• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metrocon Twilight Showdown @ Metrocade Storm - 7/24/10

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone who came out! We definitely need help with setups next year. We only had 3 TVs to work with. Huge thanks to Brad Steelix for bringing his Melee setup.

I apologize for asking everyone for their name like 98930284209 times. The Smash scene is still a bit new for me. I've met a bunch of cool people though and I'm glad to have run this tournament for you guys.

If you have any suggestions, praises, rants, or general comments about how the tournament was ran or the game room in general, please post them here!

Hope to see you guys at EXPCON! October 9-11, 2010! (expcon.org)

Brawl Bracket:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2086/brawl.gif

Brawl Results:

1: Fire Lord Ozai ($380.00)
2: Taiga ($110.00)
3: SuperWolf ($55.00)
4: M!X
5: DotheDash
5: ******
7: Veggi
7: Aglow
9: Mike Lorenzo
9: Gato
9: Nomeg
9: Ryan Knott
13: Phillip
13: John
13: Ryder
13: Moog
17: Lexie
17: Daddy
17: Wolf
17: Kenny Johnson
17: Chris Petrosky
17: Natsu
17: Lance Akiro
17: Thomas Hiep
25: Monster
25: Randy Rodriguez
25: Gray
25: Chris Rocchio
25: Wayne McClain
25: Jonny Rutter
25: Amanda Gonzalez
25: Jimmy
33: Dillon Warren
33: Chris Mckenzie
33: Ronan
33: The Eggman
33: Jason R.
33: Rory
33: Andrew Hale
33: Jason C.
33: Carrie Miner
33: Tim Rodriguez
33: Jacob Gibbons
33: Sheik SSBM
33: Theo
33: Zack
33: Dan The Man
33: Trump Tight
49: Andre Christensen
49: Tony
49: Robert Robinson
49: Michael
49: Megaman 36
49: James

Melee Bracket:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8093/melee.gif

Melee Results:

1: Fire Lord Ozai ($70.00)
2: Brad Steelix ($20.00)
3: Rick Rohins ($10.00)
4: Blaq
5: Michael Lee
5: Michael Taylor
7: Takao
7: Lance Akiro
9: Carrie
9: Dan The Man

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Good stuff RedHalberd winning both (I'm assuming you are Fire Lord Ozai for Melee as well, correct me if I'm wrong).

Quite shocked at seeing TrumpTight and SheikSSBM place so low, but then I saw the bracket and saw that they had Halberd first round and second round respectively and then lose so early in loser's (although they played some good people).

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Didn't keep track of characters. Sorry. Never knew that was an important detail. I shall know to keep track next time.

I do know that Fire Lord Ozai was Snake. Taiga was Diddy. (As far as Brawl is concerned)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Can you give names of who these people are or at least maybe who they used? It's kinda frustrating seeing these types of postings...
Sorry Mr.Stern, Tyger is more involved with the Tekken and Street Fighter scenes, not much (if at all) with the Smash Scene, so I'll help you out.

Granted, I wasn't at this tourny so I'ma get some characters wrong.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Brawl Results:

1: Fire Lord Ozai (RedHalberd) ($380.00) :snake: :metaknight:
2: Taiga (Mampam) ($110.00) :diddy: :snake: :dedede: :metaknight:
3: SuperWolf ($55.00) :falco: :metaknight:
4: M!X :snake:
5: DewDaDash :dedede:
5: ****** :rob:
7: Veggi :mario2: :peach: :dk2:
7: Aglow :popo:
9: Mike Lorenzo :falcon: :ganondorf:
9: Gato :pit: :ness2:
9: Nomeg :olimar:
9: Ryan Knott :diddy:
13: Phillip :metaknight:
13: John :zerosuitsamus:
13: Ryder :marth:
13: Moog :peach:
17: Lexie :pikachu2:
17: Daddy :random:
17: Wolf :random:
17: Kenny Johnson :random:
17: Chris Petrosky :random:
17: Natsu :random:
17: Lance Akiro :falco:
17: Thomas Hiep :marth:
25: Monster :random:
25: Randy Rodriguez :falco:
25: Gray :random:
25: Chris Rocchio :random:
25: Wayne McClain :random:
25: Jonny Rutter :random:
25: Amanda Gonzalez :random:
25: Jimmy :random:
33: Dillon Warren :random:
33: Chris Mckenzie :random:
33: Ronan :rob:
33: The Eggman :random:
33: Jason R. :random:
33: Rory :random:
33: Andrew Hale :random:
33: Jason C. :falco: :shiek:
33: Carrie Miner :random:
33: Tim Rodriguez :random:
33: Jacob Gibbons :random:
33: Sheik SSBM :luigi2:
33: Theo :random:
33: Zack :random:
33: Dan The Man :random:
33: Trump Tight :falco: :fox:
49: Andre Christensen :random:
49: Tony :random:
49: Robert Robinson :random:
49: Michael :random:
49: Megaman 36 :random:
49: James :random:

