• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 21 Results MELEE

Roman.

Smash Champion
Melee Singles

1: th0rn ($110.00) :falco: :mario: :marth: :falcon:
2: MattDotZeb ($60.00) :falco:
3: ArcNatural ($30.00) :fox:
4: Banks :shiek: :marth:
5: the french on my toast (roman) :fox:
5: Hayato :samus:
7: Mofo :fox: :ness: :falco:
7: Pat/Pro :fox:
9: Relax
9: Mafia
9: Kyu Puff
9: Sai
13: Xander
13: Nuris
13: SOLAR

- Pools Cutoff -

Melee Doubles
1: fleshwang (banks + th0rn) ($52.80)
2: Roman's Arc (roman + arc) ($28.80)
3: Solato (Hayato + SOLAR) ($14.40)
4: The Math Team (WeaponX + Sai)
5: Smashboards Tool Bag Train (Cogsmooch + Tiger)
5: Combonation (Pat/Pro + JHolla)
7: Mario Slayers (Xander + Chris)
7: You got moxie, kid, and I like it. (Mafia + Diesel)
9: Kogarasumaru (Omni + Wind)
9: The Fox and Marth Team (Erin + Thor)
9: Relax and baby cakes (Relax + His Female)
9: A good nickname (Mofo + Nuris)

The doubles bracket won't upload to photo bucket... gg.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
get fckin ***** BANKS!

edit: good **** nuris and xander

good job losing to matt, arc :rolleyes:

good job beating arc, matt!!!! =D

edit#2
wow th0rn yu suck
losing to irish in pools, what kinda scrub loses to irish mafia

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Fun =)

I'm gonna attempt to play Melee at the Brawl day tomorrow; wish me luck >_>

Banks

Smash Hero
shoutouts in progress

arc beat me up real good this time, all the games were close and balls to the walls. good **** bro, i'm gonna work on not getting beat by foxes

i so woulda beat mattdotzeb =p. matt we didn't even play once =(. but good stuff beating arc, you did done good

irish, you def kept it closer than last time. i was worried for a bit there forreelz, good stuff

roman, GG'z but you couldn't take my wrath this time bwahaha <33

hayato - kit's too goot! nice to see you once again old pal

Mofo - good games, you are very fun to play. your fox does a lot of cool stuff

[kartel was Sai btw, the people making it out of that pool got mixed up or something. you should fix that roman, because kartel is an actual other guy]

xHayatox

Smash Lord
1: th0rn ($110.00) - GG. I got z bonez to pick wisu joo. Next time next time i wilt be more prepared.
2: MattDotZeb ($60.00)- oh dis kit is real goot. realll fregin goot. nj
3: ArcNatural ($30.00) - GG. Very goot game. I got molested hard the 2nd game tho haha... I wilt be more prepared next time young lad.
4: Banks - oh this kits goot. hes really goot. cant touch em.
5: the french on my toast (roman) - Cant beat this kit. He just combos and juggles me.. :(
7: Mofo - Some fun close matches young lad. Over all games I played this day, I had the most fun playing and thinking againts you. its almost like a hardcore chess game.
7: Pat/Pro - this kits fox is super fast is like wtf.. lol mannnn
9: Relax - GG. Falcons are scarey to pulay wisu samoose.
9: Mafia - :( I was hoping to fight you. Maybe next time I will request that I play you first round.
9: Kyu Puff - no play?
9: Kartel - no play?
13: Xander - no play?
13: Nuris - Goot purin. i just veri experienced againts purin odawisu i will loose.
13: SOLAR - fun teaming son. fun set also in pools!

Melee Doubles
1: fleshwang (banks + th0rn) ($52.80) - I will get u nexu time.!!
2: Roman's Arc (roman + arc) ($28.80) - I was almost ready to go double peach! next time I'mm pulling out the real gunz
3: Solato (Hayato + SOLAR) ($14.40) - Not bad for a bunch of noobs.
4: The Math Team (WeaponX + Sai) no play?
5: Smashboards Tool Bag Train (Cogsmooch + Tiger) no play?
5: Combonation (Pat/Pro + JHolla) - Welcome home!
7: Mario Slayers (Xander + Chris) no play?
7: You got moxie, kid, and I like it. (Mafia + Diesel) - GG!
9: Kogarasumaru (Omni + Wind) no play?
9: The Fox and Marth Team (Erin + Thor)no play?
9: Relax and baby cakes (Relax + His Female) no play?
9: A good nickname (Mofo + Nuris) no play?

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
shoutouts tooooooooo

matt - for being nice and for friendlies

thorn -for being a sweet dude even though he's a million times better than me

mafia - for calling me a scrubby falco on livestream <3

dudutsai, alex and wepX - for being the homies

solar - for taking me under your wing and constantly reminding me to be a ***** with lasers and space better

my pool - for ****** me and making me feel worthless

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Mass Madness tournaments are extremely fun, but while I did enjoy myself, there were quite a few things that were upsetting for me...

