• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doom presents: Doom's Belated Birthday Sex, ft. Wendy! May 15th, 2010 West Milford NJ

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Hey guys, I'm hosting another tourney at my house in late commemoration of my birthday (April 23rd!). Get hyped! This tournament is also for Mrs. BlackWaltz's (aka Wendy...yeah, her name is Alice, but she TOTALLY looks like a Wendy) birthday, which is the same day as this tourney.

Low tier doubles is the first event and starts at 12 PM.

Schedule:

12 PM-whenever: Low tier doubles
Afterwards will be
Doubles
Singles
Brawl- singles

ALLISBRAWL PAGE: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9476

PLEASE click that you're attending to help spread the word!

THIS IS THE LAST TOURNAMENT OF THE NEW JERSEY POWER RANKING SEASON! Make sure you come and get some wins to boost your rank!

RULES

You guys know the deal with the rules already. We're going to be running the standard ruleset rather than the MLG one. Just for clarity, I'll list some brief things--

-3 stock matches

-8 minute timer

-40 edge grab limit in singles, none for teams

-legal stages:

NEUTRALS
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

COUNTERPICKS
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Nothing else you guys aren't familiar with. If there's any dispute over the rules, please refer to me and I will clear it up, but I'm sure nobody is going to encounter a problem like this.

PAYOUTS

60/30/10 for singles and doubles, subject to change based on number of entrants. If there are less than 8 teams, payouts will be 70/30 for doubles.

PRICES

Since it's my birthday event, I was considering upping the venue fee so I could pay my car insurance...but I figured people would ***** about a $5 venue fee for a house tourney.

Birthday present fee: $3, $1 off for a TV/Wii, free for a full setup
Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $10 per person

TRANSPORTATION

ADDRESS:

67 Rolling Ridge Road
West Milford, NJ 07480

My house is most likely going to be accessed by car. West Milford is kinda...secluded. However, you can reach my house from New York City very easily via the 197 bus from Port Authority--it'll bring you straight to West Milford, to the ShopRite that's about 3 miles from my house. Just give me a call at 973-513-3794 if you need a ride and I'll be glad to pick you up (getting license this Friday ftw) for a buck or two.

FOOD

As usual, we will collectively order pizza from the nearby pizza place around 7-8 PM, or whenever most of the attendants would like. If you'd like to eat before that, there's a ShopRite about 3 miles away with a McDonald's, a different pizza place, and a Dunkin' Donuts in the same parking lot/directly across the street. If you'd like to, you can feel free to bring any (please, large enough for multiple people...) JUICE, soda, chips, etc. for everyone.

I hope to see everyone here!

Bring setups! I need TVs AND Wiis in order to make this run fast. Also, SD cards with Brawl- and hacked Wiis are very very welcomed.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Sounds hawt ;]

If interest in my Melee event doesn't grow, expect me to be here and get birthday punches from me. You and Alice.

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Whoever gives me birthday punches will be receiving kicks in the groin. Serious. A pat on the head would be preferred!!

Love you guys. x3
Share your pizza crusts with me!!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm definitely falcon punching wendy. (she really does look like a wendy...or a grendel...idk)

Doom I love the name. Belated birthday sex is better than no birthday sex.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Doom is in the small percentile of Smashers or "hardcore" gamers that gets their driver's license when they're supposed to.

Also lol @ the name Wendy sticking after all this time. Who came up with it?

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Just copy my ruleset. I've constantly been updating it since every incident I've run into/heard of in the last month or so.

Just change whatever you want to your liking.

Max Ketchum

I have an entirely accurate interpretation of the rules and will be available at all times to clear anything up. There will also be plenty of reasonable and informed people here as well. Imo, this is better than any kind of concrete ruleset that people can attempt to loophole, despite how accurate it may seem right now.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I have an entirely accurate interpretation of the rules and will be available at all times to clear anything up. There will also be plenty of reasonable and informed people here as well. Imo, this is better than any kind of concrete ruleset that people can attempt to loophole, despite how accurate it may seem right now.
What kind of exploits, shenanigans, loopholes, etc. have people tried to pull lately, that such discretion is required?

Max Ketchum

What kind of exploits, shenanigans, loopholes, etc. have people tried to pull lately, that such discretion is required?
See: Cheese at KTAR. :/

Gonna put a "scrooging is banned" thing in the OP too. This is difficult to enforce in text, so if it's occurring at the event then I'll be there to monitor it.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
See: Cheese at KTAR. :/

Gonna put a "scrooging is banned" thing in the OP too. This is difficult to enforce in text, so if it's occurring at the event then I'll be there to monitor it.
I should add a scrooging rule as well, thanks for reminding me.

