• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have I reached my limit? (Texture Hacking)

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
I recently learned about the Gecko OS Texture hacking and I recently put in all the textures I wanted. I was playing with them fine, and then I decided to make CSP's for all of them. I was able to get the CSP's to work for a lot of the characters, but as I started to put more, my wii eventually froze when I would click Group Brawl. I tested and made sure it wasn't a character or certain CSP causing the problem and I came to the conclusion that I am using to many texture hacks at once. Is this the problem or am i doing something wrong?:dizzy: Any help would be appreciated.

*In Alphabetical order I was able to get all characters up to Peach's CSP to work.
*When I put in the pikachu CSP's it began freezing.
*I deleted the pikachu CSP's and put in my Pit CSP's, stil freezing.
*Tried this a few more times with other characters, same thing..
*Took out all the one that were freezing it up so I just had up to Peach, worked fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's possible that one of your portraits is corrupted. Make sure that none of your portraits are corrupted when you run step 2 of CUPASH or else you're very likely to have freezing issues when playing the game.

I have around 55 CSPs stored on my SD card, and my game has not frozen on me yet.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm thinking you've got a corrupted texture or file in there somewhere.
Your game shouldn't freeze just because you have lots of files in there. :/

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
How can I tell if one of my CSP's is corrupted?, and also, will me having an old version of Gecko OS do anything?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I recently learned about the Gecko OS Texture hacking and I recently put in all the textures I wanted. I was playing with them fine, and then I decided to make CSP's for all of them. I was able to get the CSP's to work for a lot of the characters, but as I started to put more, my wii eventually froze when I would click Group Brawl. I tested and made sure it wasn't a character or certain CSP causing the problem and I came to the conclusion that I am using to many texture hacks at once. Is this the problem or am i doing something wrong?:dizzy: Any help would be appreciated.

*In Alphabetical order I was able to get all characters up to Peach's CSP to work.
*When I put in the pikachu CSP's it began freezing.
*I deleted the pikachu CSP's and put in my Pit CSP's, stil freezing.
*Tried this a few more times with other characters, same thing..
*Took out all the one that were freezing it up so I just had up to Peach, worked fine.
1:Either to many hacks at once
2:something is wrong with one of your portraits.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I was having the same problem with my CSPs as well. I have not gotten my CSPs to work, as every time I clicked group Brawl, it would cause the game to freeze (I checked for the extra period flaw in the program, but there were no extra periods to be found in the file names). It went a step further when Step 2 arbitrarily suggested every CSP after Pikachu was deemed "too large", even though they were roughly the same size as the ones that worked and have worked on other CSP sets where I got them from (in fact, most of the ones that I used were from Wolf of Ice's/Wherewolf's CSP. For example, the Shadow CSP worked just beautifully on his CSP, and I used the CSP provided directly by him, however when trying to use his Shadow CSP for my own, Step 2 gave me a "sonic is too big" file. Shadow was the only CSP I had for Sonic). I followed the brief guide that was packaged with the CPUASH program to the letter, and it still did not work.

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
EDIT: NVM, Same problem..something happened...

Wierd thing is ....

I'v been able to see the first half of my CSP's and the second half, but individually...never together.
When i try loading up the all the CSP's at once, my wii freezes and makes a beeping noise when I press group brawl..

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Having the same situation as Thunderhorse, I downloaded Wherewolf's CSP's and they worked perfectly. But when I tried to load my own, freezing and remote throwing occurred... I have checked each one of my files and nothing seems to be wrong with any of them. I'v been working on this all day and I havent been able to find out why.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Having the same situation as Thunderhorse, I downloaded Wherewolf's CSP's and they worked perfectly. But when I tried to load my own, freezing and remote throwing occurred... I have checked each one of my files and nothing seems to be wrong with any of them. I'v been working on this all day and I havent been able to find out why.
That shouldn't be happening if you're using Gecko OS 1.9.0.1, along with the File Replacement v2.1a code.

Make sure that you don't have too many codes activated. Also, the big portraits have to be a size of 128x160 pixels. You also need to index the portraits, but it's recommended that you set the maximum number of colors for the big portraits to 72 or less.

I'm unaware of your problem though, since all of my custom portraits work perfectly whenever I use them.

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
I am using Gecko OS 1.9.0.1 and the File Replacement v2.1a code... My portraits are all the right size and I made sure to set all of them to the 72 index color thing. I really do not know why they aren't working... Iv thrown 13 hours today into these stupid CSP's and I almost feel like giving up...

Smash Apprentice
I was having the same problem with my CSPs as well. I have not gotten my CSPs to work, as every time I clicked group Brawl, it would cause the game to freeze (I checked for the extra period flaw in the program, but there were no extra periods to be found in the file names). It went a step further when Step 2 arbitrarily suggested every CSP after Pikachu was deemed "too large", even though they were roughly the same size as the ones that worked and have worked on other CSP sets where I got them from (in fact, most of the ones that I used were from Wolf of Ice's/Wherewolf's CSP. For example, the Shadow CSP worked just beautifully on his CSP, and I used the CSP provided directly by him, however when trying to use his Shadow CSP for my own, Step 2 gave me a "sonic is too big" file. Shadow was the only CSP I had for Sonic). I followed the brief guide that was packaged with the CPUASH program to the letter, and it still did not work.
I had the same problem but I'm not sure if this solution will help you but I used Adobe Photoshop and I decrease the indexed color of the .tga by like 25 each time until Step 2 finally has no problems with the CSP. Hope that helps.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
could too many csp's have to do with my game slowing down? Characters move at the same rate and everything, but stage animations are slow i.e. takes forever for pirate ship catapult launch, for lava on norfair, for platforms on yoshis, for house to smash on luigis. Ideas?

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I know this is old, but I'm still having this problem with my CSPs. Has anybody experienced this but found the resolution? Rick-E/Thunderhorse+ if you read this have you got your CSPs working?

i dont think i'm running too many codes, i had this problem back when I was just running standard Brawl+ and texture hacks, and I have the code to allow for a **** ton of lines.
It just seems like I hit a limit with how many CSPs I can have, and this is the second time I've tried doing CSPs, and this time was with entirely new pictures.

Also, if anyone wants to take a crack at my CSPs, I have a 2 mb RAR with them all, any help is widely appreciated. Please help!

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I've been working all morning and have discovered that I'm limited to 105 CSPs at this time, and i have 10 different reserve TGAs, none of which are allowed for the 106 spot. There seems to be nothing wrong with the individual CSPs, as I have swapped a few in and they worked just fine.

If anyone knows whats up with that, please make suggestions.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Too much CSP loading can freeze.

Period. It's been proven.

Though, after a few months, my wii settled down and decided not to have a *****fit over loading tons of CSPs. Dunno why.

maybeway36

Smash Rookie
Try reducing the number of colors in your TGAs. It makes the files a lot smaller. I'm not sure if it will help stop freezing, but it might.

Top Bottom