Melee Results:

1: Fire Lord Ozai (RedHalberd) ($70.00) :shiek:
2: Brad Steelix ($20.00) :random:
3: Rick Rohins ($10.00) :samus2:
4: Blaq :random:
5: Michael Lee :random:
5: Michael Taylor :random:
7: Takao :random:
7: Lance Akiro :random:
9: Carrie :random:
9: Dan The Man :random:
If they have question marks, I probably don't know who they are.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Nice job on running the tourney even with all the other stuff going on and the lack of setups+people not responding. It was a lot of fun.

Edit: I used Mario the most actually by about one match. Throw him on there.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
13. :D
John used ZSS, Phillip used MK, Ryan Knott used Diddy, m00g used Peach, Thomas used Marth, Mic used Ganon/C. Falcon, Nomeg used Olimar, Aglow used ICies, Superwolf used Falco (and MK, I think), Ryder used Marth...
Can't remember anymore. Photographic memory fails me. :(

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
serioulsy this tourney sucks balls. only 1 mk and he didnt make top 10. what kind of msg is this sending.
where is my azn negro dolo @. probably got my johns :O.

CO18

Smash Hero
serioulsy this tourney sucks balls. only 1 mk and he didnt make top 10. what kind of msg is this sending.
where is my azn negro dolo @. probably got my johns :O.
rofl @ what kind of message is this sending

-!-

Smash Lord
RedHalber went MK on Sheikssbm on the third match, other then that I don't think he used him again. Also Mampam (Taiga) used Snake and DDD as well... Gato used Pit and Ness, for Lexie i think she only played Pikachu.. Jason C. went Sheik too, Randy Rodriguez used Falco and so did Lance Akiro

I had fun, but it was pretty tiresome...

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I am more involved with other fighting games. The Smash scene is all new for me, but I've learned quite a bit.

Anything else you guys wanna mention about the Game Room or the way things were run? Let me know! (Other than the lack of setups) *cry*

-!-

Smash Lord
No problem ;)

Yes, I am more involved with other fighting games. The Smash scene is all new for me, but I've learned quite a bit.

Anything else you guys wanna mention about the Game Room or the way things were run? Let me know! (Other than the lack of setups) *cry*
You did a pretty good job, I think the only issue was the lack of setups. We couldn't bring one ourselves cuz the car was really full... were the Naples Crew btw ohh and thanks for letting us go get some food... we never got to eat anything the whole day....

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
It was fun playing you -!- next time ill make sure the knee and spike will kill your snake. lol surviving knee and spike in same stock lol darn c4 :D

-!-

Smash Lord
ohh yea lol it was fun! Snake sure can live twice as much as others... or three XD

GGs bro! ;)

Veggi

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

1: Lade - It was fun talking to you and the rave was fun, for the portion I got to stay for. Gonna have to play you next time.

2: Mampam - Your Snake/Diddy/Dedede are so scary. I keep going to Delfino against Dededes thinking I can handle it if I don't get grabbed and then I forget about his chaingrab about 20 seconds later. Our matches were mad fun though.

3: SuperWolf - Cool meeting you, sick Falco.

4: M!X - Stop slaughtering my DK dude. I can't take it, haha.

7: Veggi - You suck lololol

7: Aglow - Your ICs are nuts. If you were underrated before Beefy's smash fest you probably won't be anymore. You were one of the coolest guys there and I hope to see you more often. I almost wanted to play you in bracket just because it would have been one of the most epic sets ever.

