• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Loves Unpredictable Tournaments 2

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
DOUBLES
$5 Entry Per Person Round Robin

1: Espy & K Prime ($60.00)
2: Nike & Ozz ($30.00)
3: Leaf & SkyPirate($10.00)
4: Pyledriver & Suspect
5: Paw & Castro
6: Hai & Thinc
7: Vince & Joe
8: Alejandro & Afiari
9: JUJ & Greyfox
10: Since & Wingless

[collapse=Round Robin Doubles]
[/collapse]

SINGLES
$10 Entry

1: Espy ($104.50) SPLIT :sonic:
2: Ozz ($57.00) SPLIT :fox: :marth:
3: Nike ($19.00) :marth:
4: K Prime ($9.50) :pikachu:
5: Pyledriver :snake: :dedede: :warioc:
5: JUJ :dedede: :metaknight:
7: SkyPirate :olimar:
7: Leaf :pikachu2:
9: KoN
9: Castro
9: Big Boss
9: Paw
13: Wingless
13: Slush
13: Since
13: Afiari
17: Alejandro
17: Tofer
17: Topic

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

REDEMPTION

1: Big Boss
2: KoN
3: Paw
4: Wingless
5: Slush
5: Castro
7: Tofer
7: Topic
9: Alejandro
9: Since

[collapse=Redemption Bracket]
[/collapse]

Nike.

Smash Hero
Ozz, you should go to the Funplex more often!

This was such a cool tourney, great way to end the summer. I'll post shoutouts in a second x)

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
guess i'll do shoutouts

first off, i'd like to thank everyone for coming to this, and making it a very fun tournament. Was a good way to end the summer ;)

1: Espy ($104.50) SPLIT - mah buddy, good stuff as always, dennys was too fun

2: Ozz ($57.00) SPLIT - great job vs k prime, we didn't get to play tho, :(

3: Nike ($19.00) - NIKE, you finally did it! i knew you had it in you, <3 btw our hug was amazing

4: K Prime ($9.50) - k prime i love you, much homo. teach me the CG on falco :>

5: Pyledriver - dang, lucky you didn't get me in your bracket, wouldn't of gotten so far :D

5: JUJ - man, you outplayed me in our set. i don't think i was playing well today, but no johns, you deserved to beat me.

7: SkyPirate - sorry for making it such a boring set, i really had no idea what to do against you, and played it safe. Come to SA more :)

7: Leaf - awesome that you brought Houston with you, and good job in doubles! Sorry we didn't get to play that much, next time for sure

9: KoN - i was so happy i beat you, then i dun goof'd the 2nd set, next time!!!

9: Big Boss - sorry i couldn't make our set more interesting, i suck

9: Paw - :(

13: Wingless - we didn't get to play, but thanks for coming down!

13: Slush - i still havent played you yet

13: Since - We didnt get to play either :(

17: Alejandro - nice seeing you again, we'll play next time

17: Tofer - thanks for calling matches and stuff, appreciate it

17: Topic - **** diddy dittos :mad:

Suspect

Smash Hero
1: Espy- same thing i tell you every tourny just about, good ish
2: Ozz- fun friendlies, nice fox
3: Nike- knew you would beat prime sooner or later, martha is that gay. beat mstar now. you are obviously 3rd best here now. You show up to every tourny and place well.
4: K Prime- :/
5: Pyledriver- we did ok for our first time teaming, i know we can do better. yea i was extremely tired and messed around half the matches, i apologize for that, but i was getting a little aggravated.
5: JUJ- nice placing
7: SkyPirate- i hate olimar :( we should team one day tho, always wanted to team with an olimar
7: Leaf- nice to meet you finally
everyone else- good luck at future tourneys.

Wish I could had stayed and entered singles, seeing the results makes me think I could of placed pretty high...unless kon had beat me again >_>

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
love SA. So chill and fun. Love the fact that lots of players were so close in skill, so there a lot of intense sets. The tourny ran well, the people were awesome and I loved every tourny set I played. Shoutouts -

Espy - Easily one of my favorite smashers. Our set was one of my favorites of all time. Can't wait to see you **** at MLGD.
Nike - Thanks for teaming. You were the most impressive this tournament to me. You are seriously well on your way to becoming Royr caliber.
K Prime - You were def someone I was very scared of playing, so underrated. Just as **** as I thought you were. Hope you come to hobo :)
Pyledriver - Very chill guy, sucks we didn't friendly or anything. Also, you look exactly like Zori
JUJ - Fun set, though MK vs Fox is definetly frustrating for MK if he doesn't know the MU. You vs kon was kinda epic.
Sky Pirate - I hope things worked out for your car :/
Leaf - Thank you for carpooling so much man. You also were very impressive and did awesome. Same with Wingless
Paw - Thank you for hosting. I loved this tourny
Suspect - **** your skill took me by surprise. Take singles seriously and you'll ****.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
1: Espy - Good job as always, and also **** in doubles.

