl hard

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, how many of you Falcons get moments at like 2:47 and then just rage knowing what could've been? I swear I was pressing forward to just get up to bair an unsweetspotted upB, but instead I guess my hands had other things in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lTelPhiJvo

For some reason, Falcon looked like an absolute pimp after that wavedash in place to pivot grab. Makes me go back to watch it again and again xD

Hellsinglover999

Smash Journeyman
If you could predict a failed tech, then you're probably better off just kneeing them on the bounce if you have the reaction skills.

I guess it really depends though.
well you cant knee on reaction the reason it would get them is because it covers multiple options and usually raptor boost leads to a free knee or some other aerial(icantspeell) except if they cc it

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well if the CC the raptor boost you're gonna get *****.

unless it knocks them down in which case they can just roll out or getup attack.
but i forget the circumsances at which raptor boost knocks a coruching opponent down.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just out of curiosity, how many of you Falcons get moments at like 2:47 and then just rage knowing what could've been? I swear I was pressing forward to just get up to bair an unsweetspotted upB, but instead I guess my hands had other things in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lTelPhiJvo

For some reason, Falcon looked like an absolute pimp after that wavedash in place to pivot grab. Makes me go back to watch it again and again xD
Fail.. why did you not reset your invincibility? lol.

Top Bottom