• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hey, runescape used to be an awesome game when Jagex didn't know about all the scamming and cheating and stuff ^_^ But now they've added a kajillion new rules to make the game suck. I used to be snakeking74 lol

Metatitan

Smash Master
Tomorrow, theres a pretty decent tourney, and I have a question, especially Snakeee:

What do I do in the ZSS matchup as Peach? I have a MM with Nick Riddle and I want to do really well!
Turnip OoS punishes just about everything she can do (make sure to glide toss vs side B, as Nick Riddle still uses zss' old style).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I played Runescape back in the day.

But now I play Guild Wars. It's the poor man's WoW, but better imo. :3

I played RS under the name SpookyJaw

I played Flyff for a VERY long time, left it though, it got to money orientated.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Hey, runescape used to be an awesome game when Jagex didn't know about all the scamming and cheating and stuff ^_^ But now they've added a kajillion new rules to make the game suck. I used to be snakeking74 lol
I was Deathdrake9 lol.

I played Runescape back in the day.

But now I play Guild Wars. It's the poor man's WoW, but better imo. :3
Guild wars is awesome. I lost my disk, but im totally getting back into it when guild wars 2 comes out. The trailer for the game looks epiccc!

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I played Guild Wars too... for like a day lol

OMG KILLER JAWS U PLAYED FLYFF??? omg thats so awesome. I actually didn't think anyone here would here about it. I was obsessed over the summer last year, but then it got boring. It was alllll grinding. I had like 7 accounts, and was a master at dual accounting. At one point, I had 5 accounts running on 2 different computers xD

Meno.... what was that?? xD A canary bird will never find a bird if it can't sing? rofl

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Runescape SUCKS. What's Guild Wars? o.o Probably sucks too.

Peach is probably going to end up being my main.

Poor Zelda :( However, Im eternally tied to Zelda because of my username and because shes so sexy so Ill have to dual main them. Low Tier main ftw :3

Snakeee a Peach user now? O.o
Hell no, don't drop Zelda. She needs rep... Peach does too, but not half as bad as Zelda does. I like Zelda ;_; Unfortunately, Peach is waaay better, waaay more fun and I just can't drop her anymore (I've promised the Peach boards to make Peach at least A tier), so I'm stuck to her and can't main Zelda.

tl;dr DONT DROP ZELDA SHE'S NOT (THAT) BAD BUT SHE IS FUUUUN.
P.S: experiment with Lightning Kicks, it works, trust me!

EDIT: Who the **** is Kbizzle, get him out of here. btw, where's King Beef, I miss him!

:052:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tomorrow, theres a pretty decent tourney, and I have a question, especially Snakeee:

What do I do in the ZSS matchup as Peach? I have a MM with Nick Riddle and I want to do really well!
When She starts out with armor parts, Don't worry alot about turnips. Cause you could go to get one and she will hit you in the process with an armor part. Worry about paying attention to her and her armor parts. Also When she has one in her hand, She can not use and Normal attacks, just special ones. Once those parts are out the way, then focus on going about the fight the natural way.

Peach has quicker spacing/pressure than ZZS. Peach Fair has more range then ZSS air attacks but it is not faster. So it becomes a pain to compete with those moves and clap her out of it. it be best not to be floating or in the air so much. This is the best way for her to kill you. It be best not to try to fight with her in the air alot or test her moves. Retreating F-B can also be a problem. But in the air, ZSS is weak from below her. This can be a good time to juggle her and pressure her from there with Glided toss turnips upwards to up-airs or w/e you can hit her with. This gets her good with Stages with Platforms. For this Case, BattleField is my main stage for this girl.

ZSS is not killing Peach early with that whip. That move, I have yet to die early from it unless it is off stage. But that move is not killing me early. Only moves that are killing Peach well are her bair and Fair. And this is usually when or stage or in the air. Peach has more options to kill ZSS better than ZSS has on her.

