• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Proverbs

Smash Lord
How do I play the Ganon matchup? I don't really know what to do, so I just spam n-air, grabs, and knees until he gets hit and them keep comboing if I can, typically. I do pretty well in the matchup, but I'd like to go into the matchup thinking about what I should be doing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sounds like you have the right idea to me. It seems to me that CF is just supposed to run around and wait for Ganon to commit to something and then **** him sideways for being so much slower than CF. It's just sort of a bait and punish matchup on both sides... Ganon wants to feign weakness and then punch you for trying to punish a non-existent mistake and you just want to look for when he really makes one and then death combo him for it.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ight so i found a trick u can do wit the dropzone, well one is u can

down throw pivot reverse knee , and for fun if they recover u can wall jump knee, lol
(for some reason the pivot knee doesnt link i might be a lil slow tho so im not sure about it)

the other is

downthrow, week bair, jump uair dropping knee

u die but its a 4 hit combo, u can try it on fox at like 30% on fd

if you want i can upload a video of it it looks quite sexy

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
Ganon is on a never-ending struggle to pretend he's left himself open and punish you for believing such a blatant lie.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
But when our back is to you from a great distance away that means you should just try, i mean, just hit us with a nair. Nothing we can do at all. I promise. Absolutely nothing.

concaib

Smash Rookie
But when our back is to you from a great distance away that means you should just try, i mean, just hit us with a nair. Nothing we can do at all. I promise. Absolutely nothing.
Ganon would never lie :) Lets all do this now

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I lol'd when I saw that my join date was 26 days after his XD I took the name Zephyr in like December of '07.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm bad at trash talking. Instead, I use courteous conversation starters whenever I pull off an amazing combo. Ex. "OH! How are you today?"

It'll catch on.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what part of the stomp is actually a spike? The top of his body? Is the nipple spike the one that sends the opponent at a ridiculous angle downwards, and is that the only part that is a spike, rather than a meteor? Someone mentioned this in the IKMIII thread, and i realized I never actually learned this.

Alukard

Smash Hero
what part of the stomp is actually a spike? The top of his body? Is the nipple spike the one that sends the opponent at a ridiculous angle downwards, and is that the only part that is a spike, rather than a meteor? Someone mentioned this in the IKMIII thread, and i realized I never actually learned this.
wow this ... is finally sumthing that should be known ...

i kinda want to know this as well LOL

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Just a guess. I've understood the hitbox for the actual spike is around the chest. Hence Nipple Spike, and it sends them down and away at an angle. Opposed to the meteor that sends them straight(and Di in whatever direction).

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
How do I play the Ganon matchup? I don't really know what to do, so I just spam n-air, grabs, and knees until he gets hit and them keep comboing if I can, typically. I do pretty well in the matchup, but I'd like to go into the matchup thinking about what I should be doing.
DDcamping is ridiculously effective. Like 4stock effective. Stadium, dl64, and fd are by far your best options. On battlefield and YS your advantage drops dramatically to where you can lose versus a competent Falcon.

GG7 stopped being a bum and finally got a job and his computer broke or something like that. He's still actively smashing though, subscribe to OkamiBW's channel so you can watch him knock Wobbles into losers bracket (ZOMG GG7 IS BETTAR THAN DARKRAIN!!!!!!!) but lose to him in loser's finals. I'm not sure when they'll be uploaded but me getting ***** by Wobbles has been uploaded so far from that tournament.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you got it right chred

you gotta hit with the very top of the hitbox, and only that part, so they gotta be kinda near your head

then it will send them down at an angle and it will be a spike

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok so a little issue I ran into when I finally got to play the Sheik matchup last time I Smashed...I remember people always saying if you missed the tech, you could SDI up and when she went to reset you, you'd be in a neutral position rather than being in the getup animation. Now if I remember correctly, I had done it right because I for sure wasn't in my getup animation, but I was like in the air very slightly and it seemed like I couldn't do anything in that position before he grabbed/jabbed me. I tried jumping and everytime it wouldn't work. Any help here?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
What percent were you doing it at? You should be able to either jump out if you time it right or buffer a spotdodge/roll. I was doing it to m2k, so it definitely works lolz.

Then again, I seem to be the only falcon who can get out of IC's chain, so what do I know.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
chred i can get out of most ice climbers chaingrabs

but i dont think its possible if they are perfect

ive gotten out of chu's most every time i've played him, but trail usually chains me pretty consistently

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The reason i get out of it is SDI +ASDI + buffer roll. The thing is, I don't think it's possible to do it more than 50% as ICs, even if they're perfect, because if I DI out, in the direction of the dair knoackback, they have to move fairly far in that direction, but if I DI in, i end up behind popo, and the buffer roll happens nearly right away, meaning the IC player has to guess which way you'll go.

You also might be able to SDI up and get out of it, but I haven't tried that.

btw, if I wanted to talk about things other than falcon, i wouldn't come to the falcon discussion thread lolz. Coming in here and talking about other **** is like going to a presentation about a new product or something and asking the presenter what they though about Avatar. It's not what the presentation, or the thread, is for. If you want to make a "falcon mains talk about everything and anything" thread, do it :D

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You guys aren't playing Wobbles. If you get grabbed you die, wobbling or not. He only messed up once versus me as far as I know and of course I accidentally buffer rolled right into him. I find that if you SDI out of ICs raptor boost is a little dodge and punish that works if they're not expecting it.

Versus Sheik, DD a lot and be patient. Try harder not to get grabbed and worry less about SDIng her jabs.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
It seems whenever you guys give falcon vs sheik advice you only give advice on how to not let her shove her ****** **** inside your bumbum. All you need is one grab on sheik, then just keep her above you and mix up with tech chase-regrabs, don't stomp unless you got their tech 100% certain and are about to finish off the combo. Once you get that knee that knocks her off the stage you just need to ledge stall, forcing her to recover on the stage, BAM, reverse knee. If you time the get up animation right they wont be able to trick you into letting them grab the ledge instead of going onto the stage.

That is, as i'm aware, the generic kill sheik formula, surely you still want to work on gimps and ridiculous air combos, but you wanna learn the text book **** before working on your own tricks

edit: as far as ledge invincibility frames go, does anyone know if doing the last ledge stall at the same time she begins the initial jump of her up-b(before going invisible) will give you enough frames to not even have to let go of the edge as she'll not hit you and fall to her death?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You guys aren't playing Wobbles. If you get grabbed you die, wobbling or not. He only messed up once versus me as far as I know and of course I accidentally buffer rolled right into him. I find that if you SDI out of ICs raptor boost is a little dodge and punish that works if they're not expecting it.

Versus Sheik, DD a lot and be patient. Try harder not to get grabbed and worry less about SDIng her jabs.
you mean without doing a handoff? We need magus in here testing this. Human reaction time is what, like 8 frames at the best? I really want to test this now.

Top Bottom