• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDS presents: Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM 2! SoVA Bi-Weeklies!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
the SoVA Department of Sanitation presents:
Virginia Johns and the Tower of DOOM 2

SoVA bi-weeklies!

Sunday, Aug 15th.

so seeing the last tourney went pretty well (minus the whole no tio issue lol), weve been confirmed for the next date for the tower of doom! also, were now allowed to bring in as many tvs as we want.

What?
brawl bi-weeklies hosted by SDS!

1400 Kempsville Rd Suite 132
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Phone (757) 819-7913

When?

Sunday Aug. 15th.
Registration 2PM
Tourney Starts at 3PM
they close up the store at 8pm
We will start with Singles, and then do Doubles

Set-ups
we can now bring as many setups we can!

omgh4x - 2 tvs, wii, brawl
Slash - tv, wii, brawl

Fees

$3 Venue
$5 Singles
$4 Doubles (per team)

Payout
60/30/10

Rules

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be chosen using the stage strike method.
After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Jungle Japes

-Stock sharing allowed
-Team attack on

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Attendance list

omgh4x
d3son!
Slash
Kokim
DOOM
Zo
RandyMcRanderson
Geno
Don
Wretched
CpE Wahoo

H4X's cell: 757-636-8237
call me with questions and stuff

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
teams first then singles? or do you guys not wanna risk it and do singles first again.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'll show. Random first post, yes, but some of you might know of me from the melee scene at comic kings about 4 years ago? (Sean)
I've been in the Dark, not having Internet, about brawl. So you guys should help meh when I show.
Questions: if it's bi-weekly, are there specific days that I should come, even though you listed the 15th?

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hey dude! dont know you, but stoked youre interested. the bi-weeklies are happening every other friday. you should come to a smash fest sometime before the 15th. im sure there will be at least 1 get together before then. keep a look out for some here or in the crew thread. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266679

D0N

Smash Ace
how can you stage strike with 4 neutrals

wut

:009:
About this...

I thought lylat was a neutral last tourney but I guess not lol. I tried to stage strike, got confused, and just went to smashville. It was the one time I didn't really read the rules. Either way, I don't really care and just work with the rules given by the TO :). As long as it's not something like "Shadow Moses Island legal..." but even then i'd just abuse it :laugh:

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
from doom to h4x: put lylat as a neutral. if singles run as smoothly as it did last time then teams will be available at this tournament. we will do the same thing with the price. $4 for each team ($2 a player). also post up the rules and stages for doubles on this thread. let's try and get more attendance this time guys! =P

randy mcranderson is a bietch and i will MM the eff outta you.

Randy McRanderson

Smash Rookie
from doom to h4x: put lylat as a neutral. if singles run as smoothly as it did last time then teams will be available at this tournament. we will do the same thing with the price. $4 for each team ($2 a player). also post up the rules and stages for doubles on this thread. let's try and get more attendance this time guys! =P

randy mcranderson is a bietch and i will MM the eff outta you.
See me in da streets son.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
(doom): hey randy. i'll MM you. in da streets too. $1000. i'll serve them skilled sandwiches all day.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lololollolololololx. dooooooooooooooom. hope to see you at this tourney randy. roflx. expecting 13th place again? at least you got your cookie. i suppose that's a win.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
So you guys need tv's?
I can bring one if reeeeeally necessary.
Randy: what if you tie :o
edit: or someone gets 3 stocked.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
mashi: ill add that stuff, and i wanna play tomorrow.

wretched: we do! please bring it, do you have a full setup you can bring with that too?

speaking of which, POST IF YOURE BRINGING ANY TYPE OF SET UP!

also, i just posted this in the crew thread like twice, but its worth the look

new bbr ruleset. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282814

theres new info about neutrals and suicides/ties.

DooM+

Smash Rookie
Randy McRanderson is a punk *****....Cant wait to ring game&watches dinner bell to serve this man a hungry man meal of skill sandwiches...

U need a ride???if so just let me know...

Top Bottom