• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
like S. alreday said me, its just trials and errors

Ive tried to change the ff ff ff ( white ) into the laser, and one of 192 " FF FF FF" of plfx.dat is changing the laser's ff ff ff

RR GG BB format.

But if i change all "FF FF FF" by "14 28 a6" for exemple, its not changing the laser's " FF FF FF" in "14 28 a6" but in "62 05 53".

I dont know if that mean that Hex color got a filter or anything like that...

but i think that the laser's Red is next to the laser's white

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
if anybody got knowledge at hex, and want to found how to change colors, its in Plfx.dat (fox )

around offsets 00014000~00014060 are for laser's form, and the white inside

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in but I can't get the miospatcher to work properly on my Wii, it boots but then screen just turns black. I had no problems installing HomebrewChannel or anything else.
If someone knows what's wrong please send me a message. I really want some of these textures on Melee.

Sorry for this desperate post XD

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in but I can't get the miospatcher to work properly on my Wii, it boots but then screen just turns black. I had no problems installing HomebrewChannel or anything else.
If someone knows what's wrong please send me a message. I really want some of these textures on Melee.

Sorry for this desperate post XD
Install this first then run it again:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9426

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
erf, ive changed all FF 00 00 ( one by one ) by another hex color, and nothing has changed.

But plfx.Dat contain the form and the laser's white. :/

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol i was ****ing around in the plfx.dat file wit the hex and lol i got this

lol i find it funny cuz a freaking wall comes up everytime u shoot a lazer

edit: lol heres another one

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Lol, IDK why but that image next fo Fox's laser to me looks like your either shooting the "Landmaster tank", or the Landmaster is initially "appearing" to protect you.. =p

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
Well... I solved most of my problems and I can now run GC Backup launcher, but it doesn't recognize the cd.
I burned it on a TDK DVD-R disc.

Well... I solved most of my problems and I can now run GC Backup launcher, but it doesn't recognize the cd.
I burned it on a TDK DVD-R disc.
i have the same problem you described (not the disc problem), the MIOS patcher and the cIOS38 dont work for me. what did you do to get them to work?
the cIOS38 freezes when i choose an option for the first question and the MIOS patcher just gives me a black screen when i load it. someone help me

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
it's possible if you download SleepyK's iso

he modified it so that you can fit bigger songs into it

bboylawson

Smash Cadet
it's possible if you download SleepyK's iso

he modified it so that you can fit bigger songs into it
I would very much like to learn how he modified it.
If anyone knows how, I will appreciate a short 2 or 3 line tutorial greatly.

Thanks!

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I got sleepyk's hacks.iso, with the lenght of the songs changed to 30kb and I would like to add some music of my own now to certain stages, but idk how to do it..

honestly, I don't understand most of GodFed's guide, so if somebody could help me a little I would appreciate...

to begin with, when I run GCtool and I try to open .iso, somehow, it doesn't recognize Sleepy's .iso.... what am I supposed to do?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
hey guys I got sleepyk's hacks.iso, with the lenght of the songs changed to 30kb and I would like to add some music of my own now to certain stages, but idk how to do it..

honestly, I don't understand most of GodFed's guide, so if somebody could help me a little I would appreciate...

to begin with, when I run GCtool and I try to open .iso, somehow, it doesn't recognize Sleepy's .iso.... what am I supposed to do?
Set the search method to all files, or change the filetype of the iso from .iso to .gcm.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I would very much like to learn how he modified it.
If anyone knows how, I will appreciate a short 2 or 3 line tutorial greatly.

Thanks!
extract whole iso
replace song files
rebuild in gcr

ezpz

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
if I want to replace an audio file in sleepyk's iso should I still say NO when asked if I want to change filesizes?

Ariac

Smash Rookie
So, this has probably been asked before, but I don't feel like looking through all 91 pages. Is it possible to add characters? Like, not clones but straight up characters? Such as since there's a captain america captain falcon skin, could there just be a character for captain america with his own unique moveset?

Ariac

Smash Rookie
I know these are textures, that wasn't what I was asking. I was asking if it's possible to make new characters.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
at least, not for now. if melee had a larger team of hackers, it certainly would be feasible, but...

Top Bottom