• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Commentary/Smash Wikipedia of the Love Thread

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I made this thread to list the random words and phrases I say during commentary, playing smash, and in regular speech like quit life, flutter hush, etc. Other people who have done commentation have used some of my sayings. So some people make the mistake sometimes that those commentators made up those sayings. I've made up almost all the words and phrases I'll be listing. My good friend WarriorKnight made up a few of those sayings, but I've used them in commentary and made them mainstream. So without further ado, here's my list. I hope I remember all of them lol. Shoutout to WarriorKnight, NY peoples, No Ca$h aka Lunar (for motivating me to finally make this thread), the Smash community and shoutouts :)

I won't remember all my words and phrases off the bat so I'll be updating this thread with more sayings as I remember them. In addition, I'll be updating this thread with video examples for some of the sayings as well.

Quit Life
The origin of this phrase came from the word, quit. From quit, it evolved to the phrase, quit smash. Then it evolved into quit life. Although quit is still used just as much as quit life. Quit or quit life can be used in various situations. One example is someone holding a tray of their food and just ends up tripping. That's a quit/quit life moment.

Drink DJ's
This phrase means when someone has DI'ed or needs to DI a move extremely well like me. DJ's is Tropicana's Antioxidant Advantage juice. It tastes great, it strengthens your immune system, and it helps improve a person's DI. Omega DJ's is Tropicana's Healthy Heart with Omega-3 juice. Its just like DJ's except it keeps your heart strong.

...of the Love
Almost anything can be of the Love, whether its smash related or not. The world needs more love. Thats way I say it alot. Smash-wise, alot of moves can be of the Love. Falcon's Knee is definitely a knee of the Love. Although a move like Peach's down smash can never be of the Love. The phrase can also be cut short to just love. So for example, "That Fox is gettin' loved mad hard right now."

-teezy tho cuz
This phrase is similar to ...of the love, in which its added at the end of anything. An example would be, "That dude definitely DI'ed the love out of that forward smashteezy tho cuz!" It can also be used as just -teezy tho.

Dead
This word is yelled out when someone is just about to get hit to die.

Tomahawk
The Tomahawk is an advanced mindgame technique. There are different versions of it. The most known, effective, and original one is an empty full hop or short hop into grab. Other kinds of Tomahawks include platform, ledge, or empty full hop and short hop into an attack Tomahawks. Of course there are reverse Tomahawks as well. There are various definitions and things for Tomahawk. The name came up randomly and it sounds cool for the technique anyway.

The Akuma or Akuma Approach
When Doc's shoots two pills while doing two full hops, then walking while the two pills continue bouncing forward. I got the name from Akuma and the way he shoots his fireballs in the air.

More Coverage Than Verizon
This phrase means when someone is correctly covering all of their opponent(s)'s options at the time. This also applies for teams too. Verizon has the best reception so it only makes sense for me to name a situation like that.

Mad Cute or Mad Sex
I use this phrase when someone is playing really well and on point. In addition, if someone did something flashy or a beast combo. For example, "This dude is on point. Definitely lookin' mad sex right now!"

No DI
When someone doesn't DI a move well, this needs to be said, especially yelled out and super fast. WarriorKnight is known for saying this so fast that its hilarious.

PRESSHHAA
This word means when someone is pressuring their opponent really well. For example, Fox nair shining someone's shield mad fast. Of course PRESSHHAA comes from the word, pressure. It needs to be said the way I've spelled it so it can be funnier and have more dramatic effect.

Get Clipped
This phrase means when someone gets hit by a move that either hits them softly or has a slicing noise. Examples are Falco's uair or Falco's down tilt.

The Maury
This phrase means when someone does unnecessary attacks hitting someone or extending a combo or edgeguard for no reason when the person should be dead already. For example, Fox hit Falco off stage and all the Fox has to do to get the kill is grab ledge and stay there so Falco won't make it. Just as Falco was going to drop down after his up-B, Fox jumps off stage and bairs him, which is unnecessary. This is called The Maury because the show is full of unnecessary situations, etc.

The Jerry Springer
This phrase is similar to The Maury except its when someone hits their opponent out of disrespect when they're clearly already dead. So almost like the example I said right above, Falco is falling down from his up-B and is about to reach death when Fox drops down from the ledge just to shine him before he reaches death. Its called The Jerry Springer because we know the show is all about disrespect.

Steve Urkel
This phrase means when someone is running around their opponent like crazy, whether they're hitting him/her or not. Although it applies more when that person is strictly running around their opponent without attacking. This is called the Steve Urkel because, well, we all know how Steve Urkel was in Family Matters. Runnin' around doing crazy nonsense.

Tight Battle
This phrase is yelled out when both players are evenly matched with the same stocks.

Destruction
This word means when someone is getting destroyed in a match, like about to get four-stocked for example. It also means if someone was getting destroyed by a beast combo or zero to death combo.

Flutter Hush
I came up with this name for Fox and Falco's fair. They're just fluttering kicks in the air so I thought it makes sense. I got the name from an enemy move in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. By the way, no one knows about that game more than I do and its my favorite game of all-time.

Laser Type/Shine Type Pokemon
These are mentioned when its a Fox and Falco fight. Falco is the laser type and Fox is the shine type.

