• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX Presents: K.U.B. Brawl Biweeklys - Next on: TBD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
-= GDX Presents =-​

Kid, UR Bad Brawl Biweeklys
(aka KUB)

These will be brawl biweeklys held at my home, since most CFL brawlers are alot closer to UCF. These will be brawl only (going to have to look to WATO for your biweekly melee needs). These will be planned for every two weeks (unless some weird circumstance/other tourney prevents it). The purpose of these aren't really for payouts, but to grow the region and get better overall, because the term kub can really refer to all of us lol.

Cost:
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5
Brawl Random Singles/Doubles: $5 each (if done)
Door Fee: $3**

Singles Payouts: 40/25/15/10/5/5

If both 5th place players agree to it, they can play out 1 best of 3 set for a winner take all of their winnings (Example: If Smasher A and B both get 5 bucks total for their 5th places, they can play each other in 1 best of 3 set for the entire 10 dollars. In the standings, it will also be listed as 5th and 6th instead of two 5th places)

Doubles Payouts: 50/25/15/10

** Door Fee Rules
-Your door fee will include pizza
-Be one the first 3 setups brought to the biweekly. If you get free entry due to setup at a biweekly, you can't have free door fee at the very next biweekly, in order to rotate around the free door fee to other smashers. Cant have the same people always getting it wiped away
-If you drive more than 2 hours away from your place to the biweekly, then your car just has to pay 3 dollars TOTAL for door fee for the entire car. How you guys split it up is up to you. Obviously if its 2 people or less driving that far, they get free door fee

I will always provide one setup myself, but I can't provide more than that myself, which is why I highly support bringing setups! Both for possible door fee discount and for an overall speedy tourney

Rules: (thanks Ravyn for the nice formatting)

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike one stage from the available 5.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- 35 ledgegrab rule: If the game goes to time, and the winning player has 35 or more ledgegrabs, they automatically lose that particular game (NOT the set)

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules

- In the event that there is a dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- You are not required to bring your own controller but it is recommended.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Coaching is not allowed.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament. (Thats me!)

Additional Rules for Double's Play:

-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to "on."

Random Singles/Doubles Rules:

As far as character selection goes, everyone's mains/most prominent chars are automatically banned, without any additional effort from anyone else. For game 1, there are no character bans in place. For the rest of the set counterpicks, the losing player can either:

Keep the same random characters for both players, but choose stage
Keep the same stage, but re-random for both players.

Aside from the character selection, all other rules are the exact same

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Location & Schedule:

8608 Falstaff Place
Oviedo, FL 32765

**Its right off of Deep Lake Road, which is near the intersection of the 417 and Aloma ave. Right behind the Oviedo Play N Trade in the housing complex "Stratford Green"

Local Food Places:
Apps Pizza (best pizza around IMO)
Little Ceasers
Burger King
Tijuana Flats
Arbys
Mcdonalds
Subway
KFC
Taco Bell

If you plan to bring a setup, the earlier you're here the better
Tourney signups start at 11:30am
Signup for brawl doubles ends at 12:30pm. Brawl doubles starts @ 12:45-1pm
There will be an hour break after brawl doubles for food
Signup for brawl singles ends at around Losers Finals of brawl doubles
If people want to do it, I'll host brawl random singles or doubles after regular singles

More Information:

For more information about anything related to this tourney, shoot me an AIM at GameDragonX. If you need to, you can also text/call me at 863-934-2355

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
#1 - 8/28/10 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11069374

Doubles:

1: Hrnut + Hbox ($30) :falco: & :metaknight: / :wario:
2: Radix + Gallax ($20) :snake: & :metaknight: / :snake: & :metaknight:
3: GDX + Kyon ($10) :diddy: / :peach:
4: Walnut + Xdeth :metaknight: & :snake: / :metaknight:
5: Dtorr + H1roshi :zerosuitsamus: / :gw: & :kirby:
5: CRSN + Sensei :zelda: & :pt: / :mario2: / :luigi2:

Singles:

