• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NomNom

-Ran

Smash Master
Melee Singles
Entrants: 25
1: vVv Lee Martin ($72.00) :shiek:
2: ISBS ($36.00) :marth:
3: Cyphus ($12.00) :drmario:
4: Vaughn :zelda:
5: Pritch :peach: :shiek:
5: P-Diddy :marth:
7: Avery :marth:
7: Eeet :peach:
9: Everpower :falco:
9: Ricky :fox:
9: Patrick
9: Cobey
13: Zakosai
13: Hyro :jigglypuff:
13: Shyguy :falco:
13: Tyler
17: Wiggins
17: Buffet
17: Ryan
17: Mark
17: Mura
17: Wesley NUMBA 2
17: Wesley
25: Jiovanni

Melee Doubles
1: Lee and Pierre ($24.50)
2: Avery And Pritch ($7.00)
3: Cyphus and Shyguy ($3.50)
4: ZackaWigg
5: Mark and Coby
5: Grove Street Families
7: Westley and Hyro

Brawl Singles
Entrants: 31
1: vVv Lee Martin ($96.00) :metaknight: :pit: :falcon:
2: Jnig ($48.00) :wario:
3: Cyphus ($16.00) :dk:
4: John :toonlink:
5: Vaughn :toonlink:
5: Ran :marth:
7: Arcadia :falco:
7: Jiovanni :kirby:
9: Ricky B :marth:
9: Zakosai
9: Savon
9: Booby :lucario: :pikachu:
13: Mura :luigi:
13: Cobey
13: ISBS
13: Curlz :metaknight:

Pool Players. Left the papers with who placed where at Dibbz.
Sudai
Zakosai
BSL
Jobey
Bob
Adam
Nickles
Mark
Romell
Buffet
Ryan
Eet
Wesley
Shyguy
Fang

For Brawl, I know I said there was going to be an amateur bracket, but unfortunately with only four set ups for Brawl to do pools, the tournament was running way too late for me to get it going. By the time I was ready to make the bracket, everyone that would have qualified for it had already left. Now, at least they all got to play six matches in pools. If we had more set ups, it would have happened. I'll try harder next time.

Next tournament will be July 31st. Same Bat Channel, same Bat Time. Same events.

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, and made me extremely happy to see such a nice turn out for the tournament. There were things I'm aware I could have done better, and I will strive to do so to make the NomNomNom even better. I want to thank everyone for coming, and I hope that you all show up again for the next tournament. In case I didn't make it clear enough, Nom's will always be on the last Saturday of the month at Dibbz.

Also, I truly believe that in Louisiana in order for Smash to survive as a competitive game Melee and Brawl must be wed together as a hot lesbian couple. Though they are different games, our community bleeds members into both events because we are all competitors at the end of the day. I'm already considering playing Melee in the next tournament, just for a change of pace. Hopefully more of you Melee players will experiment with Brawl.

We can truly make this tournament series even better. If everyone hypes it up, every month we can easily push past the 30 person mark in Melee, and the 40 person mark in Brawl. If we get more people coming to our tournaments then we'll start to get an out of state player to come. People will come, if we keep this hyped. Tell the people that you play with how much you enjoyed the event, and get them to come. Challenge old Melee players and demand they come destroy people at the tournament. Let's get the scene rolling forwards full strength. This isn't about the success of either game in our state, but rather the survival and expansion of our joint community.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
good **** vaughn and Ken in melee.... i also played mario in melee but it doesnt really matter :/ vaughn is too good

ahhhh *** brawl i still think i played well in brawl.. i had close matches with rickyb b and gio kinda but mura and ran just ***** my ***

thanks for teaming with me cyphus... i think we almost had pritch and avery..i was playing like 100% my best in those matches...so u fcked it up cyphus lol jk... that 3 stock comeback against 2 people was mazing

fun tourney...i played better than i expected for having been away for so long ggs everyone

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts!