2: Ozz - Great matches against Killa Prime, dat shield.

3: Nike - You finally beat Killa Prime, you got this.

4: Killa Prime - It's okay Prime, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. I still love you <3

5: Pyledriver - Denny's was too good, and those pancakes I took from you were too good too.

5: JUJ - You come back, and tie for fifth. What the hel?!

7: SkyPirate - Thank you so much for helping and critiquing my Olimar. Come down to SA more often!

7: Leaf - I am SO disappointed in you! You did not bring Illmatic, you are never invited to another tourny.

9: KoN - You got this.

9: Big Boss - You really did get this.

9: Paw - Me and Espy ran this whole thing. Get off that blue name.

13: Wingless - I didn't play you, but from what I saw, you're a campy pit. 'nuff said.

13: Slush - UGH, so close. I hate Yoshi.

13: Since - We didn't really play.

17: Alejandro - Hahaha that trip into my up smash was amazing.

17: Tofer - You're just... bad.

17: Topic - good to see you at your first tourny.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff Nike!!!!!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
3: Leaf & SkyPirate($10.00) YES! YES!

SINGLES

1: Espy-Good stuff today. Double ganon on rainbow cruise...:urg:
2: Ozz-Taking the money!
3: Nike-Nice job, wish we could have played...
4: K Prime-****ing Martha.
5: JUJ-Good games, too good with that metaknight.
7: SkyPirate-Best time ever teaming with you. Gonna go to HOBO?
7: Leaf-Ahh...you already know
9: KoN-Did we play?
9: Big Boss-Our set was like...weird fast. I hope you do better next time.
9: Paw-Amazing day, thanks for hosting.
13: Wingless-Camp like a *****. Tear through that bracket. I was almost afraid to face you today...
13: Slush-Yoshi!
13: Since-We talked about it on the way home.
17: Tofer-I'll bring Illmatic next time...
Suspect-good doubles match. Good to meet you too.

SA, I love you guys. One of my favorite tournaments so far. I definitely want to come back and play more whenever you guys can host.

If I missed anyone, tell me, but good games to all, singles and doubles.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Thanks for the congrats everyone :> I can't wait until the next tourney.

Espy - You did really good at this tourney. WF's was very fun to watch. And you ROBBED us from dubs D:<

Ozz - You carried my *** so hard in teams x) (OMG at me getting 9'd 2 seconds into that match). Glad we got 2nd. Your sets against Kprime and Espy were so fun to watch. Our set is easily one of my favorites. I didn't think playing against fox could be so much fun. And thank you for the encouragement, I always think I'm never getting better at this game. Go to Funplex more often!

K Prime - I was sooooo nervous on game3 when we were both at last stock. Idk how I won. Last tourney you 2-stocked me twice and then 3-stocked me. I thought for sure I'd get wrecked. You weren't playing your best though and I feel like I got lucky :(

Pyledriver - You finally beat Castro!!!!! 5th at this is veryyyy good. What a glorious day :D Pizza Hut and Dennys was funny as hell.

JUJ - I can't believe how well you did at this considering you havent played the game at all in three months. 5th is amazing! I hope we play more often because your my favorite person to have friendlies with.

SkyPirate - I felt bad about the car situation :( I'm glad it all worked out though. I escaped you in tourney too x)

Leaf - I never got to play you :'( I wanted to really bad

KoN - I guess you weren't made of magic lol

Castro - I'm glad you entered singles. You almost came back on game2!

Big Boss - I can't tell if you drank or not lol

Paw - Why did you give upppppppp? :( Your good enough to be top5 in our city. Take everyone as serious as you take our sets :D

Wingless - GIRLS AREN"T GOOD AT SMASH! You did amazing in Redemption bracket. Stupid metaknight :(

Slush - Glad to see you coming back to SA. We should play more friendlies since Poltergust is in texas and we all need yoshi practice bad.

Since - Our friendlies were funny x)

Afiari - Cool to see more SA players. Make an account!

