• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

∫unk

Smash Master
I still think Meta should banned.

People need to go and look back at the basics, not just meta's crazy stuff.

Look at his range compared to execution speed. He outranges characters such as Marth, but has the attack speed of someone who would lack a weapon. That's an imbalance right there. You shouldn't be attacking within 3 frames while still outranging the majority of the cast. That's just dumb.

His sword can't clash, thus having REAL priority. You can't just stick something out against this guy because he can hit your hand/leg etc if you do. The concept of zoning him kinda goes out the window right there.

such a stupid character design
thisssssss

snake can get *****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwvpX-TTw_M#t=4m35s

metaknight never gets *****... he just loses lol

edit: were talking good players

please don't counterexample me with some stupid ally vs m2k clip where clearly m2k has the advantage but he decides to be super aggressive anyway

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Almost Legendary I feel that you don't play enough high level snakes to make the assumptions you are making. Snake in fact is a very predictable character and IMO, one of the easiest to bait AND avoid and not just with Marth

If Snake wants to damage you, he has to Grenade, Ftilt, or Grab

If Snake wants to avoid damage, he has to block, or dash away (not used very often for some reason)

Once snake is blocking, he doesn't even HAVE the option of cancelling his shield with a jumping counter attack, meaning he's more than likely exiting that ***** with an f-tilt to the left or right, which he has to commit to and lag during, an up tilt which he has to commit to or lag during, a roll, or a sidestep

I could keep going on with **** about Snake but I am in fact, extremely hungover and just fresh off of the 4th puke of the day. Bile is lovely

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I was actually just going to point out, look at neo, using grammar and ****.

Like Junk said. MK doesn't get *****. He just loses. What's mk's big weakness? Snake's is being off stage or being juggled. Is MK weak off stage? Does he have bad priority? Does he lack range either in the air or on the ground? Is his recovery limited? That's pretty much my biggest beef with mk. His biggest weakness is if you grab him, you get one hit on him from a grab release. Even with that, you still have to grab him.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
thisssssss

snake can get *****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwvpX-TTw_M#t=4m35s

metaknight never gets *****... he just loses lol

edit: were talking good players

please don't counterexample me with some stupid ally vs m2k clip where clearly m2k has the advantage but he decides to be super aggressive anyway
That was type ****.

Almost Legendary I feel that you don't play enough high level snakes to make the assumptions you are making. Snake in fact is a very predictable character and IMO, one of the easiest to bait AND avoid and not just with Marth

If Snake wants to damage you, he has to Grenade, Ftilt, or Grab

If Snake wants to avoid damage, he has to block, or dash away (not used very often for some reason)

Once snake is blocking, he doesn't even HAVE the option of cancelling his shield with a jumping counter attack, meaning he's more than likely exiting that ***** with an f-tilt to the left or right, which he has to commit to and lag during, an up tilt which he has to commit to or lag during, a roll, or a sidestep

I could keep going on with **** about Snake but I am in fact, extremely hungover and just fresh off of the 4th puke of the day. Bile is lovely
You make it sound so simple. I am lacking in high level snake EXP though. But I don't think the snakes I play are like so low of the barrel that my EXP is skewed. I mean they are as good as I can find to play at least online that is.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
That was type ****.

You make it sound so simple. I am lacking in high level snake EXP though. But I don't think the snakes I play are like so low of the barrel that my EXP is skewed. I mean they are as good as I can find to play at least online that is.
So what you're saying is that you're arguing without a base of experience.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I thought we've been over the discussion of why online play is a poor indicator of skill and only useful for learning the basics of matchups and what to look out for.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
His biggest weakness is if you grab him, you get one hit on him from a grab release. Even with that, you still have to grab him.
Actually it pisses me off, because he can give about the same damage with a down throw, as we can give with a grab released fair (not mentioning that our fair is likely to be more stale than his downthrow), and he has a follow up. At least we can kill with grab released DS.

EDIT: Also, our grab release only works on certain stages, where as dthrow obviously works everywhere.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So what you're saying is that you're arguing without a base of experience.
I'm saying I use my EXP, what I see from tourney results and what I see when the matches are being played.

@ankokou that's what I mean, I'm just saying that they aren't like really bad players.

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol wifi snake

ive made 3 stock comebacks on wifi with snake and did nothing but ftilt and fair (forthelulz) the whole time

dont judge any character on wifi

on topic

do do doo do do doo do do do doo doo doo do do do doooooooooooooooo do do do doooooo

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What does the link to your own thread prove?
It's not proof per say, it's a solution. However, it does explain why Ankoku's thread is not statistically valid to track character ability in the metagame, just centralization.

Still, the weakness in the statistical methodology if we're using it to track what you're trying to track (character ability) should be obvious.

If it's not, then using the same methodology, to avoid cardiovascular disease you should take up smoking.

Yes, that was reductio ad absurdem, I disproved the logical validity by applying the same logic to a different situation, it's just bad statistics.

Of course it DOES track useful data, just not the useful data that we wish it tracked.

Basically, you fail statistics forever.

Is it just me, or do alot of you Marth mains have people from Animes on your avatars? :)
Not me, mine's from a video game!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Any Zelda requests? lol

I can play:
Overworld
Song of Time / Complete Song
Serenade of Water \can never remember the proper name and hope that is it / Complete song
Bolero of Fire (I'd need to practice this one, one part is a ***** to do) / complete song
Saria's Song /already up / complete song
Any of the Adult "teleport" songs from OoT / partial songs. (Just the 6-8 notes.. haven't figured out all the endings)
Kakariko Village / complete song

And if you have a specific song not listed, I can try to learn to play it... I love LoZ enough to give it a shot.

Note:
I am a rather nooby guitarist =p so learning may take 1~ week to play enough for me to want to record...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Kakariko Village and, um, what was it called again... Gerudo Desert? That Gerudo something song that plays on Pirate Ship. :)

SuSa

I'll do Kakariko Village after I do Song of Storms (complete) for Tennet.

Gerudo Desert is actually long, and a ***** to play up to speed... I'm really, really rusty at it and only have the first part memorized. :/ So I won't be doing that one for a while....

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Amazing. I'm craving a Zelda game right now, and I just got back from the Snake boards reading a thread where Susa was dominating the conversation. I come back home to the Marth boards and you're talking about Zelda and SuSa is here. LMAO. Marth guides me well.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
BTW did anyone see that Virg only edited my post? He's clearly been adult hugging with a sexy lady

Tennet

Smash Champion
Raz i love you now, and i'm jealous cuz thats a 4 octave and at school we only have a 3.5 octave one D=

SuSa

Top Bottom