• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR: Custom Contest Submissions

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Post all submission to the contest here!

How to enter:
-Create a custom stage
-have at least 1 video, maximum of 3, of gameplay on the stage on youtube, linked in the original post
-have text accompanying the video explaining why you designed the stage the way you did, interesting facts about the stage, important information, who you think does well or poorly on the stage, or other information you consider important
-have a screenshot of the whole stage so that it can be recreated if need be(you can do this with PC stage creating software or by simply taking a picture of the stage creation stage)
-A link to download the stage

Please follow the template shown below; I'm using stages I have made in the past as an example. Your image, text, or video don't have to be of the same quality in any way shape or form; they are used as guidelines for you.

Please upload the stage somewhere that we can download it safely and the link won't expire.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Example

Starter Stage

Camping and stalling has been a large issue for Brawl for many players. While I personally don't find an issue with it, I understand how frustrating it is that a style of play has been almost entirely removed from the metagame due to the physics and stage sizes. Equity was created with aggression in mind; it's small size and moving platforms prevent anyone from stalling with projectiles for very long, and the platforms allow characters (especially those that would otherwise be edgeguarded easily) another chance to return. This will create multiple encounters in a very short time frame with an emphasis on approaching and edgeguarding.

This stage is expected to be good for faster characters, characters with excellent mobility, and those who are traditionally held back only by their recovery.

Interesting tidbits about Equity:

The moving platforms can be used to auto-cancel multiple attacks and can be used as a springboard for edgeguarding far off horizontally! Use 'em!

Characters that can wall cling can do so here and wait for the moving platform to increase their chances of recovering.

Videos of gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSTepwghv7E&feature=related

Download Link

http://www.2shared.com/file/8151465/823eb125/CircuitStages.html

The above is an example of what you could count as a submission. (The video is from 2008; try to make yours a bit more recent if possible!)

Crow!

Smash Lord
EDIT: Stage removed. Missed the "no hacked stages" rule. Stage added to The Official Create a Stage thread.

Also, I've updated the images (and the spawn points) with the Stage Studio program. It's really slick!

---------------------

Lesser Stairway: Starter(?) Stage

This stage is deliberately asymmetric to encourage players to fight over being on the safer side of the stage. The right ledge is not grabbable and is close to both the vertical and the horizontal blast zones.

I'm slightly worried about the long wall on the right enabling stalling; it could be made much shallower if it is an issue. Aside from that, the characters to benefit most here would be those which benefit from a sloped stage.

The stage's name obviously only makes sense if you've also played my Great Stairway stage... King Of The Valley might also work.

One more thing: I suspect this stage would be especially interesting for teams play.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/st_100308_2310(1).bin

VIDEO:
On hold for now, but there should be one eventually!

--------------------

Stimulated Emission: Counterpick Stage

I love this stage. It lets players choose their risk in various ways. The key to doing well here is to keep yourself positioned to tech off of the ceiling if your opponent uses his best attacks. Characters which have kill moves for every launch direction and those which have good juggling skills do well here.

My biggest concern is if deliberately bouncing on the spikes once you hit high percentages might be too good a way to force your opponent to take extra damage to have a shot at killing you - spikes' knockback is unfortunately set knockback.

The stage's name is a reference to how lasers work.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/st_100308_2310(2).bin

VIDEO:
On hold for now, but there should be one eventually!

--------------------

Trigonal Planar: Counterpick Stage

The name of the game here is juggling. Being on a higher level than your opponent sets you up for trouble, and on this stage any vertical hit will make that happen to you. Supposedly, this will help tilt the risk/reward ratio more in the reward direction.

On the other hand, if you can convince your opponent to fight on the same raised level you are on, all sorts of drop down >> double jump shenanigans not possible on other stages open up.

I added the slopes on the edges of the higher tiers in order to make traveling to them easier for less aerially mobile characters.

The stage's name is a reference to a particular chemical structure.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/st_100309_1828.bin

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Screw it. The stages won't be judged until much later, I'm going to post what little bit I can for each stage now, and then add vids/download links once I get them.

NOTE FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Crow! said:
Stages are in the following Zip file, and are numbered in the same order as they appear in Nidtendofreak's post. The stages have no preview images.

http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/NintendoFreakStages.zip

Name: Sky Scraper Peek
Type: Neutral
Music: O2 Battle (Kirby)

Video: N/A
Download: See quote.
Notes: This stage was slightly inspired by that Pokemon stage in SSB64. So slight, I can't even remember it's name! But I loved the idea of fighting on a rooftop, so hence Sky Scraper Peek. Big, main platform with lots of room to wall jump like Yoshi's Island, several smaller, atypical platforms represent a helicopter landing pad. And what is a good Sky Scraper without window washing platforms? In this case, they are the two moving platforms on either side of the building. You can clearly see both limits in the picture above. There are very few characters, if any, that would suffer at all from being taken to this stage. There is a little bit of everything here.

Name: Isolation
Type: Neutral
Music: Cavern (MGS)

Notes: For some very strange, strange reason, this background and block texture has always somehow reminded me of lower part of the map "Isolation" in Halo 3. Just the area where you're standing underground, facing the weird, mouth/pipe exit, with a passage way to either side of you. Maybe I'm just weird, but it works great for a stage inspiration! Simple in design, were most of the fighting will take place on the main level. Above is a small, most moving upper area. Projectile uses will be slightly hindered here, probably less then when at Lylat, but still a very neutral stage.