Alejandro - ALEJANDRO! :3333 move back to SA cuz everyone misses you!

Tofer - I've been dying to play friendlies with you for awhile now. We should brawl more often.

Topic - I felt super bad about game2, considering how close the first game was. I HATEEEEEEEE diddy lol

Suspect - How did you lose to us? :( and take singles more seriously! You freakin good at this game.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to Paw for the amazing tourney. My only gripe was not going Diddy against K Prime & Leaf. Get ***** by 2 Pikas, Big Boss!

1. Espy - Good sh*t even though I didn't watch any of your matches.
2. Ozz - GGs against Nike. So close!
3. Nike - You taking out K Prime was so epic! I did drink. How do you think I won Red.?!
4. K Prime - GGs, wish you could say the same for me. I shoulda went Diddy.
5. Pyledriver - Good f*cking games, man. I though you had me for sure on Notfair. MM sometime?
5. JUJ - Showing everyone that you still got it. You surprised me by beating KoN!...
7. SkyPirate - I only watched your match against KoN! SkyPirate on dat Brood status!
7. Leaf - I do wish I played better against you. If we play again, I'll give you a better set. Promise!
9. KoN! - You just had a bad tourney. I've been there. We still got SCQ and JD2. We got this!
9. Castro - Our set in Redemption was soooooo close! Can't wait to play again.
9. Big Boss - GJ on beating 4/5 PR members. Go Diddy against Pika instead of Snake.
9. Paw+ - Fo'serious, stop CPing Delfino. Go Brinstar! MM next time?
13. Wingless - Sucks that you had to play MK, like, 3 times... :(
13. Slush - Didn't play you this time.
13. Since - Didn't see/play you here.
13. Afiari - Didn't see/play you here.
17. Alejandro - Didn't see/play you here.
17. Tofer - Get on dat Yoshi MU, but keep getting in that Olimar practice!
17. Topic - Didn't get to see you play any matches, but just keep practicing. You've got serious potential.

@mikeHaze Stop trolling; Laurel ain't here!

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
in my eyes, this tournament was a huge success because

a) we actually had doubles, and got 10 teams
b) nobody got lost getting to my house (thats a big deal)
c) we didn't have to watch espy and k prime fight each other

amazing.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I got lost, but that was when I was still in Austin. GPS told me to drive through a barrier wall. X3

Shoutouts:

Espy- Stop sandbagging against me. Don't think I didn't notice that you weren't trying to lay that spring down when I was respawning. :p
Not that it needs saying, but looking forward to playing you again.

Ozz- When were were playing doubles, there were times when I thought I had Nike figured out.
BUT THEN you came swinging in on a conveniently placed rope with a barbaric yawp and I took a million damage and died. Excellent Fox, sir. ^^

Nike- I know a secret about your match-up now. :3
Watching your matches against Ozz made me realize that you're actually too much **** for me to handle, though. Good job on third!

K Prime- I keep wanting to play you, but I always get Espy instead and you seem like someone that wants to keep to himself. Good job on fourth!

Pyledriver- I did NOT expect to be so soundly thwarted by your Snake. Well done, and I look forward to playing you again. ^_^

JUJ- Didn't get to talk to you much, but you seem like a good guy.

SkyPirate- God, you roll more than Tina Turner and Rick Astley combined. Bad habit, stop that.

Leaf- Nice teaming with you, sir. It was quite fun. ^^
I probably won't be going to anything for a while because I kind of... got a speeding ticket on the way home, but I wouldn't mind teaming with you for something else sometime. Thanks for carrying when my mind was temporarily blown. :p

KoN- I'm sorry, I didn't really get to talk to you much.
I'm not very good at remembering names, but I THINK you and your brother were the ones that helped me with my *cough* car trouble though, and I am quite grateful for that. If you aren't, my sincerest apologies for the mistake.

