• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia Redux! GAME OVER!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Dictating who the cops should investigate, and having the two cops investigate the same person, is literally the stupidest idea Omni has ever had, including everything that happened in Disney Mafia.

If you aren't comfortable agreeing with me, then feel free to disagree with ChiboSempai, because his support for Omni's plan should look like Sarah Palin to you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you aren't comfortable agreeing with me, then feel free to disagree with ChiboSempai, because his support for Omni's plan should look like Sarah Palin to you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
McCloud overtly not answering questions because its too hard to read the thread. Nicholas, I think you mean TSM and not BIM, but your point is very valid. Ronike still thinks I'm scum even after what Gheb said. I still believe Chacotaco will flip scum lol.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh, and LOL @ Xonar. I expect you all to jump on him and gambit that he is the Godfather just as hard as you are towards me, for what he said, or else you are all so ****ing scared of me that its not even funny.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
****, why am I so bad at logging into another account?

I would never be able to secretly have an alt. T_T

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can there be a stricter rule against hydras posting on their normal accounts?
Normally it's not much of a problem but it's confusing enough with 3 hydras...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think you know who I am by now... Teemo literally has T O M and E E in it...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Can there be a stricter rule against hydras posting on their normal accounts?
Normally it's not much of a problem but it's confusing enough with 3 hydras...
Chibo, those things happens. Hell, I remember you did that mistake in SSBM >>

and instead of complaining about the hydra, how about tell how do you feel about the chaco incident >>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I kno mistakes happen, but lol Tom quad posted. How do you not notice what account your on with every post that pops up. 3 hydras just make it confusing to begin with.

As for the Chaco incident, I'm undecided. I didn't vote for him in the vote thing, but I'm not really against what happened. this is what was needed to get the game started imo, as long as the result isn't terrible. look at the discussion going on now in twilight (now realizing why twilight is beneficial in this game) with how to go about the game now that we'll have a flip to go off of with plans on the setup (unlike trying to break it like what people did at the beginning)

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
Dictating who the cops should investigate, and having the two cops investigate the same person, is literally the stupidest idea Omni has ever had, including everything that happened in Disney Mafia.

- it cuts investigations in half for the sake of getting a clear on our scummiest players.
- if mafia doesnt want us getting any clears then mafia will NK the same target. that means players who are more town-like stay alive while people we felt were scummy are effectively taken out by mafia.
- that means we can effectively take out 2 scummy players in one Day/Night scenario if we also choose who will shoot who

let's not talk about stupid when you really haven't offered any ideas and you were the genius to cut our information gathering time for the sake of a hunch you had. regardless of what chaco flips the Day should not have ended so early and if everyone did the same thing as you town would lose.

you've also been failing with the strategizing, tom. you normally like to discuss/find possible gambits since you know in BIM 1 that scum had a few of their own to force lylo. instead you've practically ignored the possible GF/Inheritor gambit i discussed and really haven't done much of anything Tom-like imo. just selective commenting

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
enough of Tom being unhelpful.

people who havent been posting in here really need to speak up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It doesn't get a clear on our scummiest players. The odds that the Mafia Tactician actually inhibits a sop's investigation is so low that it shouldn't even be considered, let alone used as a reason to tell both cops to investigate the same player. If the mafia even do decide to night-kill that target, then we are given no clears. If we simply let the cops investigate whomever they want, then we get one guaranteed clear, but most probably two clears. But the mafia would probably just take the one clear (which we would guaranteed get anyways if we just let the cops investigate whomever they wanted) and kill whomever they want to kill. It's idiocy.

I offered the obvious alternative - let the cops just do their job. And I love how you say its a "hunch I had," not mentioning Chaco's suspicions by almost half the town already.

I haven't "practically ignored the GF/Inheritor gambit" that you discussed. I addressed it specifically and called it dumb. Bussing the GF for the Inheritor is not a gambit worth doing. I specifically said that. So why do you say I haven't addressed it?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you've also been failing with the strategizing, tom. you normally like to discuss/find possible gambits since you know in BIM 1 that scum had a few of their own to force lylo. instead you've practically ignored the possible GF/Inheritor gambit i discussed and really haven't done much of anything Tom-like imo. just selective commenting
show me any game where i discussed a gambit on Day 1?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tom, seriously. Stop posting on your standard account. It makes it a lot harder to search for posts by a user in the future and see them in chronological order. You're a hydra, use it.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
6/19 players isn't half the town, tom. especially since the vote piles on chacotaco had a small chain effect that could have been examined.

and it's not bussing the GF. it's letting the GF kamakaze. whether he does it in the beginning or the end of the game it could be dangerous. IF we dictate people in regards to who shoots who then we can avoid GF "shooting a person because they thought they were scum" then after the 24 hour cooldown period shooting another person forcing at LEAST 4 kills but possibly resulting in more if the GF hits a bomb. then after the mafia inheritor takes the GF's abilities and his cooldown period resets he could effectively do the same thing as the chance of hitting a bomb continues to increase. it's a good mafia gambit and increasingly effective midgame.

obvious the discussion of our gambit was in chats/pm when we were calculating best case scenarios and how to end the game as quickly as possible with Hando GF using his daykill and sacrificing himself. you were very enthusiastic about the calculations and we both came to the same mathematical conclusion.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Tom
TSM mafia? I don't recall that one.

@Omni
Your direct the cop investigation thing has to be the dumbest idea I've seen in quite some time. You'd sacrifice 2 investigations just so mafia would kill a scummy townie? I think just about any mafia would take that deal in a heartbeat. How about this? Don't direct the cops, get 2 clears per night (with the possibility of nailing a mafia instead), PROFIT. Not to mention, under your plan the mafia could just tell town to investigate their godfather, and give us a false clear, which REALLY kills town. Just see Xonar in Scum wars, (scum-gov is evil BTW) or any game where a scumbag leads town around by the nose.

Although your idea of a godfather kamikaze is semi-legit, it takes away the possibility of a mafia alpha-strike, which is a huge loss for mafia. (And the inheritor can't alpha strike because he's stuck with the godfather's cool-down... 48 hours in your scenario). Also, Teemo consists of two of the best players on this site, which means Teemo-mafia would be a HUGE force. If the godfather was a bad player or even a mediocre player it would be something to consider, but one of the best players in the game? No way.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
Wrong nich, the kamikaze GF does not stop an inheritor alpha-strike.
frozen said:
For all day phases after the day phase that immediately follows the nightphase in which you acquire the abilities of the Godfather, you will no longer be subject to the cooldown stacks of the previous Godfather and only to your own.

Omnididdle

Smash Rookie
...that makes sense, nich.

i guess i was too fixated on the scummy control factor. being able to dictate who mafia nightkills seems really nice. if the player claims to not be able to shoot then it left great wifom for mafia to figure out if that person was a bomb or a cop. i guess the best thing cop's can do is find that guilty on the inheritor/tactician.

good point about Teemo.

huh @ stopping the alpha strike?

Teemo

Smash Rookie
walking to Canada for delicious cheesecake
Tom, seriously. Stop posting on your standard account. It makes it a lot harder to search for posts by a user in the future and see them in chronological order. You're a hydra, use it.
Sorry. I didn't think it was bothering anyone other than Chibo and Omni. For you, Overswarm, I will use my hydra account. =P

6/19 players isn't half the town, tom. especially since the vote piles on chacotaco had a small chain effect that could have been examined.

and it's not bussing the GF. it's letting the GF kamakaze. whether he does it in the beginning or the end of the game it could be dangerous. IF we dictate people in regards to who shoots who then we can avoid GF "shooting a person because they thought they were scum" then after the 24 hour cooldown period shooting another person forcing at LEAST 4 kills but possibly resulting in more if the GF hits a bomb. then after the mafia inheritor takes the GF's abilities and his cooldown period resets he could effectively do the same thing as the chance of hitting a bomb continues to increase. it's a good mafia gambit and increasingly effective midgame.

obvious the discussion of our gambit was in chats/pm when we were calculating best case scenarios and how to end the game as quickly as possible with Hando GF using his daykill and sacrificing himself. you were very enthusiastic about the calculations and we both came to the same mathematical conclusion.
If I wanted to kamikaze I would have done it immediately upon start of D1... or I would have shot Ronike when I was thinking about it.

Our discussion was about when we would be able to win, and that was about saving the Godfather until the very end of the game... that wasn't during D1, and I don't really know where we are going with this.

@Tom
TSM mafia? I don't recall that one.

@Omni
Your direct the cop investigation thing has to be the dumbest idea I've seen in quite some time. You'd sacrifice 2 investigations just so mafia would kill a scummy townie? I think just about any mafia would take that deal in a heartbeat. How about this? Don't direct the cops, get 2 clears per night (with the possibility of nailing a mafia instead), PROFIT. Not to mention, under your plan the mafia could just tell town to investigate their godfather, and give us a false clear, which REALLY kills town. Just see Xonar in Scum wars, (scum-gov is evil BTW) or any game where a scumbag leads town around by the nose.

