• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8/27/10 "DIP!" Results!!!!

D1

Banned via Administration
First and foremost, I sincerely thank all of you guys that took time out of your busy Fridays to come to this. I definitely plan this a week in advance, but still managed to pull in a successful turnout with a super stacked bracket. Now imagine if this were on a Saturday?

PR'Y=Pretty (for those that didn't know)

DIP!

Without further ado, here are the results!

Melee Teams

1: Little Rascals (Hax + Jman) ($48.00)
2: Jesus Tech (Tag + Tec0) ($24.00)
3: Hoyo+Rog ($8.00)
4: Mash on Wake Up (Dai + Soup)
5: Blackanese+Prog
5: Pak n' Black (Valo + Greyfox)
7: Kidd+A Nub
7: Kenny+Eugene

Melee Singles

1: Jman ($120.00) :fox:
2: Hax ($60.00) :falcon:
3: Tec0 ($20.00) :shiek:
4: HBK :marth:
5: Gmoney :marth: :falco:
5: Lambchopz :falco:
7: Enz0 :falco:
7: Tag :fox:
9: Rog
9: Dimos
9: Hoyo
9: Thx
13: Prog
13: Greyfox
13: Tony
13: The Middle One
17: Idris
17: Valo
17: Kidd
17: A Nub
17: MIK

For a last second, week in advance, random tourney in a deep part of Brooklyn, NY this was pr'y good (shoutouts to Scar.)

Shoutouts!

Kirbtea for giving me the idea to host a tourney at the venue.

John the venue owner of the PAD for allowing me to come and host a tournament here, and also allowing me to continue hosting tournaments in the future...possibly rejuvenating the growth of the Melee scene in NYC! I ran into a lot of players that haven't even made a smashboards account YET! Lets reach out to these players and make sure they get better so NYC's scene gets bigger than ever!!!

DaiAndOh for referring me to Kirbtea for the idea for hosting a tourney at the venue since he knew I was well known and am practically friends with everyone in the community. Good stuff for getting 4th in teams w/ Soup!

Shoutouts to Soup for supporting my event, and gettin far in teams! Always a pleasure!

Kenny for entering teams and being a good sport, if you wanna practice with good players hit me up...I'm more than happy to get players in Bklyn on par w/ the good players we have fests like everywhere for Melee. So its pretty easy for people to get beast with the right people. Same to you too Eugene! I liked your Marth, it definitely has ALOT of potential!

Wes-So you're coming back for sure now eh? ^_^

Blackanese-for a homie that doesn't even play Melee anymore, good stuff for comin through, and hangin out again later like it was w2z times!

Crismas-Thx for comin way from NJ and hangin w/ us later...OMG the new wave of stickers are gonna be sooooo BEEEEEEEEAST!

Alex Strife-Thx for coming by and also volunteering to help me with future events you're the man dawg!

TaiHyuga-thanks for bringin ur laptop since Alukard couldn't make it! I appreciate you recording matches for us as well!!!

YEAH!-Thx for comin as well I hope ya had fun and made it home safe dude! That adventure to the bank was beast!

WarriorKnight-Club Melee...get at the kids. Also beastly crowd commentary from deep!

Vanz-you missed out on a fun bracket, it was hella stacked and exciting! thx for coming all the way after your doctor's appointment...I was hella happy to see ya made it!

To the rest of people that played friendlies that I didn't get to know personally....you have till the 18th to step it up and enter the next tournament! Do your research on the character specific forums, watch vids, and practice practice practice!!! Learn the ins and outs of the game! You'll be ****** good players in no time!

