• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Geist

Smash Master
my friends are slow to upload (knew they would be)
we have about 3 hrs of recorded footages of me, zer0, fearz, tank, nasty, & sick
Wow haha
You know every time I had myself recorded, the footage mysteriously gets destroyed. Once the footage was overwritten, another time we were using a VCR that malfunctioned and ruined the tape, another time my friends computer crashed while it was being edited, etc.
>:[

I haven't adopted that whole Uair Canceling dealio yet.
I've never seen nobody use it consistently in a match before.
Is it more for show than an actual effective tech?
Its ridiculously easy to do, and there's no negative drawbacks for doing it.
It only took me a few minutes to master doing it on the stage. That ****'s helpful against edgeguarding.
My favorite is using it on ledges and immediately platform cancelling an nair.

Alukard

Smash Hero
can u guys show me exactly wat it is on video ??? cuz i think i do it but not sure i'm thinking about the same thing u guys are ... ALLLLLSo ... i got some new tricksies ... hopefully i get it recorded/use it on someone in tourney

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I have a question for spaceballs, but if anyone else knows the answer, you can.
I watch you alot, and I've noticed when you go for a grab you almost always JC it instead of dash it. Is this because of more range, less startup lag (I think it has less, but more end lag? idk), etc? Should I JC or dash grabs? Tyvm in advance and keep ****** :p

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
They actually both have the same startup (frame 18), but that's not really what I'm concerned with...
There's a post by HugS from a while back where he mentions that the 20 frame difference in ending lag really doesn't matter - it's a laggy move, you're going to get punished if you miss either way. And therefore the advantages of the standing grapple (increased range, grabs for a longer period of time) are way more important, because you should be more concerned with getting the grab, not "oh no what'll happen if I miss?". I've even had several situations where people rolled away and still got caught because the standing grapple reaches the place they rolled to, haha.
Also I pivot grab a lot, which requires the standing grapple.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Ok cool
I was mostly curious because I need to grab more so I can attempt some crazy combos :laugh:
Thankss

.Marik

is a social misfit
Posting because I'm picking up Melee Samus.

What's good Blowtoes. Teach me your divine knowledge someday.

I experimented with Samus, and I came to the conclusion she's way too much fun. Dropping Falcon as a secondary, people know that matchup too well anyways.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I JUST picked up Samus. Hopefully I can chill at Nightmare's tournament over the beginning of March Break.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Your balls gotta be huge to grab with samus.

Just sayin...
you can make her bigger during down-B?

.Marik-what do you know like any tech skill at all or you know how to WD/junk and a little smaus stuff. also f-tilt is good and don't forget to mess with people

xbombr

Smash Ace
Grabbing is really good in some situations. I like it against Marth too because it can challenge their range if they're spacing grounded attacks like dtilt. Yeah sadly, grabbing is one of the only answers I could find to approaching/spamming dtilts since Marth has an answer to almost everything from dtilt that doesn't outrange him. Even then he can just jump over it and come after you. Alternatively you can charge your chargeshot just outside of his range. lol Most people won't let you do that. Seekers work too or low super missiles (I think) if you're far enough away to SHMC.

On another note, I did my first tech chase grabs tonight. It's so freaking easy after playing as Sheik and being reliant on picking up on techs then regrab. I got 6 d-throws in a row against one of my friend's Falcon. lol

I don't think he was expecting it or he would have started thinking about his techs more. lmao
He paused it after he finally got out of it and we both started laughing. Samus tech chase grabbing is just hilarious.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i guess theres a guy in the green suit samus lol cuz me and my memphis twin spacenutz play the same lol

and we grab with huge "egos" LOLOLOL

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Grabbing with Samus is purely a mindgame maneuver compared to other characters that do it based on reaction.

On the same note of what IHSB was iterating, JC Grapple is also good against spot dodgers, especially ones that delay their dodge to compensate for the missile-dash grapple mindgame.

Random Tidbit: Vs Falco if you grapple him while getting hit by a SHL you can immediately shoot your Charge Shot and it will likely hit. Dicey to do, as it isn't a legit combo but your opponent can certainly be caught off guard.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Thing of it this way.

