• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC#5 M.A.S KAMI NO BACHI 03/27/10 Winthrop Harbor, IL $400 IN GUARANTEED POT BONUSES

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lmao, 500 sheik dittos?
There's no way I have that much patience. I need fast playstyles and more approaching and less camping and gay

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i love using sheik in every matchup, and i never go anyone else in tourny. she's soooo broken. easily counters 3/4 of the cast.

but i never get to use her against scrubs, falcons, or marth players cuz i feel bad. it's too easy and it's not as fun. and i try not to use sheik on henrik aka slomo, cuz he ***** my sheik :(

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
i love using sheik in every matchup, and i never go anyone else in tourny. she's soooo broken. easily counters 3/4 of the cast.

but i never get to use her against scrubs, falcons, or marth players cuz i feel bad. it's too easy and it's not as fun. and i try not to use sheik on henrik aka slomo, cuz he ***** my sheik :(
I totally agree with your opinion on sheik. Finally, someone that realizes how good she is against characters like snake.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
everyone plays sheik so gay smh. She has room for so much flair but wavedash backX10,dsmash, to chaingrab is so effective. So much potential for a vibrant interesting playstyle yet people play her so basic. Sure there are a few sheiks oiut there that have dynamic playstyles but for the most part sheik mains stick to the tried and true. **** sucks....

Quik17

Smash Ace
Fun tourney

Sucks all my Falco exp lies in my MK. Need to start playing Wario v. Falco against arty more and maybe even learn the chaingrab...

Brawl and Melee doubles were really fun.
Brawl singles was decent (pools were awesome though)
I shoulda entered lowtiers :(

Now to wait for that results thread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Seeing as how roughly 70% of Sheik's moveset is bull****, I would agree that she's a fun character to use.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys...

I ****ed up! :(

Yha know...running so many tournaments, traveling, and do so many things...everything can't possibly be as perfect as one would like it to be. So that being said, here's where I ****ed up:

Alright so this was a qualifier for the Midwest Smash Circut (MSC). It's #5 in the series. And I totally forgot that MSC gets a 15% cut from the Entrance fees from SSBB Singles and SSBB Doubles. And I also forgot that the payout for Doubles was supposed to be the same for Singles, unless I am reading this wrong:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252411

And at the tournament I paid out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (60/30/10).

I am really sorry about this. And I will try to get money owed to who it's entitled to. If I dish the money out now, then Raging Storm MN WILL BE CANCELED, if I can deal with it later, then I can continue to run scheduled tournaments as scheduled.

I'd like some feedback on this. Again, I am sorry...some reason it slipped my mind that MSC was supposed to get a cut from the Entrance Fees. And Doubles had a unique payout.

:urg:

Akashi

Smash Lord
how do you expect there to be 10 ike mains in such a small region. your logic is flawed, sir.
Fine, then check out Texas' latest LT (I believe it was Phase 4), or WC's mid-tier/LT results. The only place Ike is fairly dominant in the LT scene is EC, and that's because San, M2K, Inui, Red-X, and a few other Ike players live there. Ike will never be banned from LT until he's out of LT, so get used to it. In fact I kept Bowser/Ness solely because the new tier list is fairly recent and we should experiment. Finally, Sago does really well in the Ike MU... so if he can do it then so can you guys.

Akashi

Smash Lord
DevilDigimon said:
I'd like some feedback on this. Again, I am sorry...some reason it slipped my mind that MSC was supposed to get a cut from the Entrance Fees. And Doubles had a unique payout.
I think this should be discussed between the people who earned the $ and you, but that's just my opinion. Your tourneys are amazing, Web, but I don't feel like I have a say in this matter because you don't owe me anything (either a tourney or $). Good luck though, I hope you get things sorted :(.

yoshq

Smash Master
Fine, then check out Texas' latest LT (I believe it was Phase 4), or WC's mid-tier/LT results. The only place Ike is fairly dominant in the LT scene is EC, and that's because San, M2K, Inui, Red-X, and a few other Ike players live there. Ike will never be banned from LT until he's out of LT, so get used to it. In fact I kept Bowser/Ness solely because the new tier list is fairly recent and we should experiment. Finally, Sago does really well in the Ike MU... so if he can do it then so can you guys.
I wasn't arguing about ike being banned per say, I was just saying that unless this was a national, you can't expect 1 character to be dominant throughout the whole top 10 unless there are 10 people in that region that main him in low tier. It's not the same as MK where tons of people main him everywhere and you could use that argument.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ike has something in low tier that MK doesn't, bad match-ups.

Part of the reason Ike does well in low tier is a combination of the fact he's amazing in low tier and a popular choice. Still some characters give him a hard time even in low tier.

Top Bottom