• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Minute Brawl Tourney CANCELLED!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
NO RIDE = NO SETUPS :(

Too lazy to write too much so i'm going to so the generic W5H

Where: TFNS in downtown toronto

1444 Dupont St. Unit 15, Toronto On M6P 4H3

If you are coming by TTC you have either the option to get off and Lansdown STN and take the 47 north to Dupont and just walk 2 mins west or you can get off at Dupont STN and take the 47 going west and get off 1 stop after Lansdown.

What: Super Smash Bros Brawl Casuals Tournament (singles, maybe doubles)

When: Saturday, July 31st, 2010, starting at 12pm (registration) - 1pm then tourney starts at 1pm till finish (approx 8-9pm)

Why: Cause I wanna play brawl :/

How:

5$ venue
10$ singles

Payouts: 60/30/10

-3 Stock
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Team attack on
-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned. Planking is not allowed.
-DDD's Sanding & walking infinite are not allowed.
-Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
-35 LEDGE GRAB LIMIT. If a player surpasses the limit and the timer runs out, the player who surpassed the limit automatically loses regardless of stock or percent. If both players surpass the limit and the timer runs out, the player who will win is determined by 1st stock and then percentage.

Infinite Grabs: Gentlemen's rule (we don't like it, but if you need to do it to win, go right ahead).

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List:

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:

Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Banned:

Everything else.

Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock 2 minute match will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. If Bowser's suicide klaw, Ganondorf's flame choke, Kirby's swallow, DDD's swallow, Diddy's monkey flip, or Wario's bite is the cause of both players dying on their final stock, the player who initiated the attack wins the match.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or

-Sonic and Lucario can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

General Rules:

-no illegal substances, no alcohol, no green.
-don't smell, please shower
-Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
-Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

Who:

Doesn't matter anymore

Gichan

Smash Champion
lol, **** this, I would have gone that day for the ssfiv team tourney. And tin, maybe you should let someone with better time management host this, no offence but i hear your tournies are like 24 hrs quiki mart style.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll see you all there. I'm definitely showing up. Might have a Wii. I'll get Douhneill to bring his Wii. Won't be hard, he usually actually carries it around with him everywhere.

*EDIT* Oh joy. Norfair AND Pirate Ship banned. *sigh*

Dice01

Smash Rookie
get hype!
(Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters) ...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
confirm dat wii ASAP plz, sonner the better.
He's in summer school right now or I'd have called him.

I won't be able to confirm mine, unfortunately. It's technically my Mum's, and she changes her mind all the time on stuff.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
depends on setups and entrants ^

if its gonna be under 25 like expected then prob straight bracket would be best

Cruxis

Smash Lord
****, im not sure if i shud go to this one or Nylas....Im only allowed 1 this summer....
my friend i used to be in the exact same situation as you, im guessing ur parents dont approve of tournies?

same with mine. its so simple to get past it.

just learn to bus. say "im going out." and just go. if ur parents ask where say a friends house, a park, a mall, w/e its not like theyre gonna follow u

or, find someone who can drive you if the bus is too far.

dont let your parents limit you if you wanna go.

but if u really cant get past this, go to nylas, this is too last minute, nylas will have a bigger turnout.

and dont ever count the pre-reg list, there have been tournies that over half the people who pre-reg dont show

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
my friend i used to be in the exact same situation as you, im guessing ur parents dont approve of tournies?

same with mine. its so simple to get past it.

just learn to bus. say "im going out." and just go. if ur parents ask where say a friends house, a park, a mall, w/e its not like theyre gonna follow u

or, find someone who can drive you if the bus is too far.

dont let your parents limit you if you wanna go.

but if u really cant get past this, go to nylas, this is too last minute, nylas will have a bigger turnout.

and dont ever count the pre-reg list, there have been tournies that over half the people who pre-reg dont show
thanks for the advice....I dunno the thing is I wud like to go to more, (I may be completely off) but i usually just use tournies as a proving grounds. Where all my months of practice on wifi and the oli boards r put to the test. Which is why I try going to the biggest tournies in Toronto.

I used to have a friend, who went to tournies all the time named Darkaura. But he doesnt go anymore. If he did I'd be going to a lot more.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
make sure ur parents don't call ur friends, or don't have ur friends home number. if they have a friends cell #, make sure ur friend is in on it and tell him not to pick up.

.Marik

is a social misfit
thanks for the advice....I dunno the thing is I wud like to go to more, (I may be completely off) but i usually just use tournies as a proving grounds. Where all my months of practice on wifi and the oli boards r put to the test. Which is why I try going to the biggest tournies in Toronto.

I used to have a friend, who went to tournies all the time named Darkaura. But he doesnt go anymore. If he did I'd be going to a lot more.
Just get some money, and walk out. What will your parents do? Beat you? Do absolutely nothing?

Most parents have trouble realizing their little babies are now grown up.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Douhneill can't bring a TV.

Still annoyed noone bothered to mention Brawl at York was canceled.

Dice01

Smash Rookie
wow i keep forgetting that this community has alot of youths.

Anyways yea the York tourney failed hard I guess due to lack of getting a room my friends called me and told me about it. If anything it should be more incentive for you guys to make it out to this one now.

Top Bottom