• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

If you don't hit anything you should also do the hold A method, but you do need to slow down the timing a bit to make up for not having the added hitlag. Holding A (or Z which also acts as an A input) on the 3rd hit until after you IASA out of the jab sequence will always be beneficial since rapid punches are triggered by comparing your total A input duration vs total time. The reason holding the 3rd input helps is because each A input duration is only determined on release, so if you never actually release the 3rd A input and IASA while still holding it that 3rd one doesn't get included in the total at all.

Gentlemans are made easier by keeping your total A input duration low (releasing the A button faster when doing the 1st and 2nd punches and holding the 3rd input to omit it), and your total time high (spacing one or more of the punches farther apart and hitting something which adds hitlag to the total time). As the total A input becomes shorter and/or more hitlag is added, the time between punches can be shorter while still getting the gentleman. When the total A input becomes longer and/or less or no hitlag is added you will need to space the punches out more.
how the gentlemen works

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, pretty sure PAL doesn't have to time the buttons or do extra steps either. like Tap three times and don't care for making the third A a bit slower than the rest.

D

Deleted member

if some @sshole is dash dance camping like a douche (falcon dittos, maybe fox) do a short hop knee without fast falling and you will clip them. It has deceptive range

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sometimes I don't understand why Falcon is considered to have a good match up versus Peach. The Peach players I play against usually like to force me to approach, but also have a tendancy to stay grounded. When I approach with nair I get countered by cc > grab/dsmash into death combo.

When I try to dd camp > grab she spot dodges or dsmashes. If I approach with shield or wait for the spot dodge/dsmash I either;

A. Get grabbed.
B. wait for dsmash to end, try to grab or stomp, which gets beaten out by either a second immediate down smash, or a spot dodge > grab.

Peaches dash attack also stuffs all of falcons aerials EXCEPT for bair.

When I try to play more passive and space with bairs and uairs the peach player starts to play more aggressively and get in on my space.

All in all I'm just getting out-played, but I really just don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing.

Vids to come later.

if some @sshole is dash dance camping like a douche (falcon dittos, maybe fox) do a short hop knee without fast falling and you will clip them. It has deceptive range
Vouching for this by saying I get hit by this quite often. I'll be dd camping and falcon comes charging balls to the wall, does a short hop knee without fast falling, and knees me in the face because I'm used to how far they go when they fast fall, expect it, and try to grab them in their landing lag.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
peach matchup is annoying, but basically you gotta dashdance and react well enough to get her after those dsmashes or spot dodges. short hop stomping without fastfalling it can cover both of those options if those are the only things shes doing in those situations, and leads to good stuff. if shes getting in your face and youre stuck shielding or something, roll away from her, peach is really slow and will rarely be able to punish it.

space the nairs well, try to be ready for dash attacks and shield grab or dd grab them, i dunno what else really

that long knee without fastfalling is ok but i dont really do it anymore, people i play with all got used to it and can handle the spacing more often than not. the long non fastfalled nair is generally more reliable in my experience

edit: this april fools joke sucks. one, **** mods i dont wanna be one. two, the only jokes are red names and its says moderator under them, we shouldve all been able to have mod powers for a day if they were doing this right. then **** would be nuts

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
All you have to do is stomp in place against Forrest's peach. Kyle's way better at the match up but still easy. He spams dash attacks so you can shieldgrab him easy. Jump out of shield when they fair you. They don't know to follow up their fairs with nairs so you'll be fine. You shouldn't be shielding vs good Peaches anyways though. Learn2floatiecomboandkillatlowpercents.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Lol, then get more footage and don't post em in videos. Hold a fest or something. Best ways to get some sweet footage.
word man hopefully ill be playing this saturday with a couple people so.. yea

i just wanted to throw something out there for hype

and yo etwists i totally forgot about that

that was so **** matter of fact thats going in the video

tech chased : you gonna get ***** daaaaaaaaaaaaaaam niggggaaaaa

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol jona i like how you miss the l-cancel on the yoshs story dair and still put it in.

it was kinda hot though

D

Deleted member

trust me

when you are facing some campy wimpy falcon who wants to dash dance camp you to death and he's like at 80 percent, not fast falling a short hop knee will barely hit them as they run back in a attempt to punish a SHFFL knee but you did a SHL knee instead, barely nipping them and knocking them down and puts them in a tech chase position.

Over shooting a knee is legit (don't overdo it though)

Top Bottom