• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pure Pwnage 2 - Columbus, NE - Nov. 18th!!

Echo

Smash Champion
- PURE PWNAGE 2-
:samus: :ness: bring teh sexy back :ness: :samus:

November 18th, 2006
Columbus, Nebraska, 68601

Thats right kids we're at it once again tearin up the Nebraska tourney scene... last time we had a pretty good showing of people all over Nebraska, alot of newcomers, and alot of people startin to make names for themselves. This time 'round we hope for some out of state support. We also had a real good time with the low tier doubles tourney, which was pretty innovative, so we're going to run that once again. Hope to see y'all there! :O

Entry Fees
-Singles - 10$
-Doubles - 5$ per person. 10$ per team.
-Low Tier Doubles - 1$ per person, 2$ per team.

If time allows, we may possibly do a crew tourney, for 1$ a person, 4 person to a crew. Either that or a Low Tier singles tourney, we'll have a vote for it.

Prizes
For all tournies, a small amount will be takin out of the pot to help pay for the place the tourney will be held. The pot will then be split as such:
First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10% or Money Back, whichever is more.
*Note - Low Tier tournies and/or crews will only reward money back to second place, and 1st place will get the rest. 3rd place has no reward.

Time
-The doors will open at Noon.
-Doubles will begin at 1:00pm, and Singles will follow after.

Columbus, NE, 68601
-If you really need to, you can MapQuest it, its really not too hard to find, the place is called the Eagle's Club or some crap they have wedding receptions there and stuff all the time.
The room is a bit smaller than what I was going for at the start, but its cheaper, meaning more money will be going into the pot for prizes.
-For those of you that remember the last Pure Pwnage... we snuck in some pizza and stuff, but we're not supposed to bring food into the building. So if you plan on bringing anything, let me know so I can bring it in the back door so you arent seen with it >.> Otherwise you'll have to buy something at the bar.

Also, anyone traveling, if anyone wants to head down to my house earlier in the morning before this tourney you can follow me to the location where I will be setting up. I could also house people the night before, but not too many, so first come first serve I guess. My AIM is ssbxecho if you want to get hold of me.

Rules:

Singles Tournament Rules
-Seeding by crew/location.
-The Tournament will be Double Elimination.
-All matches, except for Finals, will be best 2 out of 3. Finals will be best 3 out of 5.
-Banned/Allowed Stages are listed Below.
-All matches will be 4 Stock, with an 8 Minute Time Limit. In the event of a tie in stock, matches will be decided by percentage.
-Items will be turned OFF.

Doubles Tournament Rules

-
Seeding by crew/location.
-The tournament will be Double Elimination.
-All Matches, except for Finals, will be best 2 out of 3. Finals will be best 3 out of 5.
-Banned/Allowed Stages are listed Below.
-All matches will be 4 Stock, with a 10 Minute Time Limit. In the event of a tie in stock, matches will be decided by percentage.
-Team attack will be ON.
-Items will be turned OFF.

Stage & Character Selection

-The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.
-No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
-After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series. The lower seeded player must make their banned stage choice first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be banned.
-After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
-For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Advanced Stage Selection info

-
The following stages will be on random selection for the Singles Tournament: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.
-The Following stages will be on the random selection for the Doubles Tournament: Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, and Dreamland 64.
-In an attempt to make the playable stages more organized, I have seperated them not into what is banned, but what is allowed.
-Stages Playable in the Singles Tournament: Battlefield, Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Pokemon Stadium, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, and Battlefield.
-Stages Playable in the Doubles Tournament: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Brinstar, Onett, Pokemon Stadium, Poke Floats, Final Destination, Dreamland 64.
-The rest of the stages will be completely banned from tournament play.

Other Rules

-Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
-Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

Note: Please BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. If you don't, you better hope you have a friend to lend you one, we aren't responsible for you.

Also, if anyone has any Gamecubes, SSBM Copies, TV's... PLEASE let me know if you would be able to help out. For this tourney to run well, we will need them BADLY. We had a really good turnout last time, so please help out once again if you can.

Uli

Smash Champion
i got the cameraa!! and i beleive me and my friends wil be there, i dont see y not :D btw u havent been on aim latly!

