• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs 2: Balls Mandatory Results & Shoutouts

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Singles: 41 people entered

1. Ally - :wario:/:gw:/:falcon: ($205)
2. Holy - :metaknight:/:rob: ($102.5)
3. Kingace - :metaknight:/:snake:/:falco: ($61.5)
4. T.O.Joe - :metaknight: ($20.5)
5. King Kong - :bowser2: ($10.25)
5. Raidos - :popo:/:snake: ($10.25)
7. i1337 - :dk2:
7. Pharaoh - :snake:
9. Tippr - :marth:
9. Tin Man - :rob:/:olimar:
9. Yoh - :samus2:
9. Ray_Kalm - :snake:/:ganondorf:
13. Decoy - :snake:
13. DNS - :dk2:
13. SRTM - :diddy:
13. Kuenzel - :zerosuitsamus:
17. Gi - :warioc:/:olimar:
17. Hollow Corex - :ike:
17. Kenny - :olimar:
17. Terra - :luigi2:/:fox:
17. NVM - :diddy:
17. Crown - :link2:
17. Iliad - :marth:
17. Jasuke - :falcon:/:popo:
25. Marik - :yoshi2:
25. Phiddlesticks - :bowser2:
25. F1ZZ - :lucario:
25. AvariceX - :metaknight:
25. RiddleBox - :peach:
25. Han - :marth:
25. Freeroller - :luigi2:
25. Awesomeolion - :falco:

Doubles: 9 teams entered

1. Ungrateful ***s (Ally + Holy) :snake: + :metaknight:/:rob: ($54 each)
2. Untouchables (King Ace + T.O. Joe) :metaknight:/:snake:/:falco: + :metaknight: ($27 each)
3. Kalm down (Ray_Kalm + Decoy) :snake:/:metaknight: + :metaknight:/:snake: ($9 each)
4. Iron Scrotum (SRTM + Tin Man) :diddy: + :rob:
5. Flaming Blade (Iliad + KingKong) :marth: + :bowser2:
5. Surge (Crown + Yoh) :marth: + :pit:
7. Get back in the kitchen b**** (Terra + NVM) :luigi2: + :diddy:
7. Tippr and Mike (Tippr + Raidos) :marth: + :snake:
9. F1ZZ and Skyler Silver (F1ZZ + Skyler Silver) :random: + :random:

pools:

1st seeders:

Ally
Holy
Kingace
T.O.Joe
Raidos
KingKong
Cruxis
Tippr

2nd seeders:

Iliad
Decoy
Gi
Tin Man
i1337
SRTM
Crown
Kuenzel

3rd seeders:

Ray_Kalm
Phiddlesticks
Kenny
Nvm
Jasuke
Yoh
Terra
DNS

4th seeders:

Han
Marik
Freeroller
F1ZZ
Riddlebox
Aiden
Hallow Corex
AvariceX

Tin Man

Smash Hero
If I messed up on which character you used per event, please let me know and I will change it accordingly.

If u want multiple characters, they will only be added if u won a game (not set) with that character (in the corresponding event)

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!! Didn't show up, but Tinman/Scrotum teamed up called IRON SCROTUM!!! YES!! THE NICKNAME STICKS!!! So proud...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
**** good job everyone and gratzs to Ally!

I'm want to see video recorded. Please >.<

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Just something that I wanted to bring up:

I think something should be done considering coaching during matches. Not to sound like a **** but it is rude when you do it in a middle of a match and the other team/person is getting coached. If you want advice talk to someone before the match like Tin Man did with Gi. But Skyler & I could of won a match against a team (not naming any names) but, they had a top 5 (not naming any names again) helping them throughout the WHOLE set. Do it before a set, not during a set. Again Im not trying to be a **** but something should be done about it.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
lol i got owned xD
can anyone upload a video of me playing?
I want to see myself playing so i can see what i did wrong and stuff -_-

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This thread needs moar shoutouts

Everyone refuses to spell my name right
Sorry :urg:, its fixed now.

