• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 3: The Finale | Markham, Ontario, Canada | June 26th, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man & Asian_Alvin Proudly Present:

Brewin up some Brawl 3:
The Finale D=

A trilogy to remember for a long time to come :bee:

Featuring:

Super Smash Bros Brawl (main event)
Brawl+ (side event)
Super Street Fighter 4 (side event)
Rock-Paper-Scissors (side event)

Venue: Coffee Time
Address: 7170 Warden Avenue, Unit 27
Main Intersection: Warden & Steeles
Where: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, June 26th, 2010

Prices

Venue fee: $5

Brawl:

Singles: $15
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Brawl+:

Singles: $5

Super Street Fighter 4:

Singles: $5

Rock-Paper-Scissors:
Singles: $1

Payouts for Brawl Singles, Brawl doubles, and Brawl+ Singles: (depends on entrants)

If entrants are 24 or lower, pay out top 3

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 55%
4th Place: 5%

If entrants are 33 - 48, pay out top 6

1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 2.5% (x2)

If entrants are 49 or higher, pay out top 8

1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
5th Place: 3%(x2)
7h Place: 2% (x2)

Payouts for Super Street Fighter 4:

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%

Payouts for Rock-Paper-Scissors:

1st Place: 60%
3rd Place: 10% (AKA bus fare :p)

Schedule:

9 am -12 am

9 am: Doors open
9:30 am: Registration begins
10:30 am: Events begin
10:30 am: RPS Begins
11 am: Doubles Begins
Brawl + will begin whenever 5ive is ready
Super Street Fighter 4 will begin whenever sswizzbbeatss is ready
Brawl singles will begin ASAP

Directions from TTC transit:

1) From finch station, take the 53 east (any letter should work), then get off at Warden street. Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

2) The 68 bus goes along warden. Get of at Steeles (there should be a Wendy's right in front of you, you can't miss it unless your a complete & total dip****).Walk north for 5 minutes until you see the Coffee Time sign from the street (there are pics below)

Directions from Viva transit:

1) Get off of the Viva green at Dennison street. You will be right there. Just walk west along Dennison street then make a left at the 1st intersection. You will see the venue.

Food:

THERE IS FOOD AT THE VENUE. BUY STUFF FROM THEM

Alternate food options:

Walk 5 minutes south to Warden & Steeles intersection. At the north, west corner of the intersection, there are plenty of food places (Subway, Wendy's, Kelsy's, Boston Pizza, T&T supermarket, & a bunch of other asian ****)

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

General rules, SBR certified (Brawl+ changes in bracket):

-3(4) Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Team attack on
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned. Planking is not allowed.
-DDD's Sanding & walking infinite are not allowed.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
-35 LEDGE GRAB LIMIT. If a player surpasses the limit and the timer runs out, the player who surpassed the limit automatically loses regardless of stock or percent. If both players surpass the limit and the timer runs out, the player who will win is determined by 1st stock and then percentage.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List (Brawl)

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:

Everything else.

Stage List (Brawl+)

Starter:

Final D
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Warioware (singles only)
SSE Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pictochat+
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege+ (singles only)
Luigi's Mansion+ (doubles only)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+

Banned:

Everything else.​

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock 2 minute match will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. If Bowser's suicide klaw, Ganondorf's flame choke, Kirby's swallow, DDD's swallow, Diddy's monkey flip, or Wario's bite is the cause of both players dying on their final stock, the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Super Street Fighter 4

Conditions:

-You have to be in at least 1 brawl/+ event
-24 man cap

General rules:

-Maps are picked upon agreement
-Players say their character than pick ultras based of that NO COUNTER PICKING ULTRA'S
-Example is: Seth Ultra 2 vs Chun Ultra 2, Seth Loses so he picks Ultra 1, CHUN CAN'T -PICK ultra 1 to punish seth's Ult 1
-ABSOLUTELY NO COLOR 12
-But u can counter pick characters of course

Rock-Paper-Scissors!

General rules:

-3 fist shakes and then you select an option
-All rounds with the exception of winner finals, loser finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 (finals rounds may be best of 5 or 7)
-To help with synchronization between both players, shouting out "Rock-Paper-Scissors-Shoot" is recommended
-In the result of a tie, redo the specific match until a winner is decided.
-It is also recommended that both players pause after they select either rock, paper or scissors to allow both players to clearly verify a winner
-If a player fails to select either rock, paper or scissors (and uses some unknown hand symbol), or they switch their selection after already choosing, they lose the match. If both players do this, it will act as a tie and both players must redo the match.

