• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well, this is Shadow Mario's new texture in-game:

Looks pretty good, in my opinion. And Mario blasting Shadow Mario into a pole isn't too shabby, either. :laugh:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k so i tried out popo's hammer

dont look at the lolbrush head. I did it in like 5 minutes just to ask you guys a question. theres not much to work with for the handle, would it bother you if it looked like that? should i continue looking for something else so i can make the handle round and have the center piece more acurate?

n64billy

Smash Ace

dont look at the lolbrush head. I did it in like 5 minutes just to ask you guys a question. theres not much to work with for the handle, would it bother you if it looked like that? should i continue looking for something else so i can make the handle round and have the center piece more acurate?
If you could easily texture that and tweak the shape to make the bristles of the brush, then it's pretty much perfect. I don't think that the detail for the professors face is needed really...

EDIT: InTrepid, the texture for Shadow Mario looks great! HOWEVER, if you put the animation technique of mine over it, his pants/cap/gloves that you can see underneath will move around and look weird.... If you could get that same texture, but pure 'watery' effect, no original texture underneath it, then that would work better.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
That's your new avatar?
Yeah. :laugh:

Ooh, that's perfect! just two things:

-Could you move the brush head down onto the handle?
-If the center piece isn't possible, would it be possible to just put in two spikes on both sides of the handle? If not, I guess it'd be possible to 'attach' a 2D object to it, right?

EDIT: InTrepid, the texture for Shadow Mario looks great! HOWEVER, if you put the animation technique of mine over it, his pants/cap/gloves that you can see underneath will move around and look weird.... If you could get that same texture, but pure 'watery' effect, no original texture underneath it, then that would work better.
Just the water effect? Here:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
umm i tried ikes sword, again dont mind the head of it. would you guys prefer this one?

I think ikes sword would work better, just because it has more vertex pints, and its a mdl0 by itself.

Ikes sword is like 10x harder to work with than popo's hammer, it will produce a better finished product. but it will take awhile to complete o.e

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
umm since BJ cant open his mouth.

He wont be able to do any sonicscreaming, biting, or fiyah ;-;

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
If we could use his High-poly model instead we could move his mouth, right? If only we had a model builder.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yeah when the model rebuilder comes out, i can start on klonoa again! but then I'd neglect bowserjr. ;-;

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
When I said about using Ike's Sword, I was thinking the tip of the blade could be the head rather than the hilt. Did that not work out or something?

Also, could the the bones not be moved to changed where the brush is held?

Here is what I was thinking.

Eliminate the hilt, then Vertex hack the blade into a wood shaft and then increase the size of the blade tip into a brush head.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That Shadow Mario looks amazing! So, how does Shadow Mario work, does he use the same model as normal Mario placed over Sheik? EDIT: OK, it is.

I look forward to videos. :)

Fen__

Smash Ace
I think the Brush looks wonderful so far. Are you going to try to make the nozzle-ish thing at the end (that the bristles come out of) or no?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k so i didnt realise trophies were editable ! basball bat paintbrush here i come.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
If you need Bowser Jr. songs/Shadow Mario songs or Victory themes, I'd be happy to help :laugh: I don't believe anyone's made Shadow Mario's theme from Sunshine...

This is definitely my favorite PSA hack so far, by the way

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k the homerunbat isnt as straight foward as i thought, and it has a bunch of hollow polygons o.e

capsul paintbrush here i come!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
If you need Bowser Jr. songs/Shadow Mario songs or Victory themes, I'd be happy to help :laugh: I don't believe anyone's made Shadow Mario's theme from Sunshine...

This is definitely my favorite PSA hack so far, by the way
I've already got a couple of BSRTMs to go with his stage, and victory themes wouldn't work well seing as how he's over a main series. :-/

THAT. BRUSH. IS. EPIC.

If you want to try editing the capsule, go for it, but I'd love a head-fixed version of Ike's sword! Please, please please, PLEASE send me the model now!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I've already got a couple of BSRTMs to go with his stage, and victory themes wouldn't work well seing as how he's over a main series. :-/

THAT. BRUSH. IS. EPIC.

If you want to try editing the capsule, go for it, but I'd love a head-fixed version of Ike's sword! Please, please please, PLEASE send me the model now!

but the capsul ill turn out so much better! just you wait :D

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I just learned to vertex hack, but I guess StarWaffle's doing that.
Awesome brushes, by the way.

But making a brush out of a capsule sounds hard-ish.

I vertex'd Luigi's hat on C. Falcon.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

behold the lolbrush3 yeah i think we are gonna go with the capsul. Its a bit out of proporetion but i'll fix it.

ITs so nice to work with 1 solid polygon. I'll add the bristles now.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace

behold the lolbrush3 yeah i think we are gonna go with the capsul. Its a bit out of proporetion but i'll fix it.

Uh..

Sorry to say, but I like the Ike one MUCH better, unless you can add the emblem, bristles, etc. to this one.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
*lolbrush 3*

Hm...isn't the tip pointy, not flat?

Oh! And are you doing Tails' body, too? If not, I guess I will.

Give me this^^

I need to make Captain Mr. L now.
Actually, I have my own texture plans.

I shall call it...MR.WEEGEE.
And he shall be a work of art.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
the capsul brush will allow us to add an emblem.

edit: thats not the tip, thats the nozzle part thingy that hold the brush, i made it way too big but i'm changing it now, i still have the capsul top thing polygon to make the brush bristle out of.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
well the bas is very stretech but thats all 1 color, the top part should be easy

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I posted on the last page...what happened to my post?

Also, "holy crap" at the Capbrush! XD Now if only you could make it go into a fine pointed tip!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
*cough* Ike's sword hack *cough* is better *cough cough*

Unless you can fix the head. Could you try putting the top of the centerpiece down so the texture looks not half-stretched?

Great work, though!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
yes, yes. It will have a pointed tip, that is NOT the brush head, its the base nozzle thing o.o

Top Bottom