• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisiana Smash ~ LOST 6 (MK BANNED) ~ Lafayette, LA - 9/4/10

Curlz

Smash Lord

Louisiana Smash Presents:
LOST 6

September 4, 2010

MK IS BANNED

Dates/ Schedule:

4:00pm - Doubles and Singles Sign Ups Being
5:00pm - Brackets Made - Doubles Start
7:00pm - Singles Start

Fees:
SINGLES
$2 Venue Fee
$5 Entry Fee
NO REFUNDS
60/30/10 Pot Split

DOUBLES
$1 Venue Fee per person
$10 Entry ($5 per person)
NO REFUNDS
70/30 Pot Split

All prizes will paid with store credit.

Venue Info:
139 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506-6213
(337) 456-5163

The PnT is located inside a plaza which contains Jason's Deli, a Smoothie Factory, and a Cookie Factory. Across the street is a Piccadilly Cafeteria.

General Info:

GENERAL

My cell phone number is (337) 278 8137 if you have questions about anything.

-No drugs, alcohol, or smoking inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

BRAWL

MK BANNED

-Double Elimination
-3 stock; 7:00 Singles
-Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.
-Team attack on
-No items
-Ledge Grab Limit is 40
-Best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-Players may not intentionally manipulate a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress.
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-For Ganoncide and Bowsercide, it will always count as a win for the player who initiated the attack. For everyone else, the results screen is how the win will be decided. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-We'll call your match at least 3 times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No infinities past 300%.
-Marth's Infinite on Lucas and Ness is banned.
-King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario are banned.

No Excessive stalling. End infinites no later than 300%.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

ADVANCED SLOB PICKS

Game 1 is played by Stage Striking to pick a stage and then both players/teams pick their characters simultaneously.

When Game 1 is finished then starts Game 2 and the counterpick system. The winner of Game 1 bans a stage then the loser of Game 1 picks the next stage for Game 2. The winner of Game 1 then picks his/her character and then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins.

The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

Stage List:

Neutral

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

The rest.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So this is not locals only, even though it's an even number? Ok

Things may have gotten a little more interesting... I'll try to make it to this, but no promises.

ALSO, title has Louisiana spelled wrong. Take off that second S! Good job.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ken just got eliminated from the tournament.
Ken plays Snake too. It'd be interesting to see him play as someone other than MK. Lol.

So this is not locals only, even though it's an even number? Ok

Things may have gotten a little more interesting... I'll try to make it to this, but no promises.
The next Locals is probably gonna be next month. That way we gan get a decent tournament the month before Tasol.

ALSO, title has Louisiana spelled wrong. Take off that second S!
Whoopsies!

Edit: Just to let people know. I am entering this event. Its time to wash the rust off my ROB.

ChKn

Smash Ace
The next Locals is probably gonna be next month. That way we gan get a decent tournament the month before Tasol.
We need more than decent. We need the EGL.

-Ran

Smash Master
I might end up at this if I don't have a job by September, or if I have a job and I can't get off for Hobo.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Lafayette vs. Ran.

IDK we can run some stuff just for fun after the last bracket.

-Ran

Smash Master
I might be bringing my room mate to this. Time will tell if he's off. If he comes, he'll be my team mate. I just need to spend the next two weeks getting him up to snuff so he can expose Lafayette. =)

Edit: My room mate has work that day. =/

Curlz

Smash Lord
Baton Rouge has really expressed interest in coming. IceMann and Blaine want to come if there's a carpool from BR. Ran, if you're not taking anyone with you, you think you'd be able to pick up BR on the way?

I haven't heard from Randall yet, though. I'll try to get in touch with him tomorrow.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably gonna come, and I'd gladly pick up Blaine and Randall, unless justin uses the car for hobo.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Blain if you're coming, let's team up. I don't think the guy I might be paired up with will show.

Top Bottom