• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usefulness of Uair

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Most people use fox's Uair for opponet's above them. This is high priority move as we should already know.

I been thinking and finding ways on how to use the Uair for opponets below us.
This reason being fox is a fast faller and we fall onto them while Uairing would be nice suprise.

One thing I have found most useful is the full jump the shine twice for stall and for getting the correct height then dropping in on them with a uair on a grounded opponent, depending on what you were at when you dropped and the height of your opponent is if your get one hit in or two.

In cases you could use this as a set up at higher precents use the weak hit of the uair to knock the opponent in the air or used the heavy hit of the Uair at lower precents.

I would others ideas or thoughts on this and if can advance it.

Discuss.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea uair has horrible lag if you don't AC it, so uair on a grounded opponent is generally not a good idea.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Probably should have metioned you better hope thier shield is down.

P.S. I've actually seen rookie get away more than 1 time with it on 1 of his most recent vids.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Falling Uair worked great in Melee, and it works decently in Brawl too. If you can get it to cross up, then you should be fine (since you'll autocancel into the back of their shield, and if you're facing away from them, just Utilt, if you're facing toward them, then you have a bevy of options.)

*CT*

Smash Lord
Hm, I've been thinking of interesting moves to use. I did do this a lot in Melee, I'll mess with it later if I remember.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you'll have to wait a couple days to see my ff uair geniousnessness when my fox videos done :veryconfu FF uair is decently useful vs fatties and fastfallers...has follow up at low-mid percents i think if you hit with the 1st hit itll combo into higher %

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I'm in the process of editing TJoe's video, and from what I've seen, I have to say U-air is an excellent cross up. People shield expecting a Dair, and when the first hit doesn't come, they get disorientated.

Top Bottom