• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweetspot Grappling/Hookshotting next to ledges

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
**Let me preface this by saying that this ISN'T a new technique or exploit, it's simply something that I think has been overlooked. Since I don't know if there is already information about this somewhere, nor have I seen a video of it, I am posting this.**

This applies only to 3 characters, for obvious reasons:

- Samus
- Link
- Young Link

Let me explain:

There have been enough occasions where people burn themselves by airdodging too close to stages or their ledges to extend their grapple/hookshot. It's not difficult to not do that, but I think it's still useful to know what you CAN do. Application is situational, but probably useful, I think.

--------------------------

Now, here, the video will do a better job of showing you what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTuYws4G5M

Part 1:
Failed Grapple/Hookshot

Like I said earlier, this is what burning yourself typically looks like.

Part 2:
Sweetspot Grapple/Hookshot

You grapple/hookshot next to the ledge, no airdodge. Each character has a different window in which you can get it off ( I think Samus's is the biggest, as in you can do it from lower). I don't think this is useful, really, except for maybe grabbing the ledge faster.

Part 3:
Airdodge Sweetspot Grapple/Hookshot

You airdodge, like you would normally, and grapple/hookshot. You can vary the timing of the airdodge to probably either better edgehog or save yourself. You should note that this potentially gives you a lot of invincibility.

--------------------------

(Part of the reason I did this was because I used to have too many experiences where I miss a wavedash/land and I airdodge off the stage, too close to grapple normally, panic, and die.)

That's it. Don't think there's anything else to say. If you have any ideas, or if you think I missed something, please post about it.

Enjoy

cjugs

Smash Ace
I would use this for more invincibility but the risk is mess up and die or be without using your hookspot should something bad happen. Good to know though thanks.

Top Bottom