• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLASTv2 - Smells Like a Smash Tournament version 2: 09/18/2010, Wichita, KS

Which day would you rather have SLASTv2???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo. This is Mr. Doom, get it right.

KANSAS WICHITA, KS​

In the Middle of "Nowhere"
Brings You

Another smash tournament. I'm not apologizing for the corny title this time, so get wrecked. Anyway, Kansas is continuing its Wichita Monthly. Are you interested? You better be.
Oh yeah, this tournament will open things up with about 2 hours of friendlies and money matches! So bring your moneys and...

Saturday, September 18th, 2010

Venue: Alternate Realities
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/affinity2412/0778d5e0.jpg
Store Owner: Peter
Alternate Realities' Number: 316.927.3555
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alternate-Realities-Games-Entertainment-Wichita/136513679702431

NOTICE: This tournament is the second event of the KS-IA-MO Circuit!

Confirmed Attendants
Just let me know what state you're from and if you're bringing a setup or not.

Tournament Schedule
Schedule of Events (all in Central Daylight Time)
We have basically all day to get this tournament done, so none of that fast-paced time schedule bs like last time.
Registration for each event will end promptly 5 min before the event starts.
10:00 AM = Doors open. Start setting things up at this time and play your friendlies and/or money matches. Registration begins when I say it begins.
12:00 PM = Brawl Doubles begin. If you want, we can begin doubles as soon as the bracket has been finalized.
02:30 PM = Brawl Singles begin.
05:00 PM = BREAK TIME!! Get some food!
06:00 PM = Brawl Minus, if time permits, or if there is enough interest.
11:00 PM = Wrap up of tournament. I want to see that this venue looks the same way it did before we got there. Got it?
12:00 Midnight = Exit the venue.
Please be punctual at this tournament and play your matches when it is your turn to play them. I will NOT hesitate to disqualify you if you're twelve (12) minutes late.
Please be here on time. Please be here on time. Please be here on time.

Address:
8999 W Central Ave #103
Wichita, KS 67212
Map of Westlink Shopping Center
Alternate Realities is located on the southwest corner of Central and Tyler. It is right behind Taco Bell. You'll see the store with its letters in green.

All is Brawl Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10286

If you still have problems, questions, etc., please AIM Mr. Doom at MrDoom8000.

Fees/Events:
Venue: $5 (WAIVED if you bring a FULL setup, like a Wii, SSBB disc, and TV)
Brawl 1v1: $10
Brawl 2v2: $10 per person ($20 per team)
Brawl Minus: $2
No refunds! It messes up the pot amount.
__________________________________________________ _

HOUSING

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Alternate Realities (8999 W Central Ave #103, Wichita, KS 67212). It should show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.

If you want free housing, however, please make a post in this thread! I'm pretty sure you want free housing, right?

__________________________________________________ ___

SETUPS

Please please PLEASE bring full setups(Wii, TV, and SSBB). I can't stress this anymore than it has been already. If you bring a FULL setup, your venue fee will be waived. Setups MAKE or BREAK the speed of a tournament, so please help me out. If we want this done in a timely fashion, get it right by bringing a full setup. If you seriously can't bring a full set up, please bring a partial setup. Thanks in advance.
__________________________________________________ _____

RULES

General Rules
  • Absolutely NO CUSSING in the store, or the store owner can throw you out.
  • 3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "Off" and "None"
  • Tean attack is set to "On"
  • Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
  • Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches one team will get ports 1 and 4, while the other team gets ports 2 and 3.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. That also includes epic knees that freeze the game, and anything fail that makes the wii believe it should freeze.
  • [Time Limit] If the timer runs out, the winner of the game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, stock will be set to 1, the timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same stage and characters must be used.

Specific Rules
  • No use of Marth’s grab release infinites against Lucas and Ness.
  • No use of King Dedede’s grab infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  • No use of Metaknight’s infinite cape glitch.
  • No pausing a game without the other player's permission.
  • No use of an action that freezes a game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  • Any infinite move must end before the affected character reaches 300%.
  • Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a forfeit of the game.
  • [Stage Striking] 1. Players may request a blind pick of characters for the first game
    2. If a blind pick has not been called, players choose their characters for the first game. Otherwise, skip to step 3.
    3. The player with the highest port (i.e. port 4) strikes first any stage off the list of starter stages, and the player with the lowest port strikes second the next two starter stages. In teams, the team with the highest port will strike first, and the team with the lowest port will strike second. The player/team with the highest port will strike the last stage of the remaining two starter stages.
    4. The first game is played on that stage. If a blind pick has been called, players must choose their characters now.
    5. After the first game has been played, the winning player/team may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
    6. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter-Pick Stage List
    7. The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character
    8. The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character
    9. Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding games until the set is complete.

Other Rules
  • MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Exodia moments) are exempt.
  • Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
  • Razer's No Coaching rule: Spectators may NOT coach/give advice to the players while they are playing a tournament game. In between games of a set is ok.
  • The Kyle rule: No hypin' Mr. Doom in an insane/hilarious way during Mr. Doom's hype matches. It makes him goof up and not take the match seriously. No johns.

Stages

Starter:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium

Counter-pick:
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
PictoChat

Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE, unless agreed upon by both players/teams.

And that's all for the rules.

PAYOUTS
Note: 15% of the pot shall be cut and given to the circuit pot. None of the Brawl Minus pot shall be cut, though. The rest is as follows...

Singles:
1st - 48%*
2nd - 22%*
3rd - 14%*
4th - 8%**
5th - 4% each
*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles
**Should less than 64 people show up to an event, payouts will be altered to 55/30/10/5

Doubles:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

Brawl Minus:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%*
*Should less than 20 people participate in this event, 3rd place will be given $2 and the payout will alter accordingly.