Although your idea of a godfather kamikaze is semi-legit, it takes away the possibility of a mafia alpha-strike, which is a huge loss for mafia. (And the inheritor can't alpha strike because he's stuck with the godfather's cool-down... 48 hours in your scenario). Also, Teemo consists of two of the best players on this site, which means Teemo-mafia would be a HUGE force. If the godfather was a bad player or even a mediocre player it would be something to consider, but one of the best players in the game? No way.
Test Subject Mafia? (Not Tom Spencer McIntire Mafia lol) The one where frozenflame was the cop. That's what we were talking about, right?

Also, oh my god did you seriously just say that. Are you kidding me with the "x player is so good that he is too dangerous to have around as scum" argument? I thought that was only used in NEWBIE GAMES. ****, Nicholas. Don't forget that I am 11/12 confirmed town.

...that makes sense, nich.

i guess i was too fixated on the scummy control factor. being able to dictate who mafia nightkills seems really nice. if the player claims to not be able to shoot then it left great wifom for mafia to figure out if that person was a bomb or a cop. i guess the best thing cop's can do is find that guilty on the inheritor/tactician.

good point about Teemo.

huh @ stopping the alpha strike?
Okay, I know this one is Riddle and not Omni.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
EE, you skimmed my argument. That is not at all I was saying. What I was saying is that should you be the godfather, there is no way mafia would have you suicide like Omni was suggesting.

@Omni/riddle
Huh, I missed that. I thought he was subject to it for the rest of the game. My mistake.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Also, I don't think TSM is test subject mafia, considering that ronike modded that game. Tom was giving an example of his town-play, I think.

Teemo

Smash Rookie
walking to Canada for delicious cheesecake
Oh. I misread your argument big-time (big tieum. beeg tyme. slappa da baass beeg tiyem) then. Strike my opposition from the record, note that this was in fact EE that made the mistake and not Tom (cuz he is way too awesome to do that), and carry on my wayward son.

Also, I thought we were talking about when frozen was a cop?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chacotaco, Townie has been gunned down by Teemo!

Night 1 Begins now!

Please send in all night actions ASAP!

I will update this post with the Day 2 start time later today.

Please refrain from posting in the thread while it remains unlocked.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Day 2 is scheduled to begin in roughly 12 hours, @ 2:30 AM EST on July 10th.

The thread will remain locked for likely the majority of that period, but if it is unlocked earlier please continue to refrain from posting until I make the post to officially start the day.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
So Teemo (and everyone else), now that we know Chaco is town, what sort of information do we gather from it?

Day 1 - Bad Idea Mafia - Votecount
Overswarm - (2) Omni, Chaco
Chuckie - (1) Chibo
Chacotaco (6) - Gheb, TheDocsAlive, Chuckie, Overswarm, Ronike, ligolski
Nicholas (1) - MetaKirby

Not Voting: Rockin, Mentosman8, KevinM, Teemo, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, McCloud, Ligolski, EaxLune

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

-----------
Last 'vote count' fyi (there were a few other 'votes' but no one else voted Chaco).

@McCloud: No more lists please.

@Meta-Kirby: Do you seriously think Gheb was fishing for information? Lists aren't that useful to Town, but they really aren't useful for scum either, unless everyone or a at least a majority of town is making them.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Chibo, you mean this:

I'm thinking the best course of action would to prevent such things being discussed would be for Teemo to be shot within 24 hours of Day 2 unless a cop gets a guilty and claims it. If no cops find a guilty, then we get to kill Teemo and make sure all is well and prevent us from another potential couple of kills. If a cop claims an guilty person, we should who they found.
If it's a real cop and we shoot their guilty then we have a 50/50 shot of nailing the inheritor (which is extremely important since it's a potential 2nd mafia daykiller and once they get their inherit on cops can't detect em cause they're like a GF).
If it's scum fake claiming that they got a guilty then when we kill their "guilty" target and see that it's not scum then on Day 3 we have a guaranteed scum victim (since we would obv kill the person that fake claimed cop), and that person has a 50/50 shot of being the inheritor.
Assuming you want Teemo shot, are you going to shoot Teemo in the next 24 hours? Or who would you have do it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not everyone chimed in on the topic and im not about to do anything on my own without proper discussion

i also wanna get a quick re read in the morning now knowing omni and chaco's roles

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OS reminds me of me when I was mafia in the original BIM. i basically came up with this elaborate plan that purposely omitted small but key details that put mafia in an advantageous situation. i actually just pulled the same stunt in a current mafia game in BBR that just ended.