Echo

Smash Champion
gotta atleast bring Murn, unless he plans to drive himself this time...
We'll also have to get hold of david and keith, since they shouldnt have another wedding this time around.

stayin outside wal-mart after this tourney to get a mutha fukkin WII... c'mon you guys know you want to >.>

Echo

Smash Champion
well, I know I wouldnt be able to, for financial purposes not allowing me to travel =/
I might not even make SMYM... i'll have to make sure i get to atleast one wisconsin tourney before brawl lol :p

but anyone else from NE could go :O

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Ill have to look in to that. If we do have a chance to come, then what aboot Pp2?
Oh, and ill be there with ya to wait for the wii :)

Uli

Smash Champion
if we stay to wait for the wii, we are gonna spend the night echo and play some wii sports and pwns u :D

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
u guys should have a pure pwnage 2 wii after party involving a wii sports tournament and a mii character design contest.

Echo

Smash Champion
Still no word from Kansas/Missouri? Thats tough =/
Sounds like schuyler will be kreepn again.
lol as far as Wii's go I guess we're gonna come here and play some Wii Sports or WarioWare or some ****, should be tight.

oh and just like last time i can allow like 5ish people in my house the night before if you want to come play games, i say 5ish because we gotta be HELLA quite while my dad sleeps so like... yeeeeah... could be more if you all STFU.

Uli

Smash Champion
well me and all my friends i think are planning on spending the night after the tourny for a wiifest and play with all ur cool stuff in ur room O.o

Echo

Smash Champion
yeah speaking of which can i get anyone to post in here that is planning to attend, or bring a cube/tv. I'd really like to get an idea.

Also i might buy a capture card and so i can record the matches on a TV or 2 with a VCR, much like Jiano did at the last tourney in St. Louis. It worked really well

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Im comming and with my cube idk about a t.v. i wonder if smash will run smoother on the wii making fountain not lag in teams maybe.

Uli

Smash Champion
xXSlikXx and !!!!!!THE FRO!!!!! will bring there cubes bc they have the cutiest little bags for theirs, george will pry bring his cute little TV

Echo

Smash Champion
good **** mangzzzz so we got omaha and schuyler both kreepn, i'm gonna work on seeing what i can do about kansas

Echo

Smash Champion
I heard Uber Mario is coming to this, thats real good ****.

I dont think i've ever met any smashers from GI, so that could be cool as well.

David and Keith said they should be able to kreep.

Any others from Omaha/Iowa that you can think of?

I mean so far my list looks like this:
-Smeesh
-Mo
-Mike
-Yosh
-Leon
-Uber Mario
-Quen
-Uli
-George
-SliK
-Tgod
-Donato
-Prof
-Maybe some other schuyler dudes
-Maybe some grand island dudes
-Murn
-David
-Keith
-maybe some people that murn knows
And some that people should get a hold of...
?KC/Lawrence
?Any other OOSers
?MajiK
?Spammus
?Lil' Tacoom
?alot more? :/

oh yeah and THE FRO

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im not sure Lil Tacoom can make it if im in GI
Mike, youve met Uriel and Josh from GI
Uriel is the best the town has to offer.

Echo

Smash Champion
oh **** yeah how could i forget i gamed with him quite a bit before that one FFC tourney, uriel is too good.

would he be able to come? I thought he was off doing something with the military?

Big Burn

Smash Lord
hey i am going to come for sure... but there is no way that i would be able to bring shem or shea... they never play anymore mang... i think that there is sometimes false hope like they would play, but trust me its not going to happen... hell they don't even know how to l cancel for god sakes... and even in their prime they wouldn't drive as far as columbus for a tourney...

Echo

Smash Champion
Eagle's Club is trying to krust me the **** out, mangz...

The normal deal was to put 75 dollars down then an extra 75 Dollar deposit for if anything gets broken or doenst get to the way it was, which is why last time we had it all cleaned and everything.

well, i didnt get my 75 dollars last time, which means not only did i go short 75 dollars from last time, but now this time they say i just have to pay another 150 straight up and not 75.... so i dont know what the **** i'm going to do.

i'm going to have to try to find a new venue, because 150 is a big cut from the pot. I honestly dont know where the **** im going to go though... if i cant find anything this might not even happen =/ I'm going to go talk to them tomorrow (saturday). Maybe if I suck enough **** I can get it back to 75$.

Echo

Smash Champion
aight i got the date set on November 18th... and the rent is still gonna be $75. So its all good.

but wtf at smeesh not comin :(...

:(

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
uhh you know what would be awesomely uber sexy koolness...like, if magically the date got set to the 19th.
idk, like, if that would randomly happen coughdomecoughcough, but, it would be neat. :)

Top Bottom