• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BATTLE FOR THE SOUTH II - New Orleans LA 08-07-2010

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
edit: Pre-Registration ends Wednesday. To clarify, you will not be able to pre-register on Wednesday. However we are changing the equipment policy slightly. On Wednesday night I will release a list of equipment we still need for the event and will be giving the equipment refund on a first come first serve basis.

BATTLE FOR THE SOUTH II - New Orleans LA 08-07-2010

With the blessing of Vegita-X aka IFC Zangief aka Pat we present
Saturday Aug. 7, 2010
BATTLE FOR THE SOUTH II
YEAH, WE BROUGHT IT BACK.

Crowne Plaza
2829 Williams Boulevard
Kenner, LA 70062
Google Map Link
Room Rate for Battle for the South: $99.00

Registration 10 am – 12 pm. Brackets will be made from 12 pm – 1 pm. Be there on time because if we don’t know you’re late and you’re not pre-registered we will not put you into the brackets. Regardless of pre-registration we will not hold the tournament up waiting for your match regardless. Please contact us if there is some difficulty with your travel arrangements. Don’t contact us if you were too lazy to leave on time, we have a tight schedule and can’t be delaying tournaments.

Games (Start times are tentative and subject to change based on people signed up):
Super Street Fighter 4 (X-Box 360) Start-Time: 3 pm
2 out of 3 Rounds
2 out of 3 Matches
3 out of 5 Matches All Finals

Tekken 6 (PS3) Start-Time: 1 pm
3 out of 5 Rounds
2 out of 3 Matches

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) Start-Time: 2 pm
2 out of 3 Rounds
2 out of 3 Matches
All console exclusive characters (Mu 12, Makoto, etc.) will be allowed in the tournament

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast, potential PS3 and X-Box 360 casual) Start-Time: 3 pm
2 out of 3 Matches
No Game Breaking Glitches

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (Wii) Start-Time: 1 pm
Rules (coming once we receive them from the Smash organizer)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: UAS (Wii) Start-Time: 2 pm
2 out of 3 Matches
No Game Breaking Glitches

Venue Fee:
$15 at the door

$10 Paypal Pre-Registration, see web-site below.

$5 discount if you bring a System or TV to the event. You must pre-register and the message section of your PayPal pre-registration must contain the following information:

* If TV/monitor - must provide the size, inputs/outputs, make and model (for HD set-ups, must provide proof of low input lag),
* If system - what system, a list of completely unlocked (characters) games on the system and what games you will be bringing.

If we decide to use any of your equipment, the money will be refunded to you upon arrival at the tournament with set-up. We will accept e-mails if you already pre-registered and are able to bring a set-up after the fact. If your set-up is definitely not needed we will do our best to inform you before the tournament via e-mail. We will welcome any equipment regardless and depending on shortages some discounts may be offered to those who didn’t pre-register.

$1 for non-tournament entrant casuals. This cost is to cover the cost of a badge. The badges are in place for security purposes. No equipment will be allowed to leave the venue without a matching badge.

Tournament Entry Fee:
All tournaments are $10 entry.

Payout:
70% - 1st Place
20% - 2nd Place
10% - 3rd Place

Potential Stream

Disclaimers:
Tournaments with less than 8 entrants will be canceled and your entry money will be refunded to you.
Side tournaments are always welcome. With the knowledge if you decide to run a side tournament you take full responsibility for the tournament. In addition the side tournament cannot interfere with main tournament set-ups.

Money Matches:
Money matches are welcome, in fact encouraged. Please let us know and we’ll look into getting it up on the big screen $20 minimum with higher priced matches taking priority. Post up here and we’ll add it to the list.

Contacts:
Kakitajamie (aka Brad)
KenmastersX (aka Stone)
battleforthesouth@gmail.com
Fan us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Battle-for-the-South/111101652251325
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BFTS
Web-site (Pre-registration and general info): www.battleforthesouth.com
youtube page: www.youtube.com/user/battleforthesouth

Mirrors of this post:
shoryuken: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=233324&p=8777134#post8777134
dustloop: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=616476#post616476
tekken zaibatsu: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4153299

Avatars: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/shinjuko/BTFSAVATAR1.gif

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
Are we using LA's official rules or MLG rules?
This will be up to the local players for what type of rules you guys want. Last thing we need is tourney rules that won't get a turnout. :)

That said please let me know through pms or through this thread on what type of rules you guys want, the rest of the staff are barely knowledgeable in Smash.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
Update:
We'll be using MLG rules for the smash tournament format, unless popular demand says otherwise. :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271261

Also, our website is up now. www.battleforthesouth.com

And for the few people who didn't know, there's a youtube page. It's mainly Super Street Fighter 4 stuff though, with like 4 matches of Tekken 6. :p If I somehow get around to recording the other games featured for the tournament, I'll be updating the youtube with it.

Get hype, less than two months away!

Curlz

Smash Lord
I added this to the Original Post in the LA thread.

I like the idea for MLG's ruleset. You could use the rules on the OP of the LA Thread if enough people want it that way. Otherwise, keep it. :]

Also, the payout for Smash is normally 60/30/10 over 70/20/10.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
I added this to the Original Post in the LA thread.

I like the idea for MLG's ruleset. You could use the rules on the OP of the LA Thread if enough people want it that way. Otherwise, keep it. :]

Also, the payout for Smash is normally 60/30/10 over 70/20/10.
Ah, thanks for the input. I'll talk to Brad about changing the pot payout, but it shouldn't be a big problem if that's the norm. We're kinda playing a lot of it by ear. :x

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Might be able to make this. I'll have to check and see how long I'll be in Louisiana before I have to head back to Austin.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
One quick reminder, pre registration for Battle for the South will be ending on August 4th so if you want to save 5 bucks (lol) preregister on the website! Also, we will definitely need CRTs and Wii setups for Brawl, anyone who brings a tv and/or system with all characters unlocked that we use for the tourney we'll take another 5 off of registration! Please help us out and make this tournament one of the biggest in the state!

edit: First post edited for the slight change to Blazblue rules, Makoto allowed!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I've just been told there will be a live stream for this event. I can't guarantee how much time Brawl will get, if any, but for you fighting game fans, it'll be worth it. Link will be up soon.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I can't wait for this. WHO IS GONNA WIN!?!?!?!?!??!?

Remember guys, if you pre-reg, your get $5 off the venue fee, and if you bring a system and/or TV, that's ANOTHER $5 off. PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS WEDNESDAY! TWO DAYS FROM NOW!

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
As quoted from Brad/kakitajamie:

As a update/detailed reminder:

Pre-Registration ends Wednesday. To clarify, you will not be able to pre-register on Wednesday. However we are changing the equipment policy slightly. On Wednesday night I will release a list of equipment we still need for the event and will be giving the equipment refund on a first come first serve basis.
tl;dr is that there's actually only 26 hours before the deadline, aka tomorrow at midnight. Sorry for not being clearer, this was a last minute decision due to some factors we couldn't control. Please pre-register, and if you can bring equipment it'd help us out!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Will the BBR 3.0 rules be in place for this?

I'm mainly concerned whether or not a win via Bowsercide will be determined via port.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Will the BBR 3.0 rules be in place for this?

I'm mainly concerned whether or not a win via Bowsercide will be determined via port.
lolbowsah

i just want to be able to plank all day with metaknight.

kenmastersX

Smash Rookie
It was announced MLG ruleset for over a month or so, it'll stay that way. :)

I expect everyone to watch over and enforce it, I'll try to have a rulesheet printed out so that people can reference it.

Top Bottom