• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McCain and Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
I consider this a community. I consider us one big family. There may be individual people I don't get along with but at the end of the day I respect everyone as a human being. I will not tolerate any disrespect to me (or anyone else!) as a human being.

It's that simple.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the breakdown:

Jason Lam (jkun) IMed me telling me a couple of ranked players (I correctly guessed Connor and McCain; he did not tell me) were basically doing everything in their power to convince Jason to change the rules and not let me attend / handicap me.

Jason (Irvine)
: i won't do it
: it's cool
: because if i do this
: socal won't improve much
: they won't learn much as well
: beside what's the point of having a gatekeeper if he's restricted

Adam:
: because honestly, if you guys broke the own rules
: JUST to ban me
: that would be a great compliment to me
: i wouldn't be offended in the slightest
: and i would respect your wishes and not attend
: but then again if you're really going to go that far
: why leave the power in the hands of 2, 3 people?
: make a public poll and let the whole community vote on it

i thought this was pretty much the end of it. jason is running this tournament, jason (i assume) is covering the down payment for the venue and jason is taking full responsibility of anything going wrong. so JASON should be the man making the final word.

so why are connor and mccain meddling? because of personal vendetta. don't care what or why quite honestly, but if you have a problem with ME, handle it with ME.

it's disrespectful beyond words what you're doing to jason. i feel like you're trying to change his opinion through peer pressure! he's already made his point of view clear but you guys don't care, you're trying to coerce him through whatever means possible. what kind of friends ARE you? jason is a great guy, a guy i consider a personal friend, so you disrespecting him means you're disrespecting me. STOP IT.

i only have one word for it: cowardly.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
....I have no problem or beef with you. I didn't say I wanted you banned from the tournament. Jason and I were talking about what degree he would restrict Maple's characters and I basically said something like "you're going to restrict Maple, you should restrict P too because P is just as good if not better than Maple." do you really think it'd be fair to have your Marth/Sheik/Fox/whatever the **** character you use against the Arcadians?

I have no interest in winning the Arcadian tournament so why would I want handicap you for reasons other than it being unfair for Arcadians? Jason knows I consider him a good friend and I enjoy his company. I'm not trying to use him for my own personal gain in this tournament nor am I trying to use him to hurt you. He ASKED me for my opinion and I gave it to him.

edit: and then you block me on AIM. who's the coward here?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
thanks for not responding to anything i said

this isn't about you or me, it's about jason. irvine as a whole walks all over him because he lets them. it's really sad if you ask me, both that he LETS them walk over him and that you guys do it anyway!

and if it wasn't a personal vendetta why did i correctly guess the two people who were talking to jason about it?

connor i have lost all respect for you. you are no longer welcome to talk to me.

MacD

Banned via Administration
same here, jason asked me about banning maple's characters and i basically said, "if you are going to ban maple's than you should also ban p's" idk where you get this personal vendetta stuff from

and just fyi, pat is helping him host this and helped make the decision

psheehan89 (6:08:51 PM): the way the rules are set now is really sketchy
psheehan89 (6:09:35 PM): this tournament isn't to show the community that P can't use high tiers (as strange as that would be)
psheehan89 (6:10:10 PM): it's to create a tournament where unranked players can feel like they're not getting owned everytime they look at the bracket
psheehan89 (6:10:16 PM): so they feel like they have a shot every match

Lovage

Smash Hero
thanks for not responding to anything i said

this isn't about you or me, it's about jason. irvine as a whole walks all over him because he lets them. it's really sad if you ask me, both that he LETS them walk over him and that you guys do it anyway!
the meaningful part of the thread

and if it wasn't a personal vendetta why did i correctly guess the two people who were talking to jason about it?
the part that should be dropped cuz it was an assumption you misinterpreted

Adam M!

Smash Lord
like i implied in the arcadian thread, there is a large enough subset of good players that "noobs" who never bothered to get good aren't going to suddenly get good enough to beat any of the players i mentioned.

Jason has to ask himself -- and the community as a whole has to ask -- what is the goal of the tournament.

is it to get as many mediocre players as possible to show up? if so, the first tournament was a success and this should be too.

is it to improve that subset of mediocre players? well hey, you tell me if the first one was successful in that regard! how many of those players have you seen in the year since?

appealing to the lowest common denominator does not work.

also, thanks for missing the pointed criticism. you guys don't even bother to defend yourselves re: jason! you plead the fifth, right?

edit: good post oscar. me attempting to make it into a personal vendetta, whether it is or is not, misses the point. thank you for correcting me.