Name: Reactor Access
Type: CP
Music: Vs. Parasite Queen. (Metroid)

Notes: Obviously, heavily inspired by Frigate Orphean, but with a twist. I wanted a stage were people would want to land in spikes, at least occasionally in order to avoid death. I also wanted to use falling blocks, as I believe there is potential in those pieces. And thus, Reactor Access was born. While you can't tell in this picture, that is actually three different vertical moving platforms, not one. I will also add they aren't actually in sync, though it looks that way in the stage edit. When you actually load the page, they are slightly different in timing. Lets label them 1, 2, and 3 from left to right. As they rise upwards, 1 will reach there first. About a second later, 2 will reach there. A second after that, 1 will start to drop, but 3 will be parallel with 2. A second later, 2 will drop, and only 3 will be at the top. Repeat with both top and bottom of range.

This stage is admittedly a bit of a slap to the face of anyone who uses a tether to recover, but hey, it's a CP for a reason. Even if you miss the ledgeless side when recovering, you can land on the spikes, take your % damage, and pop back up on the stage using your second jump. With the falling blocks, you have the potential to force your opponent to make a desperate dive for the spikes if you grab him on one, and you have multiple jumps. I believe this stage will help most projectile uses, and those with good recoveries, while hindering those with bad recoveries.

Name: Ice Gully
Type: Light CP
Music: Golden Forest (1080 Degree Snowboarding/Nintendo)

Videos: N/A
Notes: This was the very first stage I made when finding out about this contest. One of the things I noticed in Brawl is that there are two surfaces that allow sliding: ramps and blocks. My question was: how far would you slide if the two were side by side. The answer: depending on the character and the move/landing lag, you can slide quite far. A fairly deep gully both hinders and helps projectile uses, depending on what type they have. I doubt Falco is going to enjoy this stage much for example, but I don't think Snake will mind. There are four, BF like platforms above the gully, which happen to be free of ice because having ice up there would cause a cave of life affect. :( However, the bottom is nice and slippery. You can easily use the ramps and ice combo to safely use aerial moves with a fair bit of landing lag, to boost the range of one of your attacks just that little bit extra, and to be safer on shield as you slide away. Of course, this will hinder anyone that relies on precise, ground based spacing. Moving CGs are also affected by this stage for obvious reasons.

Name: Free Fall
Type: Hard CP
Music: Planet Colors (F-Zero)

Notes: My baby of a stage. The one I love the most. Also, the only stage I managed to work in a feature piece from the piece lists! :D When I was busy staring at the "New" picture in stage creator, I had a sudden flash back to playing F-Zero GX. One stage, as you drive forwards, there are two giant fans in front of you, one to each side. I made the fans wheels, and went from there, making sure to use one of my favorite, non-rock F-Zero songs. What I have here is a heavily aerial based stage, with springs, moving platforms, and wheels. The wheels are actually perfectly in sync, rotating towards each other. The moving platforms are also in sync.

When I was tinkering around with other pieces, I found out that A) you can never grab the edge of a feature piece (turns out you can only grab block pieces by the edge), and that no matter where you hit a spring on the way down, you will fly up from the center. Added both of these ideas in: while the feature in the middle is solid ground, you can't grab it. You miss, you fall, plain and simple. Also, there are giant platforms moving up and down above the springs, which you can use to your advantage either going up or going down. For example, if you hit a spring right after your opponent does, it doesn't matter where you landed, you will be right behind them and likely able to land an Uair. Vise versa, it could be a trap so they can peg you with their Dair.

The upper area is there, but is intentionally broken up to encourage more aerial fighting. Characters with weak aerial games will frankly hate this stage. The EB boys will also dislike this stage, as there are a lot of stuff potentially in the way of their PKT2s (as a CPU Lucas humorously showed me when I ate his second jump and he fell just blow the wheel.)

Name: Playground
Music: Angel Island Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Notes: Inspired by Sonic, and the fact I wanted to use coverer belts. Springs like in Sonic, multileveled hill like in Sonic. Three moving platforms like...not in Sonic? 2/3 ain't bad I guess. Aerial based, but a large, if flat, ground based area to fight in as well. Vertical KOers will love the upper part, Horizontal KOers better have a good air game as well.

Name: Great White
Music: Boss Battle Song 1 (SSBB)

Notes: The name is a pun on what you can do a lot here: sharking. Somewhat inspired by Delfino by it's jump throughable, main platform. To accommodate for this idea, I added lots and lots of small springs. They don't push you high enough to reach the higher platforms. You also can't stall on them by jumping at the right time because the opponent can easily fall through the stage and smack you a good one across the face. Once again, three moving platforms, two of them are mainly another method to get to the spring area. This stage manages to focus heavily on both aerial and ground based combat at the same time. The battle can from air vs air, to ground vs ground in a matter of seconds.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
....They are all showing up on my computer except for the first one, which is quite stubborn.

I'll try again.

EDIT: Better?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Name: Carousel
Type: Counterpick
Music: Donkey Kong - King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2
Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/363507126/st_carousel_by_APC.bin.html

Notes:
  1. It is a big stage. The ceiling in the central part/main platform is higher than Final Destination's
  2. The moving platforms move anticlockwise. It is not a symmetric stage. Let say the opponent is MK who likes to air plank. If he planks in the right side of the stage, and you are in the middle of the stage, you can short hop to one moving platform, hold your shield, and you will be approaching (safely) your opponent. You can't do that if he's air planking on the left side
  3. The slopes are kind of large, they can help of hurt some of the chaingrabs in the game. Tether grabs just won't work there, the only one would be Olimar's, slopes give him a good advantage
  4. Blast zones are too small in both sides, little room for fighting off stage and gimping, almost walf-off edges
  5. Every character that kills with dthrow or uthrow has and advantage here. Let's say you grab your opponent in one of the moving platforms. Then, pummel a few times while the platform is raising, and then throw. This way you can get earlier kills than usual. Also, think about the ICs, just chaingrab in the same place, and use a charged usmash when you are on the top of the stage

Crow!

Smash Lord
Another submission, based on feedback from Trigonal Planar after a smash fest I held.

Perovskite: Counterpick Stage

Like its similarly named parent, the name of the game here is juggling. However, this stage attempts to encourage usage of the upper platforms more by removing the middle section of the lower platform. The slopes aren't my preferred solution, but they are a mostly nonintrusive way to prevent the sides of the hole from being grabbed.

While defensive characters may camp one of the lower platforms, this stage allows these platforms to be approached almost every possible angle. This may not be sufficient in certain specific matchups, but those matchups are probably terrible ones anyway.

The height of the centrally located hole allows for wall kick/cling enabled characters to make use of their abilities. Also, Falcon Kicking between the platforms is fun. Phantasm doesn't work as well.

This stage is also slightly smaller than the original, 10.66 Squirtles long at the lower section rather than 13.33, and using the smallest stage size rather than medium.

Download:
http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/st_100327_1453.bin

Video:
Once someone is kind enough to record and upload one...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Crow, I don't suppose you could make those stages I posted in this topic and upload them to the interwebs for downloading, could ya? :(

sunshade

Smash Ace
Neutral:

Name: Flatland
Size:Medium
Background: middle

Flatland is a stage based on an exercise done by boxers were a line is strung at about chest height and the boxers are supposed to duck under the line and throw an uppercut on the way up then duck under again and do the same on the other side alternating while moving forward. I thought about naming the stage "The line" but decided on "flatland" due to the stages extremely liner design.

Flatland's main platform has kill percents off the top equal to final destination, battlefield, smashville, and other neutrals. The top platform is roughly equal in height to the top platform of battlefield (it is slightly lower). The stage is meant to be played in a similar fashion to final destination however you now are able to approach from an upper level making camping less effective due to your ability to duck and weave in-between flours.

Now despite my description of bobbing and weaving this stage is very very similar to the other neutral stages most of all final destination. It plays just about the same so don't be surprised when those who play well on neutrals play well here, although I hope this stage will reduce campiness thanks to the additional approach options.

Video coming soon.

Name: Emotion
Size: Medium

Emotion was intended to be smashville with a platform going vertically instead of horizontally however the stage evolved over time into its new form. The slanted platforms look like eyes to me and when the platform is at the bottom of its path (note it is not supposed to go all the way down the pit) it forms a sad emotional face.

Emotion does not play quite the same as the other neutrals due to the moving platform sectioning off the two sides fairly well however it does not give major advantage in the majority of match ups from my experience. The stage has a very mild cave of life which can be abused by DI'ing down while inside the pit and teching off the slat/walls or by being hit againts the tilted platforms and teching off them. The height of the platforms has kill percents roughly equal to the top of battlefield and the ground level (bellow the platforms above the slants) has kill percents equal to the neutrals.

Characters who play well in the air will enjoy this stage and those who prefer to be grounded may find themselves forced out of their comfort zone. This stage does not have the same feel as other neutrals but it does not favor any character heavily from my experience.

Video coming soon.

name: Warioware 2.0
Size: medium
Background: Right

Oh the memories I have of warioware inc. Random hazards killing me, winning the mini game, and getting screwed over because my opponents got a star and I got a mega mushroom. This stage was created with the intention of playing in a similar way to warioware inc but still having enough differences to give the stage its own personal feel.

Warioware 2.0 ground level just like the other two neutrals has kill percents equal to FD, BF, SV, and the like. The platforms roughly mirror battlefield in terms of kill percents however they are placed differently than all other neutral stages. The moving middle platforms is intended to affect the gameplay in a similar way to smashville's platform however on a much smaller scale. The stage is a bit shorter than Flatland (in terms of length) but is roughly equal to final destination. To get a feel for the platforms imagine if the SV platform was cut in half and moved to the same height as the platform on BF with the platforms from PS1/2 being placed above the lower platforms of BF, and that is more or less warioware 2.0

Those who play well on smashville will enjoy this stage and those who enjoy battlefield will like this stage even more. The stage will favor those who do well on neutrals much the same as all other neutrals do. Sadly this stage does not really add any major gameplay changing aspect to it, it is just my attempt and bringing back what could have been with warioware inc.

Video coming soon.

name: Diplopia

This stage was actually inspired from a bit of massive sleep deprivation. I was playing a few friendlies at around 3am at a friends house and I actually started to have double vision from being so tired (I had not slept in a good 35+ hours). For those who dont know diplopia is the formal term for double vision and after suffering from diplopia on battlefield I was struck with the idea of creating this stage. After getting some sleep.

This stage has a similar feel to emotion due to the large moving central platform dividing the stage. The stage's ground level is equal to that of the other common neutrals, and the central platform at full height goes about a platform above battlefields' top platform and goes even with the regular neutral height at its lowest point. The double platforms allow for interesting nuances of play such as jumping to the lower or higher segment to adjust projectile trajectory and dropping through the higher segment to preform a quick aerial then landing in the relatively same spot.

Characters with quick aerials are able to use the double layered platforms to additional attacks to their land arsenal. Those who enjoy relatively flat areas and have a good air game will do well on this stage.

Video coming soon.

Counterpicks:

name: Foxhole Atheist
Background: right

They say there are no Atheists in foxholes. The general statement is that in times of great trauma such as war everyone will stop and turn to a higher power for hope and guidance. Foxhole Atheist however is instead to be a stage to protect characters from projectile camping and allow players to hide in the metaphorical trenches. Who needs god when you have a foxhole?

The foxholes of this stage are intended to be the key struggle points in this stage. They are excellent spots to camp and avoid camping. The platforms above the foxholes were added to allow plays to move around freely should a player inside one of the foxholes take to jumping out tossing a projectile than falling back into them. Players with the percent lead should defiantly make sure to use the foxholes to their advantage, and those with a stock lead but are at very high percentages should use the foxholes as places of refuge to tech off of should an attack hit you.