9: Mike Lorenzo - The statues AHHHHH!! Really, really clever Falcon. Kicked my Mario's *** second round. This guy...lmao. Sooo hard to approach and he mains Falcon, haha.

13: Ryder - That girl was sooo hot, dang. Fun matches we had, you'll probably get used to my Mario pretty quickly. I'm hoping you do because I don't want my Mario to overshadow my DK or Peach.

13: Moog - I never really met you before today and you're definitely cool even though you probably won't see this message. Walmart crew!

33: Jason C. - Love ya. Sexy Falco.

33: Trump Tight- Ahhhh that wasn't fair. You got bracket ***** sooo hard. Your Fox is sooo good though definitely don't let this get you down.

Edit:

Saint: Very nice ZSS. I didn't expect you to be so good!

ShiekSSBM: If you were the Luigi at Beefy's then I'm surprised you didn't get a higher spot especially after showing my Mario who gets the top bunk in our matches. Really great Luigi though.

Edit Remix Smashfest Edition:

Beefy: Thanks for hosting that sick fest. You scare me sometimes though. Lay off the women, lmao.

Proxy: Cool meeting you for the first time. Sleep is for the weak. Pichu is for the strong.

Ed: Double Ganon ain't gonna beat Trump and I.

Polmex: Polmex!! I'll get you next time. I'm not sure what your situation is now, but I hope you can make it to more fests.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS!!!

Brawl Bracket:
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2086/brawl.gif

Brawl Results:

1: Fire Lord Ozai ($380.00) -- Thanks again for everything. You are beast as ever. Good job almost losing to Shiek then not losing to him >_>/ GOOD SHEEE!!!!!!!

2: Taiga ($110.00) Who is this scrub XD ... we still haven't played any friendlies now that I am back. gj.

3: SuperWolf ($55.00) Yo dawg, as they say in Naples.

4: M!X - Fun friendlies at the fest! We can MM next time...IF YOU DARE! Show me how to beat ****** so I don't lose to him twice >_>

5: DotheDash I wasn't trolling you brosephus.

5: ****** - Stop wrecking me. Please stop wrecking me XD. You are a chill guy and a good smasher. I shall avenge myself!

7: Veggi - Good sheet taking that first game offa mampam. You are legit. Now you just need a main that isn't mario >_>

7: Aglow- Scrub

9: Mike Lorenzo WAY TO BEAST THAT MK

9: Nomeg- Good set bro. Don't take IC's to FD game one.

13: Ryder- Thanks for the ride over...Sorry we had to face each other. That's what you get for d-throwing that ness >_>

13: Moog- Nice getting to know you, and thanks for the ride! Look forward to playing in the future.

33: Sheik SSBM - Good set. You had me sweating for sure. It was fun watching your luigi.I never thought I'd see the day where I'd want to play vs snake instead of ROB as ice climbers.

33: Trump Tight- We are going beast mode this semester!

Thanks for hosting Tiger.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yay for results.

BTW Tyger I actually got 2nd place in Melee, Brad Steelix (Aka Harriettheguy) came back 2 sets from losers in grand finals (I 3-1'd him in WF, then he 3-0'd and 3-1'd me in GF).

The tourney itself was great and while it didn't run super quickly it was ran very smoothly and it was really enjoyable.

Shoutouts!

Tyger: Thanks a lot, you were a really laid back and well rounded host. Looking forward to EXPcon.

1: Fire Lord Ozai ($380.00) - This world will end in Fire. BAHAHAHAAHA
2: Taiga ($110.00) - Scrub
3: SuperWolf ($55.00) - Always good seein ya next time we should get some friendlies in
4: M!X - Nice seeing you as well, excuse me for walking out on the friendlies. Next time we'll get to play for sure.
5: DotheDash - You have much to learn young grasshoppa
5: ****** - You beat all my favorite people from Tampa :laugh:
7: Veggi - Had a lot of awkward fun at the rave, always a pleasure
7: Aglow - You were beasting all day, and you'll only keep getting better. Seeya thursday.
9: Mike Lorenzo - The manliest Falcon in FL holds it down again. LMFAO@timing out MK on brinstar.
9: Gato
9: Nomeg - Ewww Olimar lol. GGs bro.
9: Ryan Knott -
13: Ryder - Nickkkkk Sam wasn't there to cheer you on :(
13: Moog - We're the best at DDR.
17: Wolf - If you had been Super you would have placed top 3 ;)
17: Natsu
17: Lance Akiro
17: Thomas Hiep
33: SheikSSBM - Great matches man and KILLER WEEGEE. I haven't been so scared in a long time and I hope we can play some friendlies next time we're at a tourney together. Shame the Seeding got you so hard.