GOOGLE MAPS

From Gi's venue to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.326353&sspn=0.023747,0.055747&ie=UTF8&z=13

From Pacific mall to this venue:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sour...79.298585&sspn=0.095036,0.222988&ie=UTF8&z=16

Staff:

Tin Man (Brawl TO)
Asian_Alvin (Venue Owner's Son)
5ive (Brawl+ TO)
sswizzbbeatss (Super Street Fighter 4 TO)

A request to all you good people of the community.

PLEASE HELP BRING STUFF >:^D

Wii + Brawl:

Tin Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x1)
Fashoomp (x1)
Mikey (x1)
Holy Nightmare (x1)
Toronto Joe (x1)
Pho (x1)
SRTM (x1)
Han (maybe)
-Citrus (x1) (maybe)

Total Wii + Brawl count = 8 (10)

Wii + Brawl+:

sswizzbbeatss (x1)
F1ZZ (x1)
5ive (x1)

Total Wii + Brawl+ count = 3 (3)

XBOX 360 + SSF4:

Asian_Alvin (x1)
sswizzbbeatss (x1)

Total XBOX 360 + SSF4 count = 2 (2)
(This tourney will not be accepting anymore of these setups)

GOOD TVs:

Tin_Man (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x2)
Fashoomp (x1)
Toronto Joe (x2)
F1ZZ (x1)
5ive (x1)
-Citrus (x1) (maybe)

Total GOOD TV count = 8 (9)

LCD TVs:

F1ZZ (x1)
5ive (x1)
Asian_Alvin (x1)
sswizzbbeatss (x1)

Total LCD TV count = 4 (4)

Extension Cords/Power Bars:

Tin Man (multiple)
Asian_Alvin (multiple)

Recording Stations:

Tin Man (x1)

Livestream:

NekoNekoXD (x1)

Attendance List:
  1. Tin Man
  2. HolyNightmare
  3. Marik
  4. 5ive
  5. Pro Ganon
  6. Inle~Orichas
  7. Gichan
  8. F1ZZ
  9. Freeroller (maybe)
  10. Fashoomp
  11. Han
  12. Pro Ganon's Friend 1 (maybe)
  13. Pro Ganon's Friend 2 (maybe)
  14. Pro Ganon's Friend 3 (maybe)
  15. Pro Ganon's Friend 4 (maybe)
  16. Hells
  17. sswizzbbeatss
  18. DarkISDA
  19. GUARD
  20. Gichan
  21. XxHollowCorexX
  22. LooftWaffles
  23. Swordgard
  24. Eugene
  25. Rikana
  26. SkylerSilver
  27. SRTM
  28. Hype
  29. HAMnEGGS (maybe)
  30. T.O. Joe
  31. Ray_Kalm
  32. Dimmy
  33. Logan
  34. Runawayfire
  35. Mikey
  36. KingAce
  37. Shifu (maybe)
  38. -Citrus (maybe)
  39. SilverDoc~
  40. Pho

Attendance count = 32 (40)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
LOL DSi Pics

Inside the venue

Who needs outside food when its right in front of u?

Tin Man & Asian_Alvin

Outside the venue

Asian driving lol

Drive-by shooting :p

Look for dis sign (view from north side of the sign)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Will probably come, giving Brawl another shot.

Going pure Snake, though. I think it's in shape now.

Tinaye, why does this have to be the finale?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
whatever happened to the MK ban lol
Not gon happen. the same ppl will be seeded as better players, and therefore the same ppl will show up on top. An MK banned tourney is stupid imo, unless it is SBR certified

Ssfiv better be there and I'll show up. Actually regardless I HAVE to show up I failed tin twice already
Well there was a tourney last time but you didn't come...
This time, the ssfIV tourney will be a 24 man cap, and only ppl who have entered at least 1 brawl related event will be allowed to play in the ssfIV toruney.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Not gon happen. the same ppl will be seeded as better players, and therefore the same ppl will show up on top. An MK banned tourney is stupid imo, unless it is SBR certified

This time, the ssfIV tourney will be a 24 man cap, and only ppl who have entered at least 1 brawl related event will be allowed to play in the ssfIV toruney.
Agreed^ Cause remember this is a smash site therefore Smash>SSF4, If you do really want to go to SSF4 Tourneys go sign up at www.shoryuken.com.