This stage is a bit strange, I have seen it favor many characters but I have yet to be able to find a general trend between who it helps and who it does not. The best I can tell you is that you should use the foxholes to your advantage they are the make or break feature of this stage.

Videos coming soon.

name: Ford's Pride

Ford revolutionized automobile production with the assembly line making it more efficient as well as faster to produce cars. This stage is a memento to Ford's creation as it attempts to emulate an assembly line in a factor. The stage is most similar to Frigate orpheon due to its asymmetrical design and yoshi's island (pipes) due to the incredibly close left blastzone.

The stage is purposely built far to the left side of the screen and high up. The kill percents of the base level is equal to standing on the first layer of platforms on battlefield. Killing of the left side is similar to killing off the left side of Yoshi's island pipes. The intention of this is to make the right side of the stage the go to area to force conflict. Players approaching from the left will find themselves at a disadvantage due to the blast zone being very close and the large conveyor belt turning against them. The stage should have a king of the hill type of gameplay to it where the right side is safer due to the right blastzone being very far away and the benefit of the right being a better area to camp. Chaingrabs can be performed against the conveyor belt on the left side but it is very hard to do since you must grab your opponent while you are both on the tiny square on the far left (about as practical as grabbing someone on the tiny room on onett).

Characters capable of controlling an area will love this stage due to the right side being not only safer but a fantastic place to camp people approaching from the left.

Video coming soon.

name: Turbulence
Size: Small

This stage would earn the title of "the line" much more so than flatland ever would. Turbulence is built to encourage sharking. The stage's spike pit at the bottom however is added to prevent players from simply staying inside the pit at all times and is also added to allow those who cannot normally shark to be able to shark and than should the miss the tiny platform not lose a stock like they would on delfino.

The stage is monstrously high up. The kill percents off the top are equal to that of standing on the top platform of battlefield and the side blastzones are very close as well. These early kill percents are intended to be compensated for by the the ability to drop down to a lower level and DI into the walls with the intention of teching. Just about every character is at a disadvantage when they have to approach from above an enemy, this stage encourages players to instead of forcing their opponent above them using knockback to gain this advantage, to instead drop down and shark it up.

Characters with multiple jumps and quick up-Bs with low ending lag will love this stage. Those who cannot deal with juggling and do not play well in the air in general may not enjoy this stage.

Video coming soon.

name: Brawlage Dropout
Background: Middle

The name of this stage is a terrible pun on the the phrase college dropout. The stage itself however is based around a choice players can make, stay on the top and risk being killed sooner or move down into the cave and fight the enemy there but risk grabacides, and other falling block related shenanigans.

This stage has four levels, falling block level (which is about a platform below battlefield), base level (equal to battlefield), lower platform level (same as Battlefield's first platform), and upper platform level (equal to you guessed it, the top of battlefield). This stages many feature is the falling block center which can be used for grabacides (grabbing someone letting the block drop until they cannot recover and letting them go then using your assumingly superior recovery to return and save yourself), as well as for dividing the battle field (intentionally setting off the falling block to force air approaches).

Characters with good recoveries and a good air game will love this stage. Those who strongly detest approaching from the air will not be completely out of luck however because the platform will return after a short amount of time allowing them to approach in the air and should they need to drop down be able to.

Video coming soon.

name: Zero Kelvin

Zero Kelvin also know as absolute zero is the temperature (correct me if I am wrong) all maters comes to a halt. This stages name has nothing special to it, its just the coldest temperature possible and the stage has ice.

This stage is intended to allow players to use the speed of fast falling on the inner slants to allow them to glide onto the ice. The ice however is segmented and is intended to affect the flow of battle but not completely change how the battle feels. The general feel of the battle is much more fluent from my own personal experience. Player are able to use the ice to slide forward and back during specific attacks to space/feel out the opponent. Most notably about the ice is the ability to slide forward or back while charging smash attacks and the ability of some characters to preform uncharged smash attacks while sliding.

The following can preform uncharged smash attacks without stopping their slide
:dk: :link: :pit: :bowser: :yoshi: :zelda: :metaknight: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :dedede::falco: :wolf: :pikachu2: :ivysaur: :ike: :ness: :lucas: :gw: :snake: :peach: :diddy: :toonlink: :rob:

The following cannot preform uncharged smash attacks without stopping their slide
:popo: :luigi2: :wario: :mario: :shiek: :ganondorf: :kirby: :olimar::fox: :falcon: :charizard: :squirtle: :lucario::marth: :jigglypuff: :sonic:

This stage is a tough call for who will play well and who wont. Ice is not part of brawl on any legal stages other than pokemon stadium 2 in which the entire section becomes covered with it but many people don't practice up on ice for just those 10ish seconds of ice. I cant really say for sure who will do well and who wont.

Video coming soon.

name: Retro Cannibal

Now this stage's name is by far the most misleading named stage of all the stages thus far. The stage is based around the central wheel which reminded me of the large ferris wheels seen at carnivals back in the day. The nostalgia encouraged me to name the stage retro carnival but when I first named the stage I forgot the "r" in "Carnival". The mistaken name "retro canival" sounded rather peculiar and made me decided to roll with the mistake and simply change the stage to "Retro Cannibal".

And now onto the actual stage. Moving platforms are a typical part of the average brawlers comfort zone however on no other stage do we have an arrangement of moving platforms which rotate in a circle. The Wheel part of custom stages is very large and I found that if it was placed above a platform it would become a prime area for air camping and stall tactics, so I had the wheel lowered into the stage so that it may function as the middle ground of the battle field instead of this massive intrusion. The wheel at the top of its rotation is on even ground with the rest of the base level and has in kill percentages equal to that of the typical neutrals. The four tiny platforms placed in an arc above the stage are intended to serve as another bit of abnormality due to the platforms being very small and scattered, there is also an even number of platforms unlike most other stages which often have an odd number. The lower level of platforms has kill percents equal to that of battlefield's lower platform and the upper level has the same as battlefield's upper level. The platforms are very small and to maneuver around them requires small, quick, jumps. Focusing your gameplay on the four small platforms and the central wheel will allow you to experience a very smooth flow as you glide from each location to the next.