Other incidents that have happened:
Pound 4: No Teams Ledge Grab Limit
KTAR2: Cheese bringing back a banned stage he banned.
PSI: Advanced Slob Rules [an ancient Melee rule, that is there for god only knows why]
Saffron #5: Whether pausing in-game should be punished with loss of stock or match. Even though pausing in-game isn't allowed and is pretty much an unspoken rule, Roman paused and since there was nothing in the rules for it, it cost Spawn the set. Pausing was legal in that tourney.

Max Ketchum

Advanced Slob Rules should stay. There's absolutely nothing wrong with counterpicking character on a random stage, and it's something myself and many others have done in multiple tournaments not including PSI.

I also am not sure of a teams ledge grab limit yet. 50 per team sounds reasonable, but I don't want to set it in stone until I get a community opinion.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I should add a scrooging rule as well, thanks for reminding me.

Other incidents that have happened:
Pound 4: No Teams Ledge Grab Limit
KTAR2: Cheese bringing back a banned stage he banned.
PSI: Advanced Slob Rules [an ancient Melee rule, that is there for god only knows why]
Saffron #5: Whether pausing in-game should be punished with loss of stock or match. Even though pausing in-game isn't allowed and is pretty much an unspoken rule, Roman paused and since there was nothing in the rules for it, it cost Spawn the set. Pausing was legal in that tourney.
Evo general rule: Pausing at anytime during a game may result it in an automatic forfeit of that round, left to the Judges discretion.

Imo, turning off Pause should be considered. If you need to reset a match, just have a player/team quickly SD.

bajisci

Smash Ace
will definitely be here :3
also

Imo, turning off Pause should be considered. If you need to reset a match, just have a player/team quickly SD.
this pause should REALLY be off especially in super serious sets such as finals ive seen games get paused during ic chain grabs a bunch of times, for example.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Advanced Slob Rules should stay. There's absolutely nothing wrong with counterpicking character on a random stage, and it's something myself and many others have done in multiple tournaments not including PSI.

I also am not sure of a teams ledge grab limit yet. 50 per team sounds reasonable, but I don't want to set it in stone until I get a community opinion.
I love you!

Pikapika got off easy cuz of that rule being mysteriously gone...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Explain this to me. I wasnt there.
During Pound 4 doubles some guy won a set by grabbing the ledge with MK 100+ times, timing out a Puerto Rican team, enraging the Puerto Rican players, resulting in the collapse of the entire Puerto Rican Brawl scene.

Or so I heard.

Btw, hi, Bajisci. Bring Orion and Cyanide.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
During Pound 4 doubles some guy won a set by grabbing the ledge with MK 100+ times, timing out a Puerto Rican team, enraging the Puerto Rican players, resulting in the collapse of the entire Puerto Rican Brawl scene.

Or so I heard.

Btw, hi, Bajisci. Bring Orion and Cyanide.
I'm gonna try to be able to go to this, but as with all things in my life recently that don't involve my making money, it's tentative at the moment.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
lol Doom you better put up that blog that one dude on AIB who was housing for Whobo2 or some shiz.

I remember 1 of the rules was please sit on the toilet when you piss cause no1 had aim. LOLOL.

But in all seriousness I doubt EC peeps is like that / I'll try to come through just to see everyone and have funs.

Max Ketchum

LMFAO.

Any n*ggas who **** up my house are gonna pay. Should put a camera in the bathroom, dawg! No homo.

I haven't had any problems with three tournaments in my house and 5-6 Smashfests...if something does happen, I'll just bust out the attendance lists and find the missing factors.

BY THE WAY:

There's also a GameTable tournament on the Sunday following this. I will be offering housing to a respectable amount of people that show up in case anyone would like to carpool there.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol Doom you better put up that blog that one dude on AIB who was housing for Whobo2 or some shiz.

I remember 1 of the rules was please sit on the toilet when you piss cause no1 had aim. LOLOL.

But in all seriousness I doubt EC peeps is like that / I'll try to come through just to see everyone and have funs.
eff dat shizzzz nugguh my aim is beast let's have a shooting contest RIGHT NOW NAH MEANZ???

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

OH SNAPZ SLEEP OVER AT DOOMS?

*brings my pokemanz PJs and sleeping bag*

and LMFAO papa yes you mad gay son...

YOU'RE ON lol jk
This guy.

He's hilarious.

Top Bottom