1. I tied in terms of set wins and losses with Kartel (1-3), but in terms of individual matches, I was 5-7 and he was 3-6. I beat him directly, so it makes sense to me that I should move on.. I do feel bad that Matt was forced to make a decision like that, and no disrespect to him, but I still want to know how he managed to beat me in pools.

2. I back air'ed SOLAR off the edge for his last stock at high percent. The TV shut off just as he was about to recover. We redid the match. SOLAR seemed more upset about this than I was, and I did manage to pull through anyways, so I'm not too upset about this.

3. Against Banks, we had to restart no less than THREE TIMES due to TVs shutting off randomly. Once he had a percent lead at 4 stocks, but both other times, I was in the lead 4 stocks to 2. This sucks for both of us, but I do feel I got the short end of the stick, having to give up two rather large leads, and him having to give up a % lead.

To Matt: I'm not upset about the way things turned out for pools, because I know I could have played better and you wouldn't have had to make such a tough decision, plus it turned out alright anyways (though Kartel did get gayed out). I am still curious about the logic behind it. I'll try to find you online or something...

To Banks: The set we did play was very intense for me, and I'm glad we finally did get a game. I'm sure you understand the feeling I've got, because you gave up your lead first game... I guess there's nothing we could have done about it.

All in all, the only thing that was good about the tournament was the awesome people that were there, and the people that helped run it. I am very disappointed with the venue. Even though it's pretty much perfect all the time, TVs going out randomly was not good at all. I heard ArcNatural had the same thing happen to him, and I honestly got ***** by outside of smash things sooo much it made the tournament not fun.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Ties are supposed to be determined by who has more wins, not if you beat that person in a set and by the looks of it, you had more wins. If there are a tie in the wins then it goes to who loss less but in this case, it shouldn't matter since you had more wins.

. . . i think.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
For some reason they did it by who had less losses (maybe tio automatically does it like that?)

Anyways I love the venue... but the gamecubes randomly turning off thing was pretty bad...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
sai should have made it out, he won the head to head AND had a higher win to loss ratio

Banks

Smash Hero
I can speak for Matt on this, because i was there: he entered all the pools results into TIO and went by what it gave him as top 3. Some people apparently had a different way of resolving pool stuff, but matt ultimately went with what TIO gave him. I'm not sure if settings can be changed to make the results calculate differently, but he just went by what it said

and sai as for the matches, i understand completely because the same thing happened to me and Arc three or four times, and it was all during the first game and we had various leads at the time. That type of thing should never happen, but there should probably be a rule about what to do in that situation. IE start at stock count where it left off / start over or w.e

and if it makes any diff, from my point of view the percent lead i had was on the first attempt at the set so technically that is how it should have been, and the rest leads you got were part of the redo =p
but really, ****ty either way for both of us having to restart at all

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
i so woulda beat mattdotzeb =p. matt we didn't even play once =(. but good stuff beating arc, you did done good

We played. Remember? It was on Yoshis, you were marth, and I managed to get to 1 stock in less than a minute and still win the match even though you had all 4 of yours left.

It was a really stupid match.

also
That type of thing should never happen, but there should probably be a rule about what to do in that situation. IE start at stock count where it left off / start over or w.e
Ill put rules in for that just in case in the next MM thread. I'm really sorry about that happening to you guys, I didn't expect it to at all =/

Banks

Smash Hero
We played. Remember? It was on Yoshis, you were marth, and I managed to get to 1 stock in less than a minute and still win the match even though you had all 4 of yours left.

It was a really stupid match.
oh wow, how could i forget the best match of the day
can't forget the walltechs with marth that sent me so **** far away

possibly because it was less than one minute haha

we should definitely play way mo'

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
haha matt ur getting so good ... I love you

didnt makeit cuz i was visiting Darc and Dazwa in Kittery...

I really was there, Only 40 mins from my crib

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
1: th0rn ($110.00) lol mario. idk all that i think happened is i beat you in one match on pokemon stadium. fun stuff anyway we should play more, it's a learning experience for me.
2: MattDotZeb ($60.00): yeaaaa buddy
3: ArcNatural ($30.00) good ****
4: Banks fun matches, i'll get you one of these times
5: the french on my toast (roman) we didn't play :(
5: Hayato ****in' samus
7: Mofo D:
7: Pat/Pro we played teams a bit but nothing outside of that.
9: Relax: good **** man
9: Mafia: ****
9: Kyu Puff: peach is stupid
9: Sai: didn't see enough camping this time around
13: Xander: fun matches, luigi is ****
13: Nuris: lol hay
13: SOLAR: fun matches

Top Bottom