This stage will have a distinct feeling to its combat due to the eight platforms all being very small compared to all other stages and them being placed in a fashion not often seen in other stages. Air combat will be the key to victory on this stage and those with fast aerial movement and an adaptive air game will prosper on this stage. But please don't eat your opponent after you win.

Video coming soon.

name: Legal Alien

This stage started out as four large blocks, nothing else. The idea was to keep it simple, but that slowly morphed as I added in falling blocks to remove wall infinites. After adding in falling blocks to make the wall acceptable I decided to try and push as many typically banned game elements into the stage as possible. The result is a flat stage with a wall which infinites cannot be preformed on, a solid central piece which you cannot circle stall with, a temporarily removable cave of life, and extremely close blast zones.

This stage has many of the typically banned features as I said but none of them play the way they typically do. The wall cannot have infinites preformed on it for more than 2 seconds but provides as an area to bounce your opponent off of. The falling blocks allow players to tech off of and combo with. The hope is that the minor cave of life will be countered by the ability to rack damage faster, remove the cave of life, and the extremely low blast zones causing kills to come sooner.

There are no stages with similar mixes of survival based stage features, and combo/damage oriented features so it is hard to say who will do well. I will say that those who can force others into a specific area will do well due to them being able to maneuver their foe into areas for either damage racking or killing.

Video coming soon.

sunshade

Smash Ace
I added another stage to my submission. It is another counterpick and I have to say I quite enjoy the feel of the stage.

I now have submitted almost half the stages to this contest maybe I should cut back a bit >.>

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Dang it sunshade I had the idea of a WarioWare Ver 2.0 too!! Aw well your's looks pretty nice. The only thing is that I prefer the platforms to be 1 1/2 blocks higher than the ground because characters like Bowser and Ganondorf's bodies kind of stick out of the platforms when standing.

Edit: Added my contribution to the contest :bee:

Neutral/Starter:

Name: Ironfield
Background: 3rd one to the far right/Metal Background

Info:
The vertical kill zone is similar to that of Final Destination, Battlefield (Main Floor) and Smashville. This stage has an asymmetrical look to it as far the the features on top of the main floor of the stage goes. The stage itself however, is symmetrical from 6 blocks down and under. From left to right, the spawn points are; P1, P3, P2, P4.

The stage has a a little triangular dune which, I think, really changes the way things are played. When you fast fall an aerial attack on the slopes of the dune, depending on fall speed and how you DI, you do a slide. During the slide animation, if you're not stuck in the aerial lag an attack gives you (i.e. Ganondorf’s Land Canceled D-Air) you can perform various attacks as if you were merely standing. This is very reminiscent of wave-dashing in Melee. Also, the dune can act as a "barrier" against characters who use linear(ish) projectiles such as Falco, Fox, Mario, Ice Climbers, Pit, and Samus.

It's good to note that, with the stage's small looking scale, it will create more close combat fighting and reduce camping. Although, you could potential force an approach if you camp at the right side of the dune. The platforms can be used for Sharking and alternate approaches.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qyyed1whd12go5g

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuYliFAbow8

Thanks for looking.:bee:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Edit, thanks sunshade

did not notice this separate thread

I believe I have finished the hyrule map.. I do not have a video of me or someone else playing on it since I do not have a good enough recorder. So instead, I made it on the stage bulider and took a Print screen

Specs used:
1. Night time, to prevent olimar pikmin changes
2. Large size

Noticeable changes compared to original n64 hyrule
1. No tornadoes (of course)
2. Slightly smaller
3. Hill based areas by each wall to prevent down throw infinities
4. edited spawn areas.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Korobe, you might want to change those rounded hills on the sides of your main platform. You're only allowed to submit stages that can be made using the normal brawl stage creator.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Korobe, you might want to change those rounded hills on the sides of your main platform. You're only allowed to submit stages that can be made using the normal brawl stage creator.
If I am not mistaken those can be used in a normal brawl.

The settings for the stage creator were set so I could not do anything that could not be done in a normal brawl.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
OK, so sunshade told me that wall infinites are NOT banned but stages with permanent walls (like corneria) ARE banned, so if a stage has a temporary wall it's legal and most likely a counterpick. (like Pokemon Stadium and Frigate Orpheon)

SO!!!!!! if I want to do a remake of a stage like fourside for example, I'll have to do something about those walls or the stage won't even be considered to compete in this contest, correct?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The rules are pretty clearly stated. I don't think I've banned any certain stage design. Some may inherently be bad choices... but none are banned.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
Some of my favorites so far are Legal Alien, Perovskite, and Free Fall, though I think Free Fall could stand to be simplified a little. Anyway, they would have my vote... if we were voting, that is :)

Luxor

Smash Champion
Counterpicks:

Name: Ditch
Background: "Dungeon"
Download

The name says it all. A few facts:

-Falco/D3 can chaingrab going up but not down
-Landing an aerial on the slopes gives you that "wavedash" effect
-Snake's grenades can "stick" on the slopes, as well as Falco's lasers IIRC
-Ceiling height is comparable to existing neutrals

There is more to this stage than meets the eye, however. The stage's edges are very close to the side blastzones, meaning that there is very little space there. This buffs characters with poor recoveries (if they do end up offstage, they can often jump back, so they aren't easily punished) but nerfs characters with good edgeguarding techniques (obviously, if the foe isn't offstage for long, you can't keep them there very well).

The sides of the stage go down to help characters with walljumps recover, as well as make MK's scrooging slightly less effective.

