• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Alukard

Smash Hero
but seriously lets talk about marth ... because imo he is really hard to beat with samus ... MAYBE the most difficult matchup

resTy

Smash Champion
Marth is my toughest match-up despite all the Marth practice I get.
If Marth doesn't get too aggressive and just spaces out like a homo, it seems impossible.
I just try to dash attack him during aerials which works 50% of the time XD.
I also go for grabs A LOT because all Marth players do is dash dance camp into grab ALL DAY!
But yeah, I must not know how to fight against Marth; I would like to learn the match-up better.

xbombr

Smash Ace
Dash attacking under his aerials and missiles are about all I use if he's campy. Grabs work on occasion, but he's fast enough to react to them and beast you if you do it at the wrong time.

You can CC some of his stuff and punish him too.

Ftilt clanks with pretty much his entire ground game if you're spaced well.

WD OoS to punish fsmashes.

If you somehow manage to gain the upperhand against him, don't stop pressuring him until you've clearly lost the spacing advantage or taken a stock.

idk...basically you're just trying to catch him offguard a few times and get him offstage for an edgegaurd. Unless you get the gimps, you're probably going to lose.

The Marth match up is really gay overall. It's like an episode of queer eye for the straight guy if you get locked above his feminine *** too.

Alukard

Smash Hero
dont try to out space him ... he wins !!!! i'm telling u ... u have to just learn the footsie game against him like in Street Fighter ... if hugs samus spacing father can't get the spacing then i dunno what evidence i can show u LOL

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol ... seriously tho .. thats why cf is annoying ... is because he can jump 90 FT. across the screen is a sec ... its hard to control the space around him... hence why he loses to falco and sheik (quick projectiles that stun)

try to control marth and gain a % advantage ... then pick ur times to strike... no rush ... its not a race

HugS™

Smash Lord
dont try to out space him ... he wins !!!! i'm telling u ... u have to just learn the footsie game against him like in Street Fighter ... if hugs samus spacing father can't get the spacing then i dunno what evidence i can show u LOL
I never thought about it like that.

I need to talk to you on AIM about the match up soon.

I can help you out with the falcon match up too, it's easily one of my best. (If you feel you need any help, that is.)

Pi

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyH-cV6shIg&feature=sub

marth is my most proficient matchup
(this was a fluke but seriously, I have years and years of marth experience)

i've fought dark sonic, skratch, qdvs, full metal a while ago, marths don't scare me.

i should get an aim.

my worst matchups atm are probably ganon, falcon, and high teir falco's.
also i don't do so hot vs. peach but i think i could do better just staying patient.

aim gotten

superwavedash@aim.com

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyH-cV6shIg&feature=sub

marth is my most proficient matchup
(this was a fluke but seriously, I have years and years of marth experience)

i've fought dark sonic, skratch, qdvs, full metal a while ago, marths don't scare me.

i should get an aim.

my worst matchups atm are probably ganon, falcon, and high teir falco's.
also i don't do so hot vs. peach but i think i could do better just staying patient.

aim gotten

superwavedash@aim.com
I like your Samus, but no offense, that Marth had no defense to speak of. His edge game was poor and his spacing was off a lot. The Marth players I play, esp. the ones that know the matchup play an active defense and know when to plow through missiles and tilts with ease.

I can wreck overly-aggressive Marths, especially ones that expect you to just fall into their tipper range, but advanced Marths abuse tilts and Aerials and never let you in, which force you to take risks that they can exploit if they're prepared.

@ HugS: I NEED HELP WITH FALCON! :-p (Well kinda)

Pi

Smash Hero
i've played this marth for like a year straight
he's gone through defensive phases, offensive phases, and everything in between

there are ways around it

you can punish his ftilt if you shield it, it's slow

the only way to 'plow through missiles' is to either ftilt them, or jab them, or fair them, all of which are punishable

if they ftilt them, you can punish that

if they jab them, then you can't really punish it, but they aren't approaching

as far as 'abusing aerials'

i don't see that being a problem, if you're grounded they are going to approach with either a side B or a fair, or a dair if you've been CCing, all of which can be punished if you **** up their spacing by wavedashing toward them and sheilding.

if they fair as soon as they short hop, then you nair oos, same with side b.

if they dair on your shield, you can also nair oos if you time it for when they stand up.

if they're spacing moves on your shield, then you put missiles out there and wavedash into their face and shield the move

like i said, this 4stock was a fluke, but just the 4stock aspect, we got back and forth mostly, and we both change our playstyles up accordingly, but yea, you don't get 4stocked when you're playing smart, he usually doesn't let me run over him like this lol.

and after so long of playing marths, i rarely get gimped,
depending on the day he might come out and try to bair me, but i've faced a lot of marths, and i hardly ever get hit by it, and idk if you guys do this or not, but when you are forced to grapple below the ledge, and you are kinda in hang time when you retract the grapple, juss press R and you'll tech anything as long as you're holding toward the stage, if the marth is just hanging on the edge waiting for you and you've grappled below the edge, when you retract it hit a button to tech and hold toward the stage, anything he throws out is gonna cause you to tech

aside from this, i mean, yea marth has a really good edge game, but samus has an amazing anti-edge game

save your jump, wait for him to come out, and jump over him, bait him to come out, you want him to come out, and if he waits too long then you grapple the stage and success.

also got to finally face hbox's puff, too bad it was in bracket @ wato,

3stocked me then 2 stocked me

wall of pain sucks...

think it was battlefield then my CP was FD
i'm just really comfortable on FD

Alukard

Smash Hero
Marth can spot dodge missles and he can also duck under many of them ...that marth definitely seemed noobish =/ ... I play vs m2k, hbk, g$, jman marths lolol I'm pretty sure they are above the skill of the fore mentioned .... no offense but u should nevere be able to take full offense on a marth ... samus vs most high tiers is a pick and choose/bait fight ... imo its more then those samus basics u posted ... m2k and hbk usually bait with sh falling fair and then roll back or shield in place and counter attack my options because he has the priority and coverage ... that's why I learned to grab a bunch vs most great players... again don't take any of this to offense ... if u feel u are good at the match up good **** but we should really talk about tricks and tips more then samus basics because that's wat I think makes her a playable/viable character ... her basic oos game and amazing edguarding is toooo good lol

Hugs hit me up whenever nigg ... and kinht u do the same =)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Isn't it supposed to be who's?