Just something that I wanted to bring up:

I think something should be done considering coaching during matches. Not to sound like a **** but it is rude when you do it in a middle of a match and the other team/person is getting coached. If you want advice talk to someone before the match like Tin Man did with Gi. But Skyler & I could of won a match against a team (not naming any names) but, they had a top 5 (not naming any names again) helping them throughout the WHOLE set. Do it before a set, not during a set. Again Im not trying to be a **** but something should be done about it.
I hear u, getting coached before & inbetween matches is fine imo, during matches isnt fine, however we can't exactly stop this, I mean for example, in hype matches (me vs hype :urg:) how the **** can I shut all those people up right?. sorry F1ZZ but its a gentlemen rule.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I didnt know it was illegal to coach at this, cause Gi let's the Troll trashtalk everybody during their sets lol so coaching isn't such a bad thing compared to that right? I was coaching KKong, Terra and NVM in french so I thought It wasn't going to bother you guys much. I won't do it next time I guess, I really wanted my region to place well and this was NVM and Terra first Out of region tournament so they have no tournament experience and I wanted to help them. They still placed pretty good im proud of them. :)
I'm going to do a real shout-out later, fun tournamanent though.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its allowed if trolling is allowed. Seriously, what is it thats so different between that and people just saying "OMG why did you do that, don't do that!" during a hyped match. Either talking is allowed or it isn't, theres no in between possible.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Trash talking makes the other player feel bad about themselves.

Coaching only benefits one person and hurts none.

If trash talking is allowed and encouraged, coaching should be allowed. The other person isn't playing the game for you, they're supporting you. Both sides are on equal grounds here. Nobody's saying you're only allowed to coach one side.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Tin I didn't use Dedede in tourney.

:metaknight:

(Didn't win any games with anyone else -_-)

Also I know firsthand that Terra used some Fox.

SRTM

Smash Ace
1. Ally - Not surprised.
2. Holy - Not surprised
3. Kingace - So you gave in and went metaknight?
4. T.O.Joe - Close pool matches. I've got the metagame in my hands.
5. King Kong - Nice bowser. Good doubles match.
5. Raidos - Too good. Friendlies next time.
7. i1337 - !
7. Pharaoh - Pimpin the DS XL, really wanted to fight you in brackets.
9. Tippr - Didn't play you.
9. Tin Man - ***** by snake/meta
9. Yoh - GG's. I got frustrated by your samus last match. Should've stayed diddy.
9. Ray_Kalm - Snake?! gg's. Very close bracket match.
13. Decoy - Nice seeing you, fun doubles match.
13. DNS - Didn't play you.
13. SRTM - 50/50. Learn how to beat samus.
13. Kuenzel -Didn't play you.
17. Gi - You'll beat him next time! Thanks for hosting.
17. Hollow Corex -??
17. Kenny - ??
17. Terra - Good for your first tourney. Fun doubles.
17. Nevermind - Same as above. Double diddy sucks :p
17. Crown - Killer link. You ever consider using tlink?
17. Iliad - You ****! Keep it up!
17. Jasuke - Played you in melee :p
25. Marik - Dropping yoshi? Fun games in friendlies.
25. Phiddlesticks - You can do better.
25. F1ZZ - Fun friendlies.
25. ceX - You can do waayyyy better than this dude. Keep it up.
25. RiddleBox - Didnt play you.
25. Han - Its your first tourney, dont sweat it.
25. Freeroller - Keep up the luigi, its one of diddys worst matchups.
25. Aidan - Your falco is good man, just need more experience, and you'll be top 10 material.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Lol Iliad shoutouts.

1. Ally - Lol. You beat Holy with cap falcon wtf. LMAO at you trying to pay me for guarding your DS like you've got so much money from tourneys to throw around, too ****ing good.

2. Holy - You lost to Ally's cap falcon wtf. Coaching NVM in our match en Francais, so evil. I'm glad it didn't help, or I woulda been pissed lmao. Come back to more tourneys bro.

3. Kingace - LOOOOL YOUR FALCO IS SO FRAAAAY... What were you thinking betting against Tippr... Good **** on third though bro.

4. T.O.Joe - Everytime we touch, I get this feeling, and everytime we kiss I swear I could fly...

5. King Kong - You were a great doubles partner, and I enjoyed our money match after the brackets. You did very well bro, good ****, and come back anytime, too nice of a guy.

5. Raidos - **** your ****, you don't deserve this 5th place, I do. xD Good **** repping our region. **** GTA.

7. i1337 - I rocked your **** in our seriouslies...LOL. Absolutely phenominal performance, you beat alot of names I would have never expected you to beat, you're definitely U&C after this performance.

7. Pharaoh - If i had ****ing beaten you in pools, I would have been in 5th place. **** you. <3. Raidos is beast, there is only one man (and a few metaknights) who can slay him. Shoulda let the man do his job.

9. Tippr - We're so ****ing back and forth in our matches it's annoying. Next time you're getting *****. GGs, and it's good to see you placing again

9. Tin Man - looool Iron Scrotum was the best teamname ****ing ever. You win. Good doubles, you guys ganked bowser so hard on norfair, it was over before it began.