Grounded would be a better choice to take her on. You can get her well with Short hopped Dairs and Jab-w/e. She can take you on on the ground well too. Quick moves she has on the ground is her jab and uptilt. But with your spacing and evasion, you can avoid both. Your up close combat speed can leave her cornered or not much to do. And her shield will be getting eating or she will be taking lots of hits. And all this can get her in the air, which is good for you if you are able to start your damage under and launch her out of stage. She can also Start her BS if she lands a Dsmash or a N-B. Then get you in the air and Just chain attacks to get you out.

Peach can be all over ZSS with her mix up of jab combos and spacing speed. As well as quick, upclose combat. Her air juggles like getting hit with up-airs and all that crap? Peach players keep trying to test those moves. Just leave it alone and back away. Like I been saying when it comes to DK, wolf and DDD bair. Don't try to test that move and just leave it alone. You do this and it reduces the chances of getting juggled. Just leave it alone and worry about getting back on stage. Not being so aggressive of hitting the enemy while returning.

When She is out the stage, you can edgeguard her well.

If ZSS Is High- Make it rain turnips to snip her and bring her down some. And if she goes above the stage, Glide toss turnips upward to follow her and follow up from there to get her back out.

If ZSS is Mid level- Toss turnips up ward or go out the stage and toss them up then cover the front of you with floated air attacks. But Beware sometimes ZSS can D-B to go over you or hit you if anything. That is why you have that turnip you lancuhed in the air for help/baiting.

If ZSS is below- Peach can actually gimp her. With mixed Z drops and off stage assults. Turnip cancel off the stage and Z drop and grab the ledge when she goes for it. If Her whip Somehow goes for the ledge, the turnip will snipe her from below and then that be your chance to grab it. From above, ZSS does not have good protection from below her. So Make it rain turnips to snipe her from the air and bring her down some. then while he gets in your range to hit her, you time turnip (or turnip bluffs) to air assults and keep her out. Also If ZSS was to use her whip to grab the stage. You can Float next to the ledge and Dair her right when she comes up. Or time a turnip toss downward and just grab the ledge.

ZSS can't deal well with Peach pressure. If you can stay on her, her shield will be eatin or she will be taking damage.

If you are in the air with her, don't do anything. Just pull away from her. Don't bother landing AND trying to attack her. Just pull away while landing.

You can camp her better than she can camp you. Glide tosses from the ground to get close then followed with Jabs help. And you have more ways to approach then she does.

If she is spacing her F-B, have a turnip in hand and powershield it, then glide toss to get close. Then do a jab combo.

If she spaces bairs on your shield over and over, when the bair hits the shield, jump and chase her to a Fair. You can hit her before a bair comes out again

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I played/haven't yet cancelled my account for FFXI :p I still check up on it regularly to see if anything new is coming out, but since I've been playing solo, I don't feel the urge to log on and do things (the same way I would feel being in a linkshell and attending events to maintain my attendance.) Played FFXI hardcore for 5 years, starting in 2004. I started playing dramatically less when the most recent big update had no avatar. 2-3 fanfests talking about the avatar and no delivery really made me wonder why I kept hoping lol :| No avatar delivery, last semester of nursing school, working out, and work kinda limited my play. Now I've gotten to the point where I'm hoping more for FFXIV than the avatar in FFXI. I'll have more time because an actual career is less of a time investment than school, and I only have to keep up with regular exercise, which isn't too bad.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I kinda disagree on the ZZS match-up thing. Theres no way you're getting past side b and dsmash with a ground approach and sh approaches she can predict where you land dsmash and stay out of youre dair with fox trots or walking. Float aproach is amazing because she can't use side b or dsmash, and fair just knocks her out of her aerials. Her oos options vs fair aren't great either. You can't ff during a special move so full jump side b and b are out.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So, I'm still having Lucario trouble, and I have a tournament today.

Every time I float near Lucario, I get fair -> naired Is there anything that out-prioritizes Lucario's aerials?

HOW DO YOU KILL LUCARIO. I cannot fair or bair kill him. His ground mobility is just too much for me to catch him. I can not predict this guy's rolls either (anymore).

For edgeguarding, if Lucario up-b's back onto the stage while you are ledge-hogging, can you punish him? Whats the fastest way onto the stage above 100?