One of my favorite aspects of this stage is how it promotes techchasing. Almost every character has a Dthrow, Bthrow, or Fthrow that is perfect for sending the opponent flying into a slope. This stage really forces you to think before you act.

Another interesting tech-related feature is how this stage affects DI. Vertical kill moves are unaffected, but horizontal kill moves can be DI'ed up the usual way, for overall better survival, or down to tech into the slopes. Some characters can really abuse this to live pretty long (Lucario?). This style of DI can be highly rewarding for players with good tech skill.

Theorycraft alert:

Characters who should do well here: :lucario: :falco: :snake: :dedede: :popo: ¿:diddy:?
Characters who should do poorly here: :wario: :metaknight: (relatively)

Videos coming soon probably never.

EDIT: 2 more stages just because! They're both variations on the above.

Name: Hill
Background: "Metal"
Download

Pretty much like Ditch, but flipped. While Ditch is pretty open and has the middle as a stronger stage position, here you want to stay near the sides. That's right, camp your heart out. You can't really DI down and tech the slopes here unless you end up in some weird situation.

These facts are still true.
-Falco/D3 can chaingrab going up but not down
-Landing an aerial on the slopes gives you that "wavedash" effect
-Snake's grenades can "stick" on the slopes, as well as Falco's lasers IIRC
-Ceiling height is comparable to existing neutrals

Characters who should do well here: :snake:, :snake:, SNAAAAKE :marth:? ¿:diddy:?
Characters who should do poorly here: :wario: again

Name: Gimmick
Background: "Dungeon"
Download

Definitely the least serious of my stages. Who really benefits here? Why not flat? Who really cares?

Characters Players who should do well here: Those with stage knowledge :) and probably Snake again
Fools who should do poorly here: Ignorant barbarians

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Zyko’s Custom stages submissions:

1. Starter:
Name: Dream Land 64
Background: Dark cave
Music: Kirby/Gourmet Race
Description: We’ve always had this stage since the beginning of the smash series why not now?
It’s the closest you can get to the original stage, the difference is that we don’t have wispy the blow tree (giggitty) and that one border is a block larger than the other; But don’t worry you have plenty of space to recover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sed9A1sPORE

2. Starter:
Name: Tabuu’s Lair
Background: Dark cave
Music: SSBB/Boss Battle 2
Description: Inspired by the “stairway-to-Tabbu” clips from the subspace emissary.
Here we have a multiplatform stage that gives more chances to most characters to escape Snake’s and Diddy’s projectile-stage-controlling-spam (that has been abused in every other starter stage). The vertical moving platforms on the left side of the screen move up and down in harmony like some ghost escalator giving it the creepy and intimidating look I was looking for. Snake can hide his C4 and land mines on both step ramps at the bottom for some top secret reason. The platforms are well distributed all over the stage making it pretty accessible to any character. They also help give more recovery options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOVAdZIzJyc

3. Counterpick:
Name: Wii Console
Size: Large
Background: Metallic
Music: Nintendo/wii sports
Description: Yes, a wii stage… yay!
Here we have a huge stage divided in three sections. On the left corner we have 4 platforms in circular motion, let’s call it the game disc. On the middle we have the wii ramp and the top flat platform let’s call it the sensor bar which is comfortable but close to the ceiling. At the top right we have a side motion platform (SD card) used to recover or to drop projectiles to the vertical 4-blocked platform (let’s call it the wiimote) And finally a bottom large platform that comes in and out(Memory card), might save you, or leave you hanging, enjoy. The stage is pretty campy, that’s why I made it a CP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2calfK2HhQ

4. Counterpick:
Name: Princess Peach Castle 64
Music: Super Mario Bros. 64
Description: FINALLY AN EDGELESS COUNTERPICK! And a classic.
Pretty much like the original PPC64 except for the bumper replaced by medium sized spikes, they always give you 15%DMG and have same knock back. The middle platform slowly gets lower from left to right (OMG LIKE 64!!!!) and the moving platforms shows up and then hide. The left ramp is set up to stage spike. This is bad for edge stallers like myself T_T and for DK, Bowser, Ivysaur, ZSS and Olimar’s recovery. Oh and Kirby has this “earthquake glitch” when he down+B’s at the edge to the right and the left triangle-ramp, the way around it is to wait him to pop out of his down+b and punish him. Characters with good recoveries kick as$ here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMms6m9PxQ8
ATTENTION: Peach Castle 64 is missing the medium-sized-side-motion-platform that's supposed to show and hide beneath the bottom left part of the stage! Here's the fixed stage link!http://www.mediafire.com/?ndjlojyd54w
5. Counterpick:
Name: Bowser Castle
Music: Super Mario Bros.3 airship fortress
Description: The favorite tracks from Mariokart… Hardest maps in super Mario… mainly recognized for it’s evil hazards… NOTHING’S MORE BOOBYTRAPPED THAN THIS MOTHERPLUMBER!
Ok, let’s begin with the falling blocks, when they shake for 2-3 seconds before they start to fall and you jump from it, your jump height will increase by a 50% and when they start falling your jump will be half it’s normal height. The stage is completely asimetric (finally!). Both trotting machines will drag you to your doom, the stage will literally spike you, so get ready to tech and recover. Every character can pass through the bottom spike cave without getting hit, except for Snake and Ganon (try to use that against them) We got a tri platform stage w/spikes at the top, which is the least menacing part. And two moving platforms that appear and disappear, snake can also hide his C4’s and land mines on the step ramps. Be an opportunist here, gimp and beware.*evil Bowserlaugh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYR_XR9qdJg

6. Starter
Name: Underworld
Song: Kid Icarus/Underworld
Background: Cave
This is a remake of Sky world. (what it should have been)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEBQXeU5IKk

SPECIAL THANKS TO LUXOR! FOR UPLOADING THE PICS AND DOWNLOAD LINK!
And my cuz Gamemaniac who helped me out w/the vids.