1: Jman-Thanks for showing support ma d00! I'm happy you came and did your thing as usual! Best Fox?
2: Hax-Yo Hax why you so good mang?!! Little rascals running this sh** FRAYYYY! Thx for showin the kid support! Hangin out in the city afterwards was amazing!
3: Tec0 -You would've let NJ down if you got last place...HUSH! Thx for comin and hangin out w/ us later yo it was mad fun!
4: HBK-Geez homie almost reached top 3 placings...ahhh Sheik!! You still did really well tho, and I'm happy you came through! how dare you not dress supah fre$h 4 the ladiez tho!
5: Gmoney-ma d00 comin all the way from work still made it on time...'AAAAAAAMN! DESTRUCTION!
5: Lambchopz-Me llamo Juan! Thanks for comin after work, everyone loves watchin u play so much! stop bein so fast!
7: Enz0-THE KIDDZ are too good...son got 7th in a super tight stacked tournament DIP!!!
7: Tag-TAGTEEZY! thx for bring Salad Beezy w/ ya. you guys make the venue look hip!
9: Rog-Yo another member of the KIDDZ definitely beasted today. I'm proud of ya...and in teams wowowwow!
9: Dimos-The G-pprentice i heard I good things about ya! Keep it up and thx 4 comin!
9: Hoyo-My brother from anotha motha! I love seein ya place well in tourney, thx for comin and lets keep trainin! Good spit in teams!
9: Thx-Another Tagburg rep! I was happy to see ya still beastin in this game after all this time that elapsed, keep it up ma d00!
13: Prog-Thx for bein lazy and not wantin to set up your recording setup!!! LOL j/k thx for comin all the way from work, and it was hella fun sharing laughs w/ ya! i hope ya had a good time!
13: Greyfox-You should change your tag back to AM! I miss that name! Btw good spit on comin and showin support! we gotta still train soooooon! hit me up dude!
13: Tony-Dude you're pr'y good! I heard good things about you from G and Alex Strife!
13: The Middle One-yo LOL Bklynightz!!! How ya been! thx 4 comin
17: Idris-ma d00 you're a pleasure to be around! thx for comin and bein chill as hell
17: Valo-yo your Falco's pretty fresh, we should train son bklyn represent!
17: Kidd-yooo thx for the support we should train sometime
17: A Nub-thx for comin! we gotta practice somtime
17: MIK-yo you drove by and didn't say hi! LOL

After party after the tourney almost didn't happen, but we took the train to the city to have a good time! Next time everyone be on time...well it doesn't matter cuz its gonna be on Saturday next time anyway.

Btw venue's gonna be 10 from now on.

If there's anyone I forgot, that means you could...

... DIP!!!!!!!

~D1

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I definitely had fun at this. Good stuff to all the people I played in friendlies and come through to support and keep the NYC Melee alive and much stronger. Good stuff to my KF *****z and Jesus. Its a good venue, nice area, good looking palm trees outside. Good times afterward in the city was cool too. I don't care if the venue went up to $10.

D1: Thanks for everything you've done for everyone and being a cool kidteezy tho cuz. By the way, teams should always be $10 per teammate. If you ask the community what price they want, they're always gonna be picking $5 and thats mad gay. So keep it $10 no matter what. Scorp A Dorp!

a nub

Smash Ace
I still suck at this game lol but I'll keep trying. Gonna be leaving the area for college, so I'll see you guys at rom or maybe I can come to one of these before then when I visit home. So good stuff to everyone I played aka mostly ***** me.

Special shoutouts to D1 for hosting this, prog for putting up with my wack falco for so long and being extra cool, and all the guys in the left corner we played.

Alukard

Smash Hero
good job d1 !

again sry i couldn't make it .. personal life johns ... but i'm happy to see it was a good thing ... hopefully nothing stops me from attending the next one ^_^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hold brawl at this :)

Side event or w/e
Nah, I think it should just stick to Melee. We'll be fine (I mean, we have been for the last few months, right?)

Sorry D1 that I couldn't make it. Couldn't gather up that 5 dollars =/

I'll do my best to make it to the next one though.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Nah, I think it should just stick to Melee. We'll be fine (I mean, we have been for the last few months, right?)

Sorry D1 that I couldn't make it. Couldn't gather up that 5 dollars =/

I'll do my best to make it to the next one though.

LOLno.

Brawl + Melee

I'll enter Melee too.

:)

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Good **** all. Was great to see a lot of old heads, play teams, and get wrecked by everyone. Can't make the next one due to high holidays, but I ain't goin back to no LI, so I'll be around.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Rapppee tourney and Venue! Awesommmm ****tt hostinn D1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Def see mee at the next one placing much better! And ur right d1 i got to get back to reppin em intials AM son!!!! Good stuff seeing every one!

Alukard

Smash Hero
sheik ... bad character ... this is news to me ...

NO CHARACTER CAN PLAY HOT POTATO LIKE WE DO/DID Tec0

Hax

Smash Champion
yeah sheik is terrible

she's only like 100x better than captain falcon

D1

Banned via Administration
Like I said Tec0 talked to M2K about Shiek v. CF.

There are answers to that matchup. If anything watch M2K **** Mango's CF.

Top Bottom