• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

And I forgot to ask if it would be possible to edit the shell polygon a bit to add two small horns on the top and another brace on the bottom.

Matteron

Smash Ace
that would be possible, we could vertex the arms to do that and then texture them, I would do it for you, but I started vertex editing yesterday, so I'm not the greatest vertex hacker

that would be possible, we could vertex the arms to do that and then texture them, I would do it for you, but I started vertex editing yesterday, so I'm not the greatest vertex hacker
Cool beans, no problem. I can't complain, seeing as I have no more hacking skills. lol.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
If you REALLY wanted to put him over MK just for the gliding then you should've just asked Raz how he got his Dark Link PSA to glide beforehand. I can imagine Knuckles gliding just like his DL glides.
It's actually really simple, but that's partially because of how I did the running. And yes, that's relevant.

I can throw together a quick guide if anyone actually wants this information.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
what model do you want to use?
Originally the Spiny model, but now I have my eyes set on the Lakitu trophy(note: not assist trophy), mainly because I have sucessfully added more bones to it and it has more sprites to work with.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
It's actually really simple, but that's partially because of how I did the running. And yes, that's relevant.

I can throw together a quick guide if anyone actually wants this information.
if you can post a guide for that, that would be great

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
? I just said that because he said full 2d characters. Also for animating stages. If I knew how to animate in brawl I could make some cool stages. It's not about animating in general, I'm good at that, it's learning how to make animations work in brawl.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
if you can post a guide for that, that would be great
THE GLIDE GUIDE

Making a character glide is a lot easier than you would probably think, but there are a few specific factors that may or may not make it work. More on that shortly.

It’s a long read, but most of it is just explaining stuff. The actual things you need to do are pretty simple.

To make it easier to follow, important things are bold, and explanations are italic.

I’ll use my Dark Link as an example. In subactions 19 and 1A (midair jumps), I entered a timer of 30 frames, leading to an If statement; that statement will activate the glide. The timer makes it so the glide activates at the height of his jump. Other characters should probably use different numbers, depending on how the animation plays out.

Anyway. Set the requirement for the If statement to 32, Button Pressed, and change the Variable to Value with the drop-down box, and set it to 2, which is the jump button. This makes it so, if you are holding in the jump button at the time the If is reached, the glide will activate, like a real glide.

Within the If statement, put in any graphics, sounds or collisions you want to play when the glide starts. From here, there are two options:

Method 1: The one I used, but it can only be done if the character’s run is set up differently. Normally, a character uses the TransN bone to move them. But for Dark Link, I used the Character Momentum event to move him, so he keeps his speed in SSE. The Momentum event just pushes the character in a specific direction. And because the animation also works for flying, it allowed it to be used as a pseudo-glide.

So, after the graphics/sounds/collisions, enter the event Change SubAction: sub-action=F, which is the Run subaction. By doing this, combined with the already added events, it makes the character shoot forward. And since the run can be interrupted, the glide can be canceled by any aerial attack, B move, tether, or another jump. And since the run loops, the character will continue to glide until you land, grab a ledge, or cancel it. You can also adjust the forward and backward momentum with the control stick.

But, I don’t know how well this would work if the character uses TransN for movement, since I haven’t tested it. But, logically, it would either do nothing, have the same effect, or the character would move straight forward without falling.

Here’s an example from Dark Link:
-Asynchronous timer: 30 frames
-If Button Pressed: 2
--Graphic 1
--Graphic 2
--Sound
--Asynchronous timer: 1 frame
--Change SubAction: sub action=F

That’s the exact setup I used.

Method 2: This isn’t necessarily a glide, but more of a horizontal boost. Basically, just replace the Change SubAction event with the Character Momentum event. This will simply push the character in whatever direction you choose, without going to a new animation or subaction, and without having to change the run. Like so:

-Asynchronous timer: 30 frames
-If Button Pressed: 2
--Graphic 1
--Graphic 2
--Sound
--Asynchronous timer: 1 frame
--Character Momentum: 2.2, 0, 0, 1

Of course, you don’t need any graphics or sounds. They’re just aesthetic.

Alrighty, that covers it. Now get out there and start gliding.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
^ Should be on OP in a spoiler (to save space, of course)

And if anyone knows how to make a character more powerful as damage increases (like Lucario), it'd be great if you could share the wealth. kthnx

Razanak7

Smash Ace
^ Should be on OP in a spoiler (to save space, of course)

And if anyone knows how to make a character more powerful as damage increases (like Lucario), it'd be great if you could share the wealth. kthnx
You could set up a series of If statements checking the characters damage, and the resulting collisions changing depending on it. It's not complicated, but very time (and space) consuming.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
You could set up a series of If statements checking the characters damage, and the resulting collisions changing depending on it. It's not complicated, but very time (and space) consuming.
Not to mention not nearly as precise as Lucario's.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Since more people apparently want Shadow than any of my other projects, he's most likely going to become my main focus. That being said, There's something I need a hand with.

I need the best Shadow texture for Sonic. Now before you start throwing chairs, hear me out. I'm using Sonic's model because it has way more bones, and has facial expressions. So, once I have the best texture for him, I'll try to do a vertex hack to fix the quills, shoes, wrist... things, and maybe the face a little bit.

The one I have is good, but I'm curious as to whether or not there's some better ones. After all, I'm sure all the Shadow fanboys want him to look good, right?

Most of his animations will be from scratch, except some basic ones borrowed from Sonic. BTW, he goes over Snake.

This is the current texture I'm using.