When you're near someone, you're jabbing, ftilting, stuff like that. CONSTANTLY they are in danger of getting tilted, jabbed, smashed, whatever.

What's the best way to avoid getting hit by these if you can't move out of the way in time? Shied!

How do you beat Shield? Grab!

In every match I've ever seen, people shield more against Samus, Falco and Luigi than anything else. Samus probably the most when they're up close.

That's where grab comes in. :)

Geist

Smash Master
I dunno, when they shield, they can jump. And if you're jabbing, ftilting etc, they get hit if they jump. If you grab, they don't.
jab cancelling removes an option.

Basically, I don't always go for the grab, but use it as a fall-back.

Alukard

Smash Hero
i dunno why but i grab a bunch with samus ... usually it pays off more then it hurts LOL

IMO shield in this game is really freaking good ... especially if ur a pro/top player they abuse shield ... so i usually get good grabs on the better player ... i know that sounds weird lol ... but yea

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah that's pretty much what it boils down to.
In some areas Rock is better than Paper though, and etc.

Metagame is too good

resTy

Smash Champion
Went to a mock tournament to prepare for SMYM today and got 3rd.
Smeesh and JBM got 1st and 2nd as expected.
Despite getting 3rd, I felt like I didn't deserve it because I played like trash.
I got a really weak bracket it felt like.
Videos to come, maybe.
This game stresses me out . . .

Random question: Y'all ever feel like you don't deserve the spot you got in tournies sometimes?

Alukard

Smash Hero
Went to a mock tournament to prepare for SMYM today and got 3rd.
Smeesh and JBM got 1st and 2nd as expected.
Despite getting 3rd, I felt like I didn't deserve it because I played like trash.
I got a really weak bracket it felt like.
Videos to come, maybe.
This game stresses me out . . .

Random question: Y'all ever feel like you don't deserve the spot you got in tournies sometimes?
no lol .. ur there because u won

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
^^^

Actually, I beat someone in a tourney who I knew was better than me, I just won the set cause of shinanigans (SDs, dumb mistakes, bad day) and straight up told them it was just unfortunate and they should've had that but I got lucky.

Then to that same person, I lost months later for the same reasons, and they told me the same things, that they got lucky and it was unfortunate. But we're even now so it's all good LOL

And I lost to the first ICs I ever played... was really lame. >_>
Afterwards in friendlies, I ended up usually 2 stocking him with every character every match.... it was a good learning experience LOL

I love tech chasing with Samus lol.
Tech chase with grab. Shield is a common option after getting up when a Samus is dashing at you. ;)

i dunno why but i grab a bunch with samus ... usually it pays off more then it hurts LOL

IMO shield in this game is really freaking good ... especially if ur a pro/top player they abuse shield ... so i usually get good grabs on the better player ... i know that sounds weird lol ... but yea
That's not weird, if anything it's the way it should be.

Good players know how to use their shield and live for it, bad players shffl aerials and jump into **** so they die for it. Grab the shielder who is usually the safer and better player, give something like **** for the bad player not shielding to jump into.

Good player shields it, bad player jumps into it.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
it seems to me like people always begin competitive smash after they're somewhat decent/have the basics

i however began as soon as i started learning smash pretty much looooool

samus *****

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Playing theory fighter here, but I honestly think that a there is no way a very high level Marth can lose to Samus, he owns her in almost every respect. Even countering properly spaced tilts with SHFFL Fair. I'd like to see an up-to-date M2K vs HugS match to prove (or disprove) my theory.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Playing theory fighter here, but I honestly think that a there is no way a very high level Marth can lose to Samus, he owns her in almost ever respect. Even countering properly spaced tilts with SHFFL Fair. I'd recently like to see an up-to-date M2K vs HugS match to prove (or disprove) my theory.
m2k and hugs both told me that hugs isn't very good at the matchup at all... and i go pretty even with m2k marth vs my samus as long as its not FD ... also imo u shouldn't space on marth ... its all about getting in there and hitting him up into the air

Top Bottom