GDX and Hrnut split 1st place

1: Hrnut (split: $30) :falco: / :snake:
1: GDX (split: $25) :diddy:
3: Gallax ($12) :marth: / :snake:
4: Hbox ($8) :wario:
5: Dtorr ($5) :zerosuitsamus:
5: Kyon ($5) :peach:
7: Radix :snake:
7: xYz :falco:
9: Walnut :metaknight:
9: Renki :shiek:
9: Fearless :metaknight: / :olimar:
9: Sensei :mario2: / :luigi2:
13: Neku :rob:
13: Untouched :marth:
13: C.R.Z :fox:
13: Xdeth :rob: / :gw:
17: CRSN :zelda: / :pt:

2. 9/11/10 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286351

Doubles:

1: GDX + Kyon ($29 split): :diddy: / :peach:
1: Garbanzo + Hrnut ($29 split): :dk: / :metaknight: & :snake:
3: M2k + Eight: ($12): :metaknight: / :falco:
4: xYz + xdeth: :gw: / :metaknight:
5: virg + renki: :fox: / :shiek:
5: hiroi + dtorr: :peach: / :zerosuitsamus:
7: sensei + kuro: :mario2: & :luigi2: / :pit: & :snake:

Singles:

1: m2k ($28): :metaknight:
2: Hrnut ($18): :metaknight: / :snake:
3: GDX ($12): :diddy:
4: Ramen ($7): :pit: / :falco:
5: Kyon ($5): :peach:
5: Xdeth ($5): :metaknight:
7: Draconoa: :olimar:
7: Hiroi: :peach:
9: Virg: :fox:
9: Dtorr: :zerosuitsamus:
9: ActionB: :lucas:
9: Sensei: :mario2: / :luigi2:
13: Eight: :falco:
13: Renki: :shiek:
13: Kuro: :pit: / :snake:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't think you are going to get many people at this tournament...same date as MLG. A large portion of SFL is gonna be at MLG, and I think a few people from C/NFL are going as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't think you are going to get many people at this tournament...same date as MLG. A large portion of SFL is gonna be at MLG, and I think a few people from C/NFL are going as well.
well, its a biweekly, so i dont really expect huge turnouts anyway. And i purposefully put it on the date of MLG for those people who cant afford/no time to go to MLG (like myself lol)

plus, i'll be in georgia the week after this for dragoncon, which is the reason why i couldn't hold it on 8/21

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Changed singles payouts up alittle bit to better benefit the 4-5th place

Singles Payouts: 40/25/15/10/5/5

If both 5th place players agree to it, they can play out 1 best of 3 set for a winner take all of their winnings (Example: If Smasher A and B both get 5 bucks total for their 5th places, they can play each other in 1 best of 3 set for the entire 10 dollars. In the standings, it will also be listed as 5th and 6th instead of two 5th places)

Noa.

Smash Master
So will both WATO and KUB brawl biweeklies be going on at the same time? Or will WATO not do brawl tournies?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So will both WATO and KUB brawl biweeklies be going on at the same time? Or will WATO not do brawl tournies?
i informed juan id only be doing brawl, and that he should only do melee. but i think he will still have his big WATO tourneys every now and then.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hmm maybe i can go to this then since its the weekend before school starts again..

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
WATO brawl = FAIL
Actually it's not.

WATO 10 was just the week before, which SFL traveled to. So they were not gonna come back the next week.

Also, MetroCon took place in Tampa the same day as WATO 11, along with the Brawl and Melee tournies they were holding. Tampa was definitely gonna go MetroCon instead.

Add that to the fact that Hungrybox scheduled WATO 11 in short notice, and you get the lack of attendance that was WATO 11.

Previous WATOs have held +20-30 for each game, so I wouldn't count this as an end all be all. Just too many scheduling conflicts, that's all.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Actually it's not.

WATO 10 was just the week before, which SFL traveled to. So they were not gonna come back the next week.

Also, MetroCon took place in Tampa the same day as WATO 11, along with the Brawl and Melee tournies they were holding. Tampa was definitely gonna go MetroCon instead.

Add that to the fact that Hungrybox scheduled WATO 11 in short notice, and you get the lack of attendance that was WATO 11.

Previous WATOs have held +20-30 for each game, so I wouldn't count this as an end all be all. Just too many scheduling conflicts, that's all.
johns i host weekly Niglet Rumbles that did better then that last one.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
mwahahaha, brood is inspiring but i dont think i want to play that gayly with olimar not a bad back up though considering i was the best olimar and i barely did anything besides read lol no jabs,, no nair, or anything lol i may consider it but...people will get angry lol

Top Bottom