• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We lost one of our own yesterday - In loving memory of Nnja

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Yesterday, the community lost a great player and I lost a dear friend.

Nnja (Choco) fought a long and hard battle against a brain tumor, but sadly, yesterday he lost that battle at the age of 22.

Before he got sick, he was the heart of the European community, always joking and always smiling and generally loved by everyone. So those who want to pay their respects can do so in this thread.

Also, I'd like those who have videos, pictures or whatever footage they have of him to please mail it to me so I can send it to his family.

amsah.Nihonjin@gmail.com

---------------------------

Choco, thank you for all the great times we've had together. Thank you, for all the crews you destroyed making everyone jump out of their seats. Thank you, for always believing in me, even when I was down 3 stocks against Ek. Thank you, for all the times you've made me laugh so hard I choked on my food. Thank you, for being the way you were. Thank you for being my friend.

Though I'm sad you passed away so soon, I'm grateful that you lived. You will be missed but never forgotten.

May you rest in peace.

CorteX

Smash Cadet
I sadly never knew this guy but my condoleances go out to the family and friends.
22 years is way too young :( I'm 22 as well and can't imagine what this guy has been thru.

Rest in peace, Choco..

Tero.

Smash Champion
nnja was a legend and the first dutch pro smasher I talked to and played.
I remember when we had the same shoes at ESA2 and he way always like "nice shoes man!" with a big grin on his face when I passed him...

Let us never forget the 27 stocks he took in crews against spain

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nnja+epita&aq=f

Rest in peace man, you will be missed.

Bozo

Smash Cadet
condoleances when i whas a noob/beginner i heard alot of good things he whas dam funny took whole spain in crews
really wanted to meet him but he already retired R.I.P choco

de_gLory^

Smash Cadet

Nnja or Choco was my first really good player i played and talked too and he was always very friendly nice and made a very charismatic appereance to me..

Im very sorry for his familiy and his relatives and i hope he had enough time to find peace with this world...

We`ll play some videogames together in our next lifes hopefully choco..

Mr P

Smash Ace
Wow, this is really sad.

I met Choco a few times at tournaments and he was always really friendly with me, one memory that stands out for me was at Ros3 when me, amsah, doug and a few other UK people went down for a shower at the pool area and we had a good laugh, i wont say much more than that lol.

I had no idea he had been going through this, it's always very sad when someone so young dies suddenly and i can only give my condolences to you amsah and the rest of his family i'm really sorry this has happend.

RIP Choco.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Choco was quite the character, truly a unique individual. He attended quite a few tournaments during his run and was one of our better players. Smashwise his biggest achievement is most definitely destroying Spain almost singlehandedly in international crews. Just remembering him for smash doesn't do justice to how colorful he could be though. I think most people who've met him think of him as a funny person who livened things up and that's probably the best way to remember him.

The last time I saw Choco for an extended period of time was in Spain, when him, Faab, Adam, Zgetto and me went there for a week to attend a tournament and hang out. I look back to this period with fond memories. Him not feeling well first started there though and shortly after he really became sick and quit the smash community. I've sadly only spoken to him a few more times after it started and at the end it all went so fast most of us didn't even get to say goodbye. No one should die this young.

For a more bittersweet memory... the Dutch smash community curses with "kanker" (cancer) a lot and Choco said on several occassions all of us will die of cancer some day because of that. I cannot quite shake the feeling of uneasiness that this actually held true for him.

May he rest in peace.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
I met you in ESA2, we didnt have a good start, right?

After NST II, I travelled to Amsterdam and I played many friendlies with you, I think we even played as teammates.

I dont really know what to say, rest in peace Nnja.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
I had not spoken to Choco for some time, and the thought that I will never speak to him again deeply saddens me. He was a very colourful person who had a big part in shaping the Dutch community as it is today, especially socially. You've left us way to soon, and I hope you will rest in peace. We will never forget you.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Just got the news. Much strength to his family as well as to the people close to him.
I wish I had had the chance to know him better, though I know of him I never had to chance to actually talk to him. It's truly a dreadful shame this had to happen.

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

-psalm 23

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I remember meeting Choco on 2 occasions, at ESA1 and 2.
I first met him at ESA1, when I housed him before the tournament. I remember my thoughts while we were in the car, coming back at my place after picking up him and Amsah at the bus station. "How expansive and loud is this guy, there are so many things in his character that I don't like !". And yet, after spending some time with him, I realized how likeable he was : even though his personality was close to be my exact opposite, I couldn't help but notice how nice and funny he was. The kind of person which cannot be forgotten.
I couldn't say he was a friend as I didn't know him that well, but he sure was someone I'm happy to have known.

Rest in peace, Choco.

sPArKeN

Smash Apprentice
And the world lost yet another pr0...

I'll C U when we get there!
If we ever get there...
C U when we get there.

Until then...

Peace <3

Armada

Smash Lord
I remember i played and talk with Ninja at Esa2 and that was really fun =).

22 is way to young and i am really sorry for his family and friends.

R.I.P

Shino

Smash Apprentice
Sad to hear this news :(

I never knew him personally, but I remember that I played/talked against him at xtc4 and he seemed like a very nice guy. Rest in peace and much strength for his family and friends.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
omg...
this really shocks me.
I 've seen Choco at so many tournaments and he was just awesome, that's all i can say. My words cannot describe what I feel. Whenever you saw him, he was always smiling and making everybody laugh. I remember at RoX4, at Helios his house, he managed to put 10 meatballs in his mouth and spit them out again, I hope someone still has that vid, it was hilarious. It was how we knew Choco, for sure the funniest guy ever in the Dutch community and of course with great smash skills aswell.
I will really miss you man, I'll never forget you.
I'll see what I still have of vids/pictures of him and e-mail them.
Good luck to all his friends and family.

May he rest in peace.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear that, I do not know the man but it is sad to lose someone you care about. I wish his soul has the best after life.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Wow. I'm kinda speechless. Hanging out with him and Faab has been a big part of my life a few years ago. I can't really describe in words what goes through my head right now.

I'll remember him as he helped shape not only us as smashers but also as persons. I've had countless fun times with him at Faab/Amsah's place, tourneys etc. And although these moments also taught me that we were really different....... I'll always remember him for who he was.

May he rest in Peace.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Never got to meet nnja myself, but the very least I can do is feel for those of my friends who knew him. RIP man.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I never knw Choco personally, but I have heard a ton of stories about him. He was one of the legendary dutch/european smashers when I just began playing, and became one of the legendary personality's of the community for me after hearing all the stories. It makes me sad I will never be able to meet him now.

Rest in peace, and may you find your place, Choco.

Condoleances to all his friends and family.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had never heard about Choco before this thread, however I hope he rests in peace. It's always a greatly tragic when we lose one of our own.

R.I.P.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Be glad we gained one we gained one worth caring aboutI see everything in 2 ways I'm cheery when people are sad and domeimes sad when others are happy I look from all angles if you don't it's impossoible to truely understand.

Be glad he wans't someone who would live a meaningless life we gave him meaning as did he.

There is good and Bad in EVERYTHING you just have to think and look.

Top Bottom