• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward momentumless pound????

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Meow, an aib regular and popular jiggz(probably the best in the west coast) discovered a weird pound glitch where u dont move at all while pounding.
its in the last clip of his combo vid(best puff vid ive evar seen)
he plays similar to me and has alot of ground game and mind games, if ur interested
the pound he is not sure how its done but he has duplicated it many times.
this needs testing for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-mhMUgQYA

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It may have some uses because it could be more difficult to punish and it would throw off their spacing.

Maybe it's a backwards wave bounced pound?

no stalling infinitly at the ledge would be sick. no recovery could be made
how could you infinitely stall at the ledge?

PND

Smash Champion
I've done this before, but I was really drunk. I had no idea how I did it, but I had just convinced myself that I had imagined it. This would be an amazing way to punish a dodge or roll.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
That's the best Jiggz player i've seen yet. Lol I think Fair chains better than Bair. I've been trying to play Jiggz too much like she's played in Melee. That canceled pound would make for great mindgames.

PND

Smash Champion
That's the best Jiggz player i've seen yet. Lol I think Fair chains better than Bair. I've been trying to play Jiggz too much like she's played in Melee. That canceled pound would make for great mindgames.
The issue with far is that if you chain it you don't have it for KOs. It's her most consistent KO.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
the forward momentum thingy looks sorta useless but that vid was sick! pulled off stuff i didnt even know was possible o.o. noob question: how do i DACUS? is it the same with snake? cant try it out right now, bros practicing for ELA and dads like guarding the TV with his life >_> lol

rinoH

Smash Lord
that'd be cool if we had a pound stall knida thing for mindgames but in that vid he could have been punished alot to me

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
the forward momentum thingy looks sorta useless but that vid was sick! pulled off stuff i didnt even know was possible o.o. noob question: how do i DACUS? is it the same with snake? cant try it out right now, bros practicing for ELA and dads like guarding the TV with his life >_> lol
The timing is a little off compared to snakes. I still haven't learned it, but that's all I've been practicing for awhile. I have callus sores on my index finger from the z button D:

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I have actually an even more noob question: What is DACUS?! It is refered to as being really good but I have no idea what it is please explain.
Thanks

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I have actually an even more noob question: What is DACUS?! It is refered to as being really good but I have no idea what it is please explain.
Thanks
Quoted for the hundredth time:
I. Boost Smashing
Jigglypuff can boost her U-smash by using by canceling a dash attack with an Up-smash, it is easiest to do if you turn tap jump off and dash diagonally, press down-C and then press A. It should have a sliding and deadly U-smash. Very useful if timed well. If you do a dash attack, you are timing the A too late. If you do a stopped U-smash, you are timing the A too early. You should dash pretty far.
DACUS is also known as a boost smash.

Veril

Frame Savant
AHHHH
AHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHH

<3 EXPLODES FROM HEARING THAT QUESTION SO MANY TIMES!

So yeah, how is this pound actually performed, that's all I really care about. Please someone find this out and tell us. This thread has no useful purpose other than that.

Top Bottom