Don't Understand why it has to be a 24man cap?
Not saying we'll even hit 24 but yea?

Sign me up will have a wii with brawl+ and a tv for ssf4.

LOL if 5ive goes to cuba he'll be a blinking wannabe black boy.
Hes so dark for a philly, Darker than uh hollowcore (Not saying hollowcore is dark)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I really need to get to some casuals.

As in, free get-togethers.

Why don't Brawl people have these?
Oh wait, they do. They're just not in Brampton.

Confirm me as a no. I also retract what I said before about any level of ability at this game. As I posted in Tactical recently, I actually know jack ****.
At the time, I thought I knew at least ****. I was not talking **** just to **** talk, please believe me.

My apologies for the bull**** nevertheless.

The sad thing is all that... not money, but time wasted losing games with Ganon. Why didn't I get beat hard and 3stocked more? is the question.

Until I can get as many games offline in friendlies as guys who can see each other all the time thanks to locality, I won't be putting my money in pots anymore. I don't have enough of it, and while my mains are awesome to put to the plate, "just" losing with them is not fun.
(Actually, the killer for me is venue fees. It makes me broke 50% faster than pot entry, of course.)

han, take my advice and do the same. If you haven't answered Luigi Cyclone yet, you gotta train harder before contending in pools.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
i still need confirmation for a spot in the car but i should be there.
also MM tinman 5$ tl vs rob. FU sg i got this

nvm

Smash Apprentice
probably going but Tin Man, end this **** before 10pm AND Top32 not 16.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
done wasting my money on brawl. needz moar melee.
UNACCEPTABLE >:[

melee will probably happen the week before. Now keep all melee discussion out of this thread.

good man!
I might attend but this time, i might just attend for brawl+ lol
Maybe brawl single if i have balls but last tourney, i got pool ***** -_-
U did not get pool *****, you got ***** by your pool. There is a difference. Saying you got pool ***** means tha its the TO's fault for ur poor perfomrance, which it isn't. It is ur fault. Step it up, come to the next one and show em what u got. Don't quit after 1 outing.

Don't Understand why it has to be a 24man cap?
Not saying we'll even hit 24 but yea?

Sign me up will have a wii with brawl+ and a tv for ssf4.

LOL if 5ive goes to cuba he'll be a blinking wannabe black boy.
Hes so dark for a philly, Darker than uh hollowcore (Not saying hollowcore is dark)
It has to be a 24 man cap because it is a side event. It is a completely different game, and this event is meant for ppl in the brawl community who enjoy street fighter. I don't want this event getting big, because it would cause interference issues. I'm being generous enough officially allowing this.

Btw, I am planning on bringing 3-4 people along with me to this thing as well.
I really like you :bee:

I agree especially with the Bolded part, that was really stupid last time. Me and Swordgard are going to make sure people are playing their matches.
Why does it have to be top 32?

And I'll try to finish this thing considerably faster. I'm still new to this TOing thing, I'm still working out the kinks.

Tinman make a ssf4 part in your OP plox
put my name it in also i wanna be cool
Done lol. Also, can you get me a SSF4 rule set so i can add it to the OP.

Also, if 5ive can't make it to this tourney, can you host Brawl+ for me. It's only Brawl+ singles this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Street fighter 4 has been officially confirmed. sswizzbbeatss will be hosting it. $2 entry fee. 24 man cap. Entry will only be granted to those who have entered at least 1 brawl related event (Brawl singles, Brawl doubles, Brawl+ singles)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman

agreed.lol btw nvm, I`ll tri not to be sooooooo gay next time. always a pleasure to see you.

I WOULD LOVE TO COME TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pho

Smash Journeyman
2$ for SSF4 is freaking chump change. Man up people! Make it 5$ so my Chun-Li will have a good reason **** you.

Other than that, a 3+ hour delay from pools to brackets is insane... Take a note from "Prepare Yourself" and don't do it again.

Top Bottom