• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Trillest

Smash Ace
Speaking of sexy, anyone else got Heart Gold/Soul Silver?

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdUbP6G1g2E&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdUbP6G1g2E&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
So if we keep quoting this good things will happen ?

Alzi

Smash Master
Mic can you do this on every page from now on of the perth smash thread?

Since i am going to do a marathon of reading this whole thread one day k so i would need some entertainment.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Speaking of sexy, anyone else got Heart Gold/Soul Silver?
Yeah I do, loving the game, up to 3rd Gym atm.
QFT :D

I've had it since october XD Did you pirate it? I remember when I downloaded the japanese version there was anti-piracy in it, tried loads of patches and none worked 100%. I imagine the english version has the same problem. Since I'm a pokefan I bought the actual game :)
Yeah it's got anti piracy, I mean it's pretty annoying. After 24 actions (battle, enter a house) it freezes so Im constantly saving and reloading.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
QFT :D

I've had it since october XD Did you pirate it? I remember when I downloaded the japanese version there was anti-piracy in it, tried loads of patches and none worked 100%. I imagine the english version has the same problem. Since I'm a pokefan I bought the actual game :)
I totally bought it fo reals 100% legit version here*

However when it comes out here I want to buy it (pokewalker ftw) but I don't want to have to restart. I can stick my save file into the real cart, but I'd have to buy some usb thing online somewhere. :c

Alzi

Smash Master
4 years for me now.

If i was still playing and into it's competitive play i would of been the best pokemon trainer in our scene.

MTGod

Smash Champion
So today I was talking to some guys at work, turns out a couple of them may come down to the next tournament (a Snake/Pikachu/Sonic player, and an Ike player)... I assume they are both pretty crap, but hopefully they'll get hooked on competition play :D Gave them the links to here, so chances are they should be reading this right now :D (and thus find out my gamertag :Ohnoes)

Regarding tournament, I'm going to enquire about hiring a room at Curtin Uni for a tournament... If it works out cheap enough, we may be able to hire it for a little longer than previous (like til 8pm or so) and get time in for extra stuff at the end (M-m-munchkin :D??? Or if we still have TVs by then, more friendlies, or these mysterious "crew battles" that I've never actually witnessed XD)... If the room at Curtin doesn't work, I'll search around for another hall-type venue that's near the city, and if THAT fails I should have enough room in my house for about 6 or 7 setups... If it happens to be at my place we're just gonna have to make sure people who aren't playing a match stand outside to avoid it getting stuffy :D

Date-wise, I was thinking either the 28th March or the 4th April, but I think 4th April is actually Easter, so I'm leaning to the 28th (apparently people celebrate Easter these days???)... Feedback on these two dates would be much appreciated ^^ Also, Trav/Alister/Jason/Anyone else that's held an actual tournament, if you could offer any advice regarding tournament organising that'd be great (it seems pretty straightforward but if there's anything that DOESN'T seem obvious then please let me know :p)

With that, it's quotin' time ^^

Jesse looks different in that photo for some reason lol.
I was drunk ^^

Well i was way to sexy that when they took that photo i had to be out of the building otherwise the camera would of exploded.
Or it could've been you leaving subtly at the very mention of "group photo", if I remember correctly xD

BTW Alzi, now that you've sat at the commentary booth, next tournament you need to improve your commentation skills... Pete has proved to us all that we need to have back up commentators, so everyone needs their basic training ^^

Mic can you do this on every page from now on of the perth smash thread?
Please don't - it's messing with music I like ^^

havent played pokemon for over 5 years.
So you've been Celebi for over 5 years :p???

(Prays that's not too obscure...)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah it's not too hard, a lot of people helped me out when I was organising

but...

1. Book Venue early (if you're booking it)
2. Nag for setups
3. Make full use of tio, I've seen that Trav doesn't use the 'setups in use feature' as well as the money organisation feature which can be quite handy
4. ???
5. Profit

I actually think I'm away in Japan 4th April, I leave on Good Friday. So 28th for me :)

Technodeath

Smash Champion
a Snake/Pikachu/Sonic player
What is this, tell him to play Pikachu. everyone will want him to.

I was thinking either the 28th March
i'm going to do my best to come down to this, it will all depend on how much cash i've got. i also dont know whether i should drive or take the bus. because if i drive.. I DONT KNOW WHERE THE **** IM GOING.

So you've been Celebi for over 5 years :p???

(Prays that's not too obscure...)
i'm probably slightly ******** here, so i dont honestly get it. i know Celebi is a pokemon but i'm not sure what it means?

/durp

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Urgh Pikachu_ I'm honestly surprised no-one in our scene has picked him up yet considering how bad (good) he is_ Same with Olimar, i'm surprised no-one picked him up after i let him go or did i really make you all hate him that much ;)

28th for me Jesse_

Trillest

Smash Ace
Urgh Pikachu_ I'm honestly surprised no-one in our scene has picked him up yet considering how bad (good) he is_ Same with Olimar, i'm surprised no-one picked him up after i let him go or did i really make you all hate him that much ;)

28th for me Jesse_
um pete did and most ppl like the ability to recover

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
i thought it was meant to mean celibate...as in not having sex......:dizzy: lol

Vlade

Social Outcast
No problem Mic :)

Anyone else that wants to do the same feel free to. I'll do my best to find what you want though I can't guarantee 100%. I might even get a small gift for everyone (buy masses of little figurines or something) just coz I can :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Tourney has to be 28th since thats the only time i will be able to come and will be my last practice to Thriller.

Alzi

Smash Master
It's a good date since i also won't have a driving lesson that sunday but on friday i'm going to have to.

I think this tournament we also should try finish it early so we have about hour and a half to do somthing else and make room for side events.

So glad level 9 luigi is out of the bracket now dayum he was a tough opponent to vs.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Results:

Singles:

1: vlasian :falco:
2: Binganing :toonlink:
3: hitler's butler :diddy:
4: Moozga :metaknight:
5: MTDew :lucas:
5: Trillsy :rob:
7: fingers ala bacon :snake: (I think?)
7: mighty ****in zebra butts :marth: (I think?)
9: H=Josthyffrtdct
9: Vodkadrrussian
9: Bowser King
9: Dr down syndrime
13: vagoijew
13: WAHHHHH! :waluigi:

Doubles:

1: Double Night Kill (Vlade/Pete)
2: Masked Love Bandits (LB/Andre)
3: Rob Dittos? (Nasch/Trill)
4: Pimps of Doom (Mic/Graeme)
5: Brothers from Another Mother (Marteh/MTGod)
5: Team Josh (Josh/Quetz)

Trillest

Smash Ace
omfg Rob Dittos was Dude n Gaiz never saw this trill n nasch u speak of also i saw graeme play gnw a couple of times

Also vlade add me on wifi i gave u my brawl code on msn!

Ask splice he'll tell ya

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah Lucas. He is my new favourite person in the scene now.

Guess those awards we gave out for person to watch out for in 2010 trully was Jesse. ;)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay, well obviously the 28th seems the better date :p I'll start arranging things whenever I have free time (HAH HAAAAH free time...) and post up a tournament post once everything's done, so keep your eyes glued to the tournament listings thread xD

Vlade

Social Outcast
Oh yeah guys just remembered, since I'm going to Japan I can get White Gamecube Controllers for most likely 2000 yen, which is equal to $24 right now

Just let me know if you're interested and I can get one for you with free shipping :D

Top Bottom