Ran: Thanks for the great tournament!
Buffet: Good games. The fight on rainbow cruise was hiiiiilarious
Wiggins: I don't think we played in the tournament, but I think we played some friendlies. Always a pleasure
Tyler: Your sheik has gotten a lot better! I don't enjoy playing you since I hate fighting sheik, but I do enjoy your company. :) (lol)
ShyGuy: I'm certain you've gotten better since we played last. Keep it up :)
Hyro: Your jiggs is awesome!
Zakosai: Always fun fighting a ganon!
Ricky: I don't think you even remember anything, lol
EverPower: I know we played, but I don't remember our matches at all
Eet: Eric, you're too good! You beat me harder than lee did! Just do that to everyone else and you got this
Avery: I love how you can play all those different characters in a tournament. Good stuff
Pierre: Great friendlies!
Pritch: Good job on 5th man! That match on brinstar was hiiiiiiiilarious!
Vaughn: Sorry I play marth!! I still love you!
Biphus: Doc goo' gans Marf :( I really just got lucky
Lee: You're a non-splitting jew. But I don't blame you and i <3 you!
Sudai, Mark, Cobey: We never played! :(

And in brawl... I tied with Curlz and I wasn't even there. :)
I have no idea how I made it out of pools. Arcadia rigged it.

'V'

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!!!

Ran - Good **** running this tourney. It was a lot of fun and very well-formatted considering our tourneys haven't been too big for a while. I'm glad I was able to help you out too. And thanks for the advice. It was very helpful in the long run.

Arcrazia 15x - Our match was ********, but fun at the same time. I now see how you guys get the adrenaline rush from playing this game. It was intense. Good ****.

Ken - I still hate your Marth, but awesome job getting 2nd. You're getting better every time I see you.

Zakosai - Your Ganon legit. Sorry I had to camp you so much though. =[

Mark - I remember now why I hated using Zelda against Falcon. Eww...

Lee - Didn't get to play you at all, but it was nice talking to you as usual.

Pritch - Sorry I couldn't stay for Settlers, but I was still really tired from the night before. Next time for sure. I promise.

Cyphus - U bi.

Avery - Thank you for not banning Poke Floats on me. lol

EET - Our Zelda vs. Peach matches are still fun as hell. Thanks for playing that with me.

John - Toon Link dittos are really fun. Hopefully I'll be able to at least take a round off of you next time though. I was close in the second game.

Jio - Your trash talk is as awesome as ever. And I think your Lucario could get really mean one day.

JNig - Wish I woulda talked to you.

Mura - Zelda fans unite!!!

Patrick - I could tell it's been a while since you fought my Zelda, and even longer since you've used a space animal against her. I think you'll get me next time.

Pierre - Sucks that one mistake screwed up your whole stock, but that's how smash goes a lot of the time.

RickyB - Very good seeing you again. Good matches in pools too. Hopefully we'll see you in Thibodaux soon.

Curlz - Not a big fan of Rainbow Cruise for MK, but I'll take that win cuz I fought hard for it.

ShyGuy - You're still good in my book, even though you haven't played in forever.

Sudai - U bi.

Dylan - U bi.

Rickee - U black.

The only thing that woulda made this tourney experience even better is if Nick and Roni were there. Looking forward to the next one too.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
unknown was Mark (falcon).
fun teaming w/ shyguy. u def held ur own. our 3rd place didn't get paid out, so no '3.50' needed
good job to pritch, i think he's underrated.
zak's ganon is amazing. i apologize for our brawl matches. B) i want a good melee set w/ u next time.
loved watching vaughn's zelda as always.
i'm really not crazy about 60/30/10 payout, but noone else has a problem with it. we already know lee is going to win everything. payouts should encourage OTHER people to want to enter. 50/30/15/5 is a good settup.
i look forward to watching all the brawl vids. wish melee coulda got recorded, i was playing good until ken wrecked me.

-Ran

Smash Master
i'm really not crazy about 60/30/10 payout, but noone else has a problem with it. we already know lee is going to win everything. payouts should encourage OTHER people to want to enter. 50/30/15/5 is a good settup.
I forgot to write the payouts in the flier, and so I just went with the default. The next tournament will use something similar to that.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Possible Melee recordings @ next Nom?

Mura - Im looking at you for this, your usually the media guy xD

GJ Ryan on running the tournament. Also, the loud speaker idea was classic xD.

I got caught up on some things and couldn't make it back. I wanted to do melee teams =X.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Possible Melee recordings @ next Nom?

Mura - Im looking at you for this, your usually the media guy xD
Yeah, I'm definitely down for recording things next time. I got a couple of the Melee doubles recorded, except I have no Idea who was playing lol.

If Brawl and Melee are always gonna be scheduled to run at the same time, then I'll only be entering Melee next time.

Laffy guys are fun as hell, although I didn't get to learn most of their names. Wes's DK is too good.

I have to check the calendar, but I think I might be in indiana for the next NOM.

Curlz

Smash Lord
1: Lee Martin - Thanks for the tips throughout the day on certain matchups. I'll have your yellow yoshi soon. <3
2: Jnig - I will get you down to one stock eventually. Lol. GGs in our pool.
3: Cyphus - Our Lucas dittos were too fun. Lol. We need to do that again sometime soon. I hope you come back into the scene.
4: Hyro - My friends and I enjoyed hanging out with you. in between matches. Haha. I'll see you at MechaCon.
5: Vaughn - You took control of that boat like crazy! Even if you don't like this game, you're still really good at it. Our set was really fun and I hope to play you in serous brawl again soon. :]
5: Ran - Thank you so much for running this tourny. My friends didn't even mind that it ran way past when we were supposed to leave. We all had alot of fun and we're glad you put this together. I'll be at the next NOM fer sure.
7: Arcadia - I'm sorry I stole your nugget. :]
7: Jiovanni - I didn't get to play you today but I saw your Kirby **** against Savon and it was really fun to watch. Good ****!
9: Ricky B - You've gotten better, but I can still **** you.
9: Zakosai - I didn't get to play your legendary Ganon. D:
9: Savon - GGs in friendlies throughout the day. I hope to see you at more events.
9: Booby - grklsjewlksjvgreijgrleijblwekjvlkfjerlibj
13: ISBS - <3

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Shoutouts!

Lee: Good stuff, as always. I will never lose to your Falcon again.
Cyphus: Soooooooooo intense! I had to win though, to avenge John as well as myself.
John: I got lucky.
Vaughn: Didn't talk or play you :(
Ran: I see that Marth improving everyday. Keep it up.
Arcadia: You know what you need to do, now do it! You have a lot more potential than you realize.
Jiovanni: My man, Jio, rapin it up, keeping the trash talk going. We shall teach my bro the ways of the women.
Ricky B: Always fun to see you around. We need to play next time!
Zakosai: The legendary GANON! You're just as great as they say you are. I didn't get the chance to play you! Next time I promise we will Ganon ditto.
Savon: Nice to see some new faces. Looking forward to seeing you at more tournaments!
Booby: BOOBY! Chill guy, fun matches.
Shyguy: Glad you came, you should play Brawl with us at Dibbz more if you need some practice. We're there almost every other day!
Batto: Hail Jesus?

I had too much fun, it's great to see so many Cajuns, for both Brawl and Melee, turning out. The guys in my pool were awesome.

I'll be recording and uploading matches throughout the week, so make sure to check them out at my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JNig91

Savon

Smash Ace
I think I did decent for my first real tournament. I will make sure to step my game up for the next meet-up.
Jio is going DOWN. However I need to pick a secondary so that people who counter Snake don't totally kick my *** again.

Savon

Smash Ace
I think I did decent for my first real tournament. I will make sure to step my game up for the next meet-up.
Jio is going DOWN. However I need to pick a secondary so that people who counter Snake don't totally kick my *** again.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Dude, this was so fun. I had such a good time playing all day yesterday.

A few shoutouts:
Laffy guys:
Ken- Yea we didn't meet in a tourney match but we did play a bunch of friendlies I think. It's always a blast.
Ryan- I think your a laffy dude. But those friendlies we played were so fun. I couldn't stop laughing at all the random **** because I was so tired.
Westley(sp?)- we played some friendlies too if I remember right. Your dk was gettin good. I wanna rematch your jigs though. :p

other area peeps.

Mark and Colby?- I think it was you two I played double friendlies with. Idk though. If I got the right people in mind, it was alot of fun.

