• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Hitbubble PSA

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Video

Download

Official Thread

All credit goes to AMKalmar. On a side note, desynchs on wifi.

Pictures:

Reduced to shorten page.
Original Post:
Teh Falcon Hit Bubbles :falcon:

Ground Moves:
Neutral A -
First Jab - Good ol jab with its decent range

Second Jab - The second jab extends further than the first

Gentlemen - Falcon delivers a knee which goes farther than the second jab. However the hit bubble does decrease after the initial strike.

MultiJab - "lol does it even have range?" - Snake

FTilt -
Falcon's f-tilt delivers good range for those "gtfo" moments. I forgot to get the other 2 f-tilts.

DTilt -
Falcon does his smexy pose for Snake. Snake can't handle the manliness.
The hit bubble does extend to his back hand and offers good range but at the cost of its speed.

UTilt -
Falcon's disjointed u-tilt offers great range and killing power.

FSmash -
F-Smash provides Falcon with a boost to compensate for the poor hit bubble. Great killing power but slow.

DSmash -
First Hit - Falcon covers his front with a barrage of hit-bubbles. I assume the bottom hit-bubble is the one that can combo with the second hit.

Second Hit -

USmash -
First Hit - Kind of disjointed at the bottom but nothing too noticeable. The first hit also attracts opponents into Falcon.

Second Hit - The second hit provides the killing power but lacks the size of the first hit.

Dash Attack -
Falcon running over helpless foes. His hit bubble does shrink after the initial attack.

Aerials:
NAir -
First Hit - The move responsible for many awesome combos.

Second Hit - Provides the knock back and is tilted upwards rather than straight as the first one.

Knee of Justice -
Sweetspot - Very strict in timing but worth the risk. The sweetspot covers his kneecap with parts of his leg. The bigger hit box is a flub.

Flub - Falcon got a bigger bubble but has very weak knock back.

BAir -
Tilted downwards which kind of surprised me. I'm not sure if it has a small sweetspot hit bubble like the Knee of Justice.

DAir -
The hit bubble extends a bit below Falcon's feet to allow Falcon a limited ability to spike through platforms.

UAir -
Falcon's best move covering a good 180 degrees over him that can also strike opponents in front and back. I'm not sure if its a bit disjointed or not.

Specials:
Falcon Punch -
lol whooops

Falcon Kick -
Quite a weird hit bubble configuration but FK still provides a **** priority. I'm guessing the smallest hit bubble provides the kick's awesome priority.

Raptor Boost -
A sliding mini tower if hit bubbles appear with the Raptor boost. A huge hit bubble then appears when the Raptor boost connects but it leaves Falcon's front exposed.

Falcon Dive -
The Dive's hitbubble extending from his hand to his chest.

Grabs:
Standing Grab - His grab has a smaller bubble than both jabs.

Pivot Grab -
It has good range but it takes foreverrrrrrrrrr.

Dash Grab -
Its a grab, while he's running. yay.

Pummel -
Falcon beating up Mr Red Pacman.

Aerial Raptor Boost: lol The size of the hitboxes really surprised me. As you guys probably know, the hitboxes sometimes will activate but your opponent won't get hurt due to the boxes coming out late/out of range.

Aerial Falcon Kick:
Falcon's Aerial Falcon Kick has a considerably smaller hitbox than its grounded counterpart. I'm not sure if Falcon's leg sticking out from the box is vulnerable to attack. Its grounded hitboxes are pretty small but cover decent ground around Falcon.

Get Up Attack 1:
This is what happens if you trip and its caused by your opponent (Diddy's naners, Snake's Ftilt) or by random tripping. The boxes cover good ground but leaves Falcon's upper torso and head exposed. Good thing for invincibility frames! ^_^ (if they're present)

Get Up Attack 2:
This is what happens if you get attacked and you land faced-down. Falcon uses his legs to attack in an arc, covering a good area around him. I was surprised by the size of the box as it appeared to be as a big as the u-tilt hitbox.

Get Up Attack 3:
This is what happens if you get attacked and land faced-up. Falcon does a sexy upside-down splits hitting foes with his manly break dancing skillz. Pretty good coverage.

Ledge Attack:
Its an attack, from the ledge. awesome.
It covers pretty decent ground.

Ledge Attack @ 100%:
Falcon's manly upper-cut covers a great area and I consider it as disjointed. It can hit opponents not only in front of Falcon but above Falcon which makes this move great. It also has awesome priority over Wario's bite iirc :)

DAir Platform Spike:
Just showing the extent of d-air's capability to go through platforms. Its actually pretty hard to get the timing right and its hitbox is relatively small but it does work ^_^

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Reduced to shorten page.
Original Post:
Teh Falcon Hit Bubbles :falcon:

Ground Moves:
Neutral A -
First Jab - Good ol jab with its decent range

Second Jab - The second jab extends further than the first

Gentlemen - Falcon delivers a knee which goes farther than the second jab. However the hit bubble does decrease after the initial strike.

MultiJab - "lol does it even have range?" - Snake

FTilt -
Falcon's f-tilt delivers good range for those "gtfo" moments. I forgot to get the other 2 f-tilts.

DTilt -
Falcon does his smexy pose for Snake. Snake can't handle the manliness.
The hit bubble does extend to his back hand and offers good range but at the cost of its speed.

UTilt -
Falcon's disjointed u-tilt offers great range and killing power.

FSmash -
F-Smash provides Falcon with a boost to compensate for the poor hit bubble. Great killing power but slow.

DSmash -
First Hit - Falcon covers his front with a barrage of hit-bubbles. I assume the bottom hit-bubble is the one that can combo with the second hit.

Second Hit -

USmash -
First Hit - Kind of disjointed at the bottom but nothing too noticeable. The first hit also attracts opponents into Falcon.

Second Hit - The second hit provides the killing power but lacks the size of the first hit.

Dash Attack -
Falcon running over helpless foes. His hit bubble does shrink after the initial attack.

Aerials:
NAir -
First Hit - The move responsible for many awesome combos.

Second Hit - Provides the knock back and is tilted upwards rather than straight as the first one.

Knee of Justice -
Sweetspot - Very strict in timing but worth the risk. The sweetspot covers his kneecap with parts of his leg. The bigger hit box is a flub.

Flub - Falcon got a bigger bubble but has very weak knock back.

BAir -
Tilted downwards which kind of surprised me. I'm not sure if it has a small sweetspot hit bubble like the Knee of Justice.

DAir -
The hit bubble extends a bit below Falcon's feet to allow Falcon a limited ability to spike through platforms.

UAir -
Falcon's best move covering a good 180 degrees over him that can also strike opponents in front and back. I'm not sure if its a bit disjointed or not.

Specials:
Falcon Punch -
lol whooops

Falcon Kick -
Quite a weird hit bubble configuration but FK still provides a **** priority. I'm guessing the smallest hit bubble provides the kick's awesome priority.

Raptor Boost -
A sliding mini tower if hit bubbles appear with the Raptor boost. A huge hit bubble then appears when the Raptor boost connects but it leaves Falcon's front exposed.

Falcon Dive -
The Dive's hitbubble extending from his hand to his chest.

Grabs:
Standing Grab - His grab has a smaller bubble than both jabs.

Pivot Grab -
It has good range but it takes foreverrrrrrrrrr.

Dash Grab -
Its a grab, while he's running. yay.

Pummel -
Falcon beating up Mr Red Pacman.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Dayum that's good.
Darky you didn't show aerial boost/kick/punch, and dash attack was hidden by DK.

Else lol @ Dsmash, more like Falcon headbutt :

Edit : ninja'd by Slader. Need more aerial specials too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Now we know why Falcon's priority sucks except on a few moves. Nice work.

But perfect N-air spacing is still the ****. It would be nice if that hitbox actually had duration though...

D-smash first hit hits higher than I expected.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
..Hit.. bubbles?
Lawl, I was thinking bubbles since ya' know, there are circles. They can be called bubbles or boxes doesn't really matter.

And Slader, I'm pretty sure there are hitboxes at Falcon's nipples too, not completely sure just where they are though

Edit:

Slader, do you mind if I quote you in the OP so all those pics are right there? Then you can 'detete' your post so it doesn't take up more space

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Lawl, I was thinking bubbles since ya' know, there are circles. They can be called bubbles or boxes doesn't really matter.

And Slader, I'm pretty sure there are hitboxes at Falcon's nipples too, not completely sure just where they are though

Edit:

Slader, do you mind if I quote you in the OP so all those pics are right there? Then you can 'detete' your post so it doesn't take up more space
go for it :)

I never saw hitboxes at his nipples but I might be wrong.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Thinking about the Falcon BAir question,

Ganondorf has a "sweetspot" on his Bair, which is a weaker hit than normal.

We call it the sweetspot because its weakness allows it to combo in a certain useful way at a certain damage range.

Given the similarity of the two, it would be worth staging an investigation into Falcon's BAir for the same profit.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Mmk got it.

And PK, Falcon's bair sourspot is pretty good, a SH sour bair can combo into an ftilt on a grounded opponent. I never thought about it in the air because it's better to keep your spacing, but it could combo into a tippered uair or something...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
lordhelmet said:
And Slader, I'm pretty sure there are hitboxes at Falcon's nipples too, not completely sure just where they are though.
No the "nipple spike" of Dair is the upper bubble, while the other one is the real spike.

I had already noticed a while ago that to hit with the nipple spike I had to aim with Falcon's knees (hence calling it the knee-pple spike).

So as sad as it sounds there are no hitbox on Falcon's nipples.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

..Yeah, let's just call it hitboxes, plox.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
fix what? :3

Hitboxes are still needed for:
Falcon punch
Aerial Falcon Punch
Aerial Falcon Kick
Aerial Raptor Boost
Ledge attack
Ledge attack @ 100%
Get up attack #1
Get up attack #2

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
:falcon:Falcon's Hitboxes Pt2:falcon:

Aerial Raptor Boost: lol The size of the hitboxes really surprised me. As you guys probably know, the hitboxes sometimes will activate but your opponent won't get hurt due to the boxes coming out late/out of range.

Aerial Falcon Kick:
Falcon's Aerial Falcon Kick has a considerably smaller hitbox than its grounded counterpart. I'm not sure if Falcon's leg sticking out from the box is vulnerable to attack. Its grounded hitboxes are pretty small but cover decent ground around Falcon.

Get Up Attack 1:
This is what happens if you trip and its caused by your opponent (Diddy's naners, Snake's Ftilt) or by random tripping. The boxes cover good ground but leaves Falcon's upper torso and head exposed. Good thing for invincibility frames! ^_^ (if they're present)

Get Up Attack 2:
This is what happens if you get attacked and you land faced-down. Falcon uses his legs to attack in an arc, covering a good area around him. I was surprised by the size of the box as it appeared to be as a big as the u-tilt hitbox.

Get Up Attack 3:
This is what happens if you get attacked and land faced-up. Falcon does a sexy upside-down splits hitting foes with his manly break dancing skillz. Pretty good coverage.

Ledge Attack:
Its an attack, from the ledge. awesome.
It covers pretty decent ground.

Ledge Attack @ 100%:
Falcon's manly upper-cut covers a great area and I consider it as disjointed. It can hit opponents not only in front of Falcon but above Falcon which makes this move great. It also has awesome priority over Wario's bite iirc :)

DAir Platform Spike:
Just showing the extent of d-air's capability to go through platforms. Its actually pretty hard to get the timing right and its hitbox is relatively small but it does work ^_^

btw, I forgot to take pics of the Falcon Punch once again :ohwell: but from what I saw: the normal Falcon Punch, the reversed Falcon Punch and the Aerial Falcon Punch are all the same size and last the same time.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yesz !

And it's true you can get hit out of an aerial FK, so the foot is the weak part...

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's Falcon dive's ledgegrab hitbox and (I guess) its last active frame.
Seems like after this point the big rectangle disappears.

PZ

Smash Lord
Plz get the falcon punch up im confused on the hitbox. The falcon's head isnt a hitbox<.< n the back of falcon punch is the sourspot.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Plz get the falcon punch up im confused on the hitbox. The falcon's head isnt a hitbox<.< n the back of falcon punch is the sourspot.
the Falcon Punch hit box only covers from his pawnching shoulder to the tip of his fist
thats it
its relatively small -.-

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Not when it's totally charged.

Btw I started charging the gif while listening to this. Most epic image loading in my entire life tbh.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
O.o that hitbox looks like a crouching kirby could fit under it or something.

Top Bottom