While I'm at it, the DL for Meta should be up either tomorrow or the next day.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
The shadow texture looks good and meta ridley sweet though make sure for shadow you make his shoes right every shadow hack I have seen does not use a good looking shoe but sounds good

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Since more people apparently want Shadow than any of my other projects, he's most likely going to become my main focus. That being said, There's something I need a hand with.

I need the best Shadow texture for Sonic. Now before you start throwing chairs, hear me out. I'm using Sonic's model because it has way more bones, and has facial expressions. So, once I have the best texture for him, I'll try to do a vertex hack to fix the quills, shoes, wrist... things, and maybe the face a little bit.

The one I have is good, but I'm curious as to whether or not there's some better ones. After all, I'm sure all the Shadow fanboys want him to look good, right?

Most of his animations will be from scratch, except some basic ones borrowed from Sonic. BTW, he goes over Snake.

Eh, Sonic looks close enough to Shadow in terms of design, so honestly it's not that big of a deal, the shoes are the big thing you'd want to change though, try to make them look just like the one's from Shadow's trophy or as close as you can get, I'm assuming you can't port over specific parts from trophy models right? So just do your best and it'll be fine.

Also this might be a better texture:

It's hard to tell from this angle, but the big difference in this one from the one you have are the red stripes on the back of his head, in the one you have they extend onto the side of his head, almost to his eyes, this design is more accurate I think

It's in Mastaklo's Shadow pack here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0zemnyzlzgk

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062

Oh wow I'm pretty late...but wait a second...what happened to using the M&S model and textures? I thought we were going for the realism? Oh well I guess a vertex hack could work as well.
The moveset I made should be done by tonight if not early Wednesday, I'm sorry I couldn't get it back to you yesterday but I was swamped with work alot yesterday.

shock44

Smash Journeyman

*Shadow pic*

Dude! That's a great idea! You're making Shadow using a vertex hack (instead of spiking the spikes up for every animation like past shadow mods) and you're putting him over snake! If it all works out then this will make a better Shadow mod than the old ones! I also hope his moveset is better, the movesets I've seen in the past are just stupid. If you need any help with this project I can give you ideas for a good moveset.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Oh wow I'm pretty late...but wait a second...what happened to using the M&S model and textures? I thought we were going for the realism? Oh well I guess a vertex hack could work as well.
The moveset I made should be done by tonight if not early Wednesday, I'm sorry I couldn't get it back to you yesterday but I was swamped with work alot yesterday.
I'm not using it for the same reason I'm not using Shadow's AT model; lack of bones and expressions. Plus, it's really, really low quality, doesn't show up right, and uses weird bone positions.

You can take your time with the moveset, I'm not going to do attacks any time soon anyway.

Dude! That's a great idea! You're making Shadow using a vertex hack (instead of spiking the spikes up for every animation like past shadow mods) and you're putting him over snake! If it all works out then this will make a better Shadow mod than the old ones! I also hope his moveset is better, the movesets I've seen in the past are just stupid. If you need any help with this project I can give you ideas for a good moveset.
Good, I need as many ideas as I can get. Once I get enough input, I'm going to compile an official moveset.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'm not using it for the same reason I'm not using Shadow's AT model; lack of bones and expressions. Plus, it's really, really low quality, doesn't show up right, and uses weird bone positions.

You can take your time with the moveset, I'm not going to do attacks any time soon anyway.
w00t more supporters ^_^ and thanks yeah I'll take my time, also if your looking for the BEST Shadow texture, IMO, you can't get any better than the texture used for Shadow's AT, but that's just my opinion. I could give you one I custom made from other Shadow textures...It's like a REALLY nice copy n paste job.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
is the move set for shadow going to be a chaos move set or a moveset based off of shadow the hedgehog the game ie using weapons

Eldiran

Smash Lord
My friends have been bugging me for the longest time to make a Shadow PSA, so I'm glad you're doing it, Razanak. Naturally, if you need any help, I'd be glad to provide it.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
w00t more supporters ^_^ and thanks yeah I'll take my time, also if your looking for the BEST Shadow texture, IMO, you can't get any better than the texture used for Shadow's AT, but that's just my opinion. I could give you one I custom made from other Shadow textures...It's like a REALLY nice copy n paste job.
I would need to see it first.

is the move set for shadow going to be a chaos move set or a moveset based off of shadow the hedgehog the game ie using weapons
He's going to be Chaos-based, no weapons; although, I might include a motorcycle for one of his victory poses. He's also going to make frequent use of his... skates, I guess?

My friends have been bugging me for the longest time to make a Shadow PSA, so I'm glad you're doing it, Razanak. Naturally, if you need any help, I'd be glad to provide it.
Thanks, I'm probably going to need it, too.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
could you use some weapons for some of his smash attacks like his side smash you could use a beam sword recolored purple to look like he is using a sword that the dark alien thingys used in shadow the hedgehog im just throwing some ideas out there :D
edit
MEGAMAN IS AMAZING MATTERON YOU ARE BEAST dose megaman dance out of happiness may i ask how you did that?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Does anyone know what's the problem with Kirby's bone ID's when they're called up in PSA?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Razanak7, since other people are throwing out ideas for a Shadow moveset here are mine:

Specials:
Side B: Chaos Spear (shoots chaos energy that either has an electric effect or it stuns the person like ZSS's gun, not sure what to go with)

Up B: Chaos control (just makes him teleport up)

Down B: Probably just keep it spin dash

Not sure about normal B other than homing attack, but i think we should make most of his moves different from Sonic's.

Final Smash:
Chaos Blast (Shoots out a giant blast that almost covers the entire stage but not entirely.)

Also I think we should take moves from Shadow's moves in Sonic Battle.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Is that megaman as a playable character?...If so...I must do some 2d characters. It tis mah specialtie.

Top Bottom