Payouts will be rounded and equalized in accordance to "fairness." If you have a question regarding what that means, speak with your TO.

Payout is subject to change if the attendance increases dramatically.

If you still have problems, questions, etc., AIM Mr. Doom at MrDoom8000.
If you see that there is some information missing, please AIM Mr. Doom so that he can get it right.
Thank you in advance! And prepare yourself for the second event of the KS-IA-MO circuit!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

This is just a reminder to everyone that we need at least 3 power strips. Please bring some.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I had hoped Ally would be here first before anyone else.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Wait, the payout says that 15% is going to the circuit pot. Is this a circuit event?

Edit: If this is by MLG rules than the four new stages should NOT be used. I mean, the only reason for us to use the MLG rule-set is to prepare for MLG itself. If a person (likely Holms for example) makes it to the finals USING the four "?" stages, than that defeats the purpose of using the MLG rule-set at all. If you allow these stages than you should NOT use the MLG rule-set. Imo it's one or the other.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Oops. I forgot to get rid of that. This tournament is not a part of the circuit. Sorry to disappoint. Original Post has been updated.

Holms

Smash Ace
If a person (likely Holms for example) makes it to the finals USING the four "?" stages, than that defeats the purpose of using the MLG rule-set at all.
I say the four new stages be allowed. I don't even need a reason other than that these stages are awesome and should be allowed because I think they're awesome.:bee:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
At least give the stages a chance. Can't gather data and proof of them being good/bad without testing in a tourney first. Just my opinion.

Cook

Smash Master
They have been tested. These stages were all legal at some point and then people decided they sucked and wanted them gone.

I say BURN 'EM AT STAKE.

fragbait

Smash Master
No one.

I'M TAKING MID-LOW TIER MONEY MATCHES NIKKAS.

Oh, yeah, I'll be there. NO 2 TOURNEY SCRUBS GONNA TAKE ME OUT THIS TIME

jk <3 you feng shui. not kidding about not getting eliminated thing though.

CONFIRMING:

Name: Fragbait
State: KS
Setup: Maybe

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yes more flexible time for playing, Cook.

Edit: Mr. Doom, I don't care if you use the stages or not, it would be valuable data for the BBR if you did though.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. We have from 10AM to Midnight to complete this tourney. I would assume that is flexible enough. It is also air-conditioned, so we won't have to worry about the heat either.

If you haven't done so, please spread the word. I'd appreciate it.

mangan

Smash Cadet
No one.

I'M TAKING MID-LOW TIER MONEY MATCHES NIKKAS.

Oh, yeah, I'll be there. NO 2 TOURNEY SCRUBS GONNA TAKE ME OUT THIS TIME

jk <3 you feng shui. not kidding about not getting eliminated thing though.

CONFIRMING:

Name: Fragbait
State: KS
Setup: Maybe
YO THIS IS YA RLY, GET IT RIGHT

Just sayin', You got eliminated by me, not my pal Feng Shui

I would love to see the new stages played upon. Should be all kinds of fun drama.

Also, confirming

YaRly
Wii/SSBB: Yes
TV: Probably not

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm bringing UMK3. **** the haters.

Confirming:

Affinity
Wii/SSBB: Yes
TV: No, but will still try to

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
VSTempest
Setup: No
State: MO (likely will NOT need housing).

This is subject to change, but for the moment I'm confirming.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. You know, since I'm the TO of this tournament, I could be a douche and add Pirate Ship to the list of counterpicks just to tick a whole lot of people off. lol

Discuss.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I agree fully with what 4rce said. If you're running the MLG ruleset, then you should run the MLG stage list along with it without any changes.

EDIT: Did you confirm with Peter that this is going to be, in fact, a monthly? If so, I'd put that in the thread title.

fragbait

Smash Master
Ill use my Mid-Tier char in a MM frag.

I use him sometimes, so we will see how this goes.
Use who? Your mid tier or Ness? Either way, I'm down.

I would love to see the new stages played upon. Should be all kinds of fun drama.

Also, confirming
My baaad. MONEY MATCH DAWG.

fragbait

Smash Master
Ill use my Mid-Tier char in a MM frag.

I use him sometimes, so we will see how this goes.
Use who? Your mid tier or Ness? Either way, I'm down.

Also, confirming
My baaad. MONEY MATCH DAWG.
I'm bringing UMK3. **** the haters.
I wanna practice this game. What's the best way to do it? Like, do I need a emulator, specific version of the game or anything?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I saw your vid yesterday...I WOULD TEAR DAT *** UP ALL DAY MAN.
AWWWW ****. Its on.

I wanna practice this game. What's the best way to do it? Like, do I need a emulator, specific version of the game or anything?
I play it on XBL, but it hasn't been for sale on there every since Midway lost the rights to Mortal Kombat.

The other two I know of are MAME and Kalliera. Don't really know anything about them, though.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The other two I know of are MAME and Kalliera. Don't really know anything about them, though.
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. MAME is an arcade emulator. It works pretty fine, but the configuration is extensive.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I've heard really good things about UMK3 on MAME. Think you could help me figure out how to use it?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I don't want to start missing classes this early into the semester. So I probably won't attend unless I have some epic reason, like teaming with Bassem or something. Sorry.

Distant Planet is legits. The other three are not. That's all that I have to say.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I would like to come to this. Maybe MO can pull something together. I'm not gonna confirm till I know for sure.

Fragbait, I'll MM your Ness with my Luigi if we are doing mid-tier. Or my Wolf or something.

Top Bottom