If Lucario is at a higher horizontal level, can you not punish is fair because of dair?

What is the best way to approach Lucario? I usually:
glide-toss -> jab/grab ( I feel way too vulnerable to f-smash or auraball)
fair -> jab. ( I get grabbed too easily. )
dair at his shield (I get fair'ed in the face).

WHAT DO I DO? WADFGGDADFDGD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, I'm still having Lucario trouble, and I have a tournament today.

Every time I float near Lucario, I get fair -> naired Is there anything that out-prioritizes Lucario's aerials?

HOW DO YOU KILL LUCARIO. I cannot fair or bair kill him. His ground mobility is just too much for me to catch him. I can not predict this guy's rolls either (anymore).

For edgeguarding, if Lucario up-b's back onto the stage while you are ledge-hogging, can you punish him? Whats the fastest way onto the stage above 100?

If Lucario is at a higher horizontal level, can you not punish is fair because of dair?

What is the best way to approach Lucario? I usually:
glide-toss -> jab/grab ( I feel way too vulnerable to f-smash or auraball)
fair -> jab. ( I get grabbed too easily. )
dair at his shield (I get fair'ed in the face).

WHAT DO I DO? WADFGGDADFDGD
Camp Lucario. And limt your air battles. He will mostly win thoses and start his combos. if you try going aggressive on him, he will just be rolling away. You can get your hits off but as soon as one of you break free from attacking range, get away from him.

You can take him to the air with good timing but the range on his moves are a lil too much and cover his front/back side. Thats why it is best you to get carried away with air battles to take uneeded damage. Jab combos work for if he wants to roll alot and you have time to react and punish. Or get away from him when he wants to roll then attack.

Dont get to combo happy on him cause they tend to get over you and Dair. And it is a hard move to beat when you are in the air under him. The sides too sometimes but depends on the angle you are too him. If you starting dishing out hits on him and he somehow gets over you try to get a nair on him, if not, just stop and get away from him.

All this is important cause as he takes more hit, he gets stronger, same time it is hard to kill him unless you do awsome edgeguarding. So he has one advantage and gains another as you pound on him. And for the risk of screwing up and dieing early, it is best you try and take the least amount of hits as possible. Cause when it is time to go in to kill him and he is at high %, it gets danagerous. And if you screw up trying to kill him and he hits you, it will hurt.

Don't float too much and short hop moves alot. Lucario has a stupid roll so if you float too much, he has no problem getting away from you and leaving yourself open for a hit.

Glide toss to him to jab pressre/combos. Don't stay in one place for too long, his roll, remember.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
What? Since when was Dsmash and side B a problem for Peach?
if peach is recovering from below the stage with parasol zss' dsmash can and will beat her parasol. even if you go for autosnapping the edge. then that leads to anything zss wants. dsmash also beats side b and that kind of chomps peach's recovery options.

the worst part is if you get dsmashed zss can footstool and sideb onto the ledge and hold on to it with her tether. peach can upb as soon as she is out of footstool animation but cannot grab the ledge. the best thing to do when that's done is just float down with the parasol and try to hit zss with it for a kill but she can upb after getting hit and you'll die no matter what.

nick riddles done it so many times against me its dumb.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if peach is recovering from below the stage with parasol zss' dsmash can and will beat her parasol. even if you go for autosnapping the edge. then that leads to anything zss wants. dsmash also beats side b and that kind of chomps peach's recovery options.

the worst part is if you get dsmashed zss can footstool and sideb onto the ledge and hold on to it with her tether. peach can upb as soon as she is out of footstool animation but cannot grab the ledge. the best thing to do when that's done is just float down with the parasol and try to hit zss with it for a kill but she can upb after getting hit and you'll die no matter what.

nick riddles done it so many times against me its dumb.
There is a way where ZSS can'ttouch you from that move when recovering. First off on all stages, you need to know the lowiest point you can go and then up-B to sweet spot the ledge. When you have figured that out, next thing you wass do is not to recover directly under the stage. When you are at the lowiest point to recover, make sre you are a few feet away from the stage and up-B. Anngle your movement to grab the stage. You do this and she can not Land a Dsmash from your up-B. Peacdhs up-B hit box plays the role and your body is save. Give it a try, and done correctly, she can not hit you with a Dsmash.

Only way you get hit is if you recover directly from under the stage or you lean to it. YI is best for trying this out, send the ledges lean. Be really hard for her to hit you. Harder than usual.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Camp Lucario. And limt your air battles. He will mostly win thoses and start his combos. if you try going aggressive on him, he will just be rolling away. You can get your hits off but as soon as one of you break free from attacking range, get away from him.
So since peach is an air battle character, I would normally try to win air fights, but since Lucario >>>>>> Peach in air, I should stick to ground tactics? I don't know any ground tactics =( what are some?

You can take him to the air with good timing but the range on his moves are a lil too much and cover his front/back side. Thats why it is best you to get carried away with air battles to take uneeded damage. Jab combos work for if he wants to roll alot and you have time to react and punish. Or get away from him when he wants to roll then attack.
So if I see him roll, try to jab where he is rolling to?

Dont get to combo happy on him cause they tend to get over you and Dair. And it is a hard move to beat when you are in the air under him. The sides too sometimes but depends on the angle you are too him. If you starting dishing out hits on him and he somehow gets over you try to get a nair on him, if not, just stop and get away from him.
So I can't beat him from under because, of dair, sides because of bair/fair? Seems like I shouldn't even go aerial lol... Unless I have better spacing than my opponent, which I do.

All this is important cause as he takes more hit, he gets stronger, same time it is hard to kill him unless you do awsome edgeguarding. So he has one advantage and gains another as you pound on him. And for the risk of screwing up and dieing early, it is best you try and take the least amount of hits as possible. Cause when it is time to go in to kill him and he is at high %, it gets danagerous. And if you screw up trying to kill him and he hits you, it will hurt.
I have no idea how do edgeguard a Lucario. Simply edgehogging doesn't work for me. Also, I still have no idea how to land a kill move (what kill moves are there?) on lucario.

Don't float too much and short hop moves alot. Lucario has a stupid roll so if you float too much, he has no problem getting away from you and leaving yourself open for a hit.
Wait, I short hop a lot or not?

And are there no real approaches to Lucario?

And do you know of any peaches that are particularly good against Lucario that I could watch vids of?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
#1- Take fin him on the ground. if you see him going for Fairs or Dairs, leave him Be. You can beat thoses moves with your air attacks, but it is hard, and just end up taking up hits you could have avoided. Glide toss to jabs to start the **** on the ground. if he is close enough to you when he goes for air attacks, Nair him.

#2- Jab him once then shoprt hop dairs, he would usually roll into it. Don't waste double jabbing, gonna leave yourself open. Jab once to w/e pressure game you can start off. They like to roll alot so staying on one spot is bad. If you can predict where he is gonna roll, then to a Jab and scare his ***, then go to the spot he is gonna roll and attack/brag him.

#3 when you get damage off him, run away, dont stay on him for too long causew he is just gonna roll and you are left open. get your hits off and once ether of you break distance, leave him alone and camp. Move in slowly while camping and start the pressre. Repeat till a stock/match is done.

#4- for kill move optoions and how to kill well with Peach, Look at my guide. Edguarding him, set him up with a turnip wall or tosses off stage to snipe him, then time eddge hogs. But don't burn your jump. cause if he makes it back, do the float land trick and grab/attack him. or Float on stage to an air attack. If you float land, just grab him, get damagane and toss him off stage. repeat this proces still he can't make it back or you calp him with a finisher from the ledge.

For info with float land, check out my guide on that.

#5- Short hop your moves. its best to keep up with lucario is he wants to get roll happy, since you are a lol faster than floating and pressure game is a lil better. If he is in the air times turnip tosees or glide tosses to bring him fown. and when you get close, just start the hit and run game.

I can't answer anymore questions, I'm going to bums tourny and wasted some time helping you boys out. but I think it was worth it. I can help others but not myself it seems. Guess that makes up for it. Lets see what happens this time around.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
If you're having trouble with anything (that isn't lasers), use turnips. Seriously!