Here's the download link for all the stages (LOVE YOU LUXOR!;))
http://www.mediafire.com/?otfjaozjmwj
^Download link for a .zip of all 6 stages.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
-------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Videos have been uploaded!
-------------------------------------------------​

I'm putting this here to place all my stages in one place.
Neutral/Starter:

Name: Ironfield
Background: 3rd one to the far right/Metal Background

Info:
The vertical kill zone is similar to that of Final Destination, Battlefield (Main Floor) and Smashville. This stage has an asymmetrical look to it as far the the features on top of the main floor of the stage goes. The stage itself however, is symmetrical from 6 blocks down and under. From left to right, the spawn points are; P1, P3, P2, P4.

The stage has a a little triangular dune which, I think, really changes the way things are played. When you fast fall an aerial attack on the slopes of the dune, depending on fall speed and how you DI, you do a slide. During the slide animation, if you're not stuck in the aerial lag an attack gives you (i.e. Ganondorf’s Land Canceled D-Air) you can perform various attacks as if you were merely standing. This is very reminiscent of wave-dashing in Melee. Also, the dune can act as a "barrier" against characters who use linear(ish) projectiles such as Falco, Fox, Mario, Ice Climbers, Pit, and Samus.

It's good to note that, with the stage's small looking scale, it will create more close combat fighting and reduce camping. Although, you could potential force an approach if you camp at the right side of the dune. The platforms can be used for Sharking and alternate approaches.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qyyed1whd12go5g

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuYliFAbow8
Neutral/Starter:
Name: Trapeaze
Background: The Middle/Cave Background

Info
The vertical KO blastzones are similar to that of most of the current Starters. It has 3 platforms; one large horizontal platform in the middle and 2 small horizontal platforms on the sides that stretch just past the stages ledge. The most notable feature of this stage includes two towering ladders. I haven't seen any stage incorporate ladders in a match except one transformation in Pictochat. Which is where my idea kind of sparked from. I feel that adding ladders to a stage can evolve the metagame. At least, the way it is played on this stage. This stage gets some getting used to because if you are close to the ladder and try to do an U-Air or D-Air with the C-Stick you latch on to the ladder instead, which can disrupt you're combo/strings. Although, it is possible to perform those aerials without latching on to the ladder. Also this can open up some new mindgames. Another thing to note is that when a recovery move (usually Up-B) is used you usually go into a freefall helpless state. With a ladder present you can grab onto the ladder before going into helpless state. So characters that don't recover high CAN recover high here as long as they latch on the ladder to avoid being in the helpless state. This can open up new offensive/recovery options.

This stage looks like it can be a love it or hate it type of stage. Depending on how you play around with the ladders.

Misc: The stage is a play on the word Trapeze and Eaze. As in eaze of flow.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?50bvpybm74lal19

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFtkbBdGpY

Counter-Pick:
Name: Icy Peak
Background: 1st one on the left/Sky

Info:
The elevated solid ground has a vertical KO blastzone of Final Destination and Smashville. While the outermost edges has a you would obviously live longer vs. a vertical KO move. This stage has 4 platforms; 2 on each side resembling steps. Note that the outer most platforms reach outward past the stage ledge. Main features include ICE and a HOLE in the middle but it is covered by a vertical moving platform that goes 2 blocks up and 2 blocks down perpendicular to the top of the ice block's edge. The moving platform goes no higher than the highest stationary platform. Keep in mind that when the moving platform goes to it's lowest point it creates a wall that (if you are reckless enough to get caught) promotes wall infinites but as soon as the platform raises above ground the infinite is diminished. Also, it seems that wall jumpers can make some good use of thier wall jumps using the walls in the recoveries or even maybe for some offensive maneuvers. The slants on the side of the stage can promote fast falled aerials that gain high horizontal distance upon landing. Although, you stop at the ledge of he stage.

Edit: I changed this one to be a Counter-Pick instead. Seeing as how characters that like flat stages (I.E. Falco, Diddy,), aren't catered to here, this stage seemed to qualify as a Counter-Pick.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6q4o5cin682gg75

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3DYZQw7jLQ

Counter-Pick:
Name: Pincushin
Background: 3rd one on the right/Metal

Info
Will add soon

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h1ei2sr4z2uyh2i

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCmPOgmwCvg

Starter/Neutral:
Name: Battlefront
Background: 2rd one in the middle/Cave

Info
At first glance you can see that this stage has quite a number of platforms; 7 to be exact. The middle 3 are very reminiscent of that of Battlefield's. The outer platforms open up a quite few recovery options. The outer bottom platforms can create interesting situations in gimping/anti-gimping/recovery and possible against those who try to plank. As far as vertical blastzones are concerned the linear bottom-est part of the stage is the same as the current starters but if you are launched from the middle, lowest part of the stage, you will obviously live longer (vs. vertical knockback).

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m9dpa3de51uvxxo

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQAqmW1k8uA

Starter/Neutral:
Name: Frozen Fountain
Background: 3rd one the right/Metal

Info
In my opinion, this is a pretty fine stage. It's simple yet looks different. The platforms look like an upside down version of Norfair. The platforms open up recovery option as well as battle strategies such as sharking. Also the little hill in the middle gives a little barrier to any character on the other side who likes to force an approach with their linear projectiles such as, Ice Climbers, Falco or Samus. Fast falling on the slops causes you to slide across the stage (depending on your DI and character's grip). This stage has an ice block in the middle. It's not a big part of the stage so it really won't interfere but given the opportunity, what can you think of to do with it?

