• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metroid Topic.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
So, With this, our Samus Social will almost cease to exist as we usually only talk about how awesome samus is in every game but brawl.

I am starting this because I'd love to see some other metroid fans talk metroid while making a wise decision to not main her purely because she's a cool chick. So Nintendo Lovers that don't main samus, This topic is for you.

I'ma start with a sweet picture of her, And the release date of the new Metroid game Metroid: Other M
: Release date is August 31st. Get at IT.

Paste as many Non-page stretching pictures as you'd like. GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY, I WILL call my mod friends if need be.

but, have fun, keep it clean, and keep reminding yourself why she's so cool.​

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This Topic Will fill up with game play and such from Other M. Hell, I'll do it myself if I have to. Game looks way rad.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There be a Metroid: Other M topic buried around here somewhere. See none for the series in general, though.
Lemme know if you need any help with that, Cherry. V:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
We already have a Metroid: Other M thread so please forward all discussion on that game there.

Bumping because leaving a thread dedicated to a franchise as awesome as Metroid inactive is totally unacceptable!

Guys tell me, what's your favorite Metroid game?

I'm gonna tier-list this question.

Metroid Prime 1/Metroid II (tied)
Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid NES/Zero Mission
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime Hunters

Haven't played:
Other M
Metroid NES

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha, insta Love because of your font color.

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 3 (WISH I could have used a GC controller)
Super Metroid

Haven't played any others :(

The controls for Metroid 3 weren't that bad were they? I actually remember them being really fluid.

And light blue ftw.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
They were great, I personally hate the whole aiming thing with the WiiChuck, However once you got used to them it was cake. Made the game hard as hell though, running and trying to hit boss' weak points.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Autolock makes some shooting games too easy, which I'm glad that Metroid Prime Trilogy was made. Sadly I didn't enjoy Metroid Other M like I hope so, mainly because how short it was, also Nintendo main characters shouldn't talk too much unless it's Star Fox, lol.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I have trouble understanding when people complain about how short Other M is. It's the longest Metroid series game to date.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I have trouble understanding when people complain about how short Other M is. It's the longest Metroid series game to date.
Because the cut scenes was a little too long, which effected how long the gameplay would be. I wouldn't compare lengths to other Metroid since the cut scenes was pretty short except for the beginning and the end of the game.

I think that Super Metroid is probably the best game I've ever played.
Makes me miss Gunpei and how much of an epic job he did making the earlier Metroid games. T_T

Super Metroid is one of my all time favorite games.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Honestly, when I think of the Metroid series, the gold standard that pops up first in my mind is Super Metroid. That game was awesome, I remember playing it when I was like 8. I also liked Metroid Fusion and the original NES Metroid. Metroid Prime was okay, never played 2 or 3, and I am unfortunately too poor to get Other M, but I'd love to get to play it some time or buy it when I get the money (stupid student loan check being delayed forever, haha).

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I finished the game in like 6 hours.

Or at least it felt like 6 hours. I didn't even need a walkthrough or anything (except for the annoying pixel hunts, I really cbf with those).

I liked the cutscenes though.

That sounds a lot longer than most Metroid games, considering that Metroid has always been famous for speedruns. Compared to most games now a days, it does sound short.

*has not played it and hopes that people will use spoiler tags*

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I think how much you'll enjoy Other M has to do with your gaming ethic. It's very easy to abuse the game's dodging system to become pretty much invincible. I never abused it, and really enjoyed the game.

Top Bottom