Castro- Seriously, don't ban Japes against Olimar. Very few of us actually know how to play THAT GAY there. Also, klaptrap hard-counters everyone. Watch that timer, sir. :3
Nice to actually get some games in, looking forward to playing you again in the future. ^_^

Paw- It was boring, but only because I didn't know what to do against you either (which always leads to a loooooong camping game). I was COMPLETELY confused at certain points. ^^;
It's a weird match-up for both of us because the usual tricks don't work for either side, but I'm certain that it will get a bit more exciting once we both learn what we can get away with. You've gotten a LOT better at it since we last played and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can throw at me in the future.
And thank you for holding this tournament and inviting me into your home. That's a really bad place for a chandelier, though. :3

Wingless- Learn to play gay. On Japes, you played aggressively against me when you should have ignored my camping and 2v1'd Leaf (like Espy and Kprime's team).
Fun friendlies. I wanted to try Olimar against your Pit a bit more, but the tournament business kept interrupting. T_T

Since- Good choice, going after Leaf instead of me. :p

Tofer- Wow, get Yoshi more. XD
Good luck with your Olimar, sir. Practice that pivot grab. :p

Greyfox- I wanted to play you to learn the Zelda match-up, but you looked so peaceful sleeping there that I didn't want to disturb you. :3

San Antonio (and others from various cities)- I'm not one to expect help from people, so I was genuinely surprised that so many people came out to try to help with my *cough* car trouble. I would have sooner broken out a window than allowed you guys to pay for a mistake I made (I didn't even like the idea of everyone having to stand out in the heat because of it), but it was REALLY nice of you guys to offer.
Thank you very much for fixing my *cough* car trouble (SORRY, SUDDEN COUGH-INDUCING ILLNESS) and I look forward to seeing you guys again.
Special thanks to KoN(?)'s brother for being the first one to help and staying out there in the heat for so long. REALLY wish I had gotten your username. :<
Also, thank you for the hangers, Paw. :3

If I missed anyone or got people mixed, you have my sincerest apologies. I'm still kind of new to registering usernames with actual people.
I'm definitely coming down again, it just might have to wait a short time.

Wingless

Smash Cadet
Latelatelate. I didn’t think about doing shout outs. D :

Espy + K Prime - Didn’t play either of you. Wish I did. Wrecked by double Ganons, epic stuff.
Ozz - Amazing Fox, though I didn’t play you. Good job all around.
Nike - PSH. Epic **** against K Prime. Wanna play your Marth when I get the chance.
SkyPirate - Beastly Olimar! I needed to play you more, to learn the MU, but our matches were fun anyway. Your teams was fun to watch! Japes…ugh.
JUJ - didn’t play you. Maybe next time!
Leaf - THUNDERTHUNDER.! Good job overall, and all the stuff you already know…
KoN - Your Diddy was good, MK was better! Reminded me that I can’t ignore that MU, thanks! Hopefully if I play you again, I’ll know what to do. XD
Castro - Did I play you? I don’t remember really.
Paw - Didn’t play you, but nice tourney! Thanks!
Slush - Seriously good Yoshi. Definitely a different MU. Good job! I’ll have to get better and play you again.
Wingless - CAMP! Stop rolling! Patience! 5:56. Get ready for school, lazy *****
Alejandro - Good matches! Just learn the Pit MU if you can. It’s not something that everyone’s accustomed to.
Since - ….we talked about it.
TopiC - Wish I could have played your Diddy! Even if in a friendly. I saw some good matches from you with Diddy.

…Sorry! I don’t remember that Peach I played in Redemption! But those were epic matches. I really had to think, but really, I got lucky on Game2.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
shoutout better late then never

Espy- good job on wining AGAIN!

Ozz- broken fox im glad you play fox instead falco

Nike- you stole my magic :(

K prime- i was sad too :(

Pyle- good **** on 5th

JuJ- eat **** and die!
jk good games no johns, im ready for next time

skypirate- good games epic fail on my part

Leaf-we didn't play next time :)

KoN!- quit slacking play gayer

Castro- we didn't play or talk much :(

BigBoss-good job in winning redemption and good job on beating 4/5 of the pr members you played in tourny.

Paw- good **** with that surprise uair, i had to come back with vengeance in loser.

Wingless- :metaknight::metaknight::metaknight: good games the diddy match was too close so i had to go meta, you need to play gayer your pit!

slush-ggs............but why would you take :metaknight: to norfair?

since-didn't get to play you but i saw you beat my brother in diddy kong dittos. mm next time diddy ditto?

Afiari- did'nt get to play you but heard your dk was good.

Alejandro-i didnt play you or did i cant remember were you the lucario ?

tofer- bet you can wait till you can beat metaknight on RC and Norfair lol practice sucka

topic- dead last :p

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to my City's smashers!!

1: Espy- This is Sonic-tonio Espy! Doubles were fun, double Ganons were frightening!!

2: Ozz -Very skilled ooc player, loved our set! Thanks for coming to this!