[...]

so yea, Overswarm needs to shoot our next top candidate for lynch toDay. i dont see the gf putting that much attention on himself so best case scenario he's a goon
i think a better question is which one of these parrots were the scummiest:

Mentions Ronike parroting Tom [which I find kind of useless now] and eaux, nick and chaco as parrots.
These are the posts with stronger connections.

@ligolski, mentos, rockin, mccloud

Who out of the people Omni mentions do you find scummiest: Overswarm, Ronike, Eauxlune or Nick? Why do you think one of these is scummy? Is anybody out of them scummy? If not, who is? Do you think it's a good idea to look at Omni's posts like that and use it as basis for discussion?

uh

dislike
That's a good point Omni, I'd missed that.

Vote: Eauxlune until we get an explanation.
Nich sure does seem eager to be on the offensive at a weirdly early stage in the game. First claiming that claimed bombs should be shot-on-claim (cuz they're OBVIOUSLY mafia in disguise, amirite) and now this very quick mis-read parrot. (dyslexic parrot?) I don't likeeeeee.

Vote: Nich!
Interesting course of action here. Omni dislikes eaux, followed by Nick voting eaux [another parrot] - then Meta votes for Riddle [for reasons I find to be weak].

this doesn't seem very authentic.

unvote
Vote: Ronike

lots of people hoppin on the chaco wagon. interesting. not that i dont blame them but i'd only be hopping on there because he's being more silly than scummy.
The Chaco wagon was quite fast and stacked. I think people who nudged him without shooting or voting are more suspect. I'm also fairly suspicious of ligolski and Ronike (two people, who hopped the Chaco wagon quite handily).

Ronike, why the convenient jump on Chaco? You were grilling Tom all day and also seemed fairly suspect of Overswarm. Chaco was a lot easier to jump though, am I right?

Don't get a scum vibe from Chaco at all tbh.
Xonar vibe is right once again

/pats myself on the back
Investigate me :D
Are you the GF?

And yes I saw your question, Gheb. Too much to iso now, but a couple things have changed in light of the daykill.
Then please tell me now what you think of mentosman, Rockin, ligolski, Xonar, Chuckie and eauxlune in particular.

Xonar
Ronike
ligolski
KevinM
Meta-Kirby
McCloud
EauxLune

Rockin
Mentosman
Chuckie
Adum
Chibo
TDA
Overswarm
Teemo
Nick

Gheb

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, got a few things to say here. I just want to ask for everyone to please refrain from shooting someone (especially Teemo).

Ronike

Smash Ace
I jumped on the Chaco wagon cause he was suspicious and wasn't admitting to it. I didn't want him shot that early though...

I got off OS because I have a non-game related reason to want to see him die, and I realized that if I didn't get off his case, I'd be tunneling him all game long.

I don't think I was ever grilling teemo except on why he didn't find os suspect.

Which reminds me, why do you have Tom and os so high in your town list?

@EE, what do you think of toms shot. Had you been here conversing with him would you have told him to shoot?

:( @ omniriddle dying. Had a good read on him.

And not to quickshotting teemo

ligolski

Smash Rookie
These are the posts with stronger connections.

@ligolski, mentos, rockin, mccloud

Who out of the people Omni mentions do you find scummiest: Overswarm, Ronike, Eauxlune or Nick? Why do you think one of these is scummy? Is anybody out of them scummy? If not, who is? Do you think it's a good idea to look at Omni's posts like that and use it as basis for discussion?
I guess I would say Ronike because he's been laying low. I can't say any particular action is truly scummy just suspicious. A for using his posts, you can only get so far doing that. This is because he knew nothing technically about anyones true allegiance. The mafia could have killed him bc he knew nothing and are trying to get us on the wrong people or perhaps they killed him bc he was pointing fingers at the wrong people. We surely won't be able to find out until more people die.

The Chaco wagon was quite fast and stacked. I think people who nudged him without shooting or voting are more suspect. I'm also fairly suspicious of ligolski and Ronike (two people, who hopped the Chaco wagon quite handily).
I voted him simply because his play was stupid/suspicious, no more no less. It added the pressure, though it didn't turn out the way I would have liked with the quick kill on him.

Then please tell me now what you think of mentosman, Rockin, ligolski, Xonar, Chuckie and eauxlune in particular.