Marth is homosexual.
You need to go in-and-out a lot against Marth, since he'll be trying to keep you in the middle of in and out
Strange how he's homosexual but loves ****** Samus. *thinks* o.O

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Isn't it supposed to be who's?

Marth is homosexual.
You need to go in-and-out a lot against Marth, since he'll be trying to keep you in the middle of in and out
Strange how he's homosexual but loves ****** Samus. *thinks* o.O
lol Indeed Marth is queer. Template Marths are easy as hell to bait because they treat you as any other mid tier character, but Marths used to the matchup can just dash dance around and out-space you to impunity. And once you're a stock behind they can just play defense while you get racked up with idle damage.

Keeping momentum is all you can do.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
do uncharged shots travel slower than missiles?

i think they do

because i prefer using those over missiles sometimes because it messes them up

*shrug*

Geist

Smash Master
Oddly enough I don't have that much trouble with Marths. But I come from Canadaland, which is also Marthland. It's not as though I don't have difficulty facing marth, but I find other matchups much more overwhelming. Sheik and Manondorf in particular.

If you homing missile Marth while he's offstage it results in some mad lulz
Also, don't uncharged shots have more priority than homing missiles? I don't recall Marth being able to jab them
But I'm stupid so

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
do uncharged shots travel slower than missiles?

i think they do

because i prefer using those over missiles sometimes because it messes them up

*shrug*
When edgeguarding, homing missiles into uncharged shot works wonders, and require less timing than missiles which don't work on some characters.

Marth's can jab uncharged shots but most don't know the timing so they get hit. Semi-Charged shots are also useful for throwing people off because of the subtle speed differences as well.

resTy

Smash Champion
I can't believe a Brawl video was just posted in the Samus Boards.
Please edit that thing out, please.

Pi

Smash Hero
i'm pretty bad against dorf
but
i basically space ground **** until i'm pretty sure when he's gonna go into the air
then i jump over him and aerial before he does
since his ground game isn't so good
aside from jabs, his other stuff is pretty slow

so make him go in the air
predict it
then hit him and follow up
retreating aerials...heh...
i guess missiles to make him approach

resTy

Smash Champion
You're really aggressive O.O Should probably try to develop some patience.
Gotta stop dropping those aerials when you're above Marth also. It might work every now and then but you dropped Nair from above almost every time you were up there. Not very reliable in my experiences since it's hard to space that thing.
That Hylian Lowrider was sick though. That was the first time I've seen it actually used.
Tell that Marth to be more patient also. He doesn't need to rush against Samus. Whenever you're in the air, he desperately tried to jump up and do something absurd. He can just stay down there since Marth has complete control on the ground especially when Samus is floatin' about.
He also needs to work on his grab game IMMENSELY! He had a ton of easy grab opportunities and did a random aerial instead. I understand Marth's sword is pretty decent but his hand's are pretty killer also XD

Not the critique thread but I figured you probably wanted somebody to watch it and point things out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First time you've seen it used? What..never seen my samus?

XD XD XD

I don't even play samus anymore :(.

resTy

Smash Champion
Hylian Lowrider is a ledge-hopped strong missle -> regrab ledge.
I think you only got a 1 frame window, or something absurd, to do it.
It's subtle so I bet some people didn't even catch it.

And I agree with you, Samus' jab is TOO GOOD.
I wish it was **** GOOD though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Hylian Lowrider is a ledge-hopped strong missle -> regrab ledge.
I think you only got a 1 frame window, or something absurd, to do it.
It's subtle so I bet some people didn't even catch it.

And I agree with you, Samus' jab is TOO GOOD.
I wish it was **** GOOD though.
imagine if the second part for the jab would pop people up like falco's jab .. ooo baby

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
True that. Instead someone hack her to have Fox's running speed, short hop height, and fall speed. I'd kill to see her shffl nair combo someone across the stage.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hey, were you at the tourney in Burnaby at the end of January? I'm wondering if I met you...
I was the guy who mains Samus and came with Tim/Daltsy :p
wtf
I totally missed this post but yeah I'm Daltsy's teamziez.
You were the last Samus in the crew battle right?

Samus Dair combos would be too good with that speed.

Geist

Smash Master
How do you beat retreating aerials from Manondorf?
Don't run into them, basically
if you don't approach, ganon eventually stops doing them.
cool samus bro
Every time you approached with a missile and marth countered it I was like D:
If you spaced back just a bit and waited for him to counter, you could have punished him pretty severely.

Also moar ftilt

And nice techies. I liked the consistancy of your swd and lowrider missiles.
Can you shffmc too? Just wondering because it totally pays off once you get it down.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i just realized samus mains are some of the proudest motha****ers in the community

honestly

we're all bad***es

god**** we ****ing ****

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'm entering my first Melee tournament as Samus next week.

Any tips I should know beforehand?

BLOWTOES GET @ ME PLEASE.

Top Bottom