Dragonball Z Moment
This means when two characters hit each other at the same time and fly away to the opposite directions of the stage.

Papi Chulo
This means doing a really smooth waveland, especially if it leads to an attack or Tomahawk. Its called Papi Chulo because a Papi Chulo is smooth with the ladies.

Washing Machine
Peach's down smash. If the Peach player is repeatedly hitting her opponent with washing machines, then I usually say that she's rinse and repeating her opponent.

Payless Shoes
Peach's shoes. Her shoe attacks like her uair hurt so much because they're so d*mn cheap like Payless.

Burger King Crown
Peach's fair.

El Culo (The A$$ in spanish)
Peach's bair.

The Rihanna Combo
Peach's up-B when its part of a combo. In addition, from the song 'Umbrella' by Rihanna.

Vegetales (Vegetables in spanish)
Peach's down-B.

Chun-Li
Yap Yap Yap! Fox and Falco's last move from their A, A, A combo.

Dynasty
Sheik's up-smash when its tippered. I made up the name because Sheik puts her hands together like she's symbolizing Jay-Z's album, The Dynasty: Roc La Familia.

Breakdance
Sheik's down smash.

Salsa Down Smash
Ganon's down smash.

The Batmobile
Ganon's down-B.

Construction Boots
Ganon's dair.

Shoulder Thrust
Samus, Ganon, and Falcon's dash attack.

Papaya Smack
Samus's forward smash.

Banana Kick
Samus's nair.

Proton Cannon
Samus's Full Charge Shot.

The UFC
Samus's Ultimate Fire Combo, which involves Samus's fair to down tilt to up-smash.

Mozilla Firefox
Fox's Up-B.

Lugz
Falcon's boots.

Wonton Soup Combo/Stage
The combo involves it ending with Falcon's forward smash. The stage is Brinstar. I came up with the name Wonton Soup for Brinstar because the stage looks just like the order with the lava being the same color.

King Arthur
Marth's up smash when its tippered.

Jet Blue
Marth's up-B. I came up with the name because the sound of his up-B sounds like a plane or jet.

Garnett
The name for my fair with Dr. Mario. HMW is of course Kobe and Shroomed is LeBron.

Metrocard
Game and Watch's fair.

Ebony & Ivory
Zelda's fair and bair. Ebony is the fair and Ivory is the bair. I got the name from Devil May Cry. Dante named his two pistols, Ebony & Ivory.

Shoryuken
Luigi's sweetie spot up-B.

Baseball Slide
Mario and Dr. Mario's dash attack.

Ken's Back Throw
Pikachu's back throw. I got the name because its very similar to Ken's back throw from Street Fighter.

The Chuck Norris of Smash
Darkrain. I see him as the Chuck Norris of Smash because he doesn't give a f*ck about anything. He goes straight to business.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
35% my idea

edit- oh snaps i got a shoutout =] make me an apprentus of yours, cactus is way too relentless. quit.

Ace55

Smash Lord
First of I wanna say I really like the way you commentate DJ. However, 'quit life' is, at least to me, basically the same as 'go kill yourself'. When close to you has actually done that every time I hear it I basically break down. I'm sure you don't actually mean it that way, especially since you use(d) it like every 10 seconds, but I just had to let you know.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
First of I wanna say I really like the way you commentate DJ. However, 'quit life' is, at least to me, basically the same as 'go kill yourself'. When close to you has actually done that every time I hear it I basically break down. I'm sure you don't actually mean it that way, especially since you use(d) it like every 10 seconds, but I just had to let you know.
quit life !

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if darkrain is chuck norris than isai is bruce lee. nobody beats bruce lee.

somebody has to put these on urban dictionary LOL

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Thanks everyone. It definitely was about time I did this lol. I will be updating this thread when more funny sh*t comes to mind and with video examples.

That'll be cool if this got stickied but I doubt it lol.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
*Thread updated

Newest additions: Dead, The Akuma or Akuma Approach, Get Clipped, Dragonball Z Moment, El Culo, Umbrella-ella-ella, Shoulder Thrust, Shoryuken, and Baseball Slide.

Mooney: You are correct. Although Chops and I say it all the time and he didn't care that I use it on commentary and make those words mainstream.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
pretty sure Fox & Falco's fair are actually "Squid kicks" cuz they're all squid-like during them.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
some of these were sorta unoriginal. i mean like, some of them were said before you started commentating.

-dead
-umbrella ella ella (i heard this for peach before i even started playing smash competitively lol)
-dbz moment
-destruction
-no di
-breakdance

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I always called Fox/Falco's f-air "crazy legs."

And there is NO reason we should ever stop calling those shoulder dash attacks the Windmill of Fury. Ever.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
u should make one up for getting rested out of taunt punish
:laugh:

some of these were sorta unoriginal. i mean like, some of them were said before you started commentating.

-dead
-umbrella ella ella (i heard this for peach before i even started playing smash competitively lol)
-dbz moment
-destruction
-no di
-breakdance

yeah lol, basically what i was saying, some of these i heard ages before i ever heard DJN even commentate.

some of these are so common, like tight battle? LOL. and pressure being spelled different doesn't change the meaning mang.

Top Bottom