9. Yoh - Didn't play you, but dayum I heard some sexy **** about your samus. Who the **** is Carter, Yoh is comin up.

9. Ray_Kalm - We shoulda played, I wanted to play you badly. We still haven't met in brackets, and this woulda been the tournament.

13. Decoy - Dayyyuuuum. You lost to beast players nothing to be ashamed of, you did good, and we're teaming at Markham tourney.

13. DNS - Didn't play you, heard good **** about you, come back out to more tourneys.

13. SRTM - We'll get'em next time champ.

13. Kuenzel - **** you. Falco next time xD. You've improved alot, i'm very impressed, and dare I say-- Proud?

17. Gi - We got this bro, no worries straight up. We're beast and we will climb back up from the ashes to retake the reins again. And next time we won't let go of them so easily, ya dig?

17. Hollow Corex - Didn't get to play you, next time.

17. Kenny - Didn't get to play you, heard you were an absolute boss.

17. Terra - GGs in pools. Montreal needs more marth match up practice thats all. You had a legit ROB.

17. Nevermind - GGs in brackets, same as above. One thing that may have helped... You side B for recovery a little too much as diddy. It's easier to punish than falco's side B and Marth already ***** falco's side B. A tip for next time.

17. Crown - Didn't get to play, I want to link ditto you. Badly.

17. Iliad - **** YOU, YOU FILTHY PIECE OF **** GO SUCK A ****, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GOOD FOR. *****.

17. Jasuke - Read the above comment. xD

25. Marik - You made it out of pools! Def best Yoshi in Canada bro LMAO

25. Phiddlesticks - Yeah 25th is def unacceptable for one of Hamilton's finest, you got bracket ***** pretty hard, and your pool was no joke. NExt time, we got dis.

25. F1ZZ - Didn't get to play you, congrats on making it into brackets.

25. ceX - Good **** in pools, sorry Jasuke went climbers on you, i pretty much told him he if didn't 2-0 you, he would be out of brackets, which I'm pretty sure is the truth. Always good to see you competing.

25. RiddleBox - 25th? Wtf you're better than this. Improve scrub.

25. Han - Didn't play you.

25. Freeroller - Didn't play you.

25. Aidan - Epic pools matches. Loool. Falco is SO bad against marth bro. You need to pick up a secondary. Legit falco though heard you gave Pharoah a run for his money.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Trash talking is something that CAN be ignored. Look at Basketball for example: When the away team is shooting a free throw everyone in the stadium evreyone boos them. According to you; trash talking - "makes the other player feel bad about themselves." In the basketball example the people in the stadium make him feel bad, but he ignores it. Therefore no one was affected and this can be applied to smash. When I was watching Pound 4 live stream everyone was chanting "USA" to a European Smasher (forget the name), but the European won the set.

Whereas coaching CLEARLY benefits one group and not the other. Therefore the match is affected.

See my point.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Trash talking is something that CAN be ignored. Look at Basketball for example: When the away team is shooting a free throw everyone in the stadium evreyone boos them. According to you; trash talking - "makes the other player feel bad about themselves." In the basketball example the people in the stadium make him feel bad, but he ignores it. Therefore no one was affected and this can be applied to smash. When I was watching Pound 4 live stream everyone was chanting "USA" to a European Smasher (forget the name), but the European won the set.

Whereas coaching CLEARLY benefits one group and not the other. Therefore the match is affected.

See my point.
Take this example: Justin Wong vs Daigo; Evo 2009

JWong goes Abel in round 1, gets stomped, then everyone starts yelling "Switch, switch!", which is like being coached by the whole room, but is equally impossible to ignore as the "USA, USA" chants.

I've been in a match at Pownz where a few people started cheering for me to get a grab when I was having trouble securing the last kill (and Ness' bthrow would have clenched the match)... in fact that was detrimental because it made my opponent more conscious of the risk of a grab.

The point is where do you draw the line between coaching and cheering? Swordgard is right; either talking is allowed or it isn't.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Take this example: Justin Wong vs Daigo; Evo 2009

JWong goes Abel in round 1, gets stomped, then everyone starts yelling "Switch, switch!", which is like being coached by the whole room, but is equally impossible to ignore as the "USA, USA" chants.

I've been in a match at Pownz where a few people started cheering for me to get a grab when I was having trouble securing the last kill (and Ness' bthrow would have clenched the match)... in fact that was detrimental because it made my opponent more conscious of the risk of a grab.

The point is where do you draw the line between coaching and cheering? Swordgard is right; either talking is allowed or it isn't.
Not even that, my point is that coaching before a match is fine, but not cool when it is during a match. End result Tin Man was right and no one else.

Shoutouts tomorrow.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director

See my point.
I don't see your point, actually, because shouting the name of a country isn't trash talking. That's cheering.

When someone messes up a punish, saying "Oh nice punish brah" is trash talk. When someone does something predictable, saying "read that n**** like a book" is trash talk.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Not even that, my point is that coaching before a match is fine, but not cool when it is during a match. End result Tin Man was right and no one else.

Shoutouts tomorrow.

Then trashtalking is no cool either.

Besides, whats the difference between helping someone before and during a match. TBH, the data is just more actual, but free advice is free advice no matter when its given. Whats the difference if tinman went to ask everyone for advice vs rob before, or if they told him during the match. If you are gonna say "well they can see his paterns in game, which is unfair", you can describe patterns prior to a game too. In the first case, he actually benefits even more since he gets to prepare for it and develop counter tactics.

Trash talking and cheering also affect outcome of matches. I mean did you see how much ontario people troll some quebec players? Heck, you guys have THE troll. So yeah, stop johnning. Coaching was allowed since it was definitely not written anywhere it was disallowed, and other types of talking like trolling, trash talking and hyping are all encouraged.

Stop cherry picking and be consistent.

If your playing the bingo, I think you can fill out one of em spots.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Then trashtalking is no cool either.

Besides, whats the difference between helping someone before and during a match. TBH, the data is just more actual, but free advice is free advice no matter when its given. Whats the difference if tinman went to ask everyone for advice vs rob before, or if they told him during the match. If you are gonna say "well they can see his paterns in game, which is unfair", you can describe patterns prior to a game too. In the first case, he actually benefits even more since he gets to prepare for it and develop counter tactics.

Trash talking and cheering also affect outcome of matches. I mean did you see how much ontario people troll some quebec players? Heck, you guys have THE troll. So yeah, stop johnning. Coaching was allowed since it was definitely not written anywhere it was disallowed, and other types of talking like trolling, trash talking and hyping are all encouraged.

Stop cherry picking and be consistent.

If your playing the bingo, I think you can fill out one of em spots.
When did I john. I said if you read my post "could". The match would of been much closer, but no one knows what the possible outcome could of been. Also don't put words in my mouth when did I say anything about trashtalking not being cool? "Coaching was allowed since it was definitely not written anywhere it was disallowed," lol. I was trying to address it for next tournament. What would be the point of this for a previous tournament.

Were you even at this tournament? I think not.

Anyways, good tournament everyone. Holy you were only helping your peoplez. :)

nickcam

Smash Ace
Looks like the only people that won this weekend are dimmy ryan and fool for going to the barrie tourney and scamming a 360, 5 games, and 2 controllers without having to do any work. ****'s free. Also people complaining about talking now, are you 5 years old and need a bottle while ur playing. Too funny.

swordgard

Smash Hero
When did I john. I said if you read my post "could". The match would of been much closer, but no one knows what the possible outcome could of been. Also don't put words in my mouth when did I say anything about trashtalking not being cool? "Coaching was allowed since it was definitely not written anywhere it was disallowed," lol. I was trying to address it for next tournament. What would be the point of this for a previous tournament.

Were you even at this tournament? I think not.

Anyways, good tournament everyone. Holy you were only helping your peoplez. :)
Then you need to address why its fine to trash talk but not to coach and why its ok to give advice before but not during a match. Me being or not at this tournament does not change anything to the statements you make which are inconsistent. You say its rude to coach but don't even mention trashtalk as being anywhere close to a problem. I explained to you why both are very akin and its either no talking or talking. So no, I was not at this tournament. Doesn't make your point any more valid.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
uhh
lets see.
Gi - didn't get to play him =/ soo sad.
KingAce - I tried playing with you all day but you either had to eat, playing tourney match, or money match -.- We played for few min then you went off somewhere lol.
Ally - you are amazing. All those rumors about you were true. You had crazy *** DI and amazing snake. Even though i could easily tell you were sandbagging against me but hey, i got close to beating you. 120% last stock XD You gave me some tips and advice which helped me a lot. I hope to see you in another tourney.
Tin-Man - Got ***** lol Good R.O.B. as usual.
Tipper - Got *****. Get down. get on the ground! Spiked you like you never been spiked before. D air *****! GET ON THE EFFING GROUND and stay down!
haha jking. Amazing marth ditto and your mind game grab was ridiculous. Some reason, whenever i am at the grabbing the ledge part, it was really hard for me to get back on the stage -.- It was predictable but idk what else i could of done =/
KingKong - amazing bowser. Wow.. holy ****. how can a bowser move ****ing fast? and your gay side B suicide -.- lame! anyway, good game overall.
Fizz - so, you moved to metaknight eh? what an ***. How do you feel to play god of cheap ? jking xD good game man.
130 (forgot the number)- you are the DK player. Dang. good game. amazing Dk and i keep getting owned by your neutral b -.- good mind game.
Olimar player (forgot the name again) - amaizng olimar, good mind game and yeah, i hate olimar.. soo effing gay..