Now, for blast-zones. this stage is a bit low. Not very low but a bit lower than your current starters. To give you an idea, if you stand on the ice block in the middle you are standing at an equivalent height to that of the current starters. Any lower than that and you obviously live longer vs. vertical knock-back

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6gji581unp828d5

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhzsdY2ThBo

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
Ok, my entries are made! Videos coming soon; I formally ask anyone to make them for me. Thank you.

Chain Busters.
Size; Small
Music; Boss Battle Song1
Going for; Neutral
Notes:
This here is my attempt at a neutral stage that keeps chaingrabbing at bay, hence the title.
It's small, close to the ledges, and uses a gap to keep the chains from crossing the stage. A conveyor belt was placed inside in order to stop wall infinites. The name, of course, is a play on GhostBusters.
Download;
http://www.mediafire.com/?mb6jev8rdeddsbn

Size; Medium
Music; Fire Emblem Battle (Melee)
Going for; Neutral
Notes:
If you look closely, you may notice that this stage is based off the top-left corner of Hyrule Temple! This segment has been made for those who wish for a starter that isn't flat. Use of lasers if discouraged here. The name is derived from Fire Emblem (music) and Zelda (stage).
Download; http://www.mediafire.com/?otznbkhodgltzlf

Equalizer Arena.
Size; Medium
Music; Fountain of Dreams
Going for; Counterpick
Notes;
This one's a bit more ambitious than the others. It attempts to discourage use of projectile spam, chain grabs, Flying under the stage, and gimps! The spikes prevent long chain grabs, as does my earlier stage. The plentiful uneven platforms allow you to make it across the stage without getting caught in the crosshairs of opponents (sans Pit, but what could I really do there?). Finally, the drop blocks at the sides give hope to those with poor recovery or are victimized by a gimper.
The boundaries are close in this stage so don't let the damage build up!
Download;
http://www.mediafire.com/?361r0qmb0ajws74

Techno-Air Dome
Size; small
Music; Corneria
Going for; Neutral all the way!
Notes;
I have made what I am confident will make for a small neutral stage.
You won't be stalling for long on this stage, so give it your all and be agressive!
Basicly, it's a smaller BattleField with a bump on it. :cool:
Download; http://www.mediafire.com/?cbw9qg658y2dcfb

Traverser Ship
size; medium
music; Theme of Samus Aran
going for; Counterpick
Notes;
This here is a spaceship level that is mostly ledgeless. The two pillars at the bottom are the only places to grab onto here, so being able to get back into the ship from there is important.
Download;
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/3eeb90d22d1c03f816c3f44d722bf4c5fa96ebb59e8e190f10ebe52312ebfed44g.jpg

Opera House
size; medium
music; Fire Emblem Theme
going for; Counterpick
Notes;
Inspired by Final Fantasy VI, the Opera House features a layout unique to Brawl's stage roster.
One feature of angled platforms is that the medium or large versions can reach ladders; instead of falling off them when you reach the top, here you will step onto the platforms above them!
Just hope that Ultros doesn't join the brawl when you play on this stage. Wait, maybe we should...
Download;
http://www.mediafire.com/?cynnc4zcbu89e6c

If one of my stages wins, I forfeit the tournament ticket since I simply couldn't attend. I'd just like seeing my stages used.

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Tower of Salvation
Type: Counterpick
Music: Nintendo - Battle Theme/Final Boss (Golden Sun)
Background Info: Based on the area in "Tales of Symphonia" that goes by the same name, this stage isn't exactly what I wanted due to the limitations of the brawl stage builder. I do, however, feel that my efforts have still turned out a great stage.
Gameplay Info: This is a wide, walled stage, only slightly lower than the middle. While primarily flat, the stage is sloped in the middle to allow vertical attacks to reach over the walls and it also has steps up to the walls to prevent infinites. All these slopes mean there is little space on the stage for chain grabbing. They also prevent a lot of characters from projectile spamming effectively.
The walled off nature of the stage makes low percentage KOs nigh impossible unless the players actively choose to fight ontop of the wall, which is a difficult place to defend due to the ice. Even when blocking, attacks here will cause you to slip. Unfortunately for some characters, the walls cannot be ledge grabbed. While hard on the likes of Olimar in particular, this was a conscious decision I made to prevent the ledge camping that I found kept leading to really cheap wins.
Because of the difficulty this stage gives to low damage KOs, high percentages are a lot more common, leading to a more significant air game than would be expected from such a flat stage.
The drop blocks were added in to allow characters with little vertical recovery (Yoshi is a good example) a second chance to get back on the stage, though usually players will be hit over the walls and so not need to recover vertically. Yes, you can sit on them to make them fall but that's usually quite easy to punish. All of this leads to a very significant edge guarding game.
Finally, the background is "Metallic" to try and lessen Olimar's disadvantage on this stage.
Types That Benefit: Fast characters do well on the flat, as do those who benefit from close combat. Edge guarding ability and a good variety of recovery is also a must.
Specifics: Sonic, Luigi
Types That Suffer: Slow characters, those without wall jumps and those that lack decent KOing moves.
Specifics: Olimar, Jigglypuff

Video Link

Download Link

davetheboy

Smash Rookie
Name: 125M
Game: Donkey kong
Music: 25M
Image:

Download
Gameplay Info: the stages is kinda tufter to throw out in the center but every were else you can have a great brawl match. the arrow boxes are like the parts of the stage that disappear when Mario stands on them this stage was made on the brawl stage studio
Reference:

Name:25M
Game:Donkey Kong
Music:25M

Download
Gameplay: this stage a little easier to attack around to replace the barrel of lame that always wait for donkey at the bottom i made it a spike pit
Reference:

Name:50M
Game:Donkey Kong
Music:25M

Download
Gameplay: this stage a little easier to attack around to replace the barrel of lame that always wait for donkey at the bottom i made it a spike pit
Reference:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
All those stages look very susceptible to circle camping I have to say.

Plus the fighting would just be very awkward in general.

Top Bottom