MacD

jason asked us for our opinion, we told him what we thought, there is no walking all over him there

and you don't know how we all interact on a day to day basis with each other, so i think you should keep your accusations to yourself till you have more evidence

on note of the other tourney

dave hosted the very first one and he just decided no ranked people, after that first one he said he might let ranked people enter with characters limitations

in this case, they wanted to let the ranked enter, but also felt those who were previously ranked should face limitations too (maybe that isn't how he worded it in the thread but that's what i was told was supposed to be done)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the real question is why he would solicit your opinion at all when the tournament is not for you but for the noobs

MacD

maybe because we are friends and he trusts us and values our opinion

why would he ask fly and dave (and i'm sure more beyond that) the same thing?

it's rude to single out and assume only me and connor forcibly made him do something, k ;)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
it was a rhetorical question composed entirely to prevent you from getting the last word

now that you bring it to my attention i should really stop doing that

DJMirror

Smash Master
Can we please fucking drop this and move the fuck along? I really think we didn't need this kind of problem out here. This is a huge misunderstanding.

Godammit.

I'm going to clear a few things first but I did ask MacD and Connor for their opinion. Yes I have asked the 5 pr players from 949: Kira, PsychoMidget, MacD, Connor and Zhu about this. I only ask their opinions and such. Zhu was nice enough to call and give me his opinion about it while he was fucking driving to nor cal.

I wasn't ask to ban you or anyone else. I never wanted to ban you. I only want to create this tournament to be fair and give everyone a shot to win. Not everyone win something. The one person that was ban was Mango and I (myself) called him up and told he was going to be ban if he plan to attend for singles.

Adam, MacD and Connor are great people. They were not trying to use me or anything. Yeah there are times they were mean and such but most of the times I can't tell if they were just joking or not. Slowly I learn most of the goddamn times they were just joking. If they trying to use me, they would ask me if I can let them team, use high tiers and such.

They respect me by following the rules of the tournament and supporting me for this tournament. Hell they help me out for alot stuff (Too many)
If you think they are at fault for this, don't. I should be the one at fault for making this huge misunderstanding. I failed in my ability to explain stuff to you correctly. Not them. I also failed in my ability to make it clear and readable for other people to know. I know that I didn't speak out or anything because I'm too nice of a guy/didn't care much to do anything.

I didn't mean to let this out of hand and such. I know I'm not that great as a TIO/player but I'm seriously trying to make this fair/fun as I can. I didn't mean to drag Connor and McCain into this, if I knew this was going to happen earlier. I would cancel the tournament on the spot but it's too late now. This will be the last time I'll ever host the Arcadian series again.

The real reason why I hosted Arcadian with Kira because the purpose was not let arcadians do well or win a tournament but the real purpose was to rebuild, revive, improve and reunite the So Cal Melee Smash Community. After ARC 1 (Arcadian 1) *It was a huge hit beside the fire hazard problem.* We had new players like AntoPark, Combofest, Dasu, Brownsheep etc. popping all over So Cal!

I tried really hard defending both side. I said I believe Adam is beatable and I also rethink about Kyle and KFC. I also believe that Adam without a doubt can still ****ing win this tournament. Fiction is not attending as well since it's too far for him. I'm sorry if this a huge misunderstanding.

As for Cameron (PsychoMidget) He's only going Falcon in teams because he's teaming with a Luigi. (Plus double Luigi is a horrible team) He's going all Luigi in singles because he was very serious about maining Luigi. (Look at the last tournament he enter)

I'm sorry. I only have myself to blame for this and for letting this get out of hand.

EDIT: Sorry for the slow reply. I'm at work right now while I'm reading, thinking and typing it out.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Can some mod please close this? I don't want anymore people getting in without knowing the situation posting stupid ****. Unless Adam, Me, MacD, Connor, and Azn Lep had something else to say.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
ya we all solved this, plz close this

i'll pm edrees later

sorry to everyone involved for my part

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Jason, thank you so much for organizing the Arcadian Tournament and dealing with all this ****. We're really lucky to have you and I'm glad that you have the community's best interests in mind. I hope all goes well at the tourney!

joeplicate

Smash Master
**** irvine

*****es

joe was right when he said that the first arcadian tournament, and EVERY arcadian tournament, is a ******* idea

-brendan nilsson

DJMirror

Smash Master
**** irvine

*****es

joe was right when he said that the first arcadian tournament, and EVERY arcadian tournament, is a ******* idea

-brendan nilsson
I don't see you *****es doing anything at all. All talk no walk.

yeah joe, totally uncalled for

just kidding **** irvine

-derek
Derek you suck. Go eat a ****

i morphed us
That's after I punch you guys in the face. All ****ed up and ****.

<3

Lovage

Smash Hero
irvine fuking sux there's a 90% chance i would rather eat ur azz with a spoon than go to irvine

nvm 80% chance

-johnny clifford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom