• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**OFFICIAL** APEX 2010 Setup Thread - WIN A FREE LCD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

This is a thread that I wanted to make for a while. ALL, here are the details I have and what I am willing to do to help those who help me.

At this point thanks to VGBootcamp I have the following

Televisions 40*
Systems 20*

We need 64 full setups for each game. We cannot stress how important it is to have this event run smoothly. Here is my incentive to you.

As you know the big thing with Apex this year is giveaways. We are giving away Art, possibly a DVD, and even sticker sets. The main thing I have been convincing people of is a LCD TV giveaway. Now this is where you come in.

For everyone who brings a setup and keeps it for the ENTIRE duration of the tournament will receive a FREE raffle ticket for the LCD TV giveaway. That’s right! Everyone who brings a Wii, GC, or TV will receive it. Now here are the rules in order to be considered for this.

• You have to post here and announce you are bringing a setup in full detail what you are bringing.
  • You must bring it during the warm up period on Friday at the LATEST. People have a tendency to bring setups without posting. If you do not bring yours within that time frame (obviously I will be reasonable if you call and say you are late but please call do not expect me to be lenient) you will not get a free raffle ticket.
  • You have to leave it for the majority of the tournament. For both events that would be for mostly until the end of Sunday Morning. After that if you leave it that would be great but , if you do not we are well equipped to handle the event.

Now the big thing is that people may be bringing multiple setups. With that being said it is going to be one per player. It is not fair for those only able to bring one Wii or setup to not be able to have a fair chance at winning a LCD because someone else is able to afford multiple Wii's and TV's. This will make it fair for everyone. I urge you all to support the tournament and bring all you can to help.

That being said. Post up everyone let us make APEX 2010 run AMAZING.

List of Equipment:
Updated 5-13-2010

spreadsheet

updated - 7-22-2010

Total

45 Brawl
36 - Melee

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I am bringing 1 Wii with me for Brawl and Brawl+.

<script> var x=document.getElementsByTagName("font"); for(var i=0; i < x.length; i ++){ if(x.innerHTML == "spreadsheet"){ x.innerHTML="<iframe src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aoe9wBd8xJANdE02ZnhSTFpnT29mRzQ3bURvVnd0U1E&single=true&gid=0&output=html' height='650' width='450' frameborder='0' style='border: 0px;'></iframe>"; } } </script>

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
btw no texture hacks. They must be removed before the event starts. If not I'll remove them for you.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
until GPX gives me a count on tvs more tvs the better

we need 128 tvs and 64 melee and 64 brawl to make this work perfectly.

please help us out guys this is a great incentive

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
oh boy I gotta update this but good **** people just step it up some more..

Do not forget to register XD

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I think I'll be able to bring a full Melee setup.

I assume that the security is good if we have to leave the setups there over night, correct?

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll probably bring my wii, and the legendary apex recorder setup, in all its glory.

Tv is a maybe.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
bringing N64 will not count since it is not part of the main tournaments.

only melee and brawl equipment.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say this, but I won't be able to bring any setups... I can only make it for Friday

M@v

Subarashii!
Wait, we have to leave our setups in the venue overnight? We can't leave with it and come back the next day with it? I can see leaving the TVs, but I don't want to leave my wii overnight. Too easy to steal. Also for practice between days.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i know the 64 tourney is pending and not one of the main events or anything, but i can bring at least 2 setups, possibly three and I know a few others who have said they can definitely bring a system or two. Who should i contact about this? I really want this 64 tournament to happen and not canceled due to lack of setups/awareness.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i counted with people posting and my tvs we have about 63 tvs .

we need MORE tvs and MORE wiis/GC please help out guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom