• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETE! OK Samus Boards, here is your hitbubble file - Updated with video

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Samus Hitboxes (rename to "FitSamus.pac"):

http://www.mediafire.com/?21jmyzgzdmk - Ground Attacks (Jab1, Jab2, DashAtk, Ftilt [up/mid/low], Utilt, Dtilt, Fsmash, Usmash, Dsmash)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtwo31m2ljeznnw - Aerials/Throws (Nair, Uair, Fair, Bair, Dair, Grab, Dash Grab, Pivot Grab)
http://www.mediafire.com/?tzfozyoemmwlhzj - Ledge Attacks + Up-B

Note that this does not include projectiles (side-B, down-B, and maybe Zair?)

Video demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZnDCwIkFlg

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
^^What?! ***** I asked him this like two weeks ago. Hell, his response was that he thought that our boards had the hitbox bubbles already when I asked him. lol

Thank you Bio. God. I actually went out to find a guy 'cause you guys are lazy/incompetent.

Be nice if someone got the vid up so Bio doesn't have to go through the trouble.

(I can't... don't have recording equipment. >.>)

<3333333333 Youuuuuuuuuuu.

I assume that Xyro was the one that got this done?

Also I've got recording equipment, so I'll get this uploaded when I get back, don't fear <3

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Apparently everyone on the boards asked Bio to do the hitbubble thing. :laugh:

Bio was on Skype a week ago and said "which hitbubble video should I do now," and I said "Samus."
Maybe you told him to do it a week earlier too I'unno. Dunmatter 'cause it's done. :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
<3333333333 Youuuuuuuuuuu.

I assume that Xyro was the one that got this done?

Also I've got recording equipment, so I'll get this uploaded when I get back, don't fear <3
yes. i asked him almost an entire year ago, look at my VMs to see proof.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Xyro asked half a year ago, NoID asked a few months ago, and Composer asked a few days ago. Does that solve that? lol

I may have to split up the Samus hitbubbles into two parts due to a file size error in Gecko and Riivolution; NoID couldn't get it working in both and I haven't had any luck here either. (Guess this is why I should test before releasing...)

Ah well. I'll finish this up by splitting it into two parts to not exceed the limit and move on to Fox next.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
K, gonna add hitbubbles & upload them in separate pieces so they don't freeze. First one is up on the OP, hopefully the next post I make here will be that I completed all of them, so keep refreshing the thread.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's no different from regular ftilt or ftilt tilted up, honestly.

Also, I can't add ONE line to Samus's dtilt without it giving me the BEEP of death. grumble grumble grumble

The posts were five days apart, it's not classified as a double post.

Also the .pac is not complete so we won't post any footage just yet.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Samus/ZSS is hard to hack. It will take a while. D-tilt is a pain in the *** still according to Bio.

Checking with someone to see if frame data can be obtained.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Dtilt is such a strange move. It almost seems to have a fluctuating hitbox. I was toying around with it in training mode, and when i used it on snake, (i was just outside the "flame bubble" range and the first time i used it, it didn't hit snake, the second time, it did. And he was in the same animation both times, he didn't do his idle animations.
Either way, it is a wierd move.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Uploaded a new one, thanks to Kirk for figuring out dtilt was actually a programmer's typo =D

I seriously do love you, honestly.

I'll test this out and get a video up if you wish once you get the aerials in ^^.

Edit: It works like a charm, oh my goodness, the range on Samus' ftilt is godly O_O.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Second + third AND FINAL one uploaded.

(this is what happens when you're not addicted to transformice btw)

All of them work just fine. I will record them if you wish.

Once again. Many thanks <3

Throwback

Smash Lord
usmash has giant bubbles, and the ending of fair is very strange - she seems to have a bubble that appears after the flame animation stops.

Might be easier to get a 'feel' for the relative hitbuuble size if this was recorded against another character. For example, ftilt looks pretty short to me because the bubbles don't reach right to the end of her foot, but we know it has great range.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I absolutly adore the the hitbubbles on dtilt, uair, and fair. They are much bigger than i thought. Thanks so much for this Bionic Sonic, and thanks to KJ for providing the video.

Xyro77

Nothing cool cept for usmash. great video and THANK you for uploading it. bionic, thank you for your work!!!!!

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks KJ, you're the bomb!
The grab hit bubbles seem a bit strange to me, as the arm cannon has 3 hit bubbles the entire time the grapple is extending, which doesn't seem to be the case when I'm usually playing....Can anyone think of a good way to test that?

I'm gonna watch the whole vid more carefully a few more times and post my thoughts later.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Did we want to do them picture by picture or no? And if we did, did we want them semi-faded to see her actual body AND the hitbox, or just the highlighted hitbubble?

Great work to Bionic Commando and KJ for recording. Really appreciate it

GROUNDIES

Jab

Jab2 middle

Jab2 ending

Ftilt

Ftilt tilted up

Ftilt tilted down (notice bigger hitbox behind her)

Dtilt (small glow above the bubble i think is a hitbox as well)

Utilt animation

Utilt hitbox start

Utilt middle

Utilt end

Fsmash (pathetic)

Usmash start

Usmash middle

Usmash near end

Dsmash front

Dsmash behind

Dash attack

Grab

AERIALS

Nair strong

Nair weak

Uair

Fair

Fair ending

Bair

Dair

Ledge attack ( less than 100%)

Xyro77

may i request that these pics^ and the video be put in the ultimate samus database?

He captured it from my video DJ. I thought the KJ tag would have made it obvious :/, yeah, these need to go in the database.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Turns out I messed up with the Fair -- I tried to do a PSA trick to keep the file size low so it didn't crash (and it failed), so I had to copy/paste stuff and forgot to set the "Set it to do this for X times" from 4 -> 3, so no, there is not an ending hitbox to Fair.

Grounded up-B was a coding mistake -- I forgot to set the "color" of it to what's needed, so that's why there is no hitbubble.

Reuploading both now. (edit: done)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Way cool! Samus looked weird when she did the Screw Attack but didn't have that animation that comes with it while in the demonstration that KillerJawz gave.

Top Bottom