• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Florida Thread: see www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

L_W48

Smash Rookie
Hello there. I'm honors' brother. I'm a veteran from Maimi and one of the leaders of Knights of the South. Before here I moved here for school I used to train with Noucles and Lambchops who you can now say are the best in Florida. I'm not as just as good as them, but I can still give you a good fight. So....

Tampa (University of South Florida) : Fox, Marth, Sheik, Link, Capt. Falcon, Falco, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Mario. I have a pretty big list.

I hope I can find another crew here up north to compete with the south. I look foward in playing smash with you guys in Tampa. If you wish contact me, go to my profile and look for my aim screen name.

kb6110

Smash Rookie
Harriet the guy and i will play you, L_W48 , sometime soon, prepare to play some gamers ready to fight!

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
if any of you guys are innterested i do a smashfest about every three weeks here at my house in west palm beach and we usually play a few doller tourneys. If you are interested aim me and i'll give you info.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Hey I'm from Ocala, I dunno a name really to use for tournaments so it will be MeowMix, I use Link mainly, other characters I suck but good enough to beat some people.

Cire

Smash Cadet
Hey im from jacksonville florida and i play year round my name i cire and i play yoshi falco and marth

Kezay

Smash Rookie
I'm from Jacksonville and I'm mainly a Jigglypuff player though I'm capable of utilizing Pikachu and Link. I also attend UNF so if anyone else does, holla-holla. ;)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hope I do this right

Orlando; <3; Main: Samus, Falco, Doc; Secondary: Everyone else (excluding Peach and Mewtwo )

You can put my Main's up or just "Everyone except Peach and Mewtwo" whatever. For those who actually read this this deep into the thread. I'm right by UCF and at the moment I'm cubeless (I've been robbed...) Always looking for a chanlange though.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
oh and i'm always down to play whenever and anyone is more than welcome toplay at my crib just shoot me a pm. i'm located by semoran and curry ford. 10 minutes from the airport.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Tampa Team Battle Tournament

A Timed Team Battle Tournament will be held at a local LAN center called Wired Warfare on December 23rd. at 6:00 P.M. Wired Warfare is located at 711 West Lumsden Ave. next O' Briens Pub. Checkout www.wiredwarfare.com and click on info for address and phone number. The matches will be a 2 out of 3 battle with a losers bracket. The time limit will be 5:00 minutes. No items will be used, this is a skill based tournament. The levels will chosen at random. Big Blue, Icicle Moutain, Brinstar Depths, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi Island N64, Rainbow Cruise, Poke'Floats, Fourside, and Flatzone are banned. Entry fee is $15 with 1/3 going towards Wired Warfare. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

Wired Warfare Tournament Manager
SaintAnger (Jonathan)

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that. The site needs to updated. The owner wants to redo it but, hasn't had a chance to. I posted the address just so people could get the phone number[(813)684-6883]. Also, the fees will be divided 70/20/10 for 1st., 2nd., 3rd. If its to much to pay, let me know and I'll drop it to $10 per team as opposed to $15 with Wired only getting 2/10. Prizes awarded other than cash is time at Wired and Wired T-shirts for the top three. 1st will also get a case of BAWLS. I'm thinking about making the time limit 8:00. Let me know what you think. One more thing, the losers bracket depends on how many show. If its 16 teams or less we'll do it. If more than 16 show there will be no losers bracket. The matches will be 3 out of 5 instead of 2 out of 3. Thanks.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Hey SaintAnger I dont see a stock I guess its 4 perperson. You got to get the rules out. I mean stages? i assumes life stealing is permited. Plus NO LOSERS BRACKET!!! thats messed up. unless there is good seeding maybe. But I dont think you will have seeding if you dont have a losers bracket. I was jsut at a tourny where i got eliminated from the winners and losers bracketby the same guy. I thought that was lame but if I were to get put up against the first place team then lose.... well you feel me. It should be a time thing, cuase whats more important than smash.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
"I hate the cape" (thats a mean name...) 2 things.

1. ten minutes in what direction? Maybe we can play sometime (I'm a mile away from UCF)
2. If your friend doesn't come you can give me a ride there, hahaha.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
<3 said:
"I hate the cape" (thats a mean name...) 2 things.

1. ten minutes in what direction? Maybe we can play sometime (I'm a mile away from UCF)
2. If your friend doesn't come you can give me a ride there, hahaha.
haha, i'm just being sarcastic. i love the cape. but yeah i live off of semoran and curry ford. shoot me a pm or im at aim on eaglepaint1200. i'm always down to play. i have a decent falco, samus, peach, doc and puff.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Personally I would prefer both. I mean hell you play more matches that way. But, I would agree that one or the other would make the tourny much more fair. I could give you a senerio of gayness but I dont think its nessecary. Plus when will people learn that if they are going to have a tourny posted on smash they need to get a few things right. 1 NO FFA nuf said. 2 team attack on. 3 NO ITEMS 4 cash prizes. 5 For God sake lets get certain stages right. BTW if you didnt know mute city isnt on random for MLG now. I was glad for that. I am not specifically talking about this tourny. But really how many tournys are held by some store and its all wrong. FFA and items both take away from individual skills. Team attack takes away from team cordination. The cash thing is about giving back to the smashers that have done the work and traveled. I mean hell how much have we all put into this game. I wont even talk cube and TV. The game 20-50 (depends on when u got it and all) tourny singles 10-20 team 10-20 for team. I dont think I need to mention gas. Anyway point is that the money you get back from doing well just cuts some of that cost. Unless you are really good and go to the realy big tournies you wont make money off the game its about getting better. The cash prizes just give back to the smashers that have worked hard.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Yoyo

Wes is coming to PAWS! And he's gonna get his *** BEAT!!!

This is too good.

We should record all of his match vs the Top players (Lamb, Nouc, myself, Flow, Q, Mave, and TT). Then put the matches on the hub. I have confidence that he will be beat.

Wes has no idea what he's in store for.

Ideas? Suggestions?

FL PRIDE YO

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yeah rock... because Wes has oodles of tourney experience vs. everyone of those characters (played by people who are better than each of you at each indiviual character). whereas all of us FL smashers have played many samus's far superior to Wes's, like... um...

Nothing against FL, but I think Rock is being a bit overconfident. I do want my match vs Wes recorded though (so they can stick the 4-stocking on the hub^^)

Lol rockcrock you should counterpick the chick from king of queens-she gets ***** by luigi, but she wrecks samus.

FLORIDA PRIDE NEWAYZ

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
RockCrock said:
Wes is coming to PAWS! And he's gonna get his *** BEAT!!!

This is too good.

We should record all of his match vs the Top players (Lamb, Nouc, myself, Flow, Q, Mave, and TT). Then put the matches on the hub. I have confidence that he will be beat.

Wes has no idea what he's in store for.

Ideas? Suggestions?

FL PRIDE YO
I'm not a top player rock?? Last time I checked I beat you >_>

Top Bottom