• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of a Noob trying to make it big Part 3 - The First Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bing

Smash Master
It felt like forever until my next event, a tournament called “Taking back Saturday’s”, being held in Toronto. It was a pretty solid event. I went in now using Marth and Mario. I had decided due to the amount of times that my fox got ***** at my last smashfest, I wasn’t going to be using him anymore.
We played friendlies for well over 3 hours, that’s when teams had started. I wanted to enter teams, but due to how new I was to the scene, I hadn’t found a real partner yet. I boy named Luigi_Lova62(As made famous by David) was also search for a partner. As you probably could have guessed, he mained Luigi. I mained Mario… A Match made in heaven. He practiced a few games and despite not being the greatest team, we decided this would work, the birth of Team “1-Up”(name was taken from the shirt I was wearing). The doubles tournament began, and it ended just as quickly, we lost both sets to open. But oh well, not bad for a free entry and not expecting to even enter.
The eventual winner of the doubles tournament were RaynFord (Raynex and Unknown522… wow… surprising eh?). Now for the big event, SINGLES! My group had 2 sheiks, and I.B who I’ve never met but I heard he was incredible, which I later found out via youtube, that he is. I lost to both Sheik players, GURU and Dana(listed as Dany). I.B was running late, but he was still put in my pool, top 3 made it out, and he eventually showed after waiting an additional half an hour for him, just to find out he wasn’t even going to play. I was kinda Pissed that we waited that long for nothing but I was happy because I was guaranteed moving out of pools. Now the sad news, even though I made it out of pools, I had to leave to make it home because I had to leave to head back to my real home in the Niagara region. The finals came down to Raynex vs. Unknown522, with Raynex coming out on top.
A quick note before I end this chapter, I had only played Raynex twice before this tournament, and I was actually quite surprised to find out that he actually remembered who I was. He walked in, saw me and was all like “Sup Bing” and it actually meant a lot. (Side note about this, I played Raynex in a few friendlies and I actually hung in there with him, normally taking 2 stocks every match.) So that was my first real tournament experience, I had a lot of phone, met more people than ever. Unfortunately, its been awhile since my last event. This tournament happened in early February, it is now mid March, and my next tournament, happening on March 19th, is still kinda far off. God I miss playing against the locals…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom