• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
how do you DI marth's throws. I get grabbed and I'm all like, "ha I'll DI away fool". He's like... "back throw+fsmash". Then if i DI towards him, he's like, "Fthrow+fsmash". What do you guys do when grabbed?

GSUB

Smash Lord
then DI away with the direction you think he's going to throw you,

ex. if you were playing a noob marth, and you were on the right side of FD, he would probably throw you off the edge, and you know that (fight the urge to DI towards the stage to stay safe and on the stage) so then you would DI away from the stage, and he can't really follow up.

but a better marth might know that you know to DI that way, and throw you towards the stage.
because he knows that you know that he knows that you know, etc.

tl;dr DI where you think he's going to throw you.

GSUB

Smash Lord
what did you expect?
"if you mash down-b you can rest dem outta evry throw!!!!!! but shhhhh, dis is my speshul secret!"

no!
hahhaha

don't get grabbed, not getting grabbed is a better solution.
you should never be getting grabbed by marth.
learn to use his grabbing to your advantage with crouching and empty hops.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
DI his throws Down. That way you can't get hit by either throw.

I'm not sure if this works at low percents, but it works above 20 iirc

GSUB

Smash Lord
does that cover forward smash AND dash -> pivot fsmash? AND aerials?

Yeah, I'm guessing at low percents your best bet is to guess where they're gonna throw you if what darc said works, and then di down past 20.

(i'll have try this! Exciting!)

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah try it. I was skeptical about it at first, but I haven't been hit from a grab fsmash in awhile.

I haven't experimented with it much. Just try it out for yourself.

GSUB

Smash Lord
COOL! WILL DO!

Also, since I saw you destroy VaNz peach (<3 vanz), I need some advice on that much up @_@
MacD beats me 77% of the time, and I played Light in pools at NSH, wasn't good man... (I got *****)
haha, those turnips rrrrrrape me! And MacD never shields anything, So I never get any shield mindgames on him! Except pound like ALWAYS hits him because he never shields, hehe.
halp!

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Just Bair.

Look out for his fair and space bairs the entire time. If you look at the match again that is all I did LOL.

Upair kills stuff but you know that. Grabs tend to throw off peaches and give you quick damage. Basically what I do the entire time is Bair to rack up damage and eventually kill him.

Try not to bair into her body. Keep your distance. She can trade hits with you with a nair if you get too close.

If you can get a read you can punish with an fsmash or an upsmash for an early kill, but for the most part stick with bairs and upairs.

I only rest Peach if I'm not in the lead lolol

Just be patient and bair. I cannot stress this enough. Pot shots 4 lyfe

GSUB

Smash Lord
The thing is, I hate playing gay though, because I watch matches of foxes being ***holes and camping their ***es off, and it disgusts me, like yayuhz vs doll at herb 3, DISGUSTING!

So I hate playing gay myself because it makes me a hypocrite! And it's not fun for anyone!

I look at MaNg0, and say, "Well he doesn't play gay to win."
Which makes me realize it's a me problem, not a puff problem.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah it's fun for me because I like to win. So I really don't care if I have to HBox my way up there LOL.

Plus I've been camped out of my *** before so I've resorted to doing the same. Some matchups are WAY easier if you play a little bit more gay.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
"Yeah it's fun for me because I like to win. So I really don't care if I have to HBox my way up there LOL." I'm just gonna approve that too.

Sliq

Smash Master
I just mash down b and that seems to work in every instance that isn't crew battle related.

idea

Smash Master
how to beat peach?
yeah. just...just bair. don't let her start up a fair. that's one of the few things she can do to outspace you. yeah.

lol

yeah >_<

Yeah I've gotten to a point where I just play gay all the time.
tempted to sig this. but i don't want anything to displace my gif...i spent hours making that cause i couldn't find an existing one anywhere.

I just mash down b and that seems to work in every instance that isn't crew battle related.
so it's not actually that hard? sliq?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Jiggs wins imo.

Only if Sheik gets hit by a rest or two though. Which she so easily does sometimes.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Jiggs>shiek

and I'm bringing back naked puff.
I agree.
Jiggs beats her with bairs crouching and rest.

RAYPE! Do it! I'm happy you're still playing puff! I thought the haters woulda got to ya by now!
Man... You vs dr.peepee.
Falco is higher than Jiggs on the tier list for a reason, and doctor dick knows why.
My friend plays that matchup similar to him... All I feel like I can do is fastfal nairs at him from above his lasers, and then get uptilted...

that was the highlight moment of my smash career.

@hungrybox: raaappppppeeeeeee
lololololol
you're a good sport!
you shouldddd nair more and watch out for her wavedash back, bait it out with empty hops!
bair too =)

idea

Smash Master
last time i played blunted object (first time too actually) it felt like a laser hitting my shield guaranteed 30-40%. i mean i know that doesn't make sense but that's what it felt like. after a while i started spending all my time in that airspace where falco can't really laser you. if he fullhops, shoots one laser at the top and the next as soon as possible, the space inbetween those two is pretty safe. so i waited around up there and threw out fairs.

but i still didn't take a match off him <_< this was friendlies btw.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
lololololol
you're a good sport!
you shouldddd nair more and watch out for her wavedash back, bait it out with empty hops!
bair too =)
thanks bro. what should I do about the missile spamming? any time I try to get in the air, he shoots me down.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
what would be the best aerials to cancel them? I would be thinking fair or nair, do to the length their hitboxes stay out.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
whats the best way to train your puff on your own?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I generally don't, there's almost nothing i can practice except for useless things like rollout edgegrab from offstage or run off up edge grab. I just train up other characters when on my own these days :/

Also, I use bair to beat out missiles, I'm just always facing that way for some reason lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom