• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Frame Data

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
Mario's frame speed on most attacks is good when compared to other characters. The only thing that was not clear was the F.L.U.D.D.'s frame data. This is all frame data on how fast the hitboxes come out. Also, I did not find this so some things might be inaccurate; the frame speed is based on the ratio 1 frame: 1/60 of a second.

Jab: 2 frames

Forward Tilt: 5 frames
Up Tilt: 5 frames
Down Tilt: 7 frames

Dash Attack: 7 frames

Up Smash: 9 frames
Down Smash: 5 frames
Forward Smash: 15 frames

Side B: 12 frames
Neutral B: 14 frames
Down B: ???
Up B: 3 frames

Forward Aerial: 22 frames
Back Aerial: 6 frames
Down Aerial: 5 frames
Up Aerial: 4 frames
Neutral Aerial: 4 frames

NOTE: I think some of this data may be incorrect because I'm almost certain that Mario's Ftilt comes out at least a frame faster than his Dsmash; you guys should really test out Mario's frame speed yourselves.

Source: http://translate.google.com/transla...ranslate_s?hl=en&q=Ike+frame+data&sl=en&tl=ja

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Oh, cool. Thanks! I wish we had total frame data, like attack frames and cooldown frames, but that can wait.

How does one test this, anyway? Do they take a video and look at it frame by frame, or what?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Mario's jab is definetely not have a 2 frame startup. If it did, grab>AAA combo would be possible.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
It is true. Try it out yourself.
It could just be that Mario's grab release is too slow. Anyway, I said that you guys should do the testing yourselves because I don't think the data is completely accurate. But, if you want to make the claim that the data is wrong, the burden of proof is on you.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
....But the japanese version has the same stats when it comes to characters in normal brawl...right? If so, what difference would it make? If the stats were different, that might even cause rare desyncing online, and nintendo wouldnt do that purposely. If they did, they wouldnt allow Japanese versions to cross play with American.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
It could have just been tested wrong; you guys should seriously just test this stuff out yourselves. Again, I'm almost positive that some of this data is incorrect.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
....But the japanese version has the same stats when it comes to characters in normal brawl...right? If so, what difference would it make? If the stats were different, that might even cause rare desyncing online, and nintendo wouldnt do that purposely. If they did, they wouldnt allow Japanese versions to cross play with American.
theres some differences in frames, i've been told, between versions. for example: in american version marth's f air has more lag frames than the japanese.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
*Bump?*

I really wanna test this, but I can't because I don't have a capture card. Anyone know any alternatives?

Top Bottom