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin I didn't use Dedede in tourney.

:metaknight:

(Didn't win any games with anyone else -_-)

Also I know firsthand that Terra used some Fox.
fixed for u, only updating terra if he won with fox.

uhh
lets see.
Gi - didn't get to play him =/ soo sad.
KingAce - I tried playing with you all day but you either had to eat, playing tourney match, or money match -.- We played for few min then you went off somewhere lol.
Ally - you are amazing. All those rumors about you were true. You had crazy *** DI and amazing snake. Even though i could easily tell you were sandbagging against me but hey, i got close to beating you. 120% last stock XD You gave me some tips and advice which helped me a lot. I hope to see you in another tourney.
Tin-Man - Got ***** lol Good R.O.B. as usual.
Tipper - Got *****. Get down. get on the ground! Spiked you like you never been spiked before. D air *****! GET ON THE EFFING GROUND and stay down!
haha jking. Amazing marth ditto and your mind game grab was ridiculous. Some reason, whenever i am at the grabbing the ledge part, it was really hard for me to get back on the stage -.- It was predictable but idk what else i could of done =/
KingKong - amazing bowser. Wow.. holy ****. how can a bowser move ****ing fast? and your gay side B suicide -.- lame! anyway, good game overall.
Fizz - so, you moved to metaknight eh? what an ***. How do you feel to play god of cheap ? jking xD good game man.
130 (forgot the number)- you are the DK player. Dang. good game. amazing Dk and i keep getting owned by your neutral b -.- good mind game.
Olimar player (forgot the name again) - amaizng olimar, good mind game and yeah, i hate olimar.. soo effing gay..
XD, I love it when u talk lol

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
WOAHHHHHH F1ZZZ you're soo annoying.... You're like 14, and it's like someone pushed you over in the sand pit. And now you're sad about it, so your little childish opinion is biased and fails to see the illegitimacy of your argument. Swordgard is the only one right, and I think/hope that Tinmang was just pitying you. It's either you allow trolling and coaching or neither is allowed. Look at it like a scale. Each pound represents a burden of winning. Lets say on an even match each team holds 5 pounds of burden. My trolling adds 1 pound to one team tipping the scale over to them, giving the other team an unfair advantage. Coaching alleviates the burden of winning by 1 pound, tipping the scales to the other side giving them the advantage. Either way, they both have an equal effect on the match. You think people have the option of ignoring a troll? It's been psychologically proven that no matter how well you can ignore me, the effort put in ignoring me is enough to divide your attention, nevermind if you fail to. Next time get your own coach you little ginger cry baby, not that it would do you any good...

Freeroller

Smash Cadet
fixed for u, only updating terra if he won with fox.
Terra beat CeX with Fox in the losers bracket. At least for the final match of it, which is the only one I saw. I also saw him playing Luigi in the pools briefly against a Falco. My guess is main Luigi 2nd Fox?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
**** YEAH JASON!

You better show some improvement when we play together =D

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
WOAHHHHHH F1ZZZ you're soo annoying.... You're like 14, and it's like someone pushed you over in the sand pit. And now you're sad about it, so your little childish opinion is biased and fails to see the illegitimacy of your argument. Swordgard is the only one right, and I think/hope that Tinmang was just pitying you. It's either you allow trolling and coaching or neither is allowed. Look at it like a scale. Each pound represents a burden of winning. Lets say on an even match each team holds 5 pounds of burden. My trolling adds 1 pound to one team tipping the scale over to them, giving the other team an unfair advantage. Coaching alleviates the burden of winning by 1 pound, tipping the scales to the other side giving them the advantage. Either way, they both have an equal effect on the match. You think people have the option of ignoring a troll? It's been psychologically proven that no matter how well you can ignore me, the effort put in ignoring me is enough to divide your attention, nevermind if you fail to. Next time get your own coach you little ginger cry baby, not that it would do you any good...
Troll > FiZZ.

DONE.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Terra beat CeX with Fox in the losers bracket. At least for the final match of it, which is the only one I saw. I also saw him playing Luigi in the pools briefly against a Falco. My guess is main Luigi 2nd Fox?
yeah...he beat me with Fox, and the videos will be up later today. I wouldn't say he used Fox if he didn't win with Fox (the same way I didn't say I used Ness or Snake, who I did use but didn't win with).

Top Bottom