• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steakfest 3!!: Free Cash

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Steakfest 3!!: Free Cash

Date:
July 31st, 2010

Time:
- Registration begins at 11:00 AM
- Brawl Singles starts at 1:00 PM
- Side Events will start as Brawl Singles begins to thin out.

San Antonio, Tx 78251

Events & Registration:
- Brawl Singles: $5 per player
- Brawl Redemption: Admission based on tournament placement.
- Side Events: $1-2 per player

Setups:
I'm going to need attendees to attempt to pitch in on setups. I can supply 1 Wii + Brawl, and 3 television sets, but I need you guys to help by supplying more Wii+Brawl, and television sets. The more setups we have, the faster events get done, which can lead to more MMs and friendlies.

Payouts:

-Brawl Singles-
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

These are the base prize giveaways for the events. They are subject to change based on attendance.

Brawl Rules:
- 3 Stock.
- 8 Minute Time Limit.
- Items are set to "off" and "none".
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- Standing Infinites are banned.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his side-B and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to Ganondorf's side-B.
- Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing to prevent interference and preserve battery life.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as "The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable." Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling.
- Hazing is punishable by DQ (shouting or yelling to disrupt the other player).
- No pausing in the middle of a game unless given permission by the other player.
- All legal infinites must end once the affected character exceeds 300% damage.

Procedures for playing sets:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match (players may opt for a double blind pick).
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure (MLG Stage Striking System is used).
3. A player(s) may announce one stage to be banned for counter-picks of the set. This can also be done after any given match in a set, but can ONLY be done once in an entire set.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage.
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches until a set is complete.

Stage Striking
For game 1 of each match, the player or team with port priority must strike three stages from the list of starter stages. The other player or team then strikes 4 stages from the list of starter stages. Then the first player chooses the game 1 stage from the remaining starter stages.

Starter Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island: Brawl
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Lylat Cruise
- Halberd
- Castle Seige
- Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages:
- Brinstar
- Frigate Orpheon
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Pictochat
- Norfair
- Distant Planet
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens
- Port Town Aero Drive

All other levels are banned.

Contact Information:
- For any additional information, or if you get lost on the way to the location, just give me a call: 210 454 5316

You can also hit up any other San Antonio Brawlers. Most of their numbers are in the SA thread: Click Here!!

==========

That about does it.

Food:

As for food, there's PLENTY of places around the area (McDonalds, Burger King, Sonic, Whataburger, Taco Cabana, Paul Revere's Pizza, Papa Johns, Little Caeser, Panda Express, H-E-B, Wal Mart, Valero, Shell, Church's Chicken, Bill Millers, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Chili's, Chedder's, McAllister's, Quiznos, Subway, Olive Garden, Jim's, and Rudy's, as far as I can remember), so you shouldn't find any problems with finding something to snack on. Most of those places are only within a 10 minute drive to and from the tournament location, while the farthest is at most, 8 to 15 minutes, depending on traffic.

Mmhmmm, food.

==========

Other:

If you want to bring anything extra for after the tournament (other games like Melee, BlazBlue, etc), you're free to do so.

I may need a table, and possibly a handful of chairs and surge protectors for additional plugs and whatnot. If anyone can help with the supply, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you there!

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
Distant Planet? Really? Looks like I'll have to auto-ban against D3s.

LOL @ PT:AD & Jungle Japes. Reminds me of Melee days...

I'll be there, entering Brawl Singles & Pokemon.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
all you need is that other yoshi stage and its perfect

can we try and have doubles? :( me and castro want to ****

and ill bring a wii

ill enter pokemon with 6 wobbufets. lets do thiss

@KoN the starter stages and the stage striking system is MLG. the Counterpicks however are all espy's madness

Nike.

Smash Hero
I really don't know if I'll be entering this one. I got ***** in friendlies yesterday on all the new counterpick stages, especially against against KoN's metaknight.

/stage johns

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know if I'll be entering this one. I got ***** in friendlies yesterday on all the new counterpick stages, especially against against KoN's metaknight.

/stage johns
I do horrible at most counter-pick stages, and I don't have nearly the experience most of you guys have, but I'm entering anyway. I don't mind trading my money for tourney/MU experience right now, but in a few months -- I'll be going for profit.

EDIT: TLDR?: This newb is entering, you should have no reason not to enter! xD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What new counterpicks, Nike?

The only "new" counter pick that's available at this one is PTAD.
Everything else has been used at one point or another in tournament.

Sounds like you gotta stop playing on Smashville.

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
What time are you starting the Pokemon tournament? After the Brawl Singles, I'm assuming (which would be better).

Just sayin' because I know how hectic & slow it was at Judgment Day with Brawl & Pokemon going on at the same time.

Especially if Castro enters. That's gonna be 6+ people playing Brawl & Pokemon.

Speed X

Smash Rookie
.... still we need to do more dubz.. idc if its san antonio lol.. :/.. we need to step our game up

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm gonna be letting JUJ run Pokemon, Boss.
Talk to him about any of those issues. I still don't know how much he wants to charge, or if he's changing any of the rules I copypasta'd from Steakfest 2.

I'd prefer it, however, if Pokemon started towards the end of Singles.

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be letting JUJ run Pokemon, Boss.
Talk to him about any of those issues. I still don't know how much he wants to charge, or if he's changing any of the rules I copypasta'd from Steakfest 2.

I'd prefer it, however, if Pokemon started towards the end of Singles.
Yeah, it'd just work out better that way. I'll talk to him, though.

On a side note, I know something that will help my nerves at Steakfest!:

Good night sleep, shower, light breakfast, and 1 Joose to sip on.

I played KoN plenty tonight and was SOOPER relaxed with one. :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If enough people vouch for it, I'll remove PTAD and Distant Planet.
However, Japes is getting booted too, if that's what's going to happen.

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
If enough people vouch for it, I'll remove PTAD and Distant Planet.
However, Japes is getting booted too, if that's what's going to happen.
Dang, you're getting that much **** for it?

I was whining at first, but the only stage I'm having problems with is Distant Planet. I like the other two. Be firm or give in, but don't compromise.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Why I didn't see this thread is a result of me being too slow.

Right Espy?

Also any MM I have can be done at this tourney or Nikefest 3 if I can't get to you then.

Top Bottom