• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fine art, the C4 way

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i really like #2 and #4. i checked out your deviant art--that dragon! --on what with marker? ==hot.

you just used markers on these?

the strokes really flow into the skin with #4, like shadows and it provides a sense of depth imo. im not sure of what you used, but i love the concept, good execution, too.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I made this when I was watching Toonami, and when Funimation was first Dubbing dbz and Trunks was first introduced. that episode was Sick! I was 15 or 14

This is my most Finest drawing so far but that will be changing in a couple of days

And of course this one, I'm sending it out to get printed asaic. OK?! NUFF SAID! FALCO BRAWL, MELEE MARTH! ALL DAY

And this one is just cute, i mean look at her! Dignified Princess is what I call this

Geist

Smash Master
i loled at the m2 one
good stuff man

Also don't want to nitpick but the metaknight one is missing the 'h' in 'knightmare'

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, that pic is not even a rough comp. The rough comp is going to have completely different lettering + shading of meta-knight than what is shown there. Also spelling will be fixed :)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
i could just barely see the sketches behind daisy--nice finishing but i was intrigued by the one where she seems shy, with her hand in front of her face.

bc you transform people into pokemon/ssb characters, i was wondering if you could help me.
im wanting to get a new tat of a cat but in lucario form on one leg, and a tat of a cat in pikachu form on the other; i draw/paint but cant seem to get what i want on paper. if i send you a pic of what i have so far, critique with advice? i havent approached the tat shop bc i want to see if i can create a decent sketch to get my view across first. plus i wanta see if i can do it.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
i could just barely see the sketches behind daisy--nice finishing but i was intrigued by the one where she seems shy, with her hand in front of her face.

bc you transform people into pokemon/ssb characters, i was wondering if you could help me.
im wanting to get a new tat of a cat but in lucario form on one leg, and a tat of a cat in pikachu form on the other; i draw/paint but cant seem to get what i want on paper. if i send you a pic of what i have so far, critique with advice? i havent approached the tat shop bc i want to see if i can create a decent sketch to get my view across first. plus i wanta see if i can do it.
Execution is really important, and is one of the most creative things todo. What I would first do is study the actual anatomy of a cat. Where it's paws would be, so on and so forth. Once that's done, it's pretty much a battle between if you want it to look more like a cat or a pokemon (which in this case I would consider the cat being the main study and working point).

So I'll definitely help you out there, but in the mean time think about how you would want both cats too look like. Would you want to have symmetry? or are you aiming for different legs, different perspective, not looking the same but you can tell that there both cats.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
well, i have a lot to think about, bc ive only been drawing real cats and adorable cats(cartoonish) in the same positions.

i thought i just wanted them to both be facing forward, sitting straight on. so when you see them, they look like theyre lookin at you...lol.

but rt now im recognsidering things. let me start some new pics and ill post them; finals this week so it might take a min. :)

btw- you are a guy or girl?
im a girl, well, woman.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unless I'm told so, I usually assume all who post is male. I'm under the impressions most women find the internet not worth their time.

Anyway, I feel most of your stuff that's abstract and has no real recognizable form is your best. Some attention getting stuff. Then you have your falco drawings and others that have the human figure, and those are . . . meh.

Not trying to be insulting, though. The one that drew my eye was the woman's head and roses. I think those are roses.

UberMario

Smash Master
The highly-detailed Falco and the glasses-clad Mewtwo are my favorites, great job! :)

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all, and yes, most of this stuff is not even scratching the surface of what I can really do.

just made this lol

neous

Smash Journeyman
nice inks on the black and whites. particularly on the cross/heart/wings piece.
nice colors on the lady with flowers in her hair.
style is really cool and really pretty, like candy for my eyes.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
YES!!! now do Juri!!!!!!!!

Blanka's face and mouth look really good.

@wombat
wut? why did you post a pic of an asian catholic(?)?

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Falco Tutorial

These are project I did starting in 09' with a final colored piece I just finished today

This is one of my most favorite pieces and im glad i colored it with marker and not Photoshop, but I will be doing the background with photoshop.:chuckle:

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I had the honor of having that Falco Pic retouched by a fellow DA artist

Commando Falco
**** your Big Beaks and small *****

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Love it <3 Really great. But now that kLub pointed it out, Falco's beak is lookin a little small, BUT I love it!

Top Bottom