Ricky- probably the funnest matches I've ever played. No joke. You probably won't remember though. You were kinda gone..... If ya know why I mean.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
shoutouts

Jnig- lose to falcon more.
hyro- you'll **** next time
cyphus- good stuff in brawl and melee
sudai- I'm going to miss you, we should have put up a mario kart setup
vaughn- you ****, wish we could have played. your zelda looked amazing
zak- great stuff we should team sometime
ran- great tourney, it went well
wiggins-nice meeting you , good stuff in teams
mura- nice seeing you
arc- good stuff being the only person to take a match from me in brawl
booby- your pika is TOO good
jio- we should have played, i miss you
batto- wish you would have stayed longer, fun friendlies
ken- great stuff in melee, congrats
eet- hopefully we'll be roommates in colorado.. <3
everpower- we never played... idk why
shyguy- i'll teach you some olimar soon
ricky b- thanks for driving, should have gotten waffle house. xd
mark- good stuff in melee, glad i could beat jnig with falcon for you
coby- your getting better, keep practicing
patrick- our matches were fun and close
pritch- you got wrecked
avery- fun friendlies and team matches
curlz- keep working on your mk, you'll get it if you truly practice
savon- hope you learned some stuff from my snake.

Catherine- I love you <3

eet

Smash Ace
Avery: Glad we had some fun in car-time :] I dont think we actually played? lawl.

Lee: Gonna miss you, baby. For real, I will contact you (and Roni) about gettin a place as soon as I look into it up there. <3

Vaughn: Yeah I think I made a mistake going Falco on first round but then I auto-had to go Peach for nostalgia :D

Pritch: GGs man, no johns but I think I shoulda won lol but your Peach really is underrated imo <3 Peach ditto/teams for life.

Ken: Yeah thanks man, I thought after beating you I was on a good role lol but ggs to you. I was suprised when I heard you got second, way to stick in losers bracket til the very end <3

shyguy: i miss you too baby, and we can hang sometime before i leave if you want. ill be in br? : D

all the awesome ppl I didnt get to hang out much with (Ricky, cyphus, etc.) : <3 youuu

All the ppl I played in Brawl: Lawl I suck - why? :c

Freddy, Tim, Kyle, Taylor: You *****es shoulda went to rep the melee scene ******s

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Not against me, my boy.

I got most of the vids up today, here they are:

Loser's Bracket:
Jio vs. JNig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3qSKJ2R7gE 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0skhPbGqMM 2

Loser's Quarters:
Ran vs. JNig
Matches 1 & 2 to be uploaded soon.

Winner's Semis:
Cyphus vs. Hyro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myiv_WKzdus 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgIJLF0GTto 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6avnK9sS2gI 3

Loser's Semis:
JNig vs. Hyro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2U2n2UJhlc 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSR7_jZoJeA 2
Match 3 to be uploaded soon

Loser's Finals:
Cyphus vs. JNig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyqblblxxg 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ay_s7wlKoU 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRN9oIc-4hM 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaEs0-neWa8 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwn6qa6TG24 5

Grand Finals:
Lee vs. JNig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tayman1Ghs 3
Match 1 to be uploaded soon, Match 2 was not saved (stupid Falcon...)

When I finish uploading them all, I'll make a video thread for this tourney.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Btw, idk if I did a shout out to Hyro.

So yea, Hyro: good **** in our match. It was so awesome and fun. I'll get you next time though. :)

Hopefully next time I make it to one of these I won't be in that ridiculous boot. I also hope I can at least make it to the top ten. I feel like I've improved alot since that first laffy tourney I went too. Maybe I'll actually be able to get some money back from Ken. Who knows. What I do know is I'm grateful to each and every person who hosts a ssbm tourney down here in Louisiana. I thought that wheni moved back from Indiana I would have to go all the way back just for a Tournament. But I lucked out I guess. Anyways, I'm done rambling. Can't wait for the next melee tourney!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Our first set was on someone else's Wii. I only took replays off of that first setup, which was Ran's.

I finished uploading what I have, I'll make a video thread now.

EDIT: I made the video thread! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279520

If anyone has replays from the tourney on their Wii, could you please send them to me? I only have replays from Ran's setup on TV 1.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, who did Lee use Falcon and Pit against?

And yay, Cyphus is back!

Top Bottom