Xonar
Ronike
ligolski
KevinM
Meta-Kirby
McCloud
EauxLune

Rockin
Mentosman
Chuckie
Adum
Chibo
TDA
Overswarm
Teemo
Nick

Gheb

:059:
Im thinking that ligolski character is town, but I don't know about the rest :p

A point that I want to make now on why I know think Teemo is town. The GF would be bat sh** insane to kill someone day one. Because if he did hit a bomb, it cuts the effectiveness of the mafia in one fell swoop way too soon in the game. Logically the GF wouldn't kill until later in the game when there are fewer people and perhaps a bomb rewired, ect ect. It's just too early to go on a rampage and risk so much.

I think we should focus attention on those who have laid low and just stayed under the radar through the first day.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I want to see more out of Ronike. A LOT more. Ronike, who's the play and why isn't it you?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
When looking back at D1, I still didn't understood why Chaco was scummy. Some people (or at least one, I forget who) claimed he played retartedly in the PW Mafia. I'll vouche that the reason why he played like that so he could attract attention away from the others and let his scummates look townie (especially if they hammered him). I don't see much chances of someone playing this tactic due to all three of the scum's powers seems important (not to mention everyone is a vig).

Let's look at the vote count from D1

Day 1 - Bad Idea Mafia - Votecount
Overswarm - (2) Omni, Chaco
Chuckie - (1) Chibo
Chacotaco (6) - Gheb, TheDocsAlive, Chuckie, Overswarm, Ronike, ligolski
Nicholas (1) - MetaKirby

Not Voting: Rockin, Mentosman8, KevinM, Teemo, Xonar, Adumbrodeus, McCloud, Ligolski, EaxLune

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

-----------
Notice how there's 6 people on Chaco and none of them are Teemo (nor did any of those people are on the list shot him

This is the main reason why I dislike the vote count system in this game. Each of us is a vig, so there's no need for this. Worst off, people pressured could look back at the list and say "Hey, I pressured ______ on __ so **** off!". I stressed this before, but I feel we should just come up with an agreement of who's scummy and have someone/ourselves shoot him. I feel that voting is a fake contribute in this game.

Now, I would like to speak my issues with a few players. Mainly Teemo and Nicholas

Notice in post no. 194 That Teemo was against shooting Ronike due to it being early in the game (as well as his scummy play usually = him being town). That's fine and dandy, as (according to the date on this post),the game started a day ago.

Now look at 239 where he shot Chaco -23 hours- later.

I feel that Teemo heavily contradicted himself on that moment (in terms of when he wanted to shoot). It WAS early in the game to shoot anyone and a wasted shot IMO.

You can implement a vote like type system if you want, but this game is about shooting the players that you think are scummy. I disagree with Chaco's play, and I think he's scummy. I don't like the gambit he made towards Gheb, it made no sense, and it reminded me of his behavior in Phoenix Wright mafia that made no sense before he replaced out. I also know that many other people think he is scummy, so I took the shot.
Worst off, I'm sure I didn't see a reason from you two about Chaco being scummy till TWILIGHT came. I know you two would at least give out some form of reason behind your said actions. The only time you spoke about chaco is when 'he was acting defensive'.

Mentos, Rockin?

I don't like you.
I still havn't heard your reason yet.

That's a good point Omni, I'd missed that.

Vote: Eauxlune until we get an explanation.
I really dislike how you mention this and then suddenly back off when someone else corrected what Eauxlune, nor how you played it off like a simple mistake. It's like you're either trying to buddy up or trying to just blend in.

Do not like.

kind of interested at why no one has questioned my vote
Why did you brought it up in the first place? Do you want someone to pay attention to you?

Gheb that is HARDCORE fishing for information. Just a few posts above, it was mentioned NOT to give scum the opportunity to see who is trusted/who is not, and now your post?

Unvote Vote: Gheb_01

for that.
Err...how is it fishing? He just wants to know from an another opinion about what does he think of a few people. Gheb knows how sometimes I'm quiet and seem to coast through the game (never really my intention though...). Like several others, it seems Gheb finds my alignment blank/neutral

So we can talk about how hot Taylor Lautner is.

Anyone not on Team Jacob will be daykilled immediately tomorrow.
err...why did you decide to joke during twilight?

I don't think Tom is scum if thats worth a grain of salt
Can you please explain?

All the people that was on the Chaco wagon - Did you all REALLY found him scummy? Also, why didn't neither of you shoot him?

Mentos - If you're back from V/LA, we'd like for you to post now and tell us what you think thus far :p

Top Bottom