3: Nike- Was good seeing you again Nike, I wanna see you beat Espy next time though!

4: K Prime- Nice set against Ozz, your Pikachu is outstanding, but Marth is bad for pika!

5: Pyledriver- Nice playing you and Suspect in doubles! Items are gay!

5: JUJ- Fun doubles match against you and GreyFox, MK getting cg'd!!! ;)

7: SkyPirate- You and Leaf played way above my doubles skill level, too good!

7: Leaf- Great Pikachu, I kept on falling for thunder in teams that got me killed @ like 90%

9: KoN- What happened to Mario?!

9: Castro- You and Paw were great, Peach is a character even a CPU gives me trouble over..

9: Big Boss- You kind of look like Kyro, but I didn't get to play you..

9: Paw- Didn't get to play your ZSS 1v1, but Thanks for hosting this tourney, hopefully SA can do more doubles!!

13: Wingless- I AM A SUCKER FOR SPAM!! Pit just happens to be troublesome, his fast smashes, good recovery, and especially those arrows! Loved our set though..

13: Slush- Well I think it's safe to say you are now San Antonio's Yoshi player, I could never place high in tournaments maining Yoshi, but you know your MUs well so keep it up. Fun dittos also! Great meeting you too.

13: Since- Great diddy, it's not the character that gives me trouble, it's those bananas!! Lol..

13: Afiari- Dude, you got a cool DK it was nice teaming with you, and thanks for the last minute decision!

17: Alejandro- You gotta be on SWF, not facebook! Back to lubbock now..

17: Tofer- Our set was extremely close!! It was anyone's win that last match. Practice spacing and punishing, look for an opportunity to grab. What happened to Peach?!

17: Topic- Didn't play you but I think you were the diddy player right?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Greyfox- I wanted to play you to learn the Zelda match-up, but you looked so peaceful sleeping there that I didn't want to disturb you. :3
I don't need any forms of shoutouts buddy. Though I was frustrated that whole day. Plus if you wanted to know the Zelda MU in that way then you should have woke me up. Playing someone other than SA is always fun.

Just hit me up next time your in SA. :3

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well, I know that it's an annoying match-up for Zelda.

I just REALLY don't know her hit-boxes and can't SDI her moves well. ._.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shoutsies:

Ozz: Great games in WF. It was fun getting to play your Fox, and it was nice to sit down and chat for awhile. Wish Houston could've stayed for the Dennys. I have some sets on my SD card. I'll be sending them to you hopefully tomorrow.

Nike: Good job beating Prime. Keep that Marth in top form, because Prime will be coming back for blood.

Pyle: You don't even main Wario! What the hell?! :p

JUJ: Inactive for a few months, then you suddenly jump back into the scene with a toothache and Top 5 at a SAPR-heavy event. lol

SkyPirate: I wasn't sandbagging. At least, not intentionally. :(

Leaf: We almost didn't talk at all. Nice headband. :)

KoN: Amazing job with CloverLeaf's car. I'm glad someone was able to get it open for him. Keep it up with the Meta Knight though. Gonna need to step it up to go up on the PR, and I know you can do it.

Castro: 'dat Starcraft.

Big Boss: ***** in Redemption. Good friggin' job, man.

Paw: Thanks for hosting the event, and the lunch break was definitely appreciated. That coney from Sonic was scrumptious. Dennys was fun too. So much salt on the table.

Wingless: I've never seen you around before. Legit Pit. Good job taking down Castro in redemption!

Slush: Keep it up man. If you want, I can help you out a bit with Yoshi stuffs.

Since: Another new face. It was fun playing you in doubles. Hope to see you again.

Afiari: Honestly, that DK took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting such a tough opponent right into Round 1. Good job. Make an account so you can swing by for tournaments/smashfests more often.

Alejandro: We didn't talk much. I miss you already. <3

Tofer: Thanks for helping with the brackets and whatnot. I needed the help.

Topic: What happened in the bracket? :(

=====

Also, I'll send in the TIO file to Zac guys. Thanks for another awesome tournament, SA.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Shoutsies:

Slush: Keep it up man. If you want, I can help you out a bit with Yoshi stuffs.
Yeah.. i'd like help on Yoshi, I understand/have some MU's memorized but my big problem is best/worst stages for characters, I don't even know Yoshi's best stages!

slush-ggs............but why would you take :metaknight: to norfair?
^ See Answer to Espy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
[collapse=Round Robin Doubles]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Redemption Bracket]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

Top Bottom