• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Of course. That goes for attacks too. I was talking about ledgecancelling, like wavedashing backwards off a platform and taunting while you slide, interrupted by your falling off the platform.
Everyone doesnt slide while they taunt.

some ppl stop instantly

L__

Smash Master
Grabbing range

1) Samus
2) Link
3) Young Link
4) Marth
5) Roy
6) Yoshi
7) Kirby
8) Sheik
9) Zelda
10) Falco
11) Jigglypuff
12) Mewtwo
13) Peach
14) Fox
15) Luigi
16) DK
17) Ice Climbers
18) Mr. Game & Watch
19) Ganondorf
20) Captain Falcon
21-22) Dr. Mario / Mario
23) Bowser
24) Pichu
25) Ness
26) Pikachu

N64

Smash Champion
In addition to having the worst grabrange in the game, Pikachu also has the smallest shield in the game.

: (

Spife

Smash Master
In addition to having the worst grabrange in the game, Pikachu also has the smallest shield in the game.

: (
is his shield the smallest compared to the rest or just in relation to his size?

N64

Smash Champion
smallest compared to the rest. regardless of character size/hitbox dimensions/etc, just purely based on size of shield (amount of space taken up by shield).

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Doc Mario flashes Red for like 4 frames when he throws out a pill

Falco's DTilt does damage from his leg, Fox's does damage from his tail (even though his leg is following his tail while he does his nifty little turnaround thing)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
if you caugh an egg on MKII if you down-throw it it's a bomb that does 26%

oh dear pikachu and his tiny garb range and sheild with pichu's double sorry but it's freakin true

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
phantom hits have virtually no knockback(like fox's laser) so u phantom hit someone in the "helpless state" they stay helpless

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Luckily for the phatom hitter in that case lool.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it wouldn't wake her up because there was no knockback. Unless you SDI it in so that you get hit by the same hitbox, which would be the same as getting hit by the move they intended to wake you up with, which is usually a kill move, but in this situation would be a kill move which would do 50% bonus dmg.

BunBun

Smash Master
it wouldn't wake her up because there was no knockback. Unless you SDI it in so that you get hit by the same hitbox, which would be the same as getting hit by the move they intended to wake you up with, which is usually a kill move, but in this situation would be a kill move which would do 50% bonus dmg.
Phantom hits do more damage?

Didn't know this.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Phantom hits do more damage?

Didn't know this.
Phantom hits do half damage. I'm not sure but I'm assuming that when you SDI in, you get hit for the original amount of damage. This makes it 50% bonus damage since you get the half from the phantom.

with ics, if you grab with popo, dthrow then jump short hop reverse ice block and the ice will come out backwards and if you hit a fast faller with just the ice block you can combo into regrab. idk why the ice block comes out of the back of the hammer.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont know if other people know this, but if youre holding A and hit the c stick, it will charge the smash attack until you release A

Wuss

Smash Champion
Fox can dash, shine another fast faller, and then very quickly grab out of the shine and grab the fox or falco. It's really slick looking and works at any percent (obviously cause it's the shine), but it's pretty darn hard because you have to grab out of shine really quickly.

Both fox and falco can do a turnaround dash grab type thing by dashing, shine, turnaround, and then grab out of shine. Also looks really slick. (this can also work with an up smash out of shine)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falco can d-throw chain throw(like fox) G&W it's super fun, I totally understand chain throwing a low tier here. Also you can only buffer one throw down-throw with the c-stick

ru5514n

Smash Ace
When you d-throw someone with Fox/Falco, you move back a very small distance. Not noticeable unless you repeteadly d-throw/regrab someone in training mode for a while.

SudoChop

Smash Rookie
Something I have found that I'm still unsure if its know.

-Marth: SH and do a forward b, then a fair, and L-cancel. Next time you do the forward b, you will have a downward DI that pulls you back to the ground. This effect is gone after you use the Forward B.

Looks slick if you do it jumping of the edge.

Someone should confirm this. I know it works, unsure what causes it, and also would like to know if there are any other methods/effects/applications for this.

It may work with a full jump, but I'm not sure if I've ever tried, and I'm not next to the game to see atm.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Something I have found that I'm still unsure if its know.

-Marth: SH and do a forward b, then a fair, and L-cancel. Next time you do the forward b, you will have a downward DI that pulls you back to the ground. This effect is gone after you use the Forward B.

Looks slick if you do it jumping of the edge.

Someone should confirm this. I know it works, unsure what causes it, and also would like to know if there are any other methods/effects/applications for this.

It may work with a full jump, but I'm not sure if I've ever tried, and I'm not next to the game to see atm.
This is wrongish actually.

It actually works the same way with any non-up b special that can give you lift(Doc/Mario's Cape/Tornado, Kirby's Air Hammer, Marth/Roy Forward B) and the effect doesnt disappear when you use the move again but rather when you land on the ground again.

Phanna has a vid somewhere explaining it more in depth.

SudoChop

Smash Rookie
This is wrongish actually.

It actually works the same way with any non-up b special that can give you lift(Doc/Mario's Cape/Tornado, Kirby's Air Hammer, Marth/Roy Forward B) and the effect doesnt disappear when you use the move again but rather when you land on the ground again.

Phanna has a vid somewhere explaining it more in depth.
Ah, that make much more sense.

Thanks for the insight.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yoshi has super armor frames on his double jump. If he is hit by an attack that would knock him over if he were crouch canceling, then it will knock him out of the double jump. Therefore, Falco's shine will spike yoshi while Foxes will not.

Top Bottom