• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

`DNS`

Smash Lord
As far as I know, only the content that's shown in the Illusory Labyrinth website is downloadable. The textures that you've stated are not in there.
Yeah, only the stuff made by the Stack Smash team is there
WOOOOOOW

can you plz put it on the green costume?? green fox sucks lol or red since this may be the only costume to ever be cool enough to replace orange fox

i have no idea who you are qual, but i ****in love you lol
Lucky you're such a scrub bro

Green fox is the best

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is there a problem with Dolphin and CSPs or did I do something wrong? (most likely that latter)
Yeah, no. >_> I'll redo it step by step and show what I get this time (since I feel I DID do something horribly wrong.)
You must've inputted the wrong hex values onto the DAT file. For the indexed texture TPL files, the palette lines begin at offset 20 (32 decimal), and end at offset 220 (544 decimal), adding up to 32 lines. The texture data begins at offset 260 (608 decimal).

Also, all portraits use RGB5A3 palettes, so make sure that that's the palette type that you're using. And of course, if you're using perfect magenta (ff00ff) as a transparent color, look for the hex value, FC1F, in the palette lines. Replace FC1F with 0000 to make transparency.

Lastly, pay close attention to the offset placements for the CSP DAT file.

The Mighty Kiwi

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the app folder posted by MuraRengan, and when I try to install the Mios Patcher, it says, Failed to allocate temp buffer for encrypted content, size was 544. Then it takes you back to the Homebrew Chanel. Also, when I try to install cIOS38 in WAD installation mode, it says ERROR (ret=-1) then press any button to reset. What am I doing wrong?

S l o X

Smash Champion
Thanks again, I messed up when replacing the hexs. <3 Gonna search through this thread to try to find pink marth ;_;
(Gonna try to do all my current texture CSP's within the next two-three weeks, it doesn't take nearly as much time as I thought it would and after the first few times you remember the guide)

LuCKy

Smash Master
nah , green fox sucks lol and i would use blue for the sasuke fox

but then id lose my wolf texture which i like lol

so fukkk green

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
i have already say that i have the sasuke fox in FxNr, and not the time to change it to green, red, blue, orange, lavander, yellow or other color >.<

sry :/

i think u can ask other member to doing it

here is the link to the FxNr Sasuke

http://www.mediafire.com/?gg4nfmzm0dn

Ill dont release it at illusory because is not beautiful than that i do for illusory. Is just for funny for me.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hohum...

While I am still out on break (great extra stuff you guys have been making in my absence (: )... someone sent me this video reply on YouTube.

...The reason I show it is, Final Destination has NO COLOR FILES on the stage itself. It's all "CLR0" colored, meaning, automatic. I have no idea how this person [if it was them] managed to pull this off, but more power to 'em!
If someone could look into this a little further, somehow or another... it'd be really handy. By figuring this out, that also means we can color in files like Zelda's legs, Giga Bowser's tail, and even recolor Fox/Falco lasers... even Mr. Game & Watch!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
a lot of the things in the game aren't written into the specific files, it seems.

for example, for hte intro movie, there is around a 40-frame sequence where the video plays at double speed. the time also has nothing to do with the length of the video.

also steelia, could i redo an application for the labyrinth?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yes definitely Blue

just wondering, why can't I find many textures in Illusionary Labyrinth site's Download Section?

For example Black Yoshi, Pink Marth, Yeti DK and many more?

ps. and wouldn't it be nice to say which color replaces every texture? otherwise I might download more than one for same colour...
because ethier they havent uploaded it or they didnt make it

Steelia

Smash Champion
All righty, the person whom made the previously posted "Blue" Final Destination contacted me, and I was able to get a link for the stage.
For anyone interested:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG4FF0UK

That's how they changed the properties.
I've been trying to find some similarities between the auto-color files in FD, and see if they could be with other characters (like Zelda and Mr. Game & Watch). No luck as of yet, obviously; I'll likely have that on hold until I get off of break.

also steelia, could i redo an application for the labyrinth?
What's that? :)

LuCKy

Smash Master
awww blue fd isnt on the link anymore >.> maybe they deleted it? steelia can you maybe upload it yourself?

SleepyK

i still have it. they listed a delete date for some reason. them japanese hackers sure are mysterious.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Success! At long last.
HUGE thanks to revel8n for supplying test offsets for me to try out... Finally found them. Wow. @_@

Contrary to popular placing, Mr. Game & Watch's colors are found in his PlGw.dat file, rather than his PlGwNr.dat file like all the other characters.

Method used:

Code:
PlGw.dat
0000379C

00 00 00 FF - black
6E 00 00 FF - red
00 00 6E FF - blue
00 6E 00 FF - green
From what I can tell, you cannot change Mr. Game & Watch's outline... It automatically corresponds to a lighter color to whatever color you put in (as seen in the picture above; Magenta Game has a lighter outline automatically, same goes for the Yellow Game). Whether this can be tampered with or not remains to be seen; I only tested out the colors this morning.

If you plan on changing his colors... I'd highly recommend a program like Photoshop. Photoshop uses a similar RR GG BB format like the one listed above (ignoring the last two FF values)... Use it to figure out your colors. (:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I congratulate you for figuring out the hex values for Mr. G&W's colors Steelia. Too bad that he only has 4 color slots in Melee, compared to his 6 color slots in Brawl.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Onto the Lasers / Reflector!

Where would be the best place that you believe it would be stored at?
I can only think of two places:
PlFx.dat / PlFc.dat
or
EfFxData.dat / EfFcData.dat

The Pl**.dat files contain their actual gun textures, so it would make sense that the laser colors and shine effects would also be in there.
But the "Ef" files also contain effect files (like Bowser's fire)... Whichever. I couldn't say for sure, let alone figure out just where to pinpoint their locations in the actual files... I have a feeling they follow the RR GG BB format, however.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah !!! Great !

So now i can play wih pink G&W !!!! O_O

For those they want my version of FD, ill finish it just after repainting my room :p

Irl texture hack xD

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
anyone wanna link me a to a melee stage/character texture/music hack package?

SleepyK

UnRar it
then burn at lowest speed
if still fail then use different media

Top Bottom