If you can't get through, force a reaction with turnips. Force something, anything. Even if they sit in their shield, it's advantageous to have their shield go down (and go in for a DAir!) Force them to eventually commit to something, and punish it. Don't sit there in your float, that's awful because people can easily swat you out of it. But if you're always grounded, you keep your defensive options open and your fastest attacks available. Peach has very versatile aerials, but if you're unsure of how to best approach any situation, DONT! :D Make them do it by continuously pelting them with turnips.

If it helps you, think of Diddy fighting a MK. He doesn't use his attacks to directly compete with MK, he makes the MK do something by throwing items. He uses the stun time and the trips to tack on more damage and make space for more bananas. Peach has always had this type of gameplay due to turnips, you just have to start spamming and learning the different situations to use the best follow-up attack.

I played 2 lucarios at pound4 (brawl+ and brawl) and all I can say was that I kept him pinned down so he couldn't really jump and attack me out of my float DAir. So maybe glidetoss to float DAir? Always be ready to shield after your glidetoss though :p Vary your approaches and keep him moving so he cant charge aura, and stay under him so you can UTilt (he will want to DAir you :D). Idk, I never found any particular part of that character overwhelming because he's kinda slow once he attacks, so you can shield everything and OOS attack him.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I've tried turnip camping, with mixed in glide toss -> nair/jab/etc, but Lucario can fair turnips (in the same way marth in melee can). So he charges aura balls while dodging or fairing turnips, and then slowly approaches me, mainly from above with fair, dair, or airdodge -> grab. Turnips don't seem to work well for me, but only against Lucario. Or at least this Lucario. It just seems that any turnip or aerial tactics are completely shut-down. Maybe he is just good, maybe I'm just bad. =/

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hell no, don't drop Zelda. She needs rep... Peach does too, but not half as bad as Zelda does. I like Zelda ;_; Unfortunately, Peach is waaay better, waaay more fun and I just can't drop her anymore (I've promised the Peach boards to make Peach at least A tier), so I'm stuck to her and can't main Zelda.

tl;dr DONT DROP ZELDA SHE'S NOT (THAT) BAD BUT SHE IS FUUUUN.
P.S: experiment with Lightning Kicks, it works, trust me!

EDIT: Who the **** is Kbizzle, get him out of here. btw, where's King Beef, I miss him!

:052:
Im not dropping Zelda O.o I said Im gonna dual main her and Peach lol. I was playing with Zelda last night anyway and I got my mojo back, cus I had been in a slump with.

LK are the ****s, no need to tell me twice ^_^

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Nahhhh

If you auto ledge-grab right it won't come close to hitting. Remember that in Brawl many characters practically teleport to the ledge :p. Personally I'd find the prospect of getting tether gimped much more frightening.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry Corrupted. I've had a loooooot of crap going on :(. Being thorough with that nair stuff would be pretty involved, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it :/.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Played FFXI hardcore for 5 years, starting in 2004.

Is this how you met Becky and Ray? :O

And Frankieee, I may start playing it again...maybe MAYBE idk, Alex keeps wanting to team with me so I feel like I should play so I don't let him down. It's just...Melee gets all my attention lolol.

BTW Praxis is coming to Viridian! I can't wait to meet him :D :D

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry Corrupted. I've had a loooooot of crap going on :(. Being thorough with that nair stuff would be pretty involved, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it :/.
lol np man just playing. Frame data stuff is tedious you're amazing for all the stuff you've done.

And seriously Ankoku that peach is amazing. Would it be okay if I use it as an avatar?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Is this how you met Becky and Ray? :O
Yeahhhh :D Becky and I both joined BG about the same time (same application thread) and I met Ray through ventrilo one day (I specifically remember that day too, I was farming sheep in Beadeaux)

They were like "Nirokun (me) is not a girl" and he was like "No way!"

He lived very close (walking distance) to the university I went to before nursing school, and I visited him and kicked his butt in Melee xD

I've yet to meet Becky though~

Top Bottom