-!-

Smash Lord
@Veggie: lol next time we meet we should have a few friendlies and ill give u some tips against Snake. You can definitely make it closer :)
@Aglow: Yes we should MM! lol I soooo wanted to but on Thursday, as u recall, that trip was so long that we where all too tired. I wanted to go to bed as soon as we got to Matts house but I felt bad that everyone waited for us to not play at all. If it wasn't cuz of that I would of MM u there on the spot, but I didn't had much energy play let alone play a serious set. I wanted to participate on that tournament u guys made >_< ohh and at the Con, well with only two tvs the majority of the time, we couldn't even play friendlies :( Next time though for sure, I need practice against ICs lol but please... don't mess up XD u gotta do one grab = free stock! lol only way to get better is to play it like that to become super more defensive :p (for me of course) alwayz a pleasure daawg! ;)
RedHalberd: lol Yesss that was messed up jk we'll make it happen next time, like you said, or we'll just meet on a bracket eventually XD it was cool seeing u too.

EDIT: Did no one liked my Cosplay??? >_>

-!-

Smash Lord
lol true but Thanks! :) u never got to see my RPG 7 did ya??? I had one but only for the first day :( I'm a huge fan of the series, I should replay the whole series again >_> haven't played 'em in a long time lol

ohh btw my brother SuperWolf used MK too and so did mampam.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Was a good tourney even though I got out early.

red: that snake match up was fun lol, dead even. MK too good though. Yeah def want some friendlies next time.

aglow: what can i say, your IC's know what they're doing. I'll have to learn that match up and play you again sometime.

mampam: you're so loud, but funny lol. we gotta play next time.

Yummy: thanks so much for housing us the whole weekend. **** i didn't expect you to mac so many girls, no wonder you weren't competing at the tournament :laugh:

veggi: your mario was pretty good, keep practicing with him

Naples: good stuff reppin our region when i couldn't, especially SuperWolf on getting 3rd Good **** dawg!

Veggi

Smash Champion
lol true but Thanks! :) u never got to see my RPG 7 did ya??? I had one but only for the first day :( I'm a huge fan of the series, I should replay the whole series again >_> haven't played 'em in a long time lol
Oh, yeah. I saw it. I was kind of afraid that some kind of authority would question us about it, haha. Sorry I led you guys to such a horrible parking spot as well. I didn't know the area.

-!-

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah. I saw it. I was kind of afraid that some kind of authority would question us about it, haha. Sorry I led you guys to such a horrible parking spot as well. I didn't know the area.
lol its ok man :) u have a siiiick mario man, i saw a couple matches it was fun!

Veggi

Smash Champion
Thanks. Your Snake is a lot better though. I thought I had a grasp on the Snake matchup, but yours feels a lot different. I'm definitely going to have to play you some more if you come around again.

Mampam

Smash Ace
1: Fire Lord Ozai ($380.00) jama? ***** b bankin'
2: Taiga ($110.00) unyu? <--- this scrub johns during tourney, SD's matches, n then still climbs losers >__>
3: SuperWolf ($55.00) lol @ our matches
4: M!X got ta play u again, we will friendly next time
5: DotheDash <-- learn why u play this game son xD, ill try not to SD and get fwd smashed two matches in a row
5: ****** never played u
7: Veggi <--- i didnt think id get ***** playing aggressive as snake xD good **** on winning that, fun set
7: Aglow <--- ill give u rob practice, i used to main him
9: Mike Lorenzo <-- this manliness times out mks on brinstar
9: Gato - man, i need more pit practice, but ur ness really makes me fear shaky =(
9: Nomeg - sorry lol, i didnt know who u were
9: Ryan Knott
13: Ryder - thanks for calling me when it was my turn xD
13: Moog - shes taken ;D thanks for the ride
17: Wolf
17: Natsu - lol