• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Kage, trust me, I looked back at that video and thought the same thing. Mini hangover johns for my first time drinking? Focus issues xD All the videos I uploaded that day had an edgehog error like that pretty much. Like for example, the FoD match vs. Fox, first stock I got shined spiked because I was thinking ledge hop dair, ledge hop onto the stage bair, and ledge hop backwards to knee him(which was obviously the worst choice and yet I followed through with it.......) at the same time.

Next time, I'll make sure not to fail so hard and let Falcon down =(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, how many of you Falcons get moments at like 2:47 and then just rage knowing what could've been? I swear I was pressing forward to just get up to bair an unsweetspotted upB, but instead I guess my hands had other things in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lTelPhiJvo

For some reason, Falcon looked like an absolute pimp after that wavedash in place to pivot grab. Makes me go back to watch it again and again xD
psshhh, i cant believe this scrub beat me. Its ok ill get my redemption @ SMYM.

So when you guys coming down to Evansville?!?!? You better get to planning, it better be no later than 1 month after SMYM.

xbombr

Smash Ace
well you cant knee on reaction the reason it would get them is because it covers multiple options and usually raptor boost leads to a free knee or some other aerial(icantspeell) except if they cc it
I know this. Kage said you'd have to predict the failed tech to get them with it and I said if you could predict the failed tech, then you're better off just kneeing them. They can't mess you up with DI if you just cut to the chase.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
sacred combos are where its at.

Or Stomp Dropzones. Too bad good people will meteor cancel them, cause they look SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Man I want to pull off stomp in the middle of BF (they DI it slightly right so they go over the right platform), to waveland grab dropzone knee. I don't even know if it would work but it seems possible lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you can grab them at the tip of the platform you should be able to pull it off. Instead of trying to just dair them on the ground, try and do a nipple spike through a platform. Since people always miss DI on dair, and nipple spikes give you much better platform chase options.

tubes

Smash Ace
sacred combos are where its at.

Or Stomp Dropzones. Too bad good people will meteor cancel them, cause they look SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE
If they meteor it that's when you double jump through the Falco's charging up-B and ROBO-COP!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
^Now would you rather see that while you're trying to respawn, or Zelda's taunt instead?

That's what I thought, no matter how annoying Zelda's taunt is, it does not even come close to the terrible...ness that is the kitty cat dance.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If they meteor it that's when you double jump through the Falco's charging up-B and ROBO-COP!
I recorded and commentated that.

My first moment in Melee, and perhaps the finest moment I will ever have.

MK, so at VGBootCamp, I met ICG and he was not even that crazy or dumb. He actually isn't even that bad, for Pichu at least. He didn't make it out of pools though. I got 9th. Shonic and M2K are both weirder that ICG.

I have an honest question. When I grab at the very edge, wtf to do? I almost never go for the dropzone because everyone DI's it. If they do DI away, what can I do? My Falcon edgeguards suck so I want to do something legit.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
dropzone a Uair instead? What character, % etc in particular? Or just like everyone???
If it's shiek, uthrow knee for funny love? LOL

Since when did Cats get so freakin good? :O

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Falcon is too fast and complicated to play if you're not already a decently smart player...

But people get from bad to really good faster with him than using anyone else.

He's just too good. :O

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Falcon is too fast and complicated to play if you're not already a decently smart player...

But people get from bad to really good faster with him than using anyone else.

He's just too good. :O
I'll second this. He helps you dashdance mind game a lot and helps make you use ur resources wisely. and makes u think fast too =)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Tips on falcon's vs IC's?

Trail has put enough **** on my sheik that I think falcon is my best chance. He just poops on my marth as well as most peoples because he just sees the openings and gets grabs, so that's not really an option

Falcon is the only where I can have a set where I feel I can hang due to his knee and speed

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Tr3mor: Quoting myself on this one.

Dairing them over and over again works wonders. Then just knee Nana when she's high enough and she'll die.

If they shield, knee their shields. Often you'll shield stab Popo, and even if you don't, you can follow up with raptor boosts, and that will usually hit them out of their attempted counterattack.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
which is easier said than done of course. If you hit both of their shields you have significantly different L-cancel timing. I think doing moves into peoples shields is the worse possible thing to do as falcon, ESPECIALLY characters whose whole game is focused almost entirely on grabs.

unless you hit the backs of their shields, thats almost always safe.

all that being said I have no idea what to actually do, i've played ic's like in like 10 matches total.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i think the goal is just to get nana off the stage and try as best as possible to edge guard whilest being attacked by popo

then popo is just like fighting a bad version of marth or something

i kept typing poop instead of popo

tubes

Smash Ace
which is easier said than done of course. If you hit both of their shields you have significantly different L-cancel timing. I think doing moves into peoples shields is the worse possible thing to do as falcon, ESPECIALLY characters whose whole game is focused almost entirely on grabs.

unless you hit the backs of their shields, thats almost always safe.

all that being said I have no idea what to actually do, i've played ic's like in like 10 matches total.
basically, hit them once, and once you do, don't let them regroup. Also keep grabs to a minimum.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
forward b is good but dont do too much of it. just jump around, be a careful player, then just throw a knee or stomp at him then run away again. dont try to keep pressure on once its on, just hit and run instead

i dunno trail is a thug vs falcon, it'll be tough

D

Deleted member

Don't forward b the back of their shield or you will eat 2 b-airs unless you are confident you will hit them

if you forward b the front of their shield you are sorta safe since IC's have horrible grab range if they block but some like to wavedash out of shield to down-smash.

KNEE is the best shield pressure if you do it correctly but it needs practice since kneeing two shields has a different timing. The knee will push them just out of grab range. Then you can knee again. Not recommended if you suck at this since you will get grabbed if you suck and then get *****

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Tips on falcon's vs IC's?

Trail has put enough **** on my sheik that I think falcon is my best chance. He just poops on my marth as well as most peoples because he just sees the openings and gets grabs, so that's not really an option

Falcon is the only where I can have a set where I feel I can hang due to his knee and speed
Be gay. Really, really gay.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You're ahead of me. I've played 0 Falcon vs Ice Climbers matches (as Falcon).

But from the IC's' perspective, side-b and dair are really gay and getting your shield kneed is frustrating because there's almost no way to punish it; plus, one of the Eskimos gets shield stabbed about 1/3 of the time -> separated -> kneed one or two more times -> dead.

I do my best to combat SH knees and stomps with nairs and utilts, but in the end it's just rock paper scissors because raptor boost > IC's' nair and utilt.

Fsmash beats Falcon's aerials and raptor boost, but if you guess the timing wrong or react too late, you get punished severely. X_X

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ic's get ***** by hit and run.

you don't need to be good at combos or super teched out. it's so easy it's like a 2006 matchup that has just been frozen ever since.

run at them with knees and stomps and just keep kneeing.

Top Bottom