• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The School's Out, Gaming's In, Episode 1: KOTC Sponsered: Friday 6/25

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro here, and I'll be hosting KOTC's Singles Brawl tournament Friday night June 25th starting at 5:00 p.m.! Come One Come All!!

Taking a break from hosting KTAR's this season to do some Friday night tournaments with KOTC. This is very close to the Rutgers area and directly in Central Jersey so you gotta attend!

This event is a big sponsored event by King of the Couch. Info on the group is here at NJHALO.COM there will be lots of other games here as well. Back years ago everyone went to a KOTC event and had a great time. I decided that it was time we had this relationship renewed.

This venue is pretty sexy. I've been to the Brunswick Zone, which also has bowling, an arcade, food, and chicken :D

Here is the information

DATE: June 25th, 2010
LOCATION: Brunswick Zone Carolier - 790 Route 1 North, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
TOURNAMENT STARTS: 6 p.m. ( no more entrees at this time and singles starts as soon as bracket is made. I am on a fixed schedule so people should come early. )

Venue fee : $10
Tournament Fees : $10 Singles

There is no CAP on singles or doubles
$3 off for bringing a System/TV

NJ halo is providing us with 8 tvs and 4 Wiis. I will also be bringing a TV and Wii but you guys gotta BRING SOME MORE!!

We need Wiis and Tvs so BRING THEM ONLY THE FIRST 10 SETUPS/5WIIS GET DISCOUNTS

RULES

BRAWL RULESET
3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
Items are OFF including smash ball

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

NEUTRALS

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

COUNTERPICKS:
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

BANNED STAGES:

If a stage isn't on the Neutral or Counterpick list it is BANNED. (Although any teams/players may play on a banned stage as long as BOTH players/teams agree to it.)

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stages that will be banned from the tournament set

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

• Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be based on Region/Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will also be seeded in the same way.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
We would like to welcome Keitaro to our team of super talented tournament organizers led by Alex Strife and J.G. Wentworth. We are excited and thanks again for the support.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'll have to think about this. My graduation is the day before this and I'm gonna be staying up till like 4am for Project Graduation. Just wondering though, how often will these be?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Not exactly sure yet but they will most likely be monthlies.

There are talks of more consistent KOTC's in the very soon future though.

njmaddenballer

Smash Apprentice
We have lots on our plate.

July 25 - Brunswick zone (Friday Night)

July 17 - V-17

July 23 - Brunswick Zone (Friday Night)

July 24 - Tour Date (Rhode Island)

Ju,y 30 - Tour Date (Location TBA)

August 14- Tour Date (Location TBA)

August 21 - V-17

August 28- Tour (Location TBA)

September 25- V-17

We are also starting a partnership with Buffalo Wild Wings begining in August for Wednesday night events.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
If I don't have school or anything, you know I'll help you out with hosting Keitaro.

I'm glad KOTC is taking up a lot of the August dates.
Seeing as Apex is the first weekend and MLG is the final weekend of August.
This means we have tourneys for all of August ahead of time.

Good for me... I"m lazy when it comes to hosting XD

ch33s3

Smash Lord
If I can get a consistent carpool I'll drive on the Fridays I'm not working, yayuhz.

Tolls to NJ suck.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Bump. Probably gonna come to this. The rest of the state needs to give this more attention.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Ooh, my bad. Regardless, I'm (most likely) bringing a (good-looking) girl here, so get super hyped.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
this is gonna be a